Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4193 replies to this topic

#691 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

OK, so I'm getting an iphone 5 whenever its delivered.

How can i get in on these free deals on two iphnes coming.

what I did was make itunes accounts and found the free games i wanted (ticket to ride, etc) hit the free app button, let them start downloading, then switched to the other itunes account and did the same thing or each app.

Does this save it to my account like android as in i can redownload it once i get the phone since its on my account. or is it a one time download?

I don't know who will be using these two phones, but it's worth noting that you can have one iTunes store account set up on more than one phone. You can still sign into iCloud, Gamecenter, etc. with a different one. For example, I have my iTunes account set up for the App Store on both my phone and my wife's, that way if I buy an app/game, I can put it on her phone too at no extra cost.
Posted Image

#692 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

Not a deal, but Rayman Jungle Run is up on the store. Universal for $2.99. Played the first few levels and it seems great if you liked Origins.

#693 apinunw

apinunw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

Call of Duty: Zombies HD (iPad) $4.99 -> $0.99 (Lowest thus far)
http://appshopper.co...ombies-for-ipad

#694 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

Staying on the COD tip, COD:BLOPS Zombies is $1.99. Good thing is, it's universal unlike COD:Z.
http://www.appshoppe...ack-ops-zombies

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#695 EvlD99

EvlD99

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Anodia - breakout/brick-breaker style game currenlty free (was 1.99)

just discovered this game and it is totally bad @ss

http://appshopper.com/games/anodia

Thanks for the link, the screenshots look great.

#696 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

Anodia is good if you like arkanoid/breakout games. Well worth the download.

Fragger and Fragger HD both dropped to free. Good game:

http://appshopper.com/games/fragger
http://appshopper.com/games/fragger-hd

Crunchewy.png

#697 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

Put it on my wish list since everybody here was going on about it.
Kingdom Rush has dropped to free

#698 guessed

guessed

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Put it on my wish list since everybody here was going on about it.
Kingdom Rush has dropped to free

Thanks. Enscripted just went free again. I play it daily (every day there is a new movie quote that you need to unscramble). I probably enjoy it more than I should.

Also, I got a popup from "The Heist" a short while ago that MacHeist 4 mission 1 is now live. It is kind of a mini point and click adventure with puzzles (the emphasis is more on the puzzles than the story). Not fantastic, but an ok diversion for free, and, much like "The Heist", it rewards you with free Mac software. Also, look for Macheist 4 Agent, and Macheist 4 nanomission 1. There are separate iPhone and iPad versions of each (I imagine the giveaways are the same). Sorry for not including links, but that would be 6 links which is a real pain when posting from the phone.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#699 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

So I went to update to iOS6 this morning. What a pain in the butt. It's 626MB but it wants at least 2.5 GB of storage free. I was just about out of space anyway so I had to delete a bunch of stuff just to update. Now I'm just a little happy that I'm not up for a phone upgrade this year since they still have the same price to memory ratio as last year (and the year before too I think). I sure hope next years' model will have more memory for the money.

#700 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

Staying on the COD tip, COD:BLOPS Zombies is $1.99. Good thing is, it's universal unlike COD:Z.
http://www.appshoppe...ack-ops-zombies

Grabbed this, thanks!

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#701 lunasicc

lunasicc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

Street Fighter X Tekken has finally arrived and is on sale for $2.99 instead of $4.99

http://www.appshoppe...ekken-mobile 

#702 blk00civicsi

blk00civicsi

Pillsbury Island

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

Woot!! VZW shipped our phones today. Standard overnight but delayed delivery. :( Sad part is nobody will be home to sign for them. Hopefully I can still pick them up later in the evening.

#703 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Horn has dropped to $2.99 (down from $6.99)!

http://appshopper.com/games/horn-3

This game is supposed to be really good. Definitely tempted at this price.

Crunchewy.png

#704 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

Same here.

#705 Splines

Splines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

Hey, cool looking game.

Wait, it's made by Zynga. I'll pass.

#706 Peffse

Peffse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Hey, cool looking game.

Wait, it's made by Zynga. I'll pass.

