Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4193 replies to this topic

#1861 DaFees

DaFees

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

RWK feels like BoI. The barest minimum was provided for it to be called a game.

Almost bought the Carcassonne expansion but then I realized this version doesn't have pigs. Which set had the pigs?

Ill stick with the PC version I think.

Ok I will field this one. The Carcassonne app for $9.99 includes the base game only. Now for $0.99 and $1.99 you can get the River tiles expansion and the Inns & Cathedrals expansion (respectively). The expansion which you are thinking of, that includes the pigs, Builders & Traders is not quite yet out. However the developers have said this will be their next expansion and that the update to include this expansion has been submitted to Apple for review and should be available very soon, by Monday even, if we are lucky.

I do not know if you ever tried either of two expansions that are available now but if you haven't then I highly recommend you do. Yes the River expansion only adds about 12 tiles which must be played at the beginning of the game and that's it but for $0.99 having extra tiles to play with isn't that bad. The Inns & Cathedrals expansion however adds a fair bit depth and strategy to the game by way of the double follower (a follower that counts for two instead of one), Inns (which double the value of completed roads and makes incomplete roads worthless), and Cathedrals (which double the value of completed cities and makes incomplete cities worthless).

I <3 :br:, my :ps3:, and my 46" Samsung HDTV
I am :error:

#1862 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:05 AM

Is it worth buying Rio and Seasons if you have the original? Star Wars and Space are different enough so I will purchase them.

I don't have Rio, but Seasons is nice enough. Yeah, it's more of the same, but if you've played the other levels to death and are looking for some new content then it should fit the bill. Right now Rovio is adding a new level per day in countdown to Christmas 2012.

76561197971332172.png

#1863 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

Just gonna ask since I'll get the most response from this thread: Any iPad 3 owners that upgraded to 4? And was it worth it?

I've been putting a little money aside from a few resells of old ipads, and stockpiling a bit of credit to Walmart and BBY to get myself the 4, but not if it isn't that great of an upgrade. I just bought a 3 off craigslist but was unaware it didn't have the new chip, so i sold it for what I paid for it;; i had a lot of fun with the 3, but I knew it was about to become outdated.

Just trying to also find the best deal...I've got $106 in BBY credit and $57 in Walmart credit...one of them I'll probably just use the credit to get a nice case..
Posted Image

#1864 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Just gonna ask since I'll get the most response from this thread: Any iPad 3 owners that upgraded to 4? And was it worth it?

I've been putting a little money aside from a few resells of old ipads, and stockpiling a bit of credit to Walmart and BBY to get myself the 4, but not if it isn't that great of an upgrade. I just bought a 3 off craigslist but was unaware it didn't have the new chip, so i sold it for what I paid for it;; i had a lot of fun with the 3, but I knew it was about to become outdated.

Just trying to also find the best deal...I've got $106 in BBY credit and $57 in Walmart credit...one of them I'll probably just use the credit to get a nice case..

I have an iPad 3 and my mom has a 4. I really don't notice a difference at all. Might be a tiny bit faster and of course, you've got the HD front facing camera. As more apps take advantage of the chip and new OSes strain what it can do, you'll probably see games running better on it but just for normal apps, it's not going to provide any difference. Better off waiting a few more generations especially since we'll probably see a Mini-like form factor in the next year or so (thinner, more colors to choose from, etc.)
Posted Image

#1865 callmesteam

callmesteam

I'm just a dead man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Is it worth buying Rio and Seasons if you have the original? Star Wars and Space are different enough so I will purchase them.

In my opinion, Rio was the best version before Star Wars was released. I think they took a lot of ideas from Rio and added them to updates for the other games in the series though.
Posted Image

#1866 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

A Charlie Brown Christmas

Spoiler

#1867 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

Thanks. Used 49KL...

#1868 Lukami

Lukami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

Used WPLWER...., thank you!!
まだまだだね。

#1869 kramer0731

kramer0731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

Thank you. Used 3HJ37 (bottom right).

