4193 replies to this topic

#181 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

Pocket Zoo HD is also free today:

http://appshopper.co...ive-animal-cams

What a ridiculously great app, thanks. I'm an Android user but shit the iPad gets all the good stuff. I own an iPad as well so don't shoot the messenger lol. :)

#182 icedout297

icedout297

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

Okay I was concerned about that, there are alot of reviewers complaining about the ads after the latest update to the app.

Yeah, it's not during gameplay. People are complaining because it's a paid game. It shouldn't have ads, but oh well...

#183 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:52 PM

I picked up the new puzzler "10000000" last night based on the glowing 5 star review of it on toucharcade and damn is it good. Its puzzle mechanic is similar to chuzzle and it mixes in RPG/ endless runner mechanics. As the review talks about, anyone who liked dungeon raid should love this game. This game represents everything that is good about the app store and I cannot recommend it highly enough to anyone with even a passing interest in match 3s.

http://toucharcade.c...0000000-review/

http://appshopper.com/games/10000000-2

Thanks for the recommendation! I love Dungeon Raid so I read the review on TA and bought it instantly.

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#184 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Vampire Slasher is free for today.
http://appshopper.co...vampire-slasher
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#185 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

around the world in 80 days premium (hd, at least) is free.

solid match 3. make sure you get the 'premium' version.

#186 Ginger Junk

Ginger Junk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Well, I am downloading this right now, however the description in itunes mentions a $4.99 full game unlock under In App Purchases. And this is on the version named Premium.

#187 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

Another Playtrix bait and switch deal. List premium version as free then include In App Purchase for "unlock" at low price of $4.99. What a waste of time. Last time I bite on a playtrix "free" premium version.

#188 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

NO, both are free. download the one without the unlock. It's free. been playing it off and on all day. no IAP.

EDIT -- wait, just went to the store again. now the premium shows iap? mine didn't, i got it like 3 hours ago and there wasn't even 'most bought IAP' listed in the store, now there is.

mine was free and fully unlocked, not sure what's going on.

even my app says "80 days full" as its title.

EDIT -- screw them, you're right. it showed as 'full' with no iap, even when i downloaded it. just got to stage 2, and after a mission or two it dropped the pay us bomb.

Delete, sorry for the false alert.

Edited by affa, 28 July 2012 - 10:25 PM.

#189 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

NO, both are free. download the one without the unlock. It's free. been playing it off and on all day. no IAP.

EDIT -- wait, just went to the store again. now the premium shows iap? mine didn't, i got it like 3 hours ago and there wasn't even 'most bought IAP' listed in the store, now there is.

mine was free and fully unlocked, not sure what's going on.

even my app says "80 days full" as its title.

EDIT -- screw them, you're right. it showed as 'full' with no iap, even when i downloaded it. just got to stage 2, and after a mission or two it dropped the pay us bomb.

Delete, sorry for the false alert.

It's not your fault. Blame Playtrix. This isn't the first time CAG has posted a freebie out of them only to be locked down with an IAP. Fishdom comes to mind.

#190 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:54 PM

Someone posted the trick on how to reinstall Fishdom and make it free again. Basically you install the game turn off wifi, start the game and wait for the message that Fishdom can't connect to the internet. Force Close the app and turn on wifi again, then restart the game. I wonder if this will work for other similar type games? :bouncy:

#191 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:54 AM

Thanks for the recommendation! I love Dungeon Raid so I read the review on TA and bought it instantly.

I picked up the new puzzler "10000000" last night based on the glowing 5 star review of it on toucharcade and damn is it good. Its puzzle mechanic is similar to chuzzle and it mixes in RPG/ endless runner mechanics. As the review talks about, anyone who liked dungeon raid should love this game. This game represents everything that is good about the app store and I cannot recommend it highly enough to anyone with even a passing interest in match 3s.

http://toucharcade.c...0000000-review/

http://appshopper.com/games/10000000-2

Damn both of you, I watched that TA review that suwillgetu mentioned and also had to buy it!

