Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4193 replies to this topic

#931 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

Anyone play the F=MAaaaAaaaAA game? Worth getting?

Yes it is. I bought it last time it was on sale and had a blast with it.

#932 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

I have 2 Spell Tower, 3 Scribblenauts Remix, and 2 Artemis Fowl: Book One. PM me.
Only one code per person so be specific when choosing.

#933 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

pm sent

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#934 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

is there a site like appshopper for andriod apps?
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#935 anbu-black-ops

anbu-black-ops

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

I have a few SoundHound and Draw Something codes to give out. PM me.

Your mailbox is full. If you still have both codes available, send me a pm too. Thanks again.:applause:

#936 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

Off Topic but wants to say these few games are fun and great time sinks and FREE.

-Simpsons: Tapped Out
-Clash of Clans (Strategy/resourse managment/ with a nice mix of RPG)
-Guardian Cross (Interesting Dungeon/Card Battle RPG, made by SquareEnix, its FREE and best of all I never feel like I NEED to do IAP to win)
-Royal Revolt! (Nice concept on Tower Defense, You and your army are invading the Castles, not protecting it, Nice graphics also)

Edited by Poor2More, 10 October 2012 - 01:07 AM.

Posted Image

#937 bigrozz

bigrozz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

I play Clash of Clans and enjoy it but be forewarned its is extremely pay to win. That and the bottom feeding jerkoffs that attack someone 15 levels below them for gold are really starting to piss me off. They need to remove the ability to scroll through villages until you find some poor chump trying to save up for an upgrade.

#938 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Scribblenauts

YAHPK6E7PT4K

I have now found these in the office, in my kitchen, bedroom, car, and both of my kid's rooms. I dont remember taking so many lol
Posted Image

#939 bigtaco55

bigtaco55

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Scribblenauts

YAHPK6E7PT4K

I have now found these in the office, in my kitchen, bedroom, car, and both of my kid's rooms. I dont remember taking so many lol

Got it! Thanks!

#940 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

If anybody wants a Scribblenauts code, send me a PM. I won't get back with you right away - I'll collect responses and then sit down to send them all out at once, but I'll get to you.

EDIT: Codes are gone.

Edited by mkernan, 10 October 2012 - 08:51 PM.

Posted Image

#941 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

I don't have any codes. Do not PM me.

Anyone seen this trailer for Ravensword 2? I haven't been impressed by alot of the console-style games to hit iOS (despite how good they look), but the potential of Elder Scrolls-esque gaming on my iphone is too exciting to ignore.

Also Crazy Taxi comes out today, and it supposedly has the original soundtrack too. YA YA YA YA YA

#942 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Well, that trailer dinosaurs so I'm interested.

#943 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

I have no idea if this has already been mentioned due to all the code dropping and such, but Wimp Who Stole My Pants HD has dropped to 99 cents. This game was formerly called Wimp Who Stole My Panties HD, which is really more accurate, but I apparently there was some sort of translation issue with that. The appshopper link is still at "panties". LOL. Anyway, it's a physics platform puzzler sort of thing and gets good reviews. There is a lite version to try:

http://appshopper.co...panties-lite-hd
http://appshopper.co...e-my-panties-hd

This HD version is optimized for "iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch 5, iPad 2 and iPad 3." If you have another device they recommend the SD version, which I'm pretty sure is already 99 cents (and has a lite version too).

Crunchewy.png

#944 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

I don't have any codes. Do not PM me.

Anyone seen this trailer for Ravensword 2? I haven't been impressed by alot of the console-style games to hit iOS (despite how good they look), but the potential of Elder Scrolls-esque gaming on my iphone is too exciting to ignore.

Also Crazy Taxi comes out today, and it supposedly has the original soundtrack too. YA YA YA YA YA

I enjoyed your joke.

Trailer looks intriguing. I never bothered to play the first Ravensword, which I own. I think it's because, when you put 430 total hours into Skyrim & Oblivion, it's tough to "slum it" on portable.

Crazy Taxi may be good. That and the upcoming He-Man both remind me of when GBA had sole ownership of handheld games, and would put out terrible stuff like 2002's He-Man: Power of Grayskull and 2003's Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride -- both of which I reviewed when working at Game Informer. We're fortunate to have so many at-least-decent games today for such a cheap price.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#945 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Fans of Playrix Games like me, Fishdom 2 Premium is free today.

http://appshopper.co...om-2-hd-premium

They also released one of my faves, 4 Elements II, no premium version, just a hefty ($7) IAP.
Posted Image

#946 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

picked up dungeon story for .99.

it's basically dungeon raid, but no permadeath. you earn gold/exp every playthrough which you use to level up various attributes and weapons.

honestly, i don't recommend it. it's dungeon raid without the soul. because you just keep leveling up every time you die, so do the enemies, so there's no sense of progression... just constant grind.

