Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4193 replies to this topic

#211 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

Did you check if any of the potions are activated (lower-left room)? Some of them prevent you from getting wood and stone.

No, I didn't, and I can't remember which one I had activated but that may have been it, thanks!! I just started my game over thinking it may have been a bug but if it happens again I'll definitely check that. It's such a good game I actually don't mind redoing the progress I had made!

#212 guessed

guessed

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Dead Trigger just went free

Thanks for the heads up!

Was reading reviews, apparently IAP ruins the game for a lot of people. Still worth a try, though.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#213 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

For those CAG amazon prime members, amazon just released an iPad app that lets you watch their instant video collection on the iPad.
I was looking for a website for ass gaming, but I found this one instead.

#214 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

http://itunes.apple....19333?ls=1&mt=8

Thanks for the heads up ijustw1n

#215 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

For those CAG amazon prime members, amazon just released an iPad app that lets you watch their instant video collection on the iPad.

Thanks for the heads up.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#216 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

Dead Trigger just went free

I believe it just went 'freemium'.

#217 guessed

guessed

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

I believe it just went 'freemium'.

I did post a follow up mentioning the IAP, which apparently was there even when the game cost 99 cents. I don't know if it is now full-on "freemium", or if it is just on sale for free for a limited time.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#218 awp

awp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

I did post a follow up mentioning the IAP, which apparently was there even when the game cost 99 cents. I don't know if it is now full-on "freemium", or if it is just on sale for free for a limited time.

My understanding is that it is going permanently freemium. So, no need to rush to get it. It's not a "deep" game but fun for mindless zombie slaughtering. And you can get by without IAPs.

#219 Slayerfaith1982

Slayerfaith1982

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

FYI for those like myself waiting on Square games to go on sale:

For iPad
Chaos rings on sale for $4.99 (down from $16)
Chaos rings Omega for $5.99 (down from $15)
Chaos rings 2 for $13.99 (down from $20)

I think I'm gonna pick up all 3 of these

For anyone interested in these I just beat the first game, Chaos Rings. It does get a bit repetitive but I would still recommend to square enix JRPG fans for $5. Looks like you can replay it with 4 different characters to unlock new side stories and plots. I just beat it last night with 1 set of characters and my total play time was about 6 hours. So if you do replay on New Game + mode with different main characters you are looking at a decent value for your $$$.

#220 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

My understanding is that it is going permanently freemium. So, no need to rush to get it. It's not a "deep" game but fun for mindless zombie slaughtering. And you can get by without IAPs.

I read all the recent reviews after the recent update and no one mentioned IAP. :bouncy:

#221 cleaver

cleaver

You have 0 friends

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:19 PM

iBlast Moki went free for the first time.
Anyone play Justice League yet?
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#222 guessed

guessed

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

It is iBlast Moki HD (universal) that has just gone free for the first time. iBlast Moki has been free several times, but is currently $2.99.

#223 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:47 AM

Got an email from Namco that Doodle Fit 2 will be free for 24 hours starting midnight tonight. Looks good.
http://appshopper.co...round-the-world

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#224 Owen

Owen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

What a random company for DC to use for that game going by all their other releases.

#225 brkptr

brkptr

This was a triumph

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

Just saw that Box Cat went free (down from $2.99). I haven't played it, but it was on my wishlist so I must have heard something good about it at some point.
Posted Image

#226 Polaris1001

Polaris1001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

Sorry if this is not for here but didn't find another thread just for iTunes codes. I got a $10 iTunes code, selling it for $8 paypal.

Sold

Edited by Polaris1001, 02 August 2012 - 10:40 PM.

Posted Image

#227 fujishig

fujishig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

There's no way that JLA game is actually licensed by DC, is there? I mean the description itself seems like it was written by a Nigerian scammer.

Edited to add: After doing some research, I guess this game was advertised by DC on Facebook and Twitter. How in the world could they let one of their licensed games come out with a description like this?

#228 DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

Didn't see it mentioned but Infinity Blade 2 went on sale for $2.99

#229 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

Denon Audio app has gone free.
http://appshopper.co...sic/denon-audio

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#230 guessed

guessed

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

Shoot the Zombirds is free for a day. Haven't tried it yet, but Shoot the Birds is a decent time killer, and I assume this will be about the same with a different skin.

#231 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

Shoot the Zombirds is free for a day. Haven't tried it yet, but Shoot the Birds is a decent time killer, and I assume this will be about the same with a different skin.

It's gotten really good reviews and people seem to like it over the first game.

#232 lunker

lunker

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:39 AM

Don't think this got mentioned, but Total War Battles dropped to $1.99, down from $6.99. It's an RTS that plays a lot like the tower defense game Samurai Bloodshow, only with more actual RTS-ish elements like different resources and deeper combat mechanics and unit balance. I like it quite a bit so far; it has IAP, but I don't think it's egregious since you can also get extra experience through the campaign and skirmish modes.

#233 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:51 AM

Another world has finally hit $1. http://appshopper.co...0th-anniversary

Of course not worth it if the controls still suck... anyone have info?

#234 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:30 AM

Another world has finally hit $1. http://appshopper.co...0th-anniversary

Of course not worth it if the controls still suck... anyone have info?

Controls for the original game sucked, I can't imagine how much worse they can get.

#235 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

Just saw that Box Cat went free (down from $2.99). I haven't played it, but it was on my wishlist so I must have heard something good about it at some point.

It's been on my wish list as well. It's iCade compatable and seems to have good reviews. Thanks man.

#236 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

Ah, new thread. Tag.

#237 steamflower

steamflower

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hi friends. Infinity Blade II is $2.99 at the moment.

#238 Ginger Junk

Ginger Junk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

Pearl Heroes is free:

http://appshopper.co...-three-kingdoms
http://appshopper.co...pearl-heroes-hd

#239 mrsamsa

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

The denon audio app is great. Just setting it to Restorer makes a big difference.

#240 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

The denon audio app is great. Just setting it to Restorer makes a big difference.

I know right :D I just wish it had more preset settings but then that is what Manual setting is there for.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg