Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4193 replies to this topic

#661 outphase

outphase

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

Hey guys ... A bit offtopic, but anyone with a second US iTunes ID has an idea which state doesn't collect taxes for purchases? I got myself a few bucks gift card, but for 3x$0,99 purchases it charged me $0,28 for tax, lol. First tried with NY state address, then CA state address, but both seem to collect taxes.

Anyone with experience with this?

CA does not.

#662 kitara91

kitara91

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

http://www.appshoppe...an-origin-story

Free for 1st time

#663 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty is FREE for a limited time!
http://appshopper.co...inel-of-liberty

Posted Image

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#664 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

CA does not.

What about that news about amazon charging tax in CA? I haven't been keeping up with that since I pretend I'm residing in tax-free Alaska. No need to scroll down those drop lists of states while I fill out those sign up pages.

#665 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

Run roo run is free.

#666 outphase

outphase

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

What about that news about amazon charging tax in CA? I haven't been keeping up with that since I pretend I'm residing in tax-free Alaska. No need to scroll down those drop lists of states while I fill out those sign up pages.

CA sales tax doesn't apply to digital goods, so iTunes purchases are untaxed.

#667 blk00civicsi

blk00civicsi

Pillsbury Island

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

Are people really trying to avoid 30 cents of sales tax?? I'm all about saving some dough but switching addresses to do so.... Dumb

#668 Captain Wrong

Captain Wrong

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

Are people really trying to avoid 30 cents of sales tax?? I'm all about saving some dough but switching addresses to do so.... Dumb

Not to mention illegal.

#669 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

Run roo run is free.

Yes, but I'm not downloading it until I can change my address to somewhere in California!

Crunchewy.png

#670 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

AppShopper just emailed me (yesterday) that "Save Our Sheep HD" (universal) went FREE (normally $2.99) ...
http://www.appshoppe.../save-our-sheep

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#671 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

MotoHeroz HD is free (previously a great wiiware game)-
http://itunes.apple....d502462192?mt=8

Ubisoft REALLY wants you to know the following are on sale:

Also notice that Prince of Persia® Classic will soon be 99-cents (down 50%), though obviously no idea (yet) if that's iPhone-only or includes the HD version ...

Posted Image

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#672 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

Playrix currently has a few Premium games on sale ... but you'll want to 1) launch the game while it's on sale (so it's registered), and 2) bbackup the files ASAP, since they could easily revert to IAP with each version update:

70109.png

#673 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

Not to mention illegal.

meh. i fortunately live in tax free Oregon, but i seriously disagree with the gov't getting their sticky little fingers all over every single transaction. i mean, seriously, we're talking about purely digital goods bought with digital cash. it's bad enough when they tax your earnings then tax your spending (and then you've got the fed undercutting the value by printing it whenever, but that's a whole different ball of wax)

point is... while it might be 'illegal', i think they can survive not getting their 30 cents given the millions they steal on a daily basis from actual producers.

#674 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

take it to the vs. forum. quit messing up this thread, folks.
Posted Image

#675 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

Found on a couple threads on Slickdeals. Cheap iPhone 5 cases.

use coupon code: LUVAPPLE The price will be $3.75 total per case ($1.50 for the case + $2.75 for shipping).
http://www.amazon.co...ywords=luvapple

About $4 for one of these or $6 for two (including shipping). Use coupon code at checkout: FreeZooGueAccessory
http://www.zoogue.co...ial-shell-case/

#676 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

Playrix currently has a few Premium games on sale ... but you'll want to 1) launch the game while it's on sale (so it's registered), and 2) bbackup the files ASAP, since they could easily revert to IAP with each version update:

Downloaded and played Around the World in 80 Days HD for iPad, and it let me play up to France and then said I had to buy the rest, wtf? I know I downloaded the free version.

#677 decon

decon

CAGiversary! Excellent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Downloaded and played Around the World in 80 Days HD for iPad, and it let me play up to France and then said I had to buy the rest, wtf? I know I downloaded the free version.

Had same problem. Their premium is not really the full version.

#678 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

Yeah, when I went to download it (only a few hours after the deal was posted yesterday), I saw they were listing "Full Game" as an IAP for $4.99 and I decided not to even bother.

#679 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

More victims of the Fishdom Syndrome. Unfortunate but expected.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#680 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

I have a iPhone 3GS 16GB available. PM me if interested.

#681 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

Pixel land dropped to free http://appshopper.com/games/pixel-land

It is a game that occurs on an 8x8 grid... but it's like Mario I think. Novelty for sure, but prob worth a look.

#682 guessed

guessed

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

Gunman Clive is free again. Get it if you don't already have it.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#683 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Gunman Clive is free again. Get it if you don't already have it.

Great game.

#684 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:13 PM

Courtesy of AppSpy,

On the Wind is reminiscent of PSN Flower. I dunno if I like it, and the comparison is superficial, since the gameplay is very different, but it's free and worth a look.

Spectre 3D is a remake of an Apple game. For the rest of us, it's like multiplayer Battlezone.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#685 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

Looks like they are going to Release the PS1 version of Lunar Silver Star Story on iOS sometime this week.

http://www.lunar-net...php?newsid=5345

#686 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

That's awesome news, EvilIA! Thanks for sharing. Though I own the PSone port and the PSP remake, I haven't played through either one -- though I beat it on Sega CD. I'm definitely gonna pick it up if it's not too outlandish.

Also, thanks for heads-up on On the Wind, blandstalker. Looks great, and the price is right.

I picked up Angry Birds Space HD when it was 99 cents. Wouldn't call myself a fan of the series, but I've been enjoying this one so far.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#687 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:17 AM

OK, so I'm getting an iphone 5 whenever its delivered.

How can i get in on these free deals on two iphnes coming.

what I did was make itunes accounts and found the free games i wanted (ticket to ride, etc) hit the free app button, let them start downloading, then switched to the other itunes account and did the same thing or each app.

Does this save it to my account like android as in i can redownload it once i get the phone since its on my account. or is it a one time download?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#688 blk00civicsi

blk00civicsi

Pillsbury Island

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:21 AM

As long as the app doesn't get pulled its yours to download whenever.

#689 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:33 AM

As long as the app doesn't get pulled its yours to download whenever.

great, there were some great games and I want to buy super hexagon as well since i think its on sale for $1.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#690 musick

musick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:27 AM

Anodia - breakout/brick-breaker style game currenlty free (was 1.99)

just discovered this game and it is totally bad @ss

http://appshopper.com/games/anodia