Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4193 replies to this topic

#1591 io

io

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

I grabbed Adult Swim's Super Mole Escape which has dropped to free:

http://appshopper.co...per-mole-escape

Damn, was gonna come in here and post this as I thought I had a scoop - I just saw an ad for it on Adult Swim (it is free till next Monday). FYI, they will be having a new app every week. Hopefully they put up Girls Love Robots or whatever it is called.

Super Mole Escape looks decent though:

http://www.metacriti...per-mole-escape

#1592 Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate

Rachael's Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

We can do the spreadsheet again. That went well. I remember going to drop off some Where's My Water codes once. I never went back.

#1593 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

I once tried to fight off the code droppers, but it's hopeless. If people want this to be a code drop thread then I guess it will be a code drop thread. You can convince one person, but there's others who will take their place. One thing you could do is start a new thread that specifically says NO CODE DROPS in the title. Then let this one be what it is.

#1594 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Rayman just got an update with 10 new levels!
Posted Image

#1595 Daviddenton3

Daviddenton3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I was worried about what seemed like price fluctuations on Rayman, I could swear I grabbed mine at $.99 but a few hours later everyone was saying it was at $2.99 and i thought I may have mis-seen and downloaded it at full price. (great game but the extra $2 could get me 2 other great games). But I think I locked it in at a dollar.

Code droppers are like Hydra, knock one down and 2 more take its place. Perhaps their should be some standardized practice of spoilering all things related to code dropping. The codes, pointing out what you've used, questions comments and so forth.

That way actual deals will stand out and people looking for codes can click through the spoilers, that way they get the traffic this thread offers without annoying the hell out of everyone else

#1596 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

The reason I drop codes in this thread is because a lot of you have brought great deals/freebies to my attention. I know you look at this thread as much as I do and I want to give this stuff away here. Even though lurkers get some of the codes here I think there is a better chance you guys will get them here than in a "code drop" thread.

Edit: I like the spoiler idea mentioned above.

#1597 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Hey guys, please don't flame me, just giving a suggestion to other CAGers like myself. Let me start out by saying Walking Dead: The Game is awesome! I got $20 in iTunes for free and it took about 2-3 days to get it (mostly waiting for new apps to become available). It also helped that I have 2 iDevices.

I went the AppTrailers route. Installed the app and installed the AppRedeem website on each device and the points are accumulative between both apps. AR has apps that AT doesn't have and you can watch ads for 5 points each. Once you get to 10k points, cash out for a $10 iTunes card. To get 1000 points just by watching ads takes about an hour. If you're just watching TV anyway, maybe just do that.

I don't want to clog the thread with something that's not code dropping so just PM me if you have questions.

#1598 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

Ski safari and word wonders, two of my wish list apps went free today. Both look great!

Ski safari

Word wonders

#1599 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

Ski safari and word wonders, two of my wish list apps went free today. Both look great!

Ski safari

Word wonders

Ski safari is fun. Everyone should grab this who doesn't have it already.

#1600 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

Got Super Mole Escape and Ski Safari, thanks guys. Would of picked up Word Wonders but it requires a damn camera.

#1601 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

Damn ski safari is really fun! Thanks for the recommendations

#1602 guessed

guessed

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Got Super Mole Escape and Ski Safari, thanks guys. Would of picked up Word Wonders but it requires a damn camera.

It requires a front-facing camera. I'm currently using my old 3GS. I had a 4S, but sold it and I've been waiting to buy a 5 (they are now available unlocked, but I want to switch from AT&T to T-Mobile, and T-Mobile network isn't built up enough in my area yet). Anything that I want that isn't compatible with the 3GS, I go ahead an "buy" with iTunes on the computer, so I don't have to pay for it when I have a device that can play it. Of course, by that time, I will probably forget all about it.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#1603 Darrith

Darrith

The Lion King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

Word Wonders: The Tower of Babel is great. Really high quality and addicting, yet no need for IAP at all really.

#1604 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Ski safari is amazing for free you should all be downloading it already. Very fun on both iPad and iPhone. Also 5 compatible.

#1605 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Well I couldn't DL Word wonders because I have an iPad 1. Add this to the fact that I can't update several of my fav programs and I'm about ready to give apple the finger. I would have never bought an apple product in the first place had I known they were such huge assholes. Let the market decide when a product is dead, don't kill it to try and force your customers to spend more cash.

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#1606 kyle-k

kyle-k

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Well I couldn't DL Word wonders because I have an iPad 1. Add this to the fact that I can't update several of my fav programs and I'm about ready to give apple the finger. I would have never bought an apple product in the first place had I known they were such huge assholes. Let the market decide when a product is dead, don't kill it to try and force your customers to spend more cash.

