Photo
- - - - -

Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4193 replies to this topic

#2911 lilman

lilman

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

I'm gonna have to call foul on finishing all the content in under 30 minutes. Maybe you finished easy mode in 30 minutes, but normal and hard mode have additional stages and hard mode is a lot more difficult. It's a pretty decent value at $0.99, though the IAP isn't really worth it.

You're right. I thought I had finished the content when it first asked me for IAP, but you get to continue fighting bosses even if you can't unlock them. You are stuck playing the same two songs for non-boss levels since the levels leading to boss fights are based on your character. For $.99 it's not bad. The way they require IAP to unlock demons you have already defeated is horrible business, so I'm not giving them any more money.

Totally agree about the voice thing though.

I just stick with the original character. Her stats are lower, but it's better than man voice :/

#2912 guessed

guessed

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

teslas electric mist has dropped to free. I came really close to buying on sale for 99 cents a couple of times. Glad I waited.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#2913 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

teslas electric mist has dropped to free. I came really close to buying on sale for 99 cents a couple of times. Glad I waited.

Cool. Thanks for mentioning this. I'm a sucker for adventure games.

#2914 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

So dungelot dropped to $1. I investigated further, and the reviews say it's not sized for iPhone 5 despite the info saying it is? And they also say no retina? Can anyone confirm?

I thought about getting it for my newish ipAd mini, but it looks like more of an iPhone game.

Feedback is appreciated since several of you have been playing it.

#2915 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

So dungelot dropped to $1. I investigated further, and the reviews say it's not sized for iPhone 5 despite the info saying it is? And they also say no retina? Can anyone confirm?

I thought about getting it for my newish ipAd mini, but it looks like more of an iPhone game.

Main menu wasn't iPhone 5 optimized, but when you get into the actual game it is. Can't tell about retina with pixely graphics.

#2916 theblizzman

theblizzman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Bought this a week ago and it is great. On the toucharcade forums the developer is very active and mentioned that in the next update he will add retina and a lot of new content. Highly suggest.

#2917 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Main menu wasn't iPhone 5 optimized, but when you get into the actual game it is. Can't tell about retina with pixely graphics.

Bought this a week ago and it is great. On the toucharcade forums the developer is very active and mentioned that in the next update he will add retina and a lot of new content. Highly suggest.

Ok buying. Thanks... good to hear the dev is paying attention on TA

#2918 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Free

https://itunes.apple...537251466?mt=8'>Pilot's Path

https://itunes.apple...505799171?mt=8'>Task

https://itunes.apple...492815196?mt=8'>FLUXE

https://itunes.apple...531237669?mt=8'>Whakan

#2919 lilman

lilman

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

The actual game isn't really iPhone 5 either. It just has a dungeon-like border graphic to replace the top and bottom black bars, as opposed to utilizing the extra space for game content.

I want dungeon save feature the most.

#2920 pcktlnt

pcktlnt

(vD ' ' )vD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

*waves at cag* Some free games:
Youda Survivor (Full) (iphone) - Time management type game
Youda Survivor HD (Full) (ipad)
Paul & Percy (ipad) - Puzzle game (toucharcade gave it 5stars)
Rail Rush (universal) - Apple's featured app
Archer Cat (iphone)
Sunshine (iphone)
2014 Completed ... Games
2014 Spending ... Games ... Movies

#2921 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Longbow(universal) from my wish list dropped to free, could be good.
http://appshopper.com/games/longbow

#2922 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Is there any strategy to it? I tried the free version and it just seemed so totally random, like I was just hitting squares with no purpose.

#2923 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

The actual game isn't really iPhone 5 either. It just has a dungeon-like border graphic to replace the top and bottom black bars, as opposed to utilizing the extra space for game content.

I want dungeon save feature the most.

Maybe I'll wait for update to start playing. I get annoyed enough at losing my place in my audiobook when I play too much on my phone.

#2924 007bond

007bond

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Used the last (from your picture) Rayman code (99YJ*). Thanks a lot!

