45 replies to this topic

#1 TealPavelski

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

Posted Image

http://www.toysrus.c...rch#soldInStore

Just spotted this on tru.com. This is the cheapest I have seen the clap trap figure. They normally go for $25+. Unfortunately you cannot order this online and cannot do in-store pick-up, so YMMV.

Really a great deal for any Borderlands fan! Unfortunately my local TRU doesn't have any in stock.
607033.png

#2 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:24 AM

I'll keep my eye out for it. Thanks :)

#3 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:48 AM

i got one on my fridge. its awesome. got mine online though... TRU

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#4 TealPavelski

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:34 AM

I really want one of these, but I can't bring myself to pay over $20 for one, especially since I plan to take it out of the package and display it. Hopefully my local TRU get some in stock.
607033.png

#5 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:23 AM

I saw this at my local TRU a few weeks ago, it's the same price in-stores if you can find one ($16).

#6 Panther Cat

Panther Cat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

Where in TRU would you find this sort of figure? It'd be cool to find one, but I haven't the foggiest idea where to look.

#7 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

I loved Borderlands...but hated (HATED!) Claptraps.

#8 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

Any photos of the actual figure with something for comparison in the photo?
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#9 TealPavelski

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

You would find these in the Action Figure section at TRU, not videogame section.

Here are some photos of the figure. It is 4" tall if you don't measure his antenna. 7" with the antenna.

Posted Image

Posted Image
607033.png

#10 Panther Cat

Panther Cat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for the info and the pics! Now to head to TRU some time soon...:)

#11 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

I so would buy these if I had the money right now. I'd like to see all the clap traps made into toys, especially the ones from the Clap Trap Revolution. Kind of want the one with the red eye and kind of looked like a biker with spikes on its body.

Edit: Not sure about the bandit figurine. Kind of creeps me out a little. Too many times that character caught me off guard in the video game.

Edited by anotherpoorgamer, 18 July 2012 - 01:04 AM.

#12 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:39 AM

For the people that found these, did you find them in the "Collectibles" section with other video game toys like the Halo, Street Fighter, Mario, etc aisle or like next to the other toy sections like let's say...next to WWE action figures and such? Having trouble finding these, went to 2 so far and no luck.
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#13 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

For the people that found these, did you find them in the "Collectibles" section with other video game toys like the Halo, Street Fighter, Mario, etc aisle or like next to the other toy sections like let's say...next to WWE action figures and such? Having trouble finding these, went to 2 so far and no luck.

At mine, they were at the end of the aisle with the Halo/GoW3 figures. They only had a few of them though.

#14 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

I like this better than the bobble head that comes with the Ultimate Loot edition of B2.
Posted Image

#15 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

Only 1 out of 3 TRUs around me had the Borderlands figures, but it was only for the Psycho figure sadly.
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#16 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

Ya, I tried 2 with no luck. They were in separate states since I was traveling, thought it would make a difference, but nope.

#17 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

I went on an all out hunt yesterday...found one!
Posted Image

#18 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

Thomas96, in which section of the store did you find your's? I really want one!

#19 Fadikun

Fadikun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

I'll have to check out the local stores tomorrow. Been wanting one for awhile now!

#20 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:12 AM

I've been to several TRU stores over the last 2 weeks -- both in St. Louis and in OKC -- and I have yet to spot one of these. :(

#21 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:39 AM

Thomas96, in which section of the store did you find your's? I really want one!

I found it with the collectible toys. It was close to the twisted metal and bioshock figures. It could also be with the video game toys in the video game section, as well. depends on the stores set up. I found mine by searching those spots thoroughly....I looked behind other figures and that's how I found mine. The tag will say NECA, if you find that tag then you look around the area. It really can be anywhere, even on side and back end displays.
Posted Image

#22 midloo

midloo

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

Funny when you think about the fact that the GotY version of Borderlands was half the cost of this figure on Steam this week....

and yet I still want that damned figure :)
Posted Image

#23 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

Funny when you think about the fact that the GotY version of Borderlands was half the cost of this figure on Steam this week....

and yet I still want that damned figure :)

So do I. I have no idea why I want this so much, lol. I will check the store by my apartment after work tonight, and if no luck there, I will check the store by my work tomorrow. But that's it. Not worth it to travel to a million stores...oh wait there's one on my way home from work too...ok fine, three stores is all...lol.

Edit: Oh well. No luck for me. Went to all three stores between work and home and nothing. They had a figure from every collection it seemed, except Borderlands. I probably should not spend the money anyway...

Edited by mightymek, 03 August 2012 - 01:56 AM.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#24 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

Ugh, I saw it once and decided to wait on it. Haven't seen it since.

#25 Attikus

Attikus

Mockingbird is dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

Will be checking the TRU by me ont he way home. Guy ont he phone says they have some, but we'll see.
Fortune and glory kid, fortune and glory...

My Zelda Shrine:
http://oi40.tinypic.com/8x7i8o.jpg
http://oi53.tinypic.com/2v965tv.jpg

#26 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

If you get one be careful with it. I've had nothing but problems with the damn thing since I bought it. The figure would sat on the stand, causing it to fall, which resulted in its antenna breaking off. Then I was having problem with the wheel being so stiff. I couldn't get the wheel to extend all the way down and thus when it came off I was able to put the wheel back on however it never fit back right. The figure looks great but I wsh I would have left it n the package.
Posted Image

#27 GeneJacket

GeneJacket

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

Claptraps are back in-stock for shipping, still $15. Just got one, and it's free shipping on orders over $49, for what that's worth.

#28 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

Claptraps are back in-stock for shipping, still $15. Just got one, and it's free shipping on orders over $49, for what that's worth.

Thanks! I ordered one with free 2 day shipping via Shoprunner - surprised it was eligible.

#29 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

Wow...shipping is $5.27, a bit steep imo. Too bad I already used a shoprunner trial earlier in the year. Gotta keep searching my local stores
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#30 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

Thanks! Just placed my order :) Been looking for this guy for awhile now with no luck. Free 2-day Shipping with Shop Runner for me ^_^