Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#9931 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

Dawnguard is now live on GMG for $20, minus whatever their current site-wide voucher is offering.

pretty good deal
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#9932 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

http://store.indiegala.com/
Looks like the indie gala store is finally up. 1000 points = $1. Finally have a use for my 12500 points! Oh wait! After reading the FAQ, apparently you can only use a certain amounts of points per item. Only enough for like a 20% discount.

Here's a gem!
The Ironclads Collection
Regular price: $39.95
GalaPrice only: $31.96

That is just so full of fail but we can't say we didn't all expect something like that. Considering that all these games are very likely to end up in one of their bundles one day, if they haven't already, the only way I'd consider one is if they were free, which apparently they are preventing people from doing.

This weekend I got no steam gaming in, but I did discover Final Fantasy I for ios, and I've already racked up almost ten hours, mostly while sitting around waiting to go up at mics. I'm kinda surprised at how much I'm liking it, and how much further I've gotten than I ever did on the NES.

Maybe it wouldn't be as much fun today on the TV if it were my main activity, but the simpler era gameplay + using it to get through awful stand-up comedy or even just sitting around at a restaurant tonight while someone was telling a long boring story has been great!

Well if Square had some sense we could have been playing FF7 on Steam this weekend, instead they decided to do a launch that was just so full of fail that they had to pull it. *sigh*

A lot of people were really looking forward to getting it on Steam (yes MysterD I know, you want it DRM free on GOG :-P) but if they get it back up and working with the Securom keys and then people don't buy it because of having its own client you have to install plus Securom with a 5 limit activation I am sure Square will determine that there just isn't a market for their games on the PC. :wall:

It is nice that they are doing the portables though. I've really been enjoying the Final Fantasy 3 remake on Android via my HP Touchpad.

BTW, the Touchpad already has an early test version of Jellybean (Android 4.1) out. No sound and video acceleration yet so going to hold off a bit.

Dawnguard is now live on GMG for $20, minus whatever their current site-wide voucher is offering.

The code is PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN for 25% off bringing Dawnguard to $15. I tested it and it does work but I don't know how long that code is going to last. This is probably the cheapest Dawnguard will be for a while.

steam_sig.png

#9933 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

Thanks, I haven't been able to keep up with the flurry of vouchers they've been doing lately. I went ahead and edited my post with the correct info. :)
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#9934 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

Edit: The voucher is PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN for -25%, bringing the total to $15.

The code is PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN for 25% off bringing Dawnguard to $15. I tested it and it does work but I don't know how long that code is going to last. This is probably the cheapest Dawnguard will be for a while.

New voucher code is ORDER-NTCOM-PLETE as a mea cupla for their banking issues earlier.

Reusable, 25% off, good through 11am Friday (UK time)

#9935 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

Previously there was talk about steam mover and not to use the built in steam backup feature. I'd like to back up my games but not link them (so steam mover doesn't sound like it would work for my purpose). Is there something that beats just manually doing it?

#9936 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

Ugh. I want Dawnguard but I just picked up the Old Republic CE and am contemplating Guild Wars 2.... stupid money. I just have a hunch it will stay a solid $20 for a decent amount of time.

Oh well. Hopefully it drops drastically by the Winter Sale!

#9937 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Hmmmm, Worms Reloaded GOTY is 75% off at GMG... and if the code stacks... hmmmm

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#9938 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

Ugh. I want Dawnguard but I just picked up the Old Republic CE and am contemplating Guild Wars 2.... stupid money. I just have a hunch it will stay a solid $20 for a decent amount of time.

Same. I was all set to get Dawnguard for $15 and then I saw TOR CE for $30 at K-mart so I will probably wait on Dawnguard for now since I already spent a $30 I didn't expect but...

Hmmmm, Worms Reloaded GOTY is 75% off at GMG... and if the code stacks... hmmmm

Yes it does and it brings the GOTY version with all the DLC down to $4.68 Decisions decisions.

*Edit: Alright, I twisted my arm. Bought. :-P

steam_sig.png

#9939 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

Posted Image

#9940 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

http://store.indiegala.com/
Looks like the indie gala store is finally up. 1000 points = $1. Finally have a use for my 12500 points! Oh wait! After reading the FAQ, apparently you can only use a certain amounts of points per item. Only enough for like a 20% discount.

Here's a gem!
The Ironclads Collection
Regular price: $39.95
GalaPrice only: $31.96

I have 21500 galapoints, and they're all worth 1/10th of a cent towards getting a shitty game for a higher price than it was during the Steam sale. There is no measure to the level of sadness this brings to the world. I was foolishly optimistic towards getting something good from Gala.

The site is still in beta, so maybe they will change this if we use the contact form to express our disgust?
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#9941 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

Same. I was all set to get Dawnguard for $15 and then I saw TOR CE for $30 at K-mart so I will probably wait on Dawnguard for now since I already spent a $30 I didn't expect but...

Yes it does and it brings the GOTY version with all the DLC down to $4.68 Decisions decisions.

