Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4193 replies to this topic

#1681 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

Only played a couple cursory minutes of Vice City, but I'm so glad I bought it. The graphics are much improved; the controls are super customizable (gyro steering OR L/R only steering OR analog steering, plus you can reorder/resize the buttons); the radio stations still kick ass; there are cloud saves (I have iPhone 5 and iPad 2). It's an amazing piece of software to be portable, only $5, and improved over the original -- which is on my all-time top 10 list.
Of course, I pretty much got busted immediately. Also, I didn't see how to punch passersby.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#1682 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Final fantasy 3 for $9 ......

Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II are $4 each. According to Appshopper that matches their lowest price ever.

Workin on it

#1683 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Chaos Rings is worth the money imo. No iOS game since has kept me interested enough to play for 10+ hours.

I hated Chaos Rings. It started off well enough, but it quickly felt like I was just doing the same thing over and over again, and the story felt like it was just tacked on and wasn't going anywhere. I finally got bored and just stopped playing.

#1684 NaiveCynic

NaiveCynic

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Considering how rarely Square Enix apps go on sale, I'd say snatch these up quick. From what I can tell, the last time they were this cheap was back in March of 2011, so basically a year and a half ago.

I'd snag em, but I've already played their PSP counterparts and the niftiness of having them on my phone isn't worth it to me. I DID get the Final Fantasy Dimensions IAP though. Lord knows the original $28.99 asking price was WAY too much. Even $16.99 seems like too much, but considering the game is only available on iOS and I don't want to have to wait another 21 months for another sale, I just decided to bite the bullet.

I DO like the game so far. And to be fair, the sale price is cheaper than FFIII on PSN. Granted, I can't play it on my Vita, but I don't carry my Vita with me at all times, either.

#1685 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

I hated Chaos Rings. It started off well enough, but it quickly felt like I was just doing the same thing over and over again, and the story felt like it was just tacked on and wasn't going anywhere. I finally got bored and just stopped playing.

Trust me, you are doing the same thing over and over again, each time easier than the last since monsters pose absolutely no threat after a short while, so the game feels no more than a glorified technical demo in this regard... however, the story is a horse of a different colour and it develops over the course of each couple's adventure (plus a final chapter that encompasses them all), so you must endure the standard turn-based RPG fare to enjoy it.

Sure enough, I couldn't possibly justify its full price, but I bought it during a massive SE discount a couple of years ago at about $3 or $4 and didn't regret a single moment of it, since it was an almost-console like experience with a gripping story, interesting characters and wonderful art :)

Ok, Chaos Rings Defense Force out! 8-)
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#1686 biocat

biocat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

Ugh. Baldur's Gate EE requires ios 6.0. I guess I should finally bite the bullet and update.

#1687 Multicron

Multicron

Extreme OCD Victim

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Is appshopper down? I can't connect to it from my iPad or iPhone 5.

#1688 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Is appshopper down? I can't connect to it from my iPad or iPhone 5.

Down for me, this happened to me a couple days ago and got it to work after updating the app, maybe if you delete and re-install it might work. Haven't tried the web site, that might work also.

#1689 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

Appshopper.com is working for me. I guess they fixed it.

Carcassonne soon finally getting Traders & Builders expansion. Yeah! It's a great expansion to the game. They are saying it will be out this month. I think it's in review, but it's a little hard to tell from their post on twitter. Here's an iPhone screenshot:

http://t.co/a1WcDtSf

Crunchewy.png

#1690 Multicron

Multicron

Extreme OCD Victim

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

I refuse to update the AppShopper app - they added ads! Sadly, they added them right before I downloaded the app on my new iPhone.

Oh yeah, and the AppShopper apps work again.

#1691 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

I refuse to update the AppShopper app - they added ads! Sadly, they added them right before I downloaded the app on my new iPhone.

Just out of curiosity, is there IAP to remove the ads? If so I might get it again.

It's sad but we now know there are much worse things to do than throwing ads into an always free app. Like turning paid app into ad supported. Or turning app people paid money for into just a demo. Etc.

#1692 rewerbkcirtap

rewerbkcirtap

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

What is extra weird is that on the iPad, appshopper does not have ads. Go figure

#1693 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

What is extra weird is that on the iPad, appshopper does not have ads. Go figure

Don't worry it will be in the next update

#1694 Dmonrei

Dmonrei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

Considering how rarely Square Enix apps go on sale, I'd say snatch these up quick. From what I can tell, the last time they were this cheap was back in March of 2011, so basically a year and a half ago.

I'd snag em, but I've already played their PSP counterparts and the niftiness of having them on my phone isn't worth it to me. I DID get the Final Fantasy Dimensions IAP though. Lord knows the original $28.99 asking price was WAY too much. Even $16.99 seems like too much, but considering the game is only available on iOS and I don't want to have to wait another 21 months for another sale, I just decided to bite the bullet.

