Photo
- - - - -

"Singularity" 360/PS3 $10 (!!!) @ Walmart...

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 Nitemare25

Nitemare25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

I bought this game about a year or so ago during one of Gamefly's sales. I enjoyed it, but never got past the part with those FUCKING spiders. It's such a pain in the ass that I can't finish a game because of one stupid thing like that.

Is this the part you are talking about?

#32 Statix

Statix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

Bad deal, hunh? I would have to say- NOT! $10, for a game with an original retail of $59.99 is a steal, even if you found it cheaper than that.

If you think that's the definition of a steal, why don't you start buying up every copy of Lair or Duke Nukem Forever for $10 or less that you can find? You'd be making out like a bandit then!

Fact of the matter is, this is not a bad deal, but it's not a good one either. I bought it for $12 from Gamefly about 1.5 years ago.

#33 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

I've been wanting this game since I missed the $5 Best Buy deal. Great game even at $10, but it's not worth my time going to Walmart for it sadly.
<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#34 ddog510

ddog510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

I love this game but it has been 10 dollars forever lol...not retail but street price (ebay)
Posted Image

#35 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

If you think that's the definition of a steal, why don't you start buying up every copy of Lair or Duke Nukem Forever for $10 or less that you can find? You'd be making out like a bandit then!

Fact of the matter is, this is not a bad deal, but it's not a good one either. I bought it for $12 from Gamefly about 1.5 years ago.

This game does not belong in the same sentence as those two games you mentioned. It's worth every penny if it's $10.

#36 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

Is this the part you are talking about?

fyi anyone who's played a shooter like this in the last 20 years knows a shot gun is a terrible weapon for small swarms of things... it's his own fault. But I like the argument that happens over a capri sun.

#37 Foreverreds13

Foreverreds13

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

Is this version the one with a free copy of the first Prototype?

#38 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

I really liked Singularity.

He is right though, that phase tick swarm battle is really stupidly hard but the game is quite good.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#39 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

If Rollingskull says it's good then you better buy it.

The tick swarm is fairly easy if you destroy all of the egg pods in the room (prevents extra ticks from emerging) before turning the valve and shoot a time shield bubble right in front of the door to trap all of the ones coming in for easy slaughter.

lol @ Pre-RageQuit Michael "I'm gonna delete your WOW character if you don't shut up!"

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#40 asbarnes

asbarnes

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

Just scanned it at the price checker in Indianapolis and it rang up at $29.99. Oh well.

#41 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

I'll throw my hat in the it's underrated camp. Really fun bioshock'eque FPS, definitely worth a tenner.
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#42 KMoney33

KMoney33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

Rented it from gamefly, worth $10. I really enjoyed the campaign. At worst you'll beat it and sell it for close to what you paid for it.

#43 XzMrHitDatHoezX

XzMrHitDatHoezX

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

Picked up a copy for $9.99 today at my local wally world and it had the prototype 1 sticker ,too bad the promo expired 8/31/10

#44 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

I got my PS3 copy for $5 from Kmart but YMMV
Posted Image

#45 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

Bad deal, hunh? I would have to say- NOT! $10, for a game with an original retail of $59.99 is a steal, even if you found it cheaper than that.

My local Sears and Kmart still rings it as $29.99 and some folks don't have that option. While Wally-Marts are on every street corner. So, doesn't hurt to give anyone, whom has interest in this game, a heads up, where it's cheaper, no matter how much. When you hit $10 or below, your really "reaching" calling something a "bad deal".

Besides, where was your thread stating it was so cheap @ Kmart, at the time you found it? Didn't do it, you say?

I think it's great you want to point-out where folks may be able to get it even cheaper. Helk, that's the entire point of this forum. But to sit there, be a wise-guy, and call it a "bad deal"... is an insult to everyone whom takes the time and contributes to this board in the hopes of helping others find something they've wanted at a price-point they can handle, and be happy with.

Hmmmm... I usually don't get upset like this. But.... for just some reason you're lil' mouth realllly irked me!

Sorry to irk you man but I'm just trying to save CAGs money. Oh, and if you check my posts you will see that I did indeed post this more than once in the Kmart clearance thread(when they had the Buy 1 G 1 half off clearance sale a month ago-the weekly ad even showed singularity in the picture lol). I posted this again in the GameStop 3/5/7 trade in bonus as a good flip into GameStop as well as many other CAGs did in that thread too. So no, I DID post it at least 3 times along with many others. And I'm not insulting anybody-it's a great game for 10 bucks. Again just trying to save people money. At least where I live, there are as many KMarts as there are WalMarts and Targets for that matter.

#46 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

Really good game, if you haven't played it yet.....well u should!

K_ON__No__Thank_you_Animated_by_AlextheH

#47 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

Alright, well, I've passed by it many times at the local Kmart clearance bin. Guess I'll grab it the next time I'm there.

#48 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

i used to think it was an underrated game, but it can't be underrated if it comes up in every "most underrated games" conversation

#49 TheodorusMajorus

TheodorusMajorus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

Definitely underrated. Definitely worth $10. The developer of this game got scooped up by Activision to work on Call of Duty stuff, so they must've done something right.

#50 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

Solid game, especially at $10. One of my favorite FPS games from that year.

#51 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:25 AM

Should add YMMV on this deal. Nothing at 2 Norman, 1 Moore and 1 OKC store.

#52 lRolLlLilN

lRolLlLilN

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:56 AM

Checked my local Wally store today. Found the last one sitting behind the glass tagged at $29.99. Too bad it rang up the same price as well. :/ This is in Panorama City, CA.

#53 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

It's $5-6 if you can find it at Kmart.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#54 emceelokey

emceelokey

The Human Weapon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

Single player was really good. $10 is totally worth it.

#55 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

Wasn't able to get any at Kmart, so checked my Walmart and it's still $29.99-- did the BF copies have a different sku? OP (or any who has gotten this deal), can u post the skus from your receipt? Thanks.

#56 DeathDream

DeathDream

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

Great game! You can still even catch a game in multiplayer during peak hours.

#57 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

I've been waiting on this to hit $10 sense I bought my PS3 over a year and a half ago. 360 owners get all the deals.

#58 XzMrHitDatHoezX

XzMrHitDatHoezX

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

Newegg currently has it for $12.38 for ps3 with free shipping

#59 Darkfire

Darkfire

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:52 AM

The kmart by me had one copy left in their bargain section marked 12.99 with a sticker. On a sticker on the shelf it was listed as 7.38 and rang up as 3.45. Good deal. I also bit on dragon age 2 for 17 and deus ex and just cause 2 for 20 a piece.