That's not apple. That's the app developer, who decides what version of IOS is required for the app.

Now blaming apple for the ipad not being able to upgrade to IOS6 is more reasonable. I want to use guided access on my ipad for my kids... (grrr....)

#1607 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

That's not apple. That's the app developer, who decides what version of IOS is required for the app.

Now blaming apple for the ipad not being able to upgrade to IOS6 is more reasonable. I want to use guided access on my ipad for my kids... (grrr....)

No, thats apple. Apple has something they called "Planned obsolesce". This is where they stop releasing patches for their products after just a few years(as you just mentioned). If you do not have the most recent patch then it means more and more games and more and more programs will naturally update to the newest thing. As a result a product that is just a few years old is fast becoming useless.

Yes, developers chose if they support a product or not...but it does not change that apple knows what they are doing it and doing it on purpose. That is a dirty and underhanded business practice and I dont like feeling taken advantage of.

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner

#1608 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

No, thats apple. Apple has something they called "Planned obsolesce". This is where they stop releasing patches for their products after just a few years(as you just mentioned). If you do not have the most recent patch then it means more and more games and more and more programs will naturally update to the newest thing. As a result a product that is just a few years old is fast becoming useless.

Yes, developers chose if they support a product or not...but it does not change that apple knows what they are doing it and doing it on purpose. That is a dirty and underhanded business practice and I dont like feeling taken advantage of.

Part of the reason Apple does this is to limit the number of devices iOS has to support. I think that this is one of it's key advantages over android. It's not perfect, but I really don't think that they are being underhanded my no longer providing updates for a product that many of their users are upgrading away from anyway.

#1609 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Part of the reason Apple does this is to limit the number of devices iOS has to support. I think that this is one of it's key advantages over android. It's not perfect, but I really don't think that they are being underhanded my no longer providing updates for a product that many of their users are upgrading away from anyway.

So if Sony put out the PS4 then 2 years later put out the PS4 slim and announced that they would no longer support the original PS4 you would be ok with that? I dont care how many pies they have their thumbs in, that is THEIR concern not the consumers. If they cant handle having that many products maybe they shouldnt put out a new version of each product every freaking year.

MS manges to make windows work across a million different PCs as well as Zune, tablets etc etc. Apple can too. Face it, this again is just a money grab. They know that all the douchey hipster kids(and I say that as a douchey hipsterish kid)will go out and buy the shiny new toy every year, so they get away with this.

#1610 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Also, as an interesting note, I hate PC gaming because I need to update my graphics card every 2 years....

And my car gets traded in every 3 years...

Damn them for making it consumer driven!

Seriously though, Apple has to be manageable about the entire situation. Forcing devs to HAVE to code for something that's 4-5 generations because is hard and impractical on their parts. Now, that being said, if you have an iPad 1 when iPad 5 hits, then that's your bad. Until then, I think Apple should at least support 3 generations back (plus present) That should be roughly 3 years or so worth of support.

#1611 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Also, as an interesting note, I hate PC gaming because I need to update my graphics card every 2 years....

And my car gets traded in every 3 years...

Damn them for making it consumer driven!

Seriously though, Apple has to be manageable about the entire situation. Forcing devs to HAVE to code for something that's 4-5 generations because is hard and impractical on their parts. Now, that being said, if you have an iPad 1 when iPad 5 hits, then that's your bad. Until then, I think Apple should at least support 3 generations back (plus present) That should be roughly 3 years or so worth of support.

Wow if this isnt false logic. Again you buy a car and the car over time becomes obsolete. What is happening here is more akin to buying a car and then 2 years later they stop making not only that car but also any parts for it. And with a graphics card you dont HAVE to go buy a new GC, you chose to. With the IPAD that is not the case, again apples own fucking words are planned obsolesce. They planned to make their product useless, graphics card makers dont...it just happens.

As for forcing developers to program for old patches....that is what they are doing. If we IPAD 1 users could upgrade to IOS6 then it means developers only have 1 patch to worry about. However, as it stands I cant upgrade to IOS6 so that means developers now face a choice, do you only develop patches for IO6 and isolate that older market, or do you spend extra resources to account for several different patches. Again your logic was pretty ass backwards here.

#1612 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

Code drops >>> arguing about Apple's business practices

BTW, Gubs released as free/ad-supported:
https://itunes.apple...=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

#1613 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Code drops >>> arguing about Apple's business practices

BTW, Gubs released as free/ad-supported:
https://itunes.apple...=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

What about arguing about code drops? ;) hehe sorry couldnt help it!

Edit - Wanted to add that Gubs is a simple but fun little board game. It may be a bit simple for many adults but is a good game for board gamers to play with kids.