PUBLISHED by Zynga, not made.

Also, Dead Rising Mobile and Devil May Cry 4 refrain are $0.99.

#707 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:41 PM

Man, 2 very tempting games for good prices: Horn and SFxT.
However, the lack of play time I've invested in MvC2, Street Fighter Volt, and countless action/adventure games means my cheap ass is going to cheap pass.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#708 GoJays2025

GoJays2025

I like cake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

Tales of Monkey Island sale, $4 for all 5 episodes:

***We're celebrating TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY with a ONE-DAY ONLY SALE!***
***How else would we be able to share in the spoils of our high seas adventures?***
Episode 1 FREE for a limited time!
Episodes 2-5 are 66% OFF - $0.99 each!

HD edition (iPad) is included in the sale too.

Link to episode 1 for iPhones: http://itunes.apple....app/id474032269
Get $2 after you spend $2 on Green Man Gaming by registering with my link. Thanks! :D

#709 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

Anyone else disappointed with ios 6? I updated my ipad 2 this afternoon and don't think it was worth the effort. At least ios 5 had some cool new features- gestures, new keyboard, tabs in safari, etc.

#710 cycophuk

cycophuk

Left to my own devices

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Anyone else disappointed with ios 6? I updated my ipad 2 this afternoon and don't think it was worth the effort. At least ios 5 had some cool new features- gestures, new keyboard, tabs in safari, etc.

I'm disappointed that my iPhone will no longer connect to Wi/Fi.

#711 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

Ditto. It kept popping up a window that goes to a non-working page on apple.com

#712 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

Ditto. It kept popping up a window that goes to a non-working page on apple.com

I was having the same problem and apparently a lot of other people were too. I found a fix though. Go to Settings --> Wi-Fi --> press the blue circle with the arrow on it next to the network you want to connect to --> scroll down to the bottom and under HTTP Proxy select Auto. Then it should work.

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#713 GoJays2025

GoJays2025

I like cake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

It works without doing anything now actually - Apple seems to have deleted their wifi test page somehow (hence the Apple site popup saying 'page not found'), but they seem to have fixed that page.
Get $2 after you spend $2 on Green Man Gaming by registering with my link. Thanks! :D

#714 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:14 AM

PUBLISHED by Zynga, not made.

Ugh, yeah, but there's still a lot of IAP listed for it in the app store. Anyone actually play it yet who can say how necessary the IAP is? I had this on my wishlist on App Shopper, but I'm having second thoughts now...

#715 icedout297

icedout297

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

Ugh, yeah, but there's still a lot of IAP listed for it in the app store. Anyone actually play it yet who can say how necessary the IAP is? I had this on my wishlist on App Shopper, but I'm having second thoughts now...

Even if the name Zynga is just affiliated with it, I'd stay away personally.

Just look at that giant list of IAPs. Fool me once...

#716 Alcedes

Alcedes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

I heard SFxT is charging tokens (bought via in-app purchase) to play ranked matches? Is that true? Crapcom at it's finest...

#717 ARS2x

ARS2x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

iOS 6 has the greatest feature improvement since copy and paste. You no longer have to type your password for evey single update. This was so annoying!!!!

#718 revsmitty

revsmitty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

iOS 6 has the greatest feature improvement since copy and paste. You no longer have to type your password for evey single update. This was so annoying!!!!

Agreed. I like that.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#719 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

No need to enter password for updates? Yeah to that. I still haven't updated yet. I also have been hearing good things from my friends about some other improvements.

Crunchewy.png

#720 thirtytwoutside

thirtytwoutside

HOW CAN SHE SLAP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

I heard SFxT is charging tokens (bought via in-app purchase) to play ranked matches? Is that true? Crapcom at it's finest...

I'm downloading it now - I'll report back once it's done installing... taking forever though.

My personal opinion is that playing Capcom games vs other people on iOS devices sucks - it's super slow and just not the same on a tiny screen. For me, they're more for killing time with Street Fighter characters. I'll save online play for the console versions.
CAG: Where it doesn't matter how good or how cheap a game is, but games would only be "worth buying" to people if only they were $10 cheaper.