Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#781 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:01 AM

This should be in the OP I think.

If it were (Im not sure is/isn't) do you really think most of the hit and runners would have read the OP?

I myself wanted a link but decided to follow protocol. Im one of THOSE type people.:lol:

#782 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

For those that do get Morrowind there is a Morrowind Overhaul mod that dramatically will increase the visuals and shading of the game.

Posted Image

#783 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

Sometimes your trains will just randomly derail! I was crossing a switch earlier and suddenly my train was flailing around in the sky. I'm uploading the video now.

Randomly and operator error are not the same thing, fyi. :lol:

#784 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:04 AM

Done now if someone wants to make it fit be my guest. my job is just to copy and paste.

Stop making me want to buy this game.

Done!

#785 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:04 AM

This should be in the OP I think.

Why bother, people generally don't seem to even read the last few comments posted. Instead we have 82 pages asking is game xxxx worth it over and over and over and over to the point it becomes tedious to read the thread sometimes :(

#786 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

For those that do get Morrowind there is a Morrowind Overhaul mod that dramatically will increase the visuals and shading of the game.

Soph, may I just say Fuck you? You put that out there which means FOR SURE Morrowind won't discount as there's now mods I MUST HAVE.

I hate you so bad. So...so...bad.

#787 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:06 AM

I have Morrowind GOTY on Xbox, but god it plays so choppy on my 360. It felt choppy on my Xbox too, and I hate to drag that thing out of the closet...

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#788 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

Aww man now that's just making me sad because

Spoiler for Skyrim and the novels that take place between Oblivion and Skyrim
Spoiler

I have Morrowind GOTY on Xbox, but god it plays so choppy on my 360. It felt choppy on my Xbox too, and I hate to drag that thing out of the closet...

I can't even imagine how that inventory system would work with a controller. It's clearly geared for a keyboard and mouse, unlike Skyrim's which is clearly geared for a controller. TBH I prefer the Morrowind style UI even though I play Skyrim with a controller. :-P

steam_sig.png

#789 Mr. Sax Appeal

Mr. Sax Appeal

Yes! I finally caught up in the thread!:D

Not much for me today, I think I'll be getting the Company of Heroes Collection, but that's it.

Tomorrow morning I'll (hopefully) buy either Morrowind or Far Cry 2. I absolutely loved Oblivion and Skyrim, but I never played morrowind before. For Far Cry, I've heard some people absolutely love it, and some hate it. I'd be willing to take a chance for $2.50.

The only other things that interest me are GTA IV (I have all the other ones on Steam); I own it own Xbox 360 and its definitely one of my favorite games, and maybe Sanctum, mainly because it's pretty cheap and for co-op with my brother, who already has it. Right now I think I'll pass on both though.

#790 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Why bother, people generally don't seem to even read the last few comments posted. Instead we have 82 pages asking is game xxxx worth it over and over and over and over to the point it becomes tedious to read the thread sometimes :(

Yeah, CAGs asking for input on games before they purchase them. The horror ;)

#791 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:08 AM

thats because your playing
1. a bethesda game
2. a game thats was meant for the PC
3. a bethesda game
Posted Image

#792 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I've done the Morrowwind overhaul and it's nothing short of amazing.

#793 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

I had to rebuy Fable (I) for the THIRD time because of choppiness. I was dumbstruck as it's a Microsoft title and it shit the bed like you wouldn't believe.

#794 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Very true.

I have been keeping the OP updated as often as possible to hopefully alleviate this a little...

#795 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

You're not ready for Oblivion yet. It's extremely important to play these games in order. Start with Arena and then move on to Daggerfall. Both are now free from Bethesda. After that you want to play Morrowind and then you can get into Oblivion. Don't bother with the side games, like TESA: Redguard.

Or you can just ruin the whole thing and start with Oblivion I guess.

