Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#1051 Meeza

Meeza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:31 AM

Damn what a close vote, surprised torchlight won!

#1052 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:31 AM

Wow, I can't believe Torchlight beat out Oblivion. I'm definitely getting it! I hope Oblivion gets a sale soon though.

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#1053 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

torchlight ftw!

Meh...well, Oblivion GOTY will be at 75% off at some point before this is over.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1054 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

I can't believe Torchlight won by 1% LOL

#1055 omnicious

omnicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Is there any reason to get Torchlight 1 here instead of buying Torchlight 2 and getting both games?

#1056 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:34 AM

Damn what a close vote, surprised torchlight won!

Very close! It's probably the closest vote so far on Summer Sale. 1% win!

Sweeet, buying it.

#1057 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:34 AM

Meh...well, Oblivion GOTY will be at 75% off at some point before this is over.

How do you figure?

#1058 Poorleno

Poorleno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

Well crap, was looking forward toward getting Oblivion, and possibly Morrowind on sale. Oh well, saves me some money. Already have Torchlight, didn't care for it too much.
Posted Image

#1059 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:37 AM

How do you figure?

All sales posted keep ending up a deal at some point.

Steam is not likely to negotiate a sales price with the companies and then not actually use them.

#1060 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:37 AM

How do you figure?

The majority of vote options have been flash deals or daily deals as well.

#1061 Yoda-JM

Yoda-JM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

Is there any reason to get Torchlight 1 here instead of buying Torchlight 2 and getting both games?

If you intend to pre-order Torchlight 2 there is no point in buying Torchlight 1.

How do you figure?

It's been on sale in pretty much every Steam sale ever, including $4.99 for GOTY in the Thanksgiving and Winter sales.

Really bummed Oblivion didn't win :(

#1062 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

I guess only if you've never played Torchlight you could get it now for cheap and then wait for a price drop on Torchlight II if you end up liking it. But if you know you'll like the game you should just preorder Torchlight II.

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#1063 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

I'm pleased for the victors but I very much hope those who were waivering on Tourchlight buy it as I must do with my Oblivion for your win.

I know it's likely too that a lot more people have Obliv so that weighed in but my gut says there was some ballot stuffing or other recount silliness.

Florida 2000.

#1064 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:39 AM

How do you figure?

Every community vote loser has returned as a flash or daily deal. Those votes are just for 'when' those games will go on sale.

CheapyD DLC is free I believe. No extra DLC purchase required.

Ah I think you're right, it doesn't require the DLC. Got confused because every source kept saying, "Genkibowl VII DLC + CheapyD compatibility patch."

#1065 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:39 AM

There's a Torchlight demo, I liked it so much that I pre-ordered T2 and got the T1 bonus. The 4pack was only $15 each. Oh yeah and your demo progress carries through to the full game, that was cool cause I put like 2-3 hrs into the demo.

#1066 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:40 AM

Just cause you see everyone posting here wanted obliv doesn't mean everyone on steam wants it.... It lose deal with it. All these games will be either a daily sale/flash sale because it has happened with all the games on vote so far(close to it.)

#1067 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

not at all surprised torchlight won; side note, got Just Cause 2 and all DLC in prep for next phase of the multiplayer mod

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#1068 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

Really bummed Oblivion didn't win :(

No need to be bummed. Oblivion will hit a daily or flash sale some point this sale.

I've had Torchlight at the front of my backlog for awhile now, but havent fired it up because I'm worried about how much time I'll sink in it. For those that have played it how much time is the campaign? I put over 100+ hours into Titan Quest and I'm afraid I'll lose myself like that in Torchlight.
Posted Image

#1069 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

There's a Torchlight demo, I liked it so much that I pre-ordered T2 and got the T1 bonus. The 4pack was only $15 each. Oh yeah and your demo progress carries through to the full game, that was cool cause I put like 2-3 hrs into the demo.

I'd probably pre-order Torchlight II, but the Mac version will be released after the PC one is launched, and there's no official date (yet). By the time the Mac version is available (maybe before Christmas?) it might have some sort of deal?

Or maybe not? Any feedback on this?

#1070 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

Wow.

Seriously? You can just pre-order Torchlight 2 and get Torchlight 1 for free.

Thanks for that one, Steam community. I was really rooting for Oblivion GOTY Extended for 75% off.

#1071 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:50 AM

No need to be bummed. Oblivion will hit a daily or flash sale some point this sale.

I've had Torchlight at the front of my backlog for awhile now, but havent fired it up because I'm worried about how much time I'll sink in it. For those that have played it how much time is the campaign? I put over 100+ hours into Titan Quest and I'm afraid I'll lose myself like that in Torchlight.

Not sure how long one playthrough of Torchlight is but I put a LOT of time into Titan Quest but only 11 hours in TL. TL just didn't have that "pull" that TQ and D2 had for me. Hard to pin down exactly what those 2 games had that TL didn't but I just never really felt the urge to keep playing TL. Hopefully that will change with TL2.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1072 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:50 AM

Wow.

Seriously? You can just pre-order Torchlight 2 and get Torchlight 1 for free.

Thanks for that one, Steam community. I was really rooting for Oblivion GOTY Extended for 75% off.

You can't cancel a pre order can you?

#1073 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:52 AM

You normally can by submitting a ticket to Steam support but it might be tough if a pre-order comes with a free game as a bonus and you've already played that game.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1074 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

Yes, you can. Just send an e-mail to Steam support and they'll most likely cancel the order since it hasn't been released yet. Here's a Steam forums topic on it: http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1117862

But seriously, any pre-order of Torchlight 2 comes with the first game. For $20 ($15 in a group buy) you could have the original plus a game that hasn't been released yet. I don't think you'll be able to get them both for much less than that during the Winter sale when T2 has already been released, and that's five months away.

#1075 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:59 AM

Looks like the Bioshock collection for 75% off is the next flash deal. Slow day for me today...only picked up Shoot Many Robots.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1076 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

hmmm have no interest in any of the games on the vote.

#1077 Leftylikesgames

Leftylikesgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

Yuck, racing games. Any voting preferences?

#1078 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:03 AM

Next vote is Need for Speed Hot Pursuit vs. Test Drive Unlimited 2 vs. Driver San Francisco. Voted for TDU2 since it's the only one I don't have.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1079 dopehat

dopehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:05 AM

Voted for TDU2 too

#1080 soopermv

soopermv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:05 AM

I think this will be the cheapest Driver has been, pretty much anywhere that I have seen
Posted Image