Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#11041 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

It's kind of funny, but the Steam Mobile app is actually better in many ways for Steam usage.

Much of what the steam mobile app does is available on their (unpublicized) mobile website http://store.steampo...bilestorefront/ which is really nice if you don't have one of them oh-so-trendy phones. The messaging feature however is part of the app, I think.

That's an interesting site! It's a less common occurrence today, but growing up, I used to get really pissed/disappointed when a game didn't have subtitles because that generally meant I wouldn't understand one damn thing about the storyline or even what I was supposed to do in the game.

One of the reasons I love Valve's games so much is that they pack their games full of subtitles - even including ambient noise (many games just have the dialogue subtitled). I really like the ambient noise subtitles because it gives me more of an idea of what kind of atmosphere I'm playing in - kind of like how hearing people can sometimes get really scared by horror movies because of all the noises going on in the background. Some people may think Valve can go a bit overboard with the subtitles, but I truly do appreciate them.

I love that site, its really well done and also they were behind this really well done article, how I found out about them myself,

http://www.gameinfor...e-audience.aspx

Basically talks about how everyone is really just temporarily able bodied, Due being only one accident,or illness, or even just natural age before they also have issues with current games.

Also here is another good article http://www.gameinfor...it-matters.aspx this one talking about the button mashing segments of recent likes like God of War and Uncharted.

One of the worst things with the Kinect type future games as well. They totally ignore the fact that many people just can't make the gestures and voice commands they want.

Thanks for those articles. In a similar vein there was this piece on Slate a short while back addressing subtitling and streaming video. A lot of subtitling is strictly aimed at language translation, so it surprises me when I see [door creaks] or [footsteps echoing]. The sad thing is how