everything is simplified too. even equipment buying is simple -- spend 100 to get some +attack, then 200, then 400, etc... there isn't any 'store' with different choices, or different effects... it's just a plain one choice upgrade.

even the dungeons don't totally make sense to me. i played for awhile, died, played, died, and then all of a sudden i got the gem i was looking for, even though i didn't get the sense i fought a mega-boss or anything.

there's some skill involved in terms of gold grinding, and staying alive, but... since death is meaningless, it doesn't really matter all that much.

some of the harder battles do get pretty epic... but... yeh. a big meh. this game had a ton of potential if they just went the extra mile to give it personality, or maybe lewt, or something that made it less transparent of a grind.

dungeon raid escapes that because of permadeath -- you want/need your character to survive, and the spells and effects differ so greatly that no two games feel the same. every game of dungeon story feels the same, just with slightly higher numbers.

the enemies do have different skills which introduce strategy (ie, some transmute hearts into gold) but even that doesn't feel like they tried hard.

#947 mis0

mis0

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

Some free Draw Something codes. Saw that they expire in 4-5 days. :cold:

WTYTMMFAT74Y
9THKJJ6PHLJE
J646JEXYMRFP
47YKW3796HJ7

You are welcome. 8-)

[mis0's tradelist]

#948 jedimario

jedimario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

WTYTMMFAT74Y
9THKJJ6PHLJE
J646JEXYMRFP
47YKW3796HJ7

You are welcome. 8-)

I use J646JEXYMRFP thanks!

#949 honks69

honks69

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

WTYTMMFAT74Y
9THKJJ6PHLJE
J646JEXYMRFP
47YKW3796HJ7

You are welcome. 8-)

Fyi All codes are used

#950 Echotech83

Echotech83

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

LiLi is on sale for $1.99. Haven't played it, but it got good reviews, and was featured on apples keynote.
https://itunes.apple...d560692867?mt=8
Currently Playing: :360: Borderlands 2 :ps3: Ni no kuni :wiiu: Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8, Super Metroid :pc: Bioshock Infinite :3ds: Shovel Knight, Pokemon Y, Bravely Default :xb1: Titanfall, Watch Dogs
3DS friend code: 5129-0757-6682 (PM me if you add me)

#951 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

iBlast Moki 2 HD (universal) has dropped to free:

http://appshopper.co...blast-moki-2-hd

Aiko Island HD (universal) has also dropped to free:

http://appshopper.co.../aiko-island-hd

Crunchewy.png

#952 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

just thought I'll give a shoutout for Polara by HTWGames

was part of the beta-test process and really enjoyed playing it

https://itunes.apple...d551864396?mt=8

Think of it as an Endless Runner, Ikaruga-style!

Posted Image

it's currently onsale at 0.99!

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#953 StellarCommando

StellarCommando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Anyone seen this trailer for Ravensword 2?

Raven's Word? Not interested in another spelling game.

#954 StellarCommando

StellarCommando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Aside from Catan, Dominion, Ticket to Ride, and Le Havre does anyone have good recommendations for card/board games that are more for thinkers? I want to check out Scotland Yard but can't justify the $5.99. More like Scotland 'Tard.

Sorry.

#955 mrsamsa

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

Carcassonne. It's fantastic. Easy to learn, but lots of strategy, and the expansions are fun too.

Aside from Catan, Dominion, Ticket to Ride, and Le Havre does anyone have good recommendations for card/board games that are more for thinkers? I want to check out Scotland Yard but can't justify the $5.99. More like Scotland 'Tard.

Sorry.

#956 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

Ghost Stories will have you thinking (and losing) a lot. Great co-op game. Very difficult. I have the app and the real version. Hopefully they'll add the expansion at some point. It is a co-op game, buy you can play it solo - the game is designed for it.

Crunchewy.png

#957 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

Sorry.

Card games, as in trading card games?

If so check out Shadow Era. Really good cross platform TCG. It's on Android, iOS, flash etc.

#958 cleaver

cleaver

You have 0 friends

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

Planet Hulk armor free this weekend in Avengers Initiative
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#959 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Sorry.

Carcassonne. Reiner Knizia's Samurai. Samurai's endgame is always a brutal final piece placement puzzle. (Just search Reiner Knizia. About half of what is there is good. Just going through the stuff I kept: Knights of Charlemagne. Ingenious. Money. Kingdoms. Battleline.)

Nightfall and Ascension. Ascension is a little simple, even as deck builders go but still has some quality.

Web of Power: The Duel, Consumed.

Battlecon, though the app needs a bit of a stability update. Great game though.

Classic style Euro games like Le Havre and Caylus though I've yet to learn Caylus or figure out how to win Le Havre.

Board games are the few things that get a lot of play on my phone.

When did Dominion get an Iphone app?
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#960 erectiontown

erectiontown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Planet Hulk armor free this weekend in Avengers Initiative

Where does one access this?