Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4193 replies to this topic

#3271 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

You probably won't believe it (if you were affected by this before), but the Purchased tab is now working in the iOS App Store. Finally! You wouldn't have ever known it wasn't working if you had a smaller purchased library, but if you had over a thousand or so apps in there, it had been crashing for what seems forever. Finally today it is working. It is a bit slow, but it works. I even found an app I'd forgotten I'd bought and installed it. :) Super Ox Wars if you must know....

This this this! Purchased tab working! I thought maybe it had to do with my newly applied jailbreak.

#3272 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

All of the Angry Birds HD games are down to 99 cents. I'm double dipping, own them for iPhone already. If you only buy one, Star Wars is the best one.

#3273 unveilmyeyes

unveilmyeyes

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Kairosoft just released Beastie Bay for Free

There are IAP, but its definitely not pay to win

well i'll give it a try. my daughter will probably like at the minimum. thanks for post.

#3274 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

All of the Angry Birds HD games are down to 99 cents. I'm double dipping, own them for iPhone already. If you only buy one, Star Wars is the best one.

Double-dipping as well, had them on my Wishlist for a while.

#3275 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Double-dipping as well, had them on my Wishlist for a while.

I think they were all 99 cents during Xmas except for Star Wars, I passed on them at that time but I regretted it the next day.

Amazing Alex HD is 99 cents too, if anyone cares. Bad Piggies as well, I think its already been .99 in the last month.

#3276 3check

3check

World Builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Is Anomaly warzone earth or Korea worth the $1.99? It's never made it down to .99 but I have some credit to burn. Not sure if I would get both though

#3277 thedashrendar

thedashrendar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Saw this posted by the app creators on reddit. They are tryng to get their app out there, and get some feedback on it. It's sort of a math game. We have already played it a little and the kids like it.

http://itunes.apple....02071?ls=1&mt=8

Here is the reddit link if you want to leave feedback.
http://www.reddit.co...nd_help_us_out/

#3278 mkm1998

mkm1998

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

Anyone remember when Big Fish games used to have those huge 99cent sales on all their iPad/iPhone apps? I haven't seen one of those forever. Anyone know when they will do that again?

#3279 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

I'm assuming if I wasn't thrilled with Bad Piggies, I won't be into Amazing Alex. Am I right?

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#3280 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

Anyone remember when Big Fish games used to have those huge 99cent sales on all their iPad/iPhone apps? I haven't seen one of those forever. Anyone know when they will do that again?

Yeah I think the last two times they had the sale it was Xmas 2011 and before that Easter I think. They only dropped to $1.99 in 2012 but threw out a few freebies here and there. I'd say the next chance is Valintines or Easter but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

#3281 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

Anyone else have problems with the itunes links people are posting on this thread. They all show up as a blank page for me on iPad1. I press refresh and it shows part of the page for a second then goes blank again. Maybe it's because I'm using atomic web browser.

#3282 e Skrilla

e Skrilla

64Bit Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

Good call on the Angry birds. Just bought all of them. Hate them but I couldn't pass them up. Everyone else who plays on my phone/pad will get a kick out of this.
Posted Image

#3283 tenchim86

tenchim86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Apparently Notability (Ipad only) is still on sale. While not a game, I have found it to be an invaluable tool for organizing college notes and whatnot. Being able to import .pdf files and then marking them up is fantastic too. Would definitely recommend it.

I absolutely love this app. I use the ability to mark up pdfs to study.

#3284 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

Apparently Notability (Ipad only) is still on sale. While not a game, I have found it to be an invaluable tool for organizing college notes and whatnot. Being able to import .pdf files and then marking them up is fantastic too. Would definitely recommend it.

I already own this for some reason.

I'm really disappointed because there don't seem to be any decent iPad apps for organizing and reading PDFs. Goodreader is decent as a reader, but terrible for organization. Especially helpful is the fact that you can crop all the pages in the PDF at once, to remove useless margins. But organization is just folder/file crap.

#3285 Echotech83

Echotech83

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

Dungelot update is out now!! Downloading now.
Currently Playing: :360: Borderlands 2 :ps3: Ni no kuni :wiiu: Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8, Super Metroid :pc: Bioshock Infinite :3ds: Shovel Knight, Pokemon Y, Bravely Default :xb1: Destiny, Titanfall
3DS friend code: 5129-0757-6682 (PM me if you add me)

#3286 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

Man, CAGs ignore option is awesome!