#192 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:53 AM

If you like dungeon crawlers get Orc: Vengance.

seanr1221.png

#193 Splines

Splines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:40 AM

If you like dungeon crawlers get Orc: Vengance.

Looks cool, and I like Chillingo, but the whole IAP gold thing is such a turn off.

#194 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:08 AM

Damn both of you, I watched that TA review that suwillgetu mentioned and also had to buy it!

Hahaha it's amazing, right? It's so addicting.

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#195 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

Looks cool, and I like Chillingo, but the whole IAP gold thing is such a turn off.

Word is you really don't need to touch IAP to complete the game.

seanr1221.png

#196 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

It's there, just don't buy it. IAPs and DLCs are the thing now these days.

#197 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

Thanks Seanr for recommending Orc: Vengences, best dungeon crawler on iOS. Deep loot system, controls work great, lvl up attribute customization. Excellent game all around. I'm on Act 2, and never touched IAPs, btw you pick up so much extra loot/armor/weapons that u sell to the vendor anyways, so I can't imagine needing to buy gold.

Now for 100000000 matching game, holy shit this game is addicting, combines all the fine qualities of unlimited runners, match games, and RPG's. I love upgrading the different rooms (blacksmith, armor smith, etc) that upgrades your equipment and unlock special traits for your character.
Posted Image

#198 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

Hahaha it's amazing, right? It's so addicting.

You've got that right, it's SOOO addicting it's not funny. Highly, highly, HIGHLY recommended!!

#199 Captain Wrong

Captain Wrong

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

Did anyone mention the gift card sale at Target yet? Well, there is one. I picked up a $100 GC for $85. Should hold me for a while.

#200 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

Did anyone mention the gift card sale at Target yet? Well, there is one. I picked up a $100 GC for $85. Should hold me for a while.

No. Is it itunes cards or Target gift cards which you can buy itunes cards with?

#201 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

It's the iTunes cards themselves. I was just coming on here to post this for the person that asked a couple of days back.
Posted Image

#202 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

Another rec for 10000000. Awesome for match 3 puzzle fans, especially if you liked Puzzle Quest.

-Update-
Just earned my freedom. Took 3.75 hrs. Endless mode unlocks when freed so you can continue playing without having to get all upgrades again.

Edited by lilman, 31 July 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#203 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:53 AM

Any thoughts on castlevania puzzle?

#204 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

Another rec for 10000000. Awesome for match 3 puzzle fans, especially if you liked Puzzle Quest.

-Update-
Just earned my freedom. Took 3.75 hrs. Endless mode unlocks when freed so you can continue playing without having to get all upgrades again.

Got stuck in my game--I maxed out all of my rooms and upgrades, and needed more wood to upgrade the trainer, but whenever I did a dungeon and matched wood and stone my counters never incremented...

#205 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:30 AM

Any thoughts on castlevania puzzle?

I really enjoyed it. The Castlevania feel is definitely there: exploration, story, music, visual art style, and so on.

It's not a particularly outstanding puzzle game, but I would say it's easily worth a buck or two.

#206 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

I really enjoyed it. The Castlevania feel is definitely there: exploration, story, music, visual art style, and so on.

It's not a particularly outstanding puzzle game, but I would say it's easily worth a buck or two.

thanks. I might pick it up.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#207 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

I got Spellsword for free a while back and I must say, this game is quite addicting. Well, at least once you get used to the controls on an iPhone's small screen. I would love to play this on an iPad. Maybe one day....
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#208 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

whenever I did a dungeon and matched wood and stone my counters never incremented...

Did you check if any of the potions are activated (lower-left room)? Some of them prevent you from getting wood and stone.

#209 guessed

guessed

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

Dead Trigger just went free
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#210 Computersnacks

Computersnacks

All Snack Everything!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

Thanks for the heads up!

Dead Trigger just went free