Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#9961 pcktlnt

pcktlnt

(vD ' ' )vD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

How do you people keep up with this thread? lol
2014 Completed ... Games
2014 Spending ... Games ... Movies

#9962 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

A second monitor with a full screen browser auto refreshing every two minutes. It was a completely worthwhile investment.

#9963 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

A second monitor with a full screen browser auto refreshing every two minutes. It was a completely worthwhile investment.

Once you go for dual (or 2+) monitors, you can't go back!

#9964 Quicksilvers

Quicksilvers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Why did no one warn me about this?
"What is locked - can be opened. What is hidden - can be found. What is yours - can be mine." - Garrett

Posted Image

#9965 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

The same applies to resolutions and screen sizes.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#9966 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

I have four 23" monitors at work and I have to say that it is the most awesome setup. Of course I don't keep a full screen browser with CAG open on the far left monitor and I never read threads and post responses while at work but I'm sure it would be great if I did. ;)

#9967 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

I have four 23" monitors at work and I have to say that it is the most awesome setup. Of course I don't keep a full screen browser with CAG open on the far left monitor and I never read threads and post responses while at work but I'm sure it would be a great if I did. ;)

I don't really do that, but now that I've said it and since I have a second display here I'm starting to consider it. :)

#9968 SkullTheTroll

SkullTheTroll

Virtual Adventurer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

We don't :D

#9969 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

I've seen the "boxed" Fallout collection at Target for 9.99 before. Already have all 3 games and also enjoyed Fallout Tactics a lot more than the reviews state. Are there any custom scenarios one can play on Tactics?

#9970 Slixshot

Slixshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9971 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

Thinking about it, I suppose that, even if one didn't properly read each post, there are some cheats one could exploit:

- When the Daily Deal crosses over, discussion will turn to it.
- When a bundle or miscellaneous offer provides Steam codes becomes available, discussion will shift over to it.

Those are just a few that come to mind, but it's no way to keep up with the entire conversation. There are larger points that are discussed continuously, such as indie bundles, Steamgifts goings-on, and Coconut Queen, but that's for the real Steam Thread Enthusiast.

#9972 Quicksilvers

Quicksilvers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

Not sure how active the fallout modding community is but I used
No Mutants Allowed
http://www.nma-fallout.com/#
to find some mods when I played the games.
"What is locked - can be opened. What is hidden - can be found. What is yours - can be mine." - Garrett

Posted Image

#9973 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

Eh, I ran with two 24" monitors for the better part of a year before I sold them off and went back to a single 27". It wasn't the "all that" that I was expecting -- at least with gaming. Still had to alt-tab out to do everything, so.."lol". I guess if you used the PC primarily for other stuff, it would be neat; I'd love an extra one at work.

#9974 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

The easiest way to keep up with the thread is to skim posts. That or not sleep.

#9975 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

Eh, I ran with two 24" monitors for the better part of a year before I sold them off and went back to a single 27". It wasn't the "all that" that I was expecting -- at least with gaming. Still had to alt-tab out to do everything, so.."lol". I guess if you used the PC primarily for other stuff, it would be neat; I'd love an extra one at work.

Agreed on that. When I do work (coding and what not) a second monitor is just phenomenal to have. But when it came to gaming I didn't really like two monitors which is why I currently use one and when I work I enable the second one.

Now I could definitely understand multiple monitors for gaming if you were to use Eyefinity a lot.

#9976 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

I think I paid $12 years ago for a physical copy of the Fallout Collection. Might consider double-dipping to have it on Steam...

This weekend I got no steam gaming in, but I did discover Final Fantasy I for ios, and I've already racked up almost ten hours, mostly while sitting around waiting to go up at mics. I'm kinda surprised at how much I'm liking it, and how much further I've gotten than I ever did on the NES.

Every remake of the earliest games has increased the speed of leveling. Final Fantasy I on NES in particular was balanced around the need for the player to explore to figure out what to do and where to go next, so you'd level passively just wandering. Playing with a strategy guide or walkthrough, one gets to the point where you just have to stop and level for a bit before progressing (Hall of Giants, Warmech's Bridge) because you know where all of the objectives are. Later games in the series were better about giving straightforward paths with smaller increments int he monster difficulty.

#9977 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

So apparently Battle Vs Chess is working now for the people who bought it. They are getting working keys now, though the game defaults to German and if you want to change it to English you have to navigate through the menus in German to do it. :-P

It's still not up in the store, but someone who apparently seems to work for the publisher and/or the Developer posted this in the Steam forums:

http://forums.steamp...9&postcount=174

Hi, At the moment we removed BvC for a few days to have it re-released again with the MAC version.

If you've got any questions, feel free to pm me

And it's just completely coincidental that it got taken down when everyone was having problems with their keys not working and raised a fuss to Steam. Right.

In related news, GetGamesGo has the same game listed on their site coming soon as "Check vs Mate" so perhaps Interplay, the holders of the trademark to "Battle Chess" forced their hand.

steam_sig.png

#9978 Guest_ne_zavarj_*

Guest_ne_zavarj_*

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

Supreme Commander 2 [Download] ( Steam ) $7.18

#9979 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

Yeah, my gaming PC is also my everyday 'workhorse' PC so my second monitor really comes in handy for when I'm not gaming. Otherwise, I might be feeling the same way.

