Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4193 replies to this topic

#3301 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Ugh. Whatever it is this update makes me wonder what I ever liked about the game. I'm on my first playthrough, level 28, and I just find it incredibly tedious. It seems even more to just be clicking boxes.
I expect I'll finish this run and then delete. I'm not even excited about playing the new girl.

That's unfortunate. That game wasn't vibing with me to begin with. Maybe I won't even bother playing the new update.

Thanks for the Cradle of Rome heads-up. Apparently, Cradle of Rome 2 is also free but has always been free. Something tells me CoR 2 it's IAP-alicious.

Flight Control HD which has made many a best-of iPad list, is back down to $0.99.
http://www.appshoppe...ight-control-hd

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#3302 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

I've gotta say, unlike all the other platforms I game on, the iOS makes it the most difficult to stay abreast of coming promotions and sales. The iOS app store is so saturated with small time (but some surprisingly fun output) developers that it's hard for them to have a voice to reach us.

Folks here try hard to contribute by monitoring appshopper/watch lists etc, but the info is diluted in the rush of millions of apps.

Any other thoughts on inputs for sale info?

TMG

#3303 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

What we really need is a iOS price tracking search engine. Hope to add it after we get the new site up.

I think we could also have a seperate code drop thread.
Other suggestions include making the iOS forum more visible (by reducing the amount of forums in general) as part of the new site transition.

#3304 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

What we really need is a iOS price tracking search engine. Hope to add it after we get the new site up.

Other suggestions include making the iOS forum more visible (by reducing the amount of forums in general) as part of the new site transition.

Hey Cheapy, the code drop thread already exists on CAG:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=307085
It's also noted on the first page that code drops shouldn't be on the thread.

#3305 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

Hope your ready to save some cash and kick some ass! Yeah AppShopper is the best price tracker I know of and yeah the code drops are annoying.

#3306 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

https://itunes.apple...550054149?mt=8'>Word of the Rings is free

#3307 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

I picked up Walking Dead last night, it seems cool but I'm having trouble adjusting to controlling multiple characters. I wish you could just pull them to their locations on the fly like in Battleheart, vs having to cycle through them one by one and then direct them. It feels a little clunky, but maybe with more practice...

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 11 February 2013 - 04:14 AM.

#3308 monash65

monash65

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

Thanks for the Cradle of Rome heads-up. Apparently, Cradle of Rome 2 is also free but has always been free.

I appreciate whoever mentioned Cradle of Rome being free, and yes COR2 is free too. Both fun games with great HD graphics. However, looks like both of them only let you play so far, until you need to pay to go further.

#3309 BasHanada

BasHanada

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

Jet Set Radio is 99 cents.

#3310 Hijinx

Hijinx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

The Sims 3 just dropped to .99 cents

Edit: Also joining for .99 cents is Madden 12 and Karateka

#3311 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

I appreciate whoever mentioned Cradle of Rome being free, and yes COR2 is free too. Both fun games with great HD graphics. However, looks like both of them only let you play so far, until you need to pay to go further.

So, in other words they're not really free and shouldn't have been posted. :roll:

#3312 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

So, in other words they're not really free and shouldn't have been posted. :roll:

Incorrect. COR2 is free with IAP all the time. COR is paid but currently is (was?) free, no IAP, though there is a separate free version that does. The sale heads-up was for the full version.

#3313 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Jet Set Radio is 99 cents.

I would buy it in a heartbeat just for the music! But I'm really bad in the PC version with a gamepad, i don't want to imagine how bad I'll do on the mobile version

#3314 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Now posted in the OP, so please use it and stop littering up this thread:

If you have code drops, please post them in here: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=307085

Edited by shrike4242, 11 February 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#3315 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Thanks Shrike! Appreciate the help.

I picked up JSR for the Vita so no need to double up on it.

#3316 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

When I look in the app store at jet set radio, there are no written reviews? This seems very strange. Is it just something wrong on my end? I'd like to know about controls.

I picked up JSR for the Vita so no need to double up on it.

I have it for dreamcast but my dreamcast is somewhere buried at my mom's house. :-(

#3317 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

I have it for dreamcast but my dreamcast is somewhere buried at my mom's house. :-(

Dig it out! Still my favorite console of all time.

#3318 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

I got JSR for Vita, too, and the controls on it are a little challenging, so on iOS I can't imagine how they'd be. Not sure how they would have implemented the touch controls.

#3319 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Thanks for the heads up on Jet Set Radio. Never played it but looked fun.

#3320 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for the heads up on Jet Set Radio. Never played it but looked fun.

It was a blast way back when, and the music alone is worth checking it out.

#3321 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Dig it out! Still my favorite console of all time.

Yeah, unfortunately her house is 2000 miles away and I haven't been there in nearly three years. :/

It's sad that not all games support the VGA box.

But yeah, I could really do with some Seaman.

I got JSR for Vita, too, and the controls on it are a little challenging, so on iOS I can't imagine how they'd be. Not sure how they would have implemented the touch controls.

I keep looking at the screenshots and the fake buttons take up such a big part of the screen. I'm guessing I'd play it once and then delete. :-(

#3322 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

All this Dreamcast just reminded I still have 2 of them in my closet I need to get rid of lol.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#3323 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Found the original drop thread dating back to 2011, though it was labeled "iDevice" and didn't show up under a search for iOS.

Added the link to the OP and my earlier post.

#3324 Evil Hayato

Evil Hayato

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

I hope they release more DC games on iOS and other platforms. It still remains my favorite gaming console of all time! mostly due to its large roster of amazing fighters and amazing sega games. I still have my DC and play it from time to time. POWERSTONE 2 is still the shit, especially with friends.

#3325 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

Found the original drop thread dating back to 2011, though it was labeled "iDevice" and didn't show up under a search for iOS.

Added the link to the OP and my earlier post.

I really wish the OP of that thread would change the title to iOS instead of iDevice.... People searching for such a thread aren't going to expect it to be iDevice. Oh well.

Crunchewy.png

#3326 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

I really wish the OP of that thread would change the title to iOS instead of iDevice.... People searching for such a thread aren't going to expect it to be iDevice. Oh well.

Like I did earlier.

It's now changed to iOS in the title.

#3327 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

I hope they release more DC games on iOS and other platforms. It still remains my favorite gaming console of all time! mostly due to its large roster of amazing fighters and amazing sega games. I still have my DC and play it from time to time. POWERSTONE 2 is still the shit, especially with friends.

i recently tried to re-buy powerstone 2

the prices on ebay are absurd

Hand__Of__God.png

#3328 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

^^If you have a PSP, Power Stone Collection is about $20 and includes both games.
As I still have my Dreamcast plugged in and reviews are horrendous, I guess I'll pass on iOS Jet Set Radio.

I highly recommend the free Lost Cubes, which I just finished on iPad with perfect scores on every stage. The difficulty ramp-up is slow, but it eventually gets to a point where I'm sufficiently challenged.
http://appshopper.com/games/lost-cubes

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#3329 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Slow ramp up is right. Too slow IMHO.

Super Monsters Ate My Condo has gone free for the second time:

http://appshopper.co...rs-ate-my-condo

Crunchewy.png

#3330 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

Thanks for the heads up on JSR. Bought it for sometime in the future. Can't pass it up for $.99