Nice catch on the Dungelot update. DLing now.

#3287 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

Man, CAGs ignore option is awesome!

Nice catch on the Dungelot update. DLing now.

First round seemed like the game had gotten harder. Not one sword drop and I was dispatched on floor 9. Hopefully that was a fluke.

#3288 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

First round seemed like the game had gotten harder. Not one sword drop and I was dispatched on floor 9. Hopefully that was a fluke.

notice monsters with gold crowns next to their HP will add to your attack or drop loot from battles, it got alot easier after this update I think.
Posted Image

#3289 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

notice monsters with gold crowns next to their HP will add to your attack or drop loot from battles, it got alot easier after this update I think.

Personally I think the game is now much harder and a lot less fun. I enjoyed getting overpowered (50+ attack) and coasting through levels while amassing huge amounts of health. Now that's basically impossible. I was getting to level 95 before; now I'm dying at level 40.

#3290 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

Personally I think the game is now much harder and a lot less fun. I enjoyed getting overpowered (50+ attack) and coasting through levels while amassing huge amounts of health. Now that's basically impossible. I was getting to level 95 before; now I'm dying at level 40.

I found it to be just the opposite. Before this update the longest I went in the dungeon was approximately floor 31. On my first try after the update I got to floor 85 and basically killed myself on purpose since it was going much longer than I expected lol. I was using the dwarf.

#3291 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

I found it to be just the opposite. Before this update the longest I went in the dungeon was approximately floor 31. On my first try after the update I got to floor 85 and basically killed myself on purpose since it was going much longer than I expected lol. I was using the dwarf.

I'm finding it much easier also. Pre-update I made it to 42, I'm now on 71 and had to save for now. I expect to hit 100, i have 350 health and 2 resurrection stones to use. You know you can quit out now and continue at your current floor right?

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#3292 joker______

joker______

Careful...Icarus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

The Walking Dead:Assault dropped to $.99
http://appshopper.co...ng-dead-assault

#3293 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

Reportedly the balance is off in Dungelot a d it's too easy. There's already another update submitted to improve that.

Crunchewy.png

#3294 ssj3pikachu

ssj3pikachu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

The Walking Dead:Assault dropped to $.99
http://appshopper.co...ng-dead-assault

bought it at $2.99 with no regrets. controls are a little finicky, but the game is gorgeous, especially if you're a fan of the comic. builds an immense level of fear/dread for a mobile game. at $.99 it's a no brainer. :D

only bad thing worth noting is I'm not sure if the later chapters marked "coming soon" will be free or IAP.

#3295 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

Yes, Walking Dead: Assault is an awesome price at $.99. Should help with the anticipation for the new episode on Sunday. I'm guessing that this is considered Season 1, so more episodes will be an IAP.

#3296 apinunw

apinunw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

Cradle of Rome (iPad) $4.99 -> Free
https://itunes.apple...d456567951?mt=8

#3297 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

I'm finding it much easier also. Pre-update I made it to 42, I'm now on 71 and had to save for now. I expect to hit 100, i have 350 health and 2 resurrection stones to use. You know you can quit out now and continue at your current floor right?

I didn't find that out until afterwards, but it's good to know.

#3298 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

In case anyone plays, Puzzle and Dragons (HUGE hit in Japan) is doing God-Fest today. Higher than normal hits on some fairly awesome characters. If you start today, you'll likely score about 2-3 pulls which (if my pulls this morning were any idea) about 1/3 chance for a "God" pull.

#3299 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Reportedly the balance is off in Dungelot a d it's too easy. There's already another update submitted to improve that.

Ugh. Whatever it is this update makes me wonder what I ever liked about the game. I'm on my first playthrough, level 28, and I just find it incredibly tedious. It seems even more to just be clicking boxes.

- monsters no longer block adjacent spots.

This really makes it more click click click.

- you can now be poisoned.

Am I meant to be rationing my antidotes?

- shop prices went way up.

I've only encountered one shop on this trip and it was super $$$

I expect I'll finish this run and then delete. I'm not even excited about playing the new girl.

#3300 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

In case anyone plays, Puzzle and Dragons (HUGE hit in Japan) is doing God-Fest today. Higher than normal hits on some fairly awesome characters. If you start today, you'll likely score about 2-3 pulls which (if my pulls this morning were any idea) about 1/3 chance for a "God" pull.

I have no idea what these words mean.