Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4193 replies to this topic

#1651 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Even though I haven't put much time into them, GTA3 and Chinatown Wars runs really well. I have no problems with the controls. No telling if they'll be on sale but GTA3 dropped to $2.99 or $.99 within a week of it releasing.

Now's about the time Best Buy or Walgreens might run their iTunes sale. Good way to stock up. Keep an eye out for them, which will most likely get posted in here.

#1652 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Into the dead is a blast! Thanks for posting it

#1653 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

GTA 3 and VC both play really well on iOS, even the phone. Customizable control placement makes it even better. Easily worth the money.

Not to mention the motion controls for steering, personally I think the driving is better this way than it was on a PC with a controller.

#1654 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

You guys make it sound like apple has a secret plan to force people to upgrade.

Are you serious? It's not even a secret plan. It's out in the open.

As someone else mentioned, it's called planned obsolescence and it's been a facet of the industrial world for the better part of a century. Apple just happens to go the extra mile.

Those of us discussing it wouldn't have such a problem with upgrades (which are natural in the tech world) if they weren't upgrading the hardware/software quite so often. I know my Ipad will someday be a brick. That's fine. But 2 years? For a $500 range purchase?

If Playstation or XBOX upgraded their consoles every two years, there would be some people defending them too. It would still suck, though.

#1655 Ginger Junk

Ginger Junk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

When GTA 3 came out, it was also $4.99. I waited to see if the price would drop, and I was so happy when it dropped to $2.99 a week later. I was glad I waited. Then a couple of months later, it dropped to 99 cents. I learned my lesson. I think I'll wait for Vice City.

#1656 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

When GTA 3 came out, it was also $4.99. I waited to see if the price would drop, and I was so happy when it dropped to $2.99 a week later. I was glad I waited. Then a couple of months later, it dropped to 99 cents. I learned my lesson. I think I'll wait for Vice City.

Same here! I am not in any rush... I still haven't played III

#1657 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Chalk me up as one who'll be waiting for GTA:VC to hit $0.99

#1658 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

I didn't want to wait for Vice City. That just may be my favorite PS2 game. Probably would make my top 10 all-time.
You guys see the He-Man game got updated with playable She-Ra? I need to play more of that, though I'm spending most of my iOS time with Punch Quest.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#1659 The Truth 34

The Truth 34

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Sonic codes:

ppjkxetk7plp
34f6h4ajalph
ky74nynfwh7a
wte6x9pwkfet

Edited by The Truth 34, 08 December 2012 - 11:12 PM.

#1660 LimeWire

LimeWire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Praying for the GTA games to drop to 99 cents during the Christmas sale. Minecraft: PE and Infinity Blade II 99 cents each would also be nice.

#1661 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Yep. I learned my lesson last time.
I'm waiting for GTA:VC to hit 99 cents.

I still can't believe they haven't implemented cross play and cloud saves, would make the game worlds better.
Posted Image

#1662 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Spelltower codes:

fx4jpwlny99x
67j4mekaxxmx
ehtajkfepyha

Not surprised in the least but all were stealth jacked...

#1663 io

io

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

Praying for the GTA games to drop to 99 cents during the Christmas sale. Minecraft: PE and Infinity Blade II 99 cents each would also be nice.

Christmas sale? My son wants Minecraft but if there's even a chance stuff till drop we can wait. What sorts of deals did they have last year?

#1664 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Yep. I learned my lesson last time.
I'm waiting for GTA:VC to hit 99 cents.

I still can't believe they haven't implemented cross play and cloud saves, would make the game worlds better.

Yep. I would love to be able to hop from my phone to the iPad and continue where I left off. You would think they would have implemented iphone 5 support by now too.

#1665 outphase

outphase

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

Christmas sale? My son wants Minecraft but if there's even a chance stuff till drop we can wait. What sorts of deals did they have last year?

Minecraft never went on sale. http://www.appshoppe...-pocket-edition

#1666 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

I'm tempted to buy vc now but like many have noted; it'll hit $.99 soon. I can't believe that after having bought GTA 3 on the ps2, Xbox and PC, I ended up beating it wih no cheats on the iPad. 8-)

#1667 Ginger Junk

Ginger Junk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

Ravensword: The Fallen King for iphone is 99 cents for the first time since February.

#1668 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

Final fantasy 3 for $9 ......

#1669 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

Final fantasy dimensions sale

Sale Details!
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Take advantage of a limited-time sale celebrating the coming release of FINAL FANTASY IV! From now through December 14 only, save 40% or more on the Chapter 1–4 Set, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, and the Chiptune BGM!

■Details

Set: Chapters 1–4
$28.99 → $16.99

Chapter 2: The Generals Approach
(Contains the Dragoon, Ranger, Bard, and Dark Knight Chapters)
$9.99 → $5.99

Chapter 3: Warriors of Light and Darkness
(Contains the Memorist, Dancer, Paladin, and Ninja Chapters)
$9.99 → $5.99

Chapter 4: Twilight
$9.99 → $5.99

Chiptune BGM
$9.99 → $5.99

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

#1670 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

One star

#1671 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

There are two cloud save slots in VC.

#1672 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

Final fantasy 3 for $9 ......

I'd be inclined to buy Final Fantasy 3 if they'd made it one universal version and implemented cloud saves so that I could play it across both my iPhone and my iPad. As it is... meh, pass.

One star

one star for what? Final Fantasy Dimensions?

#1673 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

Just messing around due to all the stars around the deal. Nothing against the game just not paying big money for iOS games.

#1674 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

Just messing around due to all the stars around the deal. Nothing against the game just not paying big money for iOS games.

Ah, heh. I dunno, I'd be almost inclined to pay it if the game is good enough. At least they made it universal this time. But, as far as I've been able to find out, still no cloud save support.

I really think I'm taking the hard line on the issues of universal binaries and cloud save support for anything more than a casual game on iOS from now on. For a 99 cent throw-away time waster it doesn't matter, but if a company wants me to drop more than $5 on their game, they need to step it up. There's just no excuse for anything else at this point.

#1675 Zeeb

Zeeb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

Not surprised in the least but all were stealth jacked...

Good. They were stolen off-topic codes.

My suggestion is to leave them for the the Starbucks patrons and stop attracting whiny beggars.

#1676 rewerbkcirtap

rewerbkcirtap

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

While Minecraft: PE has never been on sale for iOS, it was part of the 10 cent sale last Christmas on Android. So at least for me, I am holding out. ;)

#1677 icedout297

icedout297

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

Good. They were stolen off-topic codes.

My suggestion is to leave them for the the Starbucks patrons and stop attracting whiny beggars.

The tears.

To stay on topic, Square has done nothing to show me their games are worth those sort of prices. Some of them cost $20 and all they do is crash (tactics). Sad, since I adore the series, but overall not worth it on iOS.

#1678 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

To stay on topic, Square has done nothing to show me their games are worth those sort of prices. iOS.

Chaos Rings is worth the money imo. No iOS game since has kept me interested enough to play for 10+ hours.

Hand__Of__God.png

#1679 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

I wish they'd drop the price on Chrono Trigger. App has been out more than a year now and it hasnt even dropped once.

#1680 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

Chaos Rings is worth the money imo. No iOS game since has kept me interested enough to play for 10+ hours.

I second that: played through all four scenarios and found the interwined time-looping stories among the best of this generation, surely on top of every other JRPG I played from 2006 onward... it's truly a shame that SE didn't hire the talents of Kitajima and his staff for their projects on "big" consoles, anyway IMO Chaos Rings is a true gem that every (J)RPG lover should not ignore, even if from a gameplay perspective it doesn't offer too much to sink one's teeth into :)
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.