Was out of town all weekend so did not get much gaming in, aside from a couple of games on my TouchPad (More specifically, EDGE & Osmos, which I also have on steam. I have to say, I prefer playing them on the tablet). It's good to be back!

#9980 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

I blame games not using Borderless Full Screen Mode. It disturbs me to no end when I'm playing a game and I accidentally click "outside" of the full screen game window only to have the game minimize/crash because they couldn't establish borders or when you have shit pop up on the other monitor but can't reply without minimizing. Drives me nuts that programmers aren't held to higher best practice standards.

#9981 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

:beer:500 Pages! And this thread was just started in the middle of the summer sale.

So how many pages normally until a thread really starts wigging out?

steam_sig.png

#9982 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

Happy hour is on over at indie gala:
http://www.indiegala.com/

#9983 Guest_ne_zavarj_*

Guest_ne_zavarj_*

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

Stronghold 3 Gold is on sale for $9.99 / £6.24 / €7.49 (75% off) at Get Games.

THQ Store

Posted Image
PC Download
Supreme Commander™ Gold Edition
$4.00

I think it can be activated on Steam .

#9984 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

I know Dead Island has probably been bought for most of us, but anyone who waited for the GOTY edition with all DLC, this deal is one to check the piggy bank for. EDIT: Also, did they remove the 4-pack option for Dead Island altogether? >.<

http://store.steampo....com/sub/15190/

It says on the page that since I purchased Dead Island already, I get 50% off the GOTY's base price of $19.99, so the sale price is $9.99 for any copy previous DI owners buy. The GOTY package includes
  • Dead Island
  • Bloodbath Arena DLC
  • Ryder White DLC
  • Blueprint "The Ripper" Weapon
  • Get ready for your return to Dead Island, a paradise to die for!
Is this the best price Dead Island has had digitally? I don't remember seeing a better price anywhere else, so if this is the case I wouldn't mind buying/trading copies for other CAGs who want in.

Link to my Steam group buy and trading thread post for more info about payment/trades/etc., but you can always PM me if you are interested.

LINK: http://www.cheapassg...172#post9859172

:beer:500 Pages! And this thread was just started in the middle of the summer sale.

Also, wow, 500 pages already? We've been using this thread for less than a month, right? O.o

Haha, I think we're on the cusp as it was 10,000 posts per thread that started to wig them out last time I checked. :3

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#9985 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

I think it's between six and seven hundred.

#9986 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

Supreme Commander decent for $4?

OMG, what am I doing? I don't need it. Hell, I probably don't even want it. Deal-seeking is a sickness, I tell you.

#9987 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

Supreme Commander decent for $4?

OMG, what am I doing? I don't need it. Hell, I probably don't even want it.

And that ever stopped any of us from buying because...? ;)

steam_sig.png

#9988 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

I know Dead Island has probably been bought for most of us, but anyone who waited for the GOTY edition with all DLC, this deal is one to check the piggy bank for. EDIT: Also, did they remove the 4-pack option for Dead Island altogether? >.<

http://store.steampo....com/sub/15190/

It says on the page that since I purchased Dead Island already, I get 50% off the GOTY's base price of $19.99, so the sale price is $9.99 for any copy previous DI owners buy. The GOTY package includes

• Dead Island
  • Bloodbath Arena DLC
  • Ryder White DLC
  • Blueprint "The Ripper" Weapon
  • Get ready for your return to Dead Island, a paradise to die for!
Is this the best price Dead Island has had digitally? I don't remember seeing a better price anywhere else, so if this is the case I wouldn't mind buying/trading copies for other CAGs who want in.

Link to my Steam group buy and trading thread post for more info about payment/trades/etc., but you can always PM me if you are interested.

LINK: http://www.cheapassg...172#post9859172

Also, wow, 500 pages already? We've been using this thread for less than a month, right? O.o

Haha, I think we're on the cusp as it was 10,000 posts per thread that started to wig them out last time I checked. :3

You sure that would work? Seems like all you can purchase at 50% is the upgrade to Dead Island GOTY, not the actual GOTY. Unless others have confirmed it to work. Maybe it is a glitch and giftin an upgrade will give the giftee the whole thing? Seems unlikely, but you never know.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#9989 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

I think $19.99 is the new regular price for Dead Island GOTY as far as I can tell. I am waiting around for the inevitable GOTY at 75% off for $4.99. Yes I am that cheap, but I am also kind of meh on Dead Island and really only want it if it is super dirt cheap.

steam_sig.png

#9990 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

I think $19.99 is the new regular price for Dead Island GOTY as far as I can tell. I am waiting around for the inevitable GOTY at 75% off for $4.99. Yes I am that cheap, but I am also kind of meh on Dead Island and really only want it if it is super dirt cheap.

Same here, I won't be sold on it until it's $5 (or less, if the 50% off stacks).