Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#10021 pinkgun

pinkgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:34 AM

Apparently CS:GO pre-order will be opened at tomorrow
http://blog.counter-strike.net/

#10022 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

Since I already owned SC:FA, and only purchased the Gold Edition for the original, here is a giveaway for the extra copy.

You should also get the original game as well with this key.

Posted Image

Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder if it will actually work and somebody else will actually get a copy of the games. Only one way to find out, I guess.

Entered.

Thanks man.

EDIT: Actually, thanks to Motoki, I now know for sure that it'll work.

Edited by The End, 07 August 2012 - 01:02 AM.

#10023 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

man, am i the only one hyped for dark souls? even though i know the port job will be miserable i can't wait to get my hands on it.... i got halfway through it last year before my 360 decided to take a crap (3rd one i owned that died) and i swore off consoles until the next gen hits. it is truly an awesome game. it's between that and ark city for my goty 2011. has ninja blade been on sale many times? i don't if i can resist buying it for full price but the cheap ass in me may prevail...

#10024 Quicksilvers

Quicksilvers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:47 AM

man, am i the only one hyped for dark souls? even though i know the port job will be miserable i can't wait to get my hands on it.... i got halfway through it last year before my 360 decided to take a crap (3rd one i owned that died) and i swore off consoles until the next gen hits. it is truly an awesome game. it's between that and ark city for my goty 2011. has ninja blade been on sale many times? i don't if i can resist buying it for full price but the cheap ass in me may prevail...

I got to the pitch black place where you have to give up your shield for a lantern. Already have it on 360 so not really excited about the PC port, I will be getting the DLC though.
"What is locked - can be opened. What is hidden - can be found. What is yours - can be mine." - Garrett

Posted Image

#10025 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

Deponia is now available on Steam and 20% off ($15.99) until August 14.

Daedalic Entertainment, once called “Lucasarts from Germany“ by the GameStar magazine, invites the players into a fantastic comedy adventure that revolves around a crazy love story of Rufus and Goal. In Deponia, the world has degenerated into a vast garbage dump, in which the crotchety Rufus ekes out his sorry existence.
Genre: Adventure, Indie

I'm so interested in this one that I'm bothering to embed the trailer!

4TR8DLJkwcA

#10026 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:50 AM

I got to the pitch black place where you have to give up your shield for a lantern. Already have it on 360 so not really excited about the PC port, I will be getting the DLC though.

that's actually exactly where i was too, i never even made it to the lantern though. i just kept getting my ass kicked in the dark by those giant skeletons.

#10027 Quicksilvers

Quicksilvers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

that's actually exactly where i was too, i never even made it to the lantern though. i just kept getting my ass kicked in the dark by those giant skeletons.

The worst part is you can't just jump back into the game; you need to ease into it; and that place is one of the worst places in the game if you aren't on the ball.
"What is locked - can be opened. What is hidden - can be found. What is yours - can be mine." - Garrett

Posted Image

#10028 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:59 AM

Love Dark Souls, but I have it on the PS3 and no want for a cheap port. The cavern isn't too hard. Just requires you to take it slow to make sure not to aggro more than one skeleton at a time. If you have the balls for it you can also just run past them, takes about 2 minutes from the start if you know the way. Look through youtube for some run videos. Best part of Dark Souls is the PvP (150+ hours sunk in that aspect) so if the online isn't a shit lag fest I may bite at $20 price on PC.

#10029 kennyb324

kennyb324

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Since the Counter Strike Global Offensive pre-order starts tomorrow its a safe bet that the franchise will be on sale for midweek madness

Counter Strike complete pack (including CS:GO) was also spotted on the steam database (which also hints at a midweek madness)

#10030 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

So The End and I just found out that the Supreme Commander Gold on the THQ site gives you two keys that register for both games for $4. That's an awesome deal with potential to get both games for $2 if you split with a friend for the other $2.

Oh and on a totally unrelated note, if anyone besides me and Fox actually cared, the 360 wireless driving wheel controller does work with Rig 'N Roll. :lol:

steam_sig.png

#10031 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

So The End and I just found out that the Supreme Commander Gold on the THQ site gives you two keys that register for both games for $4. That's an awesome deal to get both games for $2 then split with a friend for the other $2.

Thanks again man. :)

#10032 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

So The End and I just found out that the Supreme Commander Gold on the THQ site gives you two keys that register for both games for $4. That's an awesome deal to get both games for $2 if you split with a friend for the other $2.

Dude, shut up! I already know I would totally suck at that game, and you're just making me want to get it anyways because it's such a deal.

Oh and on a totally unrelated note, if anyone besides me and Fox actually cared, the 360 wireless driving wheel controller does work with Rig 'N Roll. :lol:

Seriously, stop making me want stuff.

#10033 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:13 AM

Bookmark everytime I make a post, then change the URL with each new post or each time I read a bunch of pages.

That is way too much work. There is a go to first new post since last visit button to the left of the thread title in the forum and a view first unread button by the thread tools.

#10034 TripJack

TripJack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

So both keys active the full gold version? Outstanding.

