• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4193 replies to this topic

#2851 vwbeetlvr

vwbeetlvr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

Temple Run 2

I know it's usually free but it is the hottest new release.

https://itunes.apple...d572395608?mt=8

538006.png

#2852 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

nope not Dungeon Story, the game has you matching swords, shields, potions, and gold like 3 in a row, sorta like Bejeweled. I believe its called Dungeon or something.

Dungeon Raid probably. Maybe 10000000.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#2853 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

nope not Dungeon Story, the game has you matching swords, shields, potions, and gold like 3 in a row, sorta like Bejeweled. I believe its called Dungeon or something.

Dungeon Raid

#2854 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

Cubed rally redline has dropped to free. https://itunes.apple...574202956?mt=8'>iTunes link

#2855 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

Dungeon Story has that matching 3 swords or hearts thing, just saying.

Real Racing 2 HD dropped from 6.99 to 1.99. It seems critically acclaimed but the sale history looks like they drop the price every couple of weeks, sometimes to 99 cents. I have NFS Most Wanted still to play so I'll hold off on this one.

#2856 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

Dungeon Raid probably. Maybe 10000000.

Yep that's the one
Posted Image

#2857 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

For the record, Stone Age is a fantastic board game and easily as exciting as Ascension for me.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2858 joker______

joker______

Careful...Icarus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Angry birds Rio is free
Posted Image

#2859 DaFees

DaFees

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Ok I just spent the last 2 hours playing Temple Run 2. At its core it is more of the same but with some new elements. The main new addition to the actual running is the mine carts which are a welcomed twist. That however is function as for visual a step up is quickly noticeable. What I'm trying to say here is that this game looks really great for what it is. I've only played it on my 4th gen iPad so I can't comment on how it looks on iPhone. Another thing I want to add is that in this game unlocking extra characters also unlocks other things as well unlike the first Temple Run.

If you liked Temple Run then you will love Temple Run 2 but if Temple run wasn't/isn't your thing then Temple Run 2 probably won't win you over. All I can say is that I was quite impressed with this sequel.

I <3 :br:, my :ps3:, and my 46" Samsung HDTV
I am :error:

#2860 jjz203

jjz203

$19.99 or le$$ plea$e!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Angry birds Rio is free

iPhone/iPod touch version
https://itunes.apple...d420635506?mt=8

iPad version
https://itunes.apple...d420636551?mt=8
:dunce: *~Don't argue with dumb people, they only bring you down to their level of logic and beat you senseless with their expertise~* :dunce:

(referring to BB) ...I feel like I'm robbing them blind. There is NO WAY they're making any money off of me.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

#2861 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Thanks for the heads up on Rio. Downloading now.

#2862 jjz203

jjz203

$19.99 or le$$ plea$e!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Ok I just spent the last 2 hours playing Temple Run 2. At its core it is more of the same but with some new elements. The main new addition to the actual running is the mine carts which are a welcomed twist. That however is function as for visual a step up is quickly noticeable. What I'm trying to say here is that this game looks really great for what it is. I've only played it on my 4th gen iPad so I can't comment on how it looks on iPhone. Another thing I want to add is that in this game unlocking extra characters also unlocks other things as well unlike the first Temple Run.

If you liked Temple Run then you will love Temple Run 2 but if Temple run wasn't/isn't your thing then Temple Run 2 probably won't win you over. All I can say is that I was quite impressed with this sequel.

After an hour of non-stop playing, I think Temple Run 2 is definintely a fun game, just as fun as the first. But my only gripe that the updated nicer graphics makes the game harder than the first game because things get a little blurred when you start running faster. I also dislike the fact that ALL the collectabel powerups coins are available from the start. I liked the first game where I could choose which ones to unlock and make available during the runs. I always went with the coin magnet only to speed up my initial coin collecting so I could unlock more, faster. Other than that, definitely a fun upgrade from the first game, although I don't see where you can unlock the first game from within the second. I'm tempted to delete the first one from my iPhone but I don't want to lose all my progress (everything is unlocked with about 30k in coins banked in case of an update with new unlockables :razz: )
:dunce: *~Don't argue with dumb people, they only bring you down to their level of logic and beat you senseless with their expertise~* :dunce:

(referring to BB) ...I feel like I'm robbing them blind. There is NO WAY they're making any money off of me.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

#2863 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Grabbed Angry Birds Rio for both. Put Stone Age The Board Game on my watch list. Not so much for price drop, but so I get notified when the Universal update is out. Then I'll buy.

http://appshopper.co...-the-board-game

I also bought Infestor, the new game by the League of Evil folks (and looks a lot better than their other games since LoE. Also downloaded Temple Run 2. I have not tried either yet.

http://appshopper.com/games/infestor

Crunchewy.png

#2864 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Riven $4.99 -> $3.99 (the cheapest it's been in 2 years)
http://appshopper.co...-sequel-to-myst

They also came out with an iPad version too for $5.99
http://appshopper.co.../riven-for-ipad

#2865 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Infestor starts off slowly, then I got to one I'm not sure how to complete. I set it aside for the time being. It's not too bad, but I don't yet see genius in it. Maybe once I figure that one out....