I DO like the game so far. And to be fair, the sale price is cheaper than FFIII on PSN. Granted, I can't play it on my Vita, but I don't carry my Vita with me at all times, either.

I'm incredibly tempted by FF Dimensions just because people I know say it's the best new "old-school" Final Fantasy in years (I played a little of the free version but not enough to form a solid opinion) I just don't know if I can justify paying that amount for it given that the only game I've paid >$10 for is FFT:WoTL and even that took a few updates before it was worth the price tag (slowdowns were initially worse than the PSP port while adding a ton of glitches)

#1695 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

I'm not seeing ads in the appshopper app on my iPhone and there's no update available? I'm not complaining.

Crunchewy.png

#1696 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

How dare they try to monetize their exceptionally helpful app.

ach.png

#1697 bombfirst885

bombfirst885

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

If I was to only buy one of the Final Fantasies between I & III which would you suggest? I played the first on the NES as a kid so I've always had nostalgia for that title. Never played the other two iirc.

#1698 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

I like III, and I spent a HELL OF A LOT of time playing it on the DS with the re-release. Not sure about any of the iDevice ones though. SE charges too much IMO for the i-Versions.

#1699 NaiveCynic

NaiveCynic

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

I'm incredibly tempted by FF Dimensions just because people I know say it's the best new "old-school" Final Fantasy in years (I played a little of the free version but not enough to form a solid opinion) I just don't know if I can justify paying that amount for it given that the only game I've paid >$10 for is FFT:WoTL and even that took a few updates before it was worth the price tag (slowdowns were initially worse than the PSP port while adding a ton of glitches)

I agree that the price is still steep, but I think it's safe to say that it's not going to get any cheaper. I haven't played too far past the prologue yet, but so far I'm pretty content with my purchase. If you're an fan of the old school Final Fantasy games, it'll scratch your nostalgia itch quite nicely.

If I was to only buy one of the Final Fantasies between I & III which would you suggest? I played the first on the NES as a kid so I've always had nostalgia for that title. Never played the other two iirc.

FFIII on the App Store is based on the DS remake, so it's the most modern feeling one, but decidedly still very old school gameplay-wise. I'd say it's my favorite of the first 3 Final Fantasy games. FFI is also an easy recommendation, but I'd say be cautious of FFII. It has a very unique stat leveling system which has been a point of controversy with fans.

Either way, I'd say it's easily the weakest of the 3, but still worth playing. If I had to endorse only one, it would be FFIII.

Edited by NaiveCynic, 07 December 2012 - 07:24 PM.
Additional reply to another post

#1700 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Is the Youtube app as bad as they say or should I just stay with using youtube thru Safari?

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#1701 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Is the Youtube app as bad as they say or should I just stay with using youtube thru Safari?

Is there some great burden involved in installing it and finding out for yourself? LOL. :)

Crunchewy.png

#1702 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Is there some great burden involved in installing it and finding out for yourself? LOL. :)

Yup a big one
Posted Image

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#1703 darrenaero

darrenaero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

Please enlighten us. It's a small file size. Can be downloaded over 3G and is free. This burden would literally take a minute of your life.

It's not even a game you have to invest time in to see if you like it.

#1704 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

Please enlighten us. It's a small file size. Can be downloaded over 3G and is free. This burden would literally take a minute of your life.

It's not even a game you have to invest time in to see if you like it.

Enlighten you?
Posted Image

Its a rather simple question is it worth even the download or is there something else out there better. Have you even stop and looked up all the other youtube apps out there.

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#1705 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

The wifey just got home with a iPad 2. Pretty fucking stoked right now. I've bought so many games that were a pain to play on my phone, it'll be nice to finally play them!

#1706 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

Youtube App is not awful but I'm not that big a fan
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1707 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

Bal-ders gate! Bal-ders gate! Balders gate! Balders gate!

#1708 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

I like the youtube app. Works perfectly fine for what it is. The voice recognition from ios6 is clutch when youre sitting in traffic.

Hand__Of__God.png

#1709 Echotech83

Echotech83

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

Bal-ders gate! Bal-ders gate! Balders gate! Balders gate!

Tempted to pick that up since I never played it before. Not sure how I missed it the first time, think I was too preoccupied with FF7 on my PS1. (Damn I'm getting old)

I've already got too many games in my back log thanks to this thread, lol, here's hoping for a Christmas sale. But I'm not holding my breath.
Currently Playing: :360: Borderlands 2 :ps3: Ni no kuni :wiiu: Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8, Super Metroid :pc: Bioshock Infinite :3ds: Pokemon Y, Super Smash Bros :xb1: Destiny, Titanfall
3DS friend code: 5129-0757-6682 (PM me if you add me)

#1710 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

The wifey just got home with a iPad 2. Pretty fucking stoked right now. I've bought so many games that were a pain to play on my phone, it'll be nice to finally play them!

Way jealous, would love to be hittin' up Vice City on one of those right now! The graphics look great.