Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

GTA Vice City 1.99

#4172 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

GTA Vice City 1.99

Wow... finally a drop. Anybody know how well it controls?

76561197967716198.png

#4173 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

Wow... finally a drop. Anybody know how well it controls?

Pretty much the same as GTA 3 for iOS: driving controls are really great IMO, but the on-foot stuff can be a bit troublesome. Not terrible while just running around, but gunplay is a bit difficult. I have it on my Nexus 7 and I've played about a third of the campaign without any issues, but I remember there was some stuff later on in the game that was hard even with a controller, so who knows how that plays on a tablet/phone.

#4174 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

Pretty much the same as GTA 3 for iOS: driving controls are really great IMO, but the on-foot stuff can be a bit troublesome. Not terrible while just running around, but gunplay is a bit difficult. I have it on my Nexus 7 and I've played about a third of the campaign without any issues, but I remember there was some stuff later on in the game that was hard even with a controller, so who knows how that plays on a tablet/phone.

That's what I suspected. Since I just got a new ipad, I've been out of the loop - are there any controllers that are compatible with GTA?

76561197967716198.png

#4175 guessed

guessed

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

The Journey Down: Chapter 1 is free again today. It was free a little over a month ago so you may have picked it up then.

Recommended for point-and-click fans. Good art style and voice acting. I'll seriously consider buying the new chapters when they are released to support the developers.

Been waiting for that drop on vice-city. Was hoping for 99 cents, but I'll probably go ahead and pay the $1.99. Somehow, I've never played vice city, although I'm pretty sure I own at least two versions in my backlog.

Angry birds friends is out for free (permanent) now. Guess ill try it to see what is different.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#4176 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

That's what I suspected. Since I just got a new ipad, I've been out of the loop - are there any controllers that are compatible with GTA?

Same for me with my iPod Touch 5G. I have an ASUS Transformer TF300 and Nexus 7 with a Nyko PlayPad Pro and MOGA Pocket (will be getting a MOGA Pro when it releases in retail). Not sure of any good controller choices on iOS (I really hope BDA/Power A is making a version of the MOGA for iOS). I really hope this sale is mirrored on Android, as the bigger screens of my tablets and controller options at my disposal make getting it for Android the better choice.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#4177 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

God of Blades drops to $.99 for the first time since November. Been on my wish list for a while now, after hearing about it on the touch arcade podcast:
http://toucharcade.c.../god-of-blades/
http://appshopper.co...s/god-of-blades
https://itunes.apple...d541971611?mt=8

#4178 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

Been a few days since I checked here. Glad I did and got Clear Vision 2. Thanks!

#4179 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

As a PSA, Star Command is finally out for iOS.

#4180 ssj3pikachu

ssj3pikachu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

As a PSA, Star Command is finally out for iOS.

and it's glorious. definitely quenched my thirst for a portable FTL.

#4181 ssj3pikachu

ssj3pikachu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

GTA Vice City 1.99

tempted to jump on this. anyone know how devastating playing on an iPhone 4s is, screen wise? I'm almost 25 now, so I'm worried my poor aging eyes won't be able to handle it all scrunched up into a tiny screen. :p

#4182 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

and it's glorious. definitely quenched my thirst for a portable FTL.

Reviews seem mixed, but I'm considering it.

#4183 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

Wondering exactly what the man above me wants to know.

#4184 ssj3pikachu

ssj3pikachu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

on-ship crew vs. crew battles aren't as bad as reviews made them out to be as long as you're keeping an eye on their health and the damage to your ship.

I'm not thrilled about the ship weapons being powered by minigames, but it makes battles that much more dire.

for $2.99, it's easily one of the most enthralling games I've played on iOS.

#4185 Fatality

Fatality

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

LEGO┬« STAR WARS™ THE YODA CHRONICLES
Free
https://itunes.apple...d639519301?mt=8

#4186 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

Most Star Command impressions I've read have been dissapointing to negative, I'm gonna pass on it.

CarTunes is free down from 4.99, pretty cool way to play your music with gestures for skipping, pause, volume, for when you can't look at the screen.

I think I'm gonna get Vice City for my iPod Touch 5. I couldn't deal with the shooting in GTA3 but this is supposed to have some form of improvement... plus it's Vice City in widescreen retina on my iPad/iPod for $2, kind of a no-brainer. Whoops, I just talked myself into buying it.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 03 May 2013 - 12:01 AM.

#4187 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

I agree. But to cure this just snag a used PS3 sixaxis or Dual shock. Then grab the sixaxis app and enjoy console gaming on the go

#4188 synonys

synonys

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:17 AM

where is this sixaxis app?

#4189 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

where is this sixaxis app?

For Android devices only, I presume.

76561197967716198.png

#4190 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

For Android devices only, I presume.

Blutrol ... jailbreak only

#4191 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

Just a quick bit: Played a bit of Leviathan: Warships iOS this morning. It's ok. Not sure $5 is the right range. But I also bought it on Steam for $9.99. The Steam version, too, is ok.

And the hardcore turn-based & real-time strategy games just keep rolling in! My wishlist item of "Ascendancy" (hardcore 4X strategy) just dropped to 99-cents (list priced @ $6.99), and was this cheap previously between 2/15-2/18 earlier in 2013. From the screenshot below, as well the developer's YouTube channel, you can already tell this is 1 very complex game ... with no IAP's. :applause:

Posted Image

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#4192 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:41 AM

And the hardcore turn-based & real-time strategy games just keep rolling in! My wishlist item of "Ascendancy" (hardcore 4X strategy) just dropped to 99-cents (list priced @ $6.99), and was this cheap previously between 2/15-2/18 earlier in 2013. From the screenshot below, as well the developer's YouTube channel, you can already tell this is 1 very complex game ... with no IAP's. :applause:

Yeah, I picked this up too, but dang it's overwhelming. It's not even clear how to pull up menus, or even go back a screen. I accidentally selected a race and couldn't figure out how to go back to select another one. I gave up and will give it a go again tomorrow. In the meantime, playing Star Command. Pretty awesome.

#4193 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:51 AM

No idea how intrusive/necessary the IAP's are, but the officially-licensed version of "Stratego" (for iPad-only) has dropped to 99-cents for the first time.

Posted Image

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#4194 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

I have just made a thread reset, here's the link to the new one:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=342784