Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4193 replies to this topic

#2791 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hundreds is good, but it does get pretty frustrating. I stopped at level 40. But I will get back to it at some point.

That's what I say about most of the mobile games I play. Rarely get back to them!

#2792 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

I caved on the iPad version of Hundreds. I'm at level 16 or so and I like it so far. Very clever and worth $3 for sure. I mean, it's $3!! It's crazy how stingy we all are when it comes to buying iOS games... probably because of all of the shit but still.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#2793 3check

3check

World Builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

$1.99 is pricey to a CAG

#2794 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

https://itunes.apple...d547566699?mt=8 Infectonator is pretty fun, just went free

Thanks. I can't stop playing this. It's still free if anyone else is interested.

#2795 henryVIII

henryVIII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

Dungeon Story is free. Very addictive. DungeonRaid clone, but a good one.

http://appshopper.co...s/dungeon-story

Edited by henryVIII, 11 January 2013 - 03:20 AM.

#2796 pcktlnt

pcktlnt

(vD ' ' )vD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

Zenonia 5 (ios universal) - free rpg...I still need to play the first 4 I downloaded...
The Blockheads (ios universal) - Minecraft clone
Vikings vs Dragons (ios iphone) - looks like a castle defense type game
Take my Machete (ios iphone) - adventure/platformer?
Jump Birdy Jump HD (ios univesal) - slingshot puzzle game
Candyworld: Bites HD (ios ipad) - one review says similar to fruit ninja but you eat candy instead.
2014 Completed ... Games
2014 Spending ... Games ... Movies

#2797 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Looks like Bad Piggies HD just went down to 99 cents. I didn't really like this game, it's good but doesn't have that quick pick up and play factor that Angry Birds has, to me.

Thought I'd mention that I've switched from Appshopper to AppZapp for my price watching. The only problem is there's no website to interact with, you have to do everything in the app. Otherwise, I just like AppZapp better.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 11 January 2013 - 08:06 AM.

#2798 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

SnowJinks is FREE and is crazy fun. :bouncy:

http://www.appshoppe...games/snowjinks

#2799 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

I feel the same way about Bad Piggies, Solid-Snake-Eyes. What I like about Angry Birds is you can play it as leisurely as you like. And of course, the fun physics.

I love King's Bounty, and there's a free iPad version: King's Bounty: Legions. Of course you know what that means: IAP BS and annoying Facebook mechanics. But I still may try it out.
https://itunes.apple...d507975944?mt=8

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#2800 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

^Thanks guys was about to ask about Bad Piggies and now I'm off the fence.

#2801 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Bad piggies didn't hook me either. Played it for 30 minutes and haven't really touched it since.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#2802 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

I actually really enjoyed Bad Piggies. Interesting twist on the AB + puzzle thing.

#2803 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

I loved Bad Piggies. So much fun tinkering with ideas, and I feel there was more creativite thinking required for three-starring the levels compared to Angry Birds. Just like the other Rovio games, there's a free version you can download, so there really shouldn't be much fence-straddling required, give it a spin and see what you think.

#2804 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

I can see that Piggies is a good game, but I just wasn't motivated to retry the levels until I got it right. It's easier and quicker to retry and retry in Angry Birds. It shouldn't really be compared to angry birds in the first place, they're totally different games. I'm sure I'd have liked it better if I was in a different mood, maybe I'll try it again some time.

Liquidsketch is free https://itunes.apple...app/id544717096

#2805 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Zenonia 5 (ios universal) - free rpg...I still need to play the first 4 I downloaded...
The Blockheads (ios universal) - Minecraft clone
Vikings vs Dragons (ios iphone) - looks like a castle defense type game
Take my Machete (ios iphone) - adventure/platformer?
Jump Birdy Jump HD (ios univesal) - slingshot puzzle game
Candyworld: Bites HD (ios ipad) - one review says similar to fruit ninja but you eat candy instead.

Thanks, some cool stuff there.

#2806 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

If you like to retry and retry games, might I suggest Super Hexagon? You could play 20 times in a minute, easy.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#2807 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

If you like to retry and retry games, might I suggest Super Hexagon? You could play 20 times in a minute, easy.

Hah only when you're just starting! I would say 2-4 games per minute is more typical for me now. :-)

#2808 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

https://itunes.apple...574759891?mt=8'>Car Jack Streets: Directors Cut is free

#2809 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

I'm finding this game Dungelot is pretty cool, only tried the lite version so far, I think I'd buy it today if it was .99 but it's $1.99 and I'm a cheap ass. The price went up just today, guess I should have been paying attention.

#2810 JohnHarker

JohnHarker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

https://itunes.apple...574759891?mt=8'>Car Jack Streets: Directors Cut is free

Hey thanks, I'm downloading it now, looks fun!

#2811 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

I'm finding this game Dungelot is pretty cool, only tried the lite version so far, I think I'd buy it today if it was .99 but it's $1.99 and I'm a cheap ass. The price went up just today, guess I should have been paying attention.

Looks interesting, I'll bite for $1.99

#2812 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Looks interesting, I'll bite for $1.99

Played it for another hour or so, if this doesn't go down to .99 in the next few days I'll buy it for the 1.99, it's pretty neat. The graphics could be sharper on ipad, but it's alright. Edit: Just gave in and bought it.

This browser is free for now, this is the first browser that I've been able to get webcam sites to work with. No sound though and framerate is a bit low but bearable... it's better than nothing. Oh crap, it just told me sessions are limited to 30 min unless you upgrade to Pro for $20, which gives you a 2 hour session limit. The sound works on my 2nd session, hmm.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 14 January 2013 - 09:04 AM.

#2813 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

Nobody told me Cave released Bug Princess 2 Black Label as a separate app for boatloads of money. I'd have bought that for under $10.

Black Label is a different set of modes and patterns for BP2. If you've played every cookie cutter Cave shump up to this point, then you'll know that's enough to make it feel like a different game. If you haven't, then it is definitely a BETTER version of BP2, if only for the score system tweaks.

Wait a minute, you're playing Cave shumps on Iphone, you aren't playing for score.

Though it does have some woeful paid DLC bullcrap including that bizarre lockdown of the BP1-2 boss rush mode, pay for it or get it once per day for free if you have BP1 and BP2.

If you've seen that HARDEST SHUMP BOSS EVER!!!111 video, BP2 Black Label's hardest difficulty, beaten without touching a single boolet, unlocks THAT boss.

#2814 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Having a hard time understanding what you're talking about.

#2815 theblizzman

theblizzman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Another recommendation for Dungelot. Even at 1.99 this is great. I have not stopped playing this for the last two days. Really fun.

#2816 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Don't worry I understood you RS even though I'm not into cave shmups. :lol:

#2817 tangamer

tangamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Fractal Combat is free for the day, fighter sim and looks nice

#2818 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Fractal Combat is free for the day, fighter sim and looks nice

I got this a previous time it went free... I thought it was pretty crappy. According to the page, the sequel is free too: never played it but I'm not expecting much.

#2819 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

I ended up buying Dungelot (I downloaded the full version, rather than unlocking the free one). Fun game!

#2820 DaFees

DaFees

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Ok, I have a good question for everyone here; if you have the choice to buy the full version of an app or unlock the free version which do you choose to do and why? I only ask because don't you ever worry that one of the two might get more support than the other or that at any moment one could be removed while the other stays?

I <3 :br:, my :ps3:, and my 46" Samsung HDTV
I am :error: