Photo
- - - - -

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection $29.99 PS3/Xbox (@Amazon)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

PS3
http://www.amazon.co...d hd collection

Xbox
http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

Edited by PancakesAreLove, 18 July 2012 - 05:40 AM.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#2 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

Just ordered and was just about to post this. :P

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#3 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

Just got the Platinum on MGS2...so hard and frustrating, yet so rewarding. I had never played these games on PS2, but as soon as I started MGS2, it catapulted into my top ten all time. Absolutely love it.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

The police? The streets are flooded with the ejaculate of the homeless, and you people are counting on the police?

#4 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

:-k
I do want...but will wait for $20 can't pull the trigger. Now if there was a LE with some swag for $30 I'd be in.

#5 aardarf

aardarf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

in41; thanks op

#6 ryucross

ryucross

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

:-k
I do want...but will wait for $20 can't pull the trigger. Now if there was a LE with some swag for $30 I'd be in.

There was a Limited Edition but it was actually Limited.

#7 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

You're way, way too late for the LE, but for those of us who buy video games to play them this is still a great deal.

I'd play the LE too I just can't pull the trigger on a HD coll for more than $25 unless it's special. I've got all the others for $20 or less so no need to break the streak.

#8 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

Come on $20!!!

sixteenvolt420.png

#9 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

I'd play the LE too I just can't pull the trigger on a HD coll for more than $25 unless it's special. I've got all the others for $20 or less so no need to break the streak.

But this game has online game play and there probably won't be as many people playing when it drop to $20

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#10 Jacoblee23

Jacoblee23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

I have a 10 dollar credit from amazon from a problem I had with an order. Would I pull the trigger on this for $20 or should I get the vita version? By the way, I haven't ever played a metal gear solid game all the way through.

#11 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

I have a 10 dollar credit from amazon from a problem I had with an order. Would I pull the trigger on this for $20 or should I get the vita version? By the way, I haven't ever played a metal gear solid game all the way through.

The Vita is still $40 so get the Ps3 version.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#12 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

temping ...must resist...

#13 wingzero16

wingzero16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

DAMN!!!!! got this for $40 at BB should have done a Price match if i knew about it :(

#14 ilifecomputer

ilifecomputer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

probably biting... thanks op!

#15 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

DAMN!!!!! got this for $40 at BB should have done a Price match if i knew about it :(

Buy from Amazon and return the unopened copy to Best Buy.

125365.png

#16 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

It won't be long before it's $20 these rehash retread games always drop quick.
Posted Image

#17 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

I would probably get the PS3 version since it also includes Peace Walker.

More importantly you'll want to play these games at home since there are 10, 20, 50 minute long cut scenes and these games aren't really meant for pick up and play on the go.

In my opinion, MGS is a series you want to kick back your feet and enjoy the experience on a large television with surround sound.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#18 wingzero16

wingzero16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

Buy from Amazon and return the unopened copy to Best Buy.

helluva idea i lost my receipt but they say they should be able to look it up

#19 Jacoblee23

Jacoblee23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

Got it for 20 bux after my promotionl credit of 10 dollars. This could be the best 20 bux that I have ever spent lol.

Edited by Jacoblee23, 15 July 2012 - 11:28 PM.

#20 irc_email

irc_email

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

But this game has online game play and there probably won't be as many people playing when it drop to $20

those of us that don't give a crap about online play can afford to wait for $20 or less

#21 ilifecomputer

ilifecomputer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

I wussed out and ordered it with some promo credit so I can transfar!! I want to beat 2,3 and pw before I replay 4 and then try rising. going on a kojima bender.

#22 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

It won't be long before it's $20 these rehash retread games always drop quick.

This dropped before Black Friday last year and has held its MSRP longer than any other non-Sony HD collection. I don't see it for $20 in the near future, esp. since they just launched it on Vita with cross save support, are (it seems) going to patch MGS4 with trophy support, and have Revengeance coming soon.

Maybe it'll be slashed as a promo for Reveangance, but it's not like it's going to be cleared or blown out with this much franchise activity.

#23 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

This dropped before Black Friday last year and has held its MSRP longer than any other non-Sony HD collection. I don't see it for $20 in the near future, esp. since they just launched it on Vita with cross save support, are (it seems) going to patch MGS4 with trophy support, and have Revengeance coming soon.

Maybe it'll be slashed as a promo for Reveangance, but it's not like it's going to be cleared or blown out with this much franchise activity.

not if bestbuy is still around, lol

#24 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:13 AM

Revengeance is not a Metal Gear Solid game ;)
Posted Image

#25 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:31 AM

Thanks OP. Got one, I had just started playing the PSV one from Gamefly and was about to buy it. I will just get in on PS3 instead.
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#26 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:44 AM

If people are jumping on this @ $30 then tons will when it's $20 too MGS games have legs. And they way BB has DOTD's & pm'ing it won't be much longer. Black Friday is any week day now.

helluva idea i lost my receipt but they say they should be able to look it up

If you used your RZ card for the transaction use the myRZ site & print a duplicate.

it'll drop they always do & it doesn't have to drop to $20 there's always b2g1 or flip with a $30 price that can get it there. At $30 from BB I'd almost bite since I'd have 60 days to pm which I believe would get me there.

#27 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:18 AM

Did you seriously come back to a thread for a deal you aren't interested in just to argue with people...?

That's amazingly pathetic, haha. You must have a lot going on in your life.

Actually I can back to help the 2nd person find out how to get his duplicate receipt. And I make a point to follow-up in threads that I post in since my inbox get ?'s based of the replies that I make. And just b/c I'm not interested in the deal doesn't mean I don't refer people to the deal especially ones that have AMZ credit since it would make the game the same $20 that I'm looking for. If I still had some AMZ credit left I'd actually do the deal myself.:roll:

#28 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

Did you seriously come back to a thread for a deal you aren't interested in just to argue with people...?

That's amazingly pathetic, haha. You must have a lot going on in your life.

And you posted this completely non-productive comment because you have nothing better to do? Enuf frequently posts deals/advice to help out other cags, and I appreciate his efforts (especially his Best Buy expertise)

#29 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

I would probably get the PS3 version since it also includes Peace Walker.

More importantly you'll want to play these games at home since there are 10, 20, 50 minute long cut scenes and these games aren't really meant for pick up and play on the go.

In my opinion, MGS is a series you want to kick back your feet and enjoy the experience on a large television with surround sound.

Whoa...I thought that mgs4 was the only one with 30+ min cut scenes? Do all of the Mgs games in this collection have long cut scenes? Or is it just a few of them?

#30 ThePriceIsRight

ThePriceIsRight

Kupo b*tch!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Whoa...I thought that mgs4 was the only one with 30+ min cut scenes? Do all of the Mgs games in this collection have long cut scenes? Or is it just a few of them?

Yes & a lot of codec dialogue. That's the only real criticism about the MGS franchise but overall its a A+++ series. I dunno about PW though since I haven't played it yet.

Just a bit of a warning to everybody. I bought this a while ago when it was on sale for $30 again, but for some strange reason Amazon mailed me the EU version! So make sure you get the correct regional version. I cursed out Amazon & they only gave me a $6 refund! -_- I'm not that upset though, since the EU version is 99.9% the same as US. I've played all previous MGS games (except PW) & I really couldn't tell any real difference.