#1614 icedout297

icedout297

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

For the most part, I agree with MSI Magus. And this is coming from someone who owns an iPad 3 and iPhone 5 and has owned multiple iPhones and iPods as to not show my bias.

Apple's business practices are really starting to get to me. It's one of the reasons why I just ordered a Sony VAIO over a MacBook Pro. They seem to be caring less and less about their customers and more about getting the newest iteration of their product to market in order to make previous ones obsolete more quickly.

Like the new iPad being released six months after the iPad 3? That's just shady. I am at the point where I'm done with most of Apple's product lines because I just feel used and taken advantage of. I have NEVER experienced that feeling with any other company and its unfortunate because they make good products. I just feel they're becoming overconfident and are taking their user-base for granted. Fortunately, over time people will catch on.

#1615 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

Pizza Vs Skeletons Full version, normally $2.99, is free for today.

https://itunes.apple...475212472?mt=8'> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pizza-vs.-skeletons/id475212472?mt=8

#1616 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Pizza Vs Skeletons Full version, normally $2.99, is free for today.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pizza-vs.-skeletons/id475212472?mt=8

Thanks! Got one!

#1617 Jon Bon

Jon Bon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

For the most part, I agree with MSI Magus. And this is coming from someone who owns an iPad 3 and iPhone 5 and has owned multiple iPhones and iPods as to not show my bias.

Apple's business practices are really starting to get to me. It's one of the reasons why I just ordered a Sony VAIO over a MacBook Pro. They seem to be caring less and less about their customers and more about getting the newest iteration of their product to market in order to make previous ones obsolete more quickly.

Like the new iPad being released six months after the iPad 3? That's just shady. I am at the point where I'm done with most of Apple's product lines because I just feel used and taken advantage of. I have NEVER experienced that feeling with any other company and its unfortunate because they make good products. I just feel they're becoming overconfident and are taking their user-base for granted. Fortunately, over time people will catch on.

The new iPad doesn't necessarily make the iPad 3 obsolete ;)

Bart: You are my guest, and I am your host. What is your pleasure? What do you like to do?
Jim: I don't know... play chess... screw...
Bart: Let's play chess.

#1618 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

that's just rationalizing and excusing bad behavior.

my wife has not had her first gen ipad all that long.

this is the release date history:

1st generation:
April/ May, 2010
iPad 2:
March, 2011
3rd generation:
March 16, 2012
4th generation and Mini:
November 2, 2012

That's a year apart between gen1 and gen2 and 3, and significantly less for the 4th.

For them to effectively make our ipad, which works perfectly fine, essentially obsolete (the un-upgradable app list grows by the week) is ridiculous.

I mean, the Ipad is only 2.5 years old at most. Ours isn't even that - we bought it (unknowingly) right before the 2nd gen was released.

I understand tech changes - i've been upgrading computers for decades. But Apple are money grubbers, and always have been. it's the first and only ipad i'm buying due to the ios6 fiasco. other companies can take my money instead.

#1619 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

The new iPad doesn't necessarily make the iPad 3 obsolete ;)

As a new owner of a used ipad 3, I can definitely say that what it is capable of doing will be more than sufficient for at least 2 years.

The ipad 4 may have the new chip and a better camera, but the 3 is for the most part the same thing. As I read in several reviews and comparisons, many people made the point that by the time their 3 is worn out or just getting on their nerves (don't know why it would lol), a newer ipad will be released, so upgrading to a 4 now is just pointless.

I say this even though I secretly want the 4 myself. I try as much as possible to profit from Craigslist by buying iPads on the cheap from people in need of quick cash, then taking my time and selling them for more..to the point I can upgrade at almost next to nothing.

For instance, I bought an ipad 2 last Sunday for $230...turned around and sold it for $315 on Friday. Used that $315 towards the 3 I'm typing on now that I got this past Sunday for $385 w/ all original extras, and a $50 value smart case.

I'm now trying to sell this for $425 and see if I get any bites. If so, I can nab a 4th gen for probably $425-450 with goodies, making my cycle complete.
Posted Image

#1620 Alcedes

Alcedes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

You guys make it sound like apple has a secret plan to force people to upgrade. The only reason the iPad 1st gen never got iOS6 is it only has 256 megs of ram. That's it, no conspiracy theory or evil intentions. The iphone 4 has the same cpu and guess what? it has 512megs of ram and got ios6. Runs like shit, but it runs.

There's a reason most developers are requiring ios6, more memory makes it much easier to create the kickass games we take for granted.

Let's try to stay on topic, if you hate apple, go buy an android POS and enjoy the leftover IOS backports.