Photo
- - - - -

Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4193 replies to this topic

#1711 io

io

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

Bal-ders gate! Bal-ders gate! Balders gate! Balders gate!

Is it on sale or something, or just new? I saw that while I browsing the app store earlier and it is $10 which is about $9 more than I like to spend ;).

#1712 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

Is it on sale or something, or just new? I saw that while I browsing the app store earlier and it is $10 which is about $9 more than I like to spend ;).

New, and worth every penny. Do eeeeet!

#1713 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

Puzzle Quest 2 (Universal) has FINALLY dropped in price to $1.99, which is the lowest it's ever been in iOS format. I've heard mixed things about how the iOS version fares, but I think I'm still gonna try it out.

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#1714 NaiveCynic

NaiveCynic

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

Bal-ders gate! Bal-ders gate! Balders gate! Balders gate!

I'd love to pick it up, but I don't have an iPad and won't get one until they release an iPad mini with retina display. I'd get it for PC, but I don't like the fact that the developer is using their own proprietary portal instead of Steam. They could at least offer a DRM free version.

Well, maybe next year when Apple releases the inevitable next-gen iPad mini...

#1715 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

I was really looking forward to World Fighter, now called Writer Rumble when I first saw it like two years ago, but after playing the game for a bit I'm just not feeling it. it doesn't do much different than other boggle word games on ios. And you cant tap letters, you have to drag. This sucks since putting in non-words is a penalty and sometimes you want to back up or not put the word at all. Makes it hard to do so when you drag around the screen.

For $0.99 its a great time waster on the bus or waiting for your to go order. The multiplayer is sort of fun, but you need to play with someone who is equally skilled or it is boring. Played with my gf, not that she cant spell, but she is just slow thinking with games like this. So she may end up with longer words, but I just destroy her with all the 3 and 4 letter words I get out.

Also if you want the Baldur's Gate remake, get it on PC. I bet it will be on sale soon at some point anyways. I cant imagine playing a game of that length on a touch device.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#1716 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

See, I'm the opposite. 10 is half the price of the DRM'd PC copy. And honestly, they should give me a discount with a pic of me holding all the original disks for the entire BG/IWD/NWN series'.

I've been waiting and drooling for this. So much so that I updated to iOS6 for it. I have no idea how good it is yet but the initial reviews say it is well done on the touch screen.

As is, I'm dreaming of the iOS of FTL. If that happens... I dunno. I'll be a little apple mind slave cause my fav games will be apple (except Skyrim, but what can you do there)

#1717 Multicron

Multicron

Extreme OCD Victim

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

So I played about 45 minutes of the Final Fantasy Dimensions prologue, and I can't really make up my mind about getting the game. Why on earth didn't they put some of the job system into the demo?

#1718 BigPoppa99

BigPoppa99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

See, I'm the opposite. 10 is half the price of the DRM'd PC copy. And honestly, they should give me a discount with a pic of me holding all the original disks for the entire BG/IWD/NWN series'.

I've been waiting and drooling for this. So much so that I updated to iOS6 for it. I have no idea how good it is yet but the initial reviews say it is well done on the touch screen.

As is, I'm dreaming of the iOS of FTL. If that happens... I dunno. I'll be a little apple mind slave cause my fav games will be apple (except Skyrim, but what can you do there)

BG on ipad comes out to the same price as the pc version when you buy the iap packs. The pc version already comes with them

#1719 daminion

daminion

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

Found an extra
Sonic the hedgehog 4 Episode II
9YJ7A3NT9HRM

#1720 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

hmm. is the PSP version of FF3 better than iOS?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#1721 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

Tempted to pick that up since I never played it before. Not sure how I missed it the first time, think I was too preoccupied with FF7 on my PS1. (Damn I'm getting old)

Oh... me neither... and I have the cereal box version and from GOG. It should be easier to get a game going on an iPad.

#1722 Angelwatch

Angelwatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

I can't speak for the PSP version, but I bought FF3 for my iPad (3rd Generation) and it's VERY good on iOS. It's not cheap but I was surprised at how well done the game is on an iDevice.