Anyone wanna go halvsies with me?

#10035 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

Deponia is now available on Steam and 20% off ($15.99) until August 14.

Daedalic Entertainment, once called “Lucasarts from Germany“ by the GameStar magazine, invites the players into a fantastic comedy adventure that revolves around a crazy love story of Rufus and Goal. In Deponia, the world has degenerated into a vast garbage dump, in which the crotchety Rufus ekes out his sorry existence.
Genre: Adventure, Indie

I'm so interested in this one that I'm bothering to embed the trailer!

4TR8DLJkwcA

this looks nice! ill probably wait for this to go further in sale. added to wishlist!

#10036 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

You sure that would work? Seems like all you can purchase at 50% is the upgrade to Dead Island GOTY, not the actual GOTY. Unless others have confirmed it to work. Maybe it is a glitch and giftin an upgrade will give the giftee the whole thing? Seems unlikely, but you never know.

Posted Image

I tried gifting this to a friend already and they said they had all the DLC available under their properties tabs, so I think they want people to share the game with other friends instead of having the 4-pack around. It's definitely an interesting approach, but I wish we had both. :cry:

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#10037 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

I just bought Book of Unwritten Tales and now you show me this? :)

this looks nice! ill probably wait for this to go further in sale. added to wishlist!

#10038 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

I keep thinking Supreme Commander is that mech game from Square. I wish that would go on sale. I wish there were more offline mech games, especially 3rd person games.

#10039 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:49 AM

I keep thinking Supreme Commander is that mech game from Square. I wish that would go on sale. I wish there were more offline mech games, especially 3rd person games.

Square published Supreme Commander 2...?

#10040 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:53 AM

If you're talking about Front Mission Evolved, I think that was around $6 at gamersgate at one point.

#10041 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:53 AM

Bah, it seems that Supreme Commander deal is not available to Europeans :/

#10042 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:59 AM

Motoki,

It really isn't such a big deal. I was starting to poke around for it anyways. With Dawnguard, I launched a new character.. thus NO guards speak of it until you're level 10. I was 9 :-) No biggie though, it's just one of those things. But yes, it becomes absurd the amount of times they repeat it if you DON'T just go.

It's like sheesh.

#10043 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

Bah, it seems that Supreme Commander deal is not available to Europeans :/

I can't say for sure, but I don't think the actual codes themselves are region locked. I don't see any info indicating the game is region locked.

Since everyone who gets in on this deal gets two keys, you might be able to buy or trade one off of someone.

#10044 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:10 AM

I can't say for sure, but I don't think the actual codes themselves are region locked. I don't see any info indicating the game is region locked.

Since everyone who gets in on this deal gets two keys, you might be able to buy or trade one off of someone.

The codes are region free i believe. And yes, good idea, i will try to trade with someone here. Thanks :)

#10045 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

I would be if I already didn't own the PS3 Collector's Edition. I'll probably just buy the DLC on PSN. I wouldn't mind buying it again on PC, but I heard it's a bad port. Plus it really annoys me (as a hardcore fan of the series), that they released a patch that not only nerfed a lot of things, but made the game a whole lot easier.

Ninja Blade was 75% off the whole duration of the summer sale. I was going to buy it, but I already went way over my spending limit ;)

#10046 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

Don't forget to mention that Dark Souls is using that awesome GFWL service.

#10047 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

I might double dip on it and grab it for the pc, if the port is decent. I don't like GFWL mind you but I've never had any trouble with it so I could put up with it. As long as the port was decent and ran as good as the console version. I would probably be a buyer at around $20.

#10048 Chalk

Chalk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

I've heard so many great things about Dark Souls, but have seen limited game play. I was pretty excited when they said they were going to release it for the PC, but was a bit skeptical on the GFWL. I would bite on a cheap price, but I think I'd go expensive it didn't include that feature (and obviously if it was better ported).

And I gave up on the 360 when my first one died. :/
It lasted a pretty good ~5 years though.
And my brother ended up fixing it, but the colors are all fucked up.

#10049 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

I just bought Book of Unwritten Tales and now you show me this? :)

I agree. Two nice-looking adventure games coming out in such short order is just a dick move.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#10050 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

I've heard so many great things about Dark Souls, but have seen limited game play. I was pretty excited when they said they were going to release it for the PC, but was a bit skeptical on the GFWL. I would bite on a cheap price, but I think I'd go expensive it didn't include that feature (and obviously if it was better ported).

I agree. I was really excited for it but then GFWL + Japanese man from From saying 'ohai port sucks*' = HOPES DELETED = way less I am willing to pay.

It went from a must buy day 1 to a wait and see. Unless the general consensus is that it's really amazing, I probably won't buy right away. If the opinions are mixed I'll wait for a decent sale and if the (non-rabid fanboi/girl) opinions are mostly bad I will just pass.

I've seen too many FAIL launches lately to go in blind like the Battle vs Chess or the Final Fantasy VII one.

*(Yes that is hyperbole nevertheless what he actually said did not exactly fill me with confidence either)