Happy holidays everyone!
My guide trade list can be found here:

http://www.cheapassg...5&postcount=136

#1870 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Thanks! Used WYF4N!

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#1871 Tronny

Tronny

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Used LTN7...
Thanks a ton!

#1872 geekpimpfx

geekpimpfx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Thanks, used he46y...

#1873 jojoschump2000

jojoschump2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Used j7mn lower left - thank ou and Merry Christmas!

#1874 Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Got 46KKE! Thank you!

#1875 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Real Steel has dropped to free.
http://appshopper.com/games/real-steel

#1876 muscles_soccer

muscles_soccer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Thank you! I used the MJKNH code. Have yourself a Merry Christmas!

#1877 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Thanks used 4ml

#1878 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Damn....I would love to get one of those Charlie Brown Christmas codes...my wife LOVES that movie. If any CAG can help me out I'll throw them some Club Nintendo codes.

#1879 Qwinn3

Qwinn3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Thanks for the code. My kid loves it!

#1880 Zeeb

Zeeb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

Thank you. Used 3HJ37 (bottom right).

Happy holidays everyone!

Not a happy holiday for the Starbucks patrons who would have had a code themselves except for the fact it was stolen by the guy above.

A waste of time for most of the readers of this thread as they scroll by off-topic messages that set a bad example for the weak minded mendicants out there.

But yes, happy holidays, sunshine.

#1881 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:05 AM

Not a happy holiday for the Starbucks patrons who would have had a code themselves except for the fact it was stolen by the guy above.

A waste of time for most of the readers of this thread as they scroll by off-topic messages that set a bad example for the weak minded mendicants out there.

Thank you for your trolling. At least he was helping others, instead of your useless scrooge message.
Glad you want to be 'El Zorro' or <insert your hero here> for all Starbucks patrons. What would we do without you?
Go away!

Edited by dragonjud, 17 December 2012 - 03:16 AM.

#1882 icedout297

icedout297

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

Thank you for your trolling. At least he was helping others, instead of your useless scrooge message.
Glad you want to be 'El Zorro' or <insert your hero here> for all Starbucks patrons. What would we do without you?
Go away!

You'll soon realize that not a single person here likes that guy and we all generally ignore everything he has to say.

#1883 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

ORC: vengeance just went free

https://itunes.apple...d507067914?mt=8

#1884 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

It's not like Starbucks patrons are hurting for money anyway :)
Posted Image

#1885 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

ORC: vengeance just went free

https://itunes.apple...d507067914?mt=8

YES! I almost bought it the last time it was on sale. :D

#1886 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

I have an iPad 3 and my mom has a 4. I really don't notice a difference at all. Might be a tiny bit faster and of course, you've got the HD front facing camera. As more apps take advantage of the chip and new OSes strain what it can do, you'll probably see games running better on it but just for normal apps, it's not going to provide any difference. Better off waiting a few more generations especially since we'll probably see a Mini-like form factor in the next year or so (thinner, more colors to choose from, etc.)

Oh okay...well I def want an ipad to take advantage of the games I felt were too small on my iPhone. And I know the bigger app makers will be releasing their hot games more suited for the AX6.

Mostly though...I'll be using it as a "computer"; web browsing, Facebooking, blogging, Pages app and the like. And to watch all my iTunes and UV movies.
Posted Image

#1887 LimeWire

LimeWire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

NBA 2k13 is now $2.99 ,but i heard it crashes a lot.

#1888 Zeeb

Zeeb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

You'll soon realize that not a single person here likes that guy and we all generally ignore everything he has to say.

You stick to making incorrect generalizations and I'll continue to state the truth.

Deal?

#1889 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

Borderlands Legends HD now $0.99

http://appshopper.co...ands-legends-hd

#1890 joker______

joker______

Careful...Icarus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

Is Sid Meiers Pirates worth it on iPhone?
Posted Image