Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#61 play2pwn

play2pwn

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

Nothing for me, anyone needs a vote?

Sanctum
E.Y.E.
Krater

Sanctum please! (: Im new to Steam sales and unfortunately don't have it :/

#62 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

I'd also like to hear some opinions - I'm generally a fan of all Double Fine games, so I was going to jump on it but wanted to hear thoughts.

It has an amazing art style which is worth this price alone. As an actual game, I don't know. Once the initial appeal wore off, I didn't have much interest. I'd still say it's worth it at it's current price. It's like almost all Double Fine games to me and I always get hate for it - great ideas, great stories, amazing art-direction....and...that's about it for me :(

/negativity.

#63 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Just came across an interesting article IGN just put out yesterday that maybe Metacritic is ruining the game industry.

http://www.ign.com/a...-games-industry

It's a long read, but some really interesting stuff there.

And yeah, yeah, I know it's not deals. :-P

Sad state of affairs. :cry:

#64 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Sanctum please! (: Im new to Steam sales and unfortunately don't have it :/

Gotcha!

#65 ben_man587

ben_man587

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

50% is pretty good considering Krater has only been out for a month. I would definitely pick it up at $7.49.
Posted Image

#66 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

Lol @ Cheapy closing the old thread.

#67 play2pwn

play2pwn

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Thanks Azuvidexus!

And I know this has kinda been brought up already, but does anyone else find it extremely frustrating to be waiting for these community choice and flash sales to pop up only to see they are games that have already been on sale only a day or two ago? >:0

#68 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Stacking was great. Personally, I liked it better than Costume Quest, which was pretty weak on gameplay.

Even with the relatively weak discount, I'm thinking about voting for Krater.
Posted Image

#69 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

That Batman Franchise deal is so hot, I almost wish I didn't already own the games. It's especially nice that the achievements unlock on your Steam & Xbox accounts at the same time.

Edit: I guess they changed it. For a second there it said Batman Franchise for $10.00, now it just says Batman: Arkham City for $10.00.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#70 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

Thanks Azuvidexus!

And I know this has kinda been brought up already, but does anyone else find it extremely frustrating to be waiting for these community choice and flash sales to pop up only to see they are games that have already been on sale only a day or two ago? >:0

Yup.

#71 measureless

measureless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

I have to recommend Costume Quest if nothing else from the Double Fine bundle. Yeah, Psychonauts is a classic but I really liked the little RPGish Costume Quest. I bought it for $5 during the last Autumn event and played the hell out of it. Buy it for $3.74 and save it for a cute, entertaining October game. Or play it right now!

Posted Image

#72 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

One package.

Thanks for the info I will have to pass on this, I already have Arkham Asylum on steam and Gotham city imposters from PS+, only interested Arkham City I will wait for the eventual GOTY version

O6d6OER.jpg

#73 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

Stacking was great. Personally, I liked it better than Costume Quest, which was pretty weak on gameplay.

The complete opposite was true for me. I enjoyed Costume Quest far more than Stacking. Stacking had all these strange, unexplained goals that you would have to guess and guess and guess to figure out. Or just look up online, which is what I had to do frequently.

Costume Quest had buckets of charm and terrific humor. Played that game and the DLC, with all achievements for both.

#74 Mikerrrr

Mikerrrr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

*deeeeeep sniff*

Love that new thread smell :)

Also, I wanted Costume Quest and Stacking for $5 together with Psychonauts. That didn't happen.

#75 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

My one complaint is that each level is SOOOO long and there is no way to save midlevel. Poor design choice if you ask me and it does get annoying because each time you open it up you need to dedicate a decent chunk of time.

Hmmm....that's kind of a turn off...maybe I'll pass. Thanks for the info.

#76 Bilbo1

Bilbo1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

Arkham City dlc seems to be region-restricted over here. (although they were available during the last sale one or two months ago)

Does anyone know if i will be able to redeem them on GFWL if someone gifts them to me?

#77 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

Ooh, I want Sanctum to win so I can point and laugh at a friend who bought it a couple of days ago. Also, because it looks like a fun game.

#78 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

I would like to point out how great Amazon has been doing. They had the Double Fine Bundle for this price over a month ago ....

Been bummed every time Amazon ran their bundle since Stacking was always really expensive individually.

And that's what Steam has been doing pretty well. Offering a decent discount on individual components of bundles. I've got a pretty decent sized library and a bundle that offers a good value is a rare thing. I don't like being penalized because I own a few games already.

#79 spree4567

spree4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

Thanks for the info I will have to pass on this, I already have Arkham Asylum on steam and Gotham city imposters from PS+, only interested Arkham City I will wait for the eventual GOTY version

You could buy Arkham City by itself for $10.19. All the DLC for another $10.83. Though only the Harley Quinn one is worth it to me.

#80 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

Sometimes I like the franchise sales, but in the case of Sniper Elite, the first one should really be 75% off. The Hitler DLC is nice at 50% off but I can wait on it.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#81 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

I got excited over the Double Fine bundle until I realized I owned all the games in it. Welcome to the Steam sale

#82 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

Anyone know how many community votes we have had altogether? I just got my elevated carpenter thing for hitting my 15th vote, have I missed any?

#83 Bilbo1

Bilbo1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

the one that ended a while ago was the 15th

#84 Sufuma

Sufuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Anyone know how many community votes we have had altogether? I just got my elevated carpenter thing for hitting my 15th vote, have I missed any?

There have been 15 total, so you haven't missed any.

#85 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Batman was the 15th choice, the one that is up right now is the 16th community choice

O6d6OER.jpg

#86 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Morning all. Voted for Sanctum, eyeballing Costume Quest, waiting for the 1pm update :-)

BTW I hit 15 votes as well. I'm pretty sure we're on 16 right now though (if I counted on my fingers correctly)

#87 Chalk

Chalk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

Hai pals!

#88 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Morning Guys.

Bought Stacking since I have CQ and Psychonauts already. Can't wait for 1PM because this sale is little by little destroying my wishlist :D.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#89 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Voting for E.Y.E want to pick this up this sale but had a feeling it would 75% off if I waited xD RPG styled fps's are my favorite fps's soo.

P.S Also surprised Sniper Elite isn't more off with the developer according to the amazon rep loving Amazon's sale price of 14.99 and extending it.

You can play Risen 1 free on Gamersgate's VOID service. http://www.gamersgat.../FG-RISEN/risen

Oh wow, I may have to try that out then and see how well this "ads for games" system works out. didn't ign or fileplanet try something similar with psyops?
Posted Image

#90 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

The complete opposite was true for me. I enjoyed Costume Quest far more than Stacking. Stacking had all these strange, unexplained goals that you would have to guess and guess and guess to figure out. Or just look up online, which is what I had to do frequently.

Costume Quest had buckets of charm and terrific humor. Played that game and the DLC, with all achievements for both.

Certainly both games had a bunch of charm, but the boring combat in Costume Quest wore thin very quickly for me. The only way I made it through the game was because it was extremely charming otherwise.

Stacking is more like an adventure game, but instead of collecting items, you are possessing dolls. I also didn't think it was all that difficult to come up with at least one of the solutions to the challenges presented. In fact, I liked the idea of coming up with more than one way to solve a puzzle.
Posted Image