Temple Run 2. It's more of the same, with improvements. I'm sure I'll play it, but in a way the magic is gone. Still, it's free and well done, so I can't see not downloading it if you liked the original.

Crunchewy.png

#2866 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Bought all the Angry Birds for iphone and once I got my ipad I was depressed I`d have to pay another $3 for each of em but so far I`ve gotten Seasons and Rio free as weekly games, not too bad. I was actually really impressed with how good iphone games look on ipad.

#2867 3check

3check

World Builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

Thunder Tank 2 went FREE - looks like a twin stick Master Blaster so I'm in
(Let me know if posting without links is even worth it guys)

#2868 tangamer

tangamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

Youda Survivor HD (Full) just became free , 4.5 stars. AppShopper still shows $4.99

iPhone version is also free
Youda Survivor (Full)

#2869 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

linked for above. Looks like that 360 XBLA game that's name escapes my mind.. It's free so grabbed it.

http://appshopper.co.../thunder-tank-2
"Fun Game ever! chanllge youself" -last pic

Thanks for Rio heads up grabbed both versions for kicks but deleted iPad right away for space lol. I still haven't finished the original or Star Wars now have this and seasons from it's freebie days, Angry Birds lifetime supply. Probably gonna grab that Youda as well although it'll just go in my clutter page for awhile. :)

#2870 guessed

guessed

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

Looks like all Playdek games are on sale for 99 cents, including Penny Arcade Gamers vs. Evil, Food Fight, and Nightfall. Has anyone played the Penny Arcade one? Any good?
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#2871 3check

3check

World Builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

Looks like all Playdek games are on sale for 99 cents, including Penny Arcade Gamers vs. Evil, Food Fight, and Nightfall.

Thanks. Grabbed FLUXX just because I have heard so much about the actual physical card version being good.

Anyone have an opinion on Penny Arcade or Nightfall? I'm into monsters so thinking bout burning some credit on Nightfall...

#2872 Miguel_Zorro

Miguel_Zorro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

Hey guys,

Long time PS3 gamer and CAG member here. I'm new to the iPad world. Just found this thread and wanted to say hello.

#2873 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Hey guys,

Long time PS3 gamer and CAG member here. I'm new to the iPad world. Just found this thread and wanted to say hello.

Posted Image

#2874 3check

3check

World Builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

Picked up Penny Arcade Gamers vs Evil.
I don't play too many build your deck games but I really enjoyed the first round tutorial. Seems like solid game mechanics and a plus for humor.
I just threw on a podcast and played a round - could see making a habit of these things, might pick up Nightfall and Food Fight as well now

#2875 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

Apologies if this was already posted. Demons' Score $0.99 originally $6.99 until January 31st. There are also price drops on the in-game demons.

#2876 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

Apologies if this was already posted. Demons' Score $0.99 originally $6.99 until January 31st. There are also price drops on the in-game demons.

Thanks

https://itunes.apple...d532473429?mt=8

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#2877 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

Is there a game on the App Store that is remotely close to what the YuGiOh or Pokemon TCG was like, that you DON'T have to invest money in really?

A lot of the TCG I'm seeing seem too difficult to grasp, and I can't get a good representation off reviews because everyone and their mom posts their friggen referral codes and its trashin up the review feed.
Posted Image

#2878 isaac

isaac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

Thanks. Grabbed FLUXX just because I have heard so much about the actual physical card version being good.

Anyone have an opinion on Penny Arcade or Nightfall? I'm into monsters so thinking bout burning some credit on Nightfall...

Nightfall is great, but I found it really complex and it takes some time to get into.

Penny Arcade is good. A pretty straightforward deck building game, easy to understand and has some nice bits of humor, and overall feels like a simpler version of Dominion. Still prefer Ascension over it after a couple of plays.

Also, as it wasn't mentioned and might be missed, iAP for Playdek games are also on sale. This means that the bundle to unlock everything in Summoner Wars (great game. Simplest comparison would be deck building like Magic: The Gathering meets turn-based strategy like risk) is only 99 cents, which I think it normally costs 7.99. The game's free to try and would recommend checking it out.

Edit: I used "great" way too much. Eesh.

Edited by isaac, 18 January 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#2879 XClaude

XClaude

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Is there a game on the App Store that is remotely close to what the YuGiOh or Pokemon TCG was like, that you DON'T have to invest money in really?

A lot of the TCG I'm seeing seem too difficult to grasp, and I can't get a good representation off reviews because everyone and their mom posts their friggen referral codes and its trashin up the review feed.

You might want to give Shadow Era a try. Last I tried, I had great fun w/out paying a dime. The game is free with paid booster packs etc. I recall being able to gain credits as u play and buy those packs with in game credits.

#2880 tenchim86

tenchim86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Looks like all Playdek games are on sale for 99 cents, including Penny Arcade Gamers vs. Evil, Food Fight, and Nightfall. Has anyone played the Penny Arcade one? Any good?

Summoner Wars is also on sale. The base game is free for 1 faction. You can unlock everything (8 factions in all) via IAP for $0.99. It's usually $8.99 I think. It's an awesome card/strategy game. I highly recommend it.

I like fluxx in real life, but the ios version is weird to play.

I'd also recommend buying ascension and it's expansions. It's a very good deck building card game.