*Edit: Alright, I twisted my arm. Bought. :-P

I'm close to doing the same... but then I see Worms Crazy Golf and Ultimate Mayhem too and I wonder what if... my collection were complete....

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#9942 Chalk

Chalk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

Broke down and bought the Quake pack, Appearntly there is even patches for Quake for the steam version. In these two forums on steam.

Quake 1
http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1756923

Quake 2
http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1756937

I am excited as Quake was like my second FPS I remember playing it all the time in secret and having to hide the files and game path under a different name had to do the same thing with Diablo. At least I'll know the tricks when my kid tries to do the same thing :twisted:

Woohoo. Thanks for the links. I shall probably be trying them out. (:

So I just spent an hour playing Ship Simulator Extreme!

On the first mission... about 45 minutes of that was me sailing back to port... because I forgot to anchor my ship... so it floated miles into the ocean... while i was on my speedboat stopping polluters... green peace... yah...

Huh. How how was that? (Lol... Extreme...)

I feel you. But I also spent my GW2 money during the summer sale. ):
I really wanted to try that game too. Oh well, either I wouldn't like it, then get butthurt that I paid so much or I would have loved it and spent too much time on it.

#9943 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

I'm close to doing the same... but then I see Worms Crazy Golf and Ultimate Mayhem too and I wonder what if... my collection were complete....

LALALA Don't need to spend more money for games I probably won't play any time soon LALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU. :lol:

Actually, I noticed those too. I'm not sure if those codes are reusable or not. For my sake I hope not, but I did use the PC Gamer one because I figured that would expire first so there's still the Order not received one. :-P

steam_sig.png

#9944 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

Huh. How how was that? (Lol... Extreme...)

I actually posted some pretty extreme screen shots to my profile.

LALALA Don't need to spend more money for games I probably won't play any time soon LALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU. :lol:

Actually, I noticed those too. I'm not sure if those codes are reusable or not. For my sake I hope not, but I did use the PC Gamer one because I figured that would expire first so there's still the Order not received one. :-P

You know, I watched some gameplay vids and convinced myself the Worms series really is not for me. As crazy and fun as people say they are, just don't know if I like turn based worm killing. Maybe if it were cats...

#9945 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

I actually posted some pretty extreme screen shots to my profile.

I will have to check those out. Maybe it will even make me get off my ass and play it. *note to self: Anchor the damned ships!*

You know, I watched some gameplay vids and convinced myself the Worms series really is not for me. As crazy and fun as people say they are, just don't know if I like turn based worm killing. Maybe if it were cats...

Well I am one of that near extinct species of gamers that likes turn based.

Worm killing on the other hand, I don't know about. I mean, maybe it starts with worms then works its way up to cats and then the next thing, people. Oh wait, killing people is pretty much every game. Hmm.

steam_sig.png

#9946 HuntingNoob

HuntingNoob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

Indie Gala Store :lol::applause:

#9947 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

I will have to check those out. Maybe it will even make me get off my ass and play it. *note to self: Anchor the damned ships!*

Well I am one of that near extinct species of gamers that likes turn based.

Worm killing on the other hand, I don't know about. I mean, maybe it starts with worms then works its way up to cats and then the next thing, people. Oh wait, killing people is pretty much every game. Hmm.

lol... I do partake in plenty of people killing. I will keep the Worms game option open. I do love board games which are turn based, so I don't know why I have that mental block where turn based video games are a turn off.

Worms Crazy Golf just looks like a typical golf game, so I'm passing on that. Ultimate Mayhem looks like a 3D version of Reloaded, but people seem to like the Reloaded series much more so if I get anything it might just be reloaded. The rapping worms do get annoying (at least that's all I heard in the gameply vid, maybe it is optional?)

And yes, anchor the ships. You tend to forget in the excitement of preventing polluters from dumping toxic waste. In my next mission I am to intercept a shipment of illegal wood.

#9948 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

lol... I do partake in plenty of people killing. I will keep the Worms game option open. I do love board games which are turn based, so I don't know why I have that mental block where turn based video games are a turn off.

Worms Crazy Golf just looks like a typical golf game, so I'm passing on that. Ultimate Mayhem looks like a 3D version of Reloaded, but people seem to like the Reloaded series much more so if I get anything it might just be reloaded. The rapping worms do get annoying (at least that's all I heard in the gameply vid, maybe it is optional?)

The Worms crazy golf somehow reminds me of Angry Birds, which oddly enough just makes me want to buy it more.

And rapping worms? Oh lord, what am I getting myself into. Then again who am I kidding I'll never play this game outside the meta-game Steam, gotta' catch 'em all!

And yes, anchor the ships. You tend to forget in the excitement of preventing polluters from dumping toxic waste. In my next mission I am to intercept a shipment of illegal wood.

That is just so much excitement I am not sure if I will be able to handle it.

steam_sig.png

#9949 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

I have an odd question. I was just looking at my steam profile an noticed I didn't have a lot of steam achievements for SR3 (13/83) - things I actually did get (skimming the list I should be somewhere over 65/83). I remember getting the achievements in game, but they aren't on my profile.
Now it's not a big deal or anything, but since I am only really getting back into PC gaming recently, I have to ask, is steam achievements not registering a normal occurrence?

#9950 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

The Worms crazy golf somehow reminds me of Angry Birds, which oddly enough just makes me want to buy it more.

And rapping worms? Oh lord, what am I getting myself into. Then again who am I kidding I'll never play this game outside the meta-game Steam, gotta' catch 'em all!

That is just so much excitement I am not sure if I will be able to handle it.

You know, Angry Birds was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the Worms Crazy Golf screenshots, but the gameplay vid put that notion to rest. You can hit sheep and other worms and make then explode, but those are sub-objectives. The main one is to get par or less on each particular hole.

And yes, rapping worms with gems like "Take your order like a waiter, I'll bring your food later"

In Extremes you unlock bonus videos after each mission explaining the "real life" story behind the mission. They are actually interesting.

I have an odd question. I was just looking at my steam profile an noticed I didn't have a lot of steam achievements for SR3 (13/83) - things I actually did get (skimming the list I should be somewhere over 65/83). I remember getting the achievements in game, but they aren't on my profile.
Now it's not a big deal or anything, but since I am only really getting back into PC gaming recently, I have to ask, is steam achievements not registering a normal occurrence?

I think the only game I ever had not register an achievement was Nation Red. But something weird happened there. Not sure if I forgot to save or what, but it also failed to register me silver starring all the stages. Other than that I've never had an issue with the achievements. People have been reporting a lot of bugs with SRtT though.

#9951 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

Are you using any of the in game cheats for SR3? Those disable achievements.

#9952 Guest_ne_zavarj_*

Guest_ne_zavarj_*

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

GameStop / Impulse :

Might & Magic Clash of Heroes $4.63 ( daily deal )

#9953 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Today's deal is the Fallout Collection at 66% off ($6.79)

It includes Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel. Each is $3.39.

#9954 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Daily Deal

Fallout Collection $6.79 66% off includes below
Fallout $3.39 66% off
Fallout 2 $3.39 66% off
Fallout Tactics $3.39 66% off

#9955 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

Is this a good price for the Fallout collection? What do you guys think?

I have to admit, the dailies, for the most part, have at least been intriguing since the Steam sale.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#9956 Quicksilvers

Quicksilvers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

I would pay $6.79 just for Fallout Tactics.
First game I played in the Fallout series and still one of my top 5 games of all time.
"What is locked - can be opened. What is hidden - can be found. What is yours - can be mine." - Garrett

Posted Image

#9957 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

I think the only game I ever had not register an achievement was Nation Red. But something weird happened there. Not sure if I forgot to save or what, but it also failed to register me silver starring all the stages. Other than that I've never had an issue with the achievements. People have been reporting a lot of bugs with SRtT though.

Oh well. I guess I will keep an eye out for other games then. I like using achievements (on Xbox) to give myself goals to go back and get more gameplay out of a game after I've beaten it, but I have a big enough backlog that I don't really need to be doing that.

Are you using any of the in game cheats for SR3? Those disable achievements.

Not a one. Weird. I was actually getting the progress bars and messages in game, they're just not on my profile.

I also notice I have the achievement for mission 30 (Ho Boat) but am missing things there is no way to miss (complete act 1, other storyline achievements) so it's not just from memory on my part.

Oh! I just realized that I used a mod to disable the bloodsuck animation from the vampire addon.. but that was halfway through the game. Could that have affected it? Even if it did I can't imagine it would retroactively remove achievements - would it?

Edited by glennfrank, 06 August 2012 - 05:34 PM.

#9958 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

Is this a good price for the Fallout collection? What do you guys think?

I have to admit, the dailies, for the most part, have at least been intriguing since the Steam sale.

I was thinking they should have been 75% off at some point but Steamprices.com seems to be indicating this is the lowest it has been and even then it was on this price one other time on March 25th. Apparently even during the big sales it hasn't been this cheap.

Of course this is only going back to 2010 so I don't know about prior to that or when these games were even added to Steam though the forums for the entire Fallout Series don't seem to go back further than 2010.

steam_sig.png

#9959 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

I bought the Fallout collection from GOG back in April and still haven't played them yet. I would have rather had them on Steam. For some reason Fallout was free and the other two were 50% off so $3 each.

#9960 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

I bought the Fallout collection from GOG back in April and still haven't played them yet. I would have rather had them on Steam. For some reason Fallout was free and the other two were 50% off so $3 each.

Same. I'd rather have them on Steam than GOG so I am going to double dip. :-P

*Edit: Bought and (remote) installing now. I'm kind of surprised Fallout Tactics is 1.8 GB.

Edited by Motoki, 06 August 2012 - 05:45 PM.

steam_sig.png