#2925 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Penny Arcade card game is fun in lieu of Dominion or some other traditional style deckbuilder.

The problem is the balance is inelegant. I wouldn't say it is IMBALANCED though there are elements that are. First, Jim Darkmagic is ridiculously powerful for getting +2 money and power each turn late game. Second, there are only two or three cards that can remove trash from your deck and they don't always show up on random draws so everyone has to dive for them as fast as possible before they run out. Beyond that, the boss cards are so powerful that they will spin almost any engine into overdrive. If you are two behind on boss cards and don't get some outstanding draws really fast, you have most likely lost well before the game will really end.

All that said, it's good fun for want of a cooler traditional deckbuilder on the phone. Ascension and Nightfall don't really fill the same niche.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2926 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

The freemium version of Puzzle Quest 2 seemed to retain my settings regarding the hint arrow. Cool game, I decided to buy it. A funny thing happened though, they didn't ask me for confirmation on whether I wanted to pay money for it, they have always asked up until now.

Last Knight HD is free today. Appzapp told me about it, it's still shown at 99 cents on Appshopper.

Is there any strategy to it? I tried the free version and it just seemed so totally random, like I was just hitting squares with no purpose.

There's a lot of strategy to the game, assuming your goal is to progress as far as you can on your limited resources. There's a lot of weighing risk vs potential reward.

#2927 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Penny Arcade card game is good fun. I recommend it for 99c for sure.
Posted Image

#2928 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Dungeon Story is free and universal. Highly addicting and definitely recommended!

#2929 ssj3pikachu

ssj3pikachu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

anyone know if Spongebob's Super Bouncy Fun Time is worth it for a fan? Mad I missed it at 99 cents, but still considering it at $1.99. looks like a nice combo of different games' mechanics.

http://appshopper.co...bouncy-fun-time

#2930 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

About Love, Hate, and the Other Ones has gone free.

#2931 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Link
https://itunes.apple...d558459510?mt=8

#2932 spsummers

spsummers

Sic Semper Tyrannis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

iPhone only I think, the iPad version looks like its $1.99.
Posted Image

#2933 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

Link
https://itunes.apple...d558459510?mt=8

Thanks. iTunes links don't work for me, so I don't think to use them.

#2934 summer

summer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Is there a catch-all thread for itunes cards deals like there is for MS Live points & subscription cards? I tried searching but missed it if there is one.

#2935 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Is there a catch-all thread for itunes cards deals like there is for MS Live points & subscription cards? I tried searching but missed it if there is one.

If you mean like code drops then here you go.

#2936 guessed

guessed

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

If you mean like code drops then here you go.

I'm pretty sure summer is asking about a thread for deals on iTunes cards. I don't think there is a consolidated one, just a new thread whenever a deal pops up. I can't search right now, though - I may be wrong.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#2937 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Ah, poor reading comprehension on my part then. Sorry.

#2938 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Happy Monday!

EP3WLAJMNHYT
WKPMRWLPTJKT
PFMLTK6HWA6
T79W3WRL9T7Y
N3XXXR3MJXME
PH9R6JYP3JER
7W7MW3RL7FTT

Rayman Jungle Run for everyone!
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#2939 Hirou

Hirou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Thanks, staticz! I redeemed the first code (EP3...). Also, I just wanted to reiterate that Dungeon Story is a lot of fun. It's very addicting and for free, you can't go wrong. There are some IAPs that will unlock the other dungeons right away, give you double coins at the end of every run, and also some for actually buying those coins. Just wanted to point out that these aren't necessary to play and are just for those who want to breeze through the game quickly.

#2940 Fatality

Fatality

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Happy Monday!

EP3WLAJMNHYT
WKPMRWLPTJKT
PFMLTK6HWA6
T79W3WRL9T7Y
N3XXXR3MJXME
PH9R6JYP3JER
7W7MW3RL7FTT

Rayman Jungle Run for everyone!