Spoiler

hehe its too bad I missed out on those, I watched some youtube vids though ;)

#796 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

Yeah, CAGs asking for input on games before they purchase them. The horror ;)

Doesn't help when it is asked for the same game over and over. When it first goes on sale? Sure, it is to be expected and welcomed to get feedback and people chime in saying yeah or nay. Hours later, hey guys I see xxxx is on sale is it worth it? Repeat that about 10+ times per game lol...

#797 St4rgalaqtic

St4rgalaqtic

I have no stars... WHY?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:11 AM

I cant spend 17.00 just to crash heli's into random objects....... cause if i bought it you know thats what im going to do.........its what you would do.

#798 testisbest

testisbest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:12 AM

Not sure if anyone wants. But Drakensang here:

http://www.steamgift...KPgL/drakensang

#799 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

I hate to be THAT guy but would somebody be so kind as to link me in so I can thin out the Join CAG thread?

Thanks
http://steamcommunity.com/id/stmpjmp96

#800 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Doesn't help when it is asked for the same game over and over. When it first goes on sale? Sure, it is to be expected and welcomed to get feedback and people chime in saying yeah or nay. Hours later, hey guys I see xxxx is on sale is it worth it? Repeat that about 10+ times per game lol...

So are you saying it's worth it or not? Haha. I am kidding. I know what you mean but I think many CAGs are grasping for things to buy at this point.

#801 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:13 AM

True dat. We should just buy it without thinking, or accept the opinion of a single person.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#802 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:13 AM

Look at the first post on this very page. Follow its directions and ye shall be rewarded.

Or not.

#803 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

I cant spend 17.00 just to crash heli's into random objects....... cause if i bought it you know thats what im going to do.........its what you would do.

Yah fly sims allways end with me going as fast and high as possible just to try to crash into something.
Posted Image

#804 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Kinda off-topic, but...

Just saw your blog link at the bottom of your post; missed it until now.

Really appreciate you taking the time to post that man.

And really appreciate all the time you've spent on the OP.

Steam sales are good times, no? :)

Back on-topic (sorta) - this might be the first day I don't buy anything. After yesterday, that could be a GOOD thing! :D

Done!

#805 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I make sure to scan 4 pages back. If it's further back then THAT, I just can't read through that much :-)

Especially with Train jokes and those man-pony things you guys throw up...

#806 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

I kind of want it on Steam but it hasn't gone low enough for me to justify double dipping and I already own it from Gamersgate from my pre-Steam days so I won't enter. Anyone else who likes RPGs should though.

I think River of Time is the better of the two but both are underrated games imho.

steam_sig.png

#807 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

It's what I did to 3 of them IRL. Silly wife got in the way of one of them, instead of crashing into her head I immediately pulled it...... and it hit a jungle gym. The other 2 were.... just my bad. :-)

#808 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

To those who have played Ys: The Oath in Felghana, does the game use the right joystick in any way? I would love to try this game out on a fightstick. :D

#809 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

Soph, may I just say Fuck you? You put that out there which means FOR SURE Morrowind won't discount as there's now mods I MUST HAVE.

I hate you so bad. So...so...bad.

If it's any consolation the mod doesn't look quite so good with all the rest of the awesome mods, Like necromancy and the clothing and magic ones and such, or the boating ones oh and the ones that tons of new creatures and npcs..So like with all that loaded up it's only 70-80% as it looks in the video xD

Here's a good guide I followed to get my morrowind up and running. Obviously there is a ton of other mods and tweaks and so on but was helpful.

http://www.something...-modding-guide/
Posted Image

#810 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

Kinda off-topic, but...

Just saw your blog link at the bottom of your post; missed it until now.

Really appreciate you taking the time to post that man.

And really appreciate all the time you've spent on the OP.

Steam sales are good times, no? :)

Back on-topic (sorta) - this might be the first day I don't buy anything. After yesterday, that could be a GOOD thing! :D

: )

Thank you!

Like I said then and in the blog, it meant so much more to me than just a game then and I just want others to know how much I appreciate them!

And in regards to the OP, I am glad to help out : )