#1723 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Wonderputt is free today. iPad 2 & above only. (this is why it's on my wishlist - I only had an iPad 1!)

AppShopper: http://appshopper.com/games/wonderputt

I'll be "purchasing" so I have it when I get an iPad again.

#1724 Ginger Junk

Ginger Junk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Wonderputt was on my wish list so I'm glad to see it went free. I played a few holes and so far it's a really fun game.

#1725 Bryson

Bryson

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

I was interested to know this too so I did some google-fu. The PSP version seems to have some improvements but is also more expensive. Also the iOS version appears to be a direct port of the nintendo DS version.

-The PSP port will feature enhanced graphics
-a new option to complete the game using the original Famicom music.
-an image gallery
-and an auto battle feature that speeds up combat.

#1726 Ginger Junk

Ginger Junk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hungry Shark Evolution is free for the first time.

http://appshopper.co...shark-evolution

I haven't played it yet, but it looks good.

#1727 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Hungry Shark Evolution is free for the first time.

Lol, the fifth preview screen has a submarine in it with the official badge and colors of an Italian football team, A.S. Roma!
I wonder why... maybe developers are from Liverpool? :lol:

Posted Image

Anyway, is there anybody who tried Royal Revolt!? It's a freemium tower "offense" game which seems quite competent, but I don't know how much IAPs dependent it is...
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#1728 flyersfan8

flyersfan8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Free Tiger woods 12 for IOS Today only till 1 million downloads
https://twcg.sn.eamo...HolidayPlaylist

#1729 ilikegames

ilikegames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

Free Tiger woods 12 for IOS Today only till 1 million downloads
https://twcg.sn.eamo...HolidayPlaylist

Thanks!! Was able to snag a code.

#1730 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

Bombshells is a great flight sim marred the fact that it's F2P and milking that for every penny. What a shame.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1731 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

Warlords Classic HD for iPad has gone free for today only.
Posted Image

#1732 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

OMG OMG
Posted Image
I remember spending hours back when it first came out on PC

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#1733 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

Damn requires iOS 6.0, might have to download on the computer for if I ever upgrade. Thanks

#1734 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

Blocks cometh free
http://appshopper.co...meth-by-halfbot

The curse free
http://appshopper.com/games/the-curse
I bought this one for $1 but still haven't played it. :-(

#1735 spedmunki

spedmunki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

God dang Puzzle Craft is addictive!

#1736 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Not seeing much talk about it here but is baldurs gate worth the $10 tag? I'm interested in playing it (never played it back in the day) but not sure if I want to pay that much for a iPad game.

#1737 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Not seeing much talk about it here but is baldurs gate worth the $10 tag?

The short answer to this is yes. The game is worth every penny. A classic RPG which every gamer should play at least once.

However,

I'm interested in playing it (never played it back in the day) but not sure if I want to pay that much for a iPad game.

I for one refuse to pay that much for an iPad game. You can always buy the PC version on sale for less.
Xecutioner
CML

#1738 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Still struggling to find a game that I absolutely love on a mobile platform. I know most great games are not free, and any that are require a lot of payment/time.

Hoping to find a game in the $3-5 range that I really love soon (or there will be some great christmas freebies!)

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#1739 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

The short answer to this is yes. The game is worth every penny. A classic RPG which every gamer should play at least once.

However, I for one refuse to pay that much for an iPad game. You can always buy the PC version on sale for less.

Actually, go read the forums on TouchArcade about the game and there's control issues. I was seriously excited until I saw all the issues (regarding magic or doors or the like...)

#1740 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

However, I for one refuse to pay that much for an iPad game. You can always buy the PC version on sale for less.

I'd love to get it in the pc but our pc is seriously dated. I can't really even play those stupid Facebook games on it. Guess I may try and hold out for some kind of sale. Thanks for the reply.

Can anyone give any recommendations for a good iPad RPG? I already have bastion, final fantasy & the zenonia games. (I don't really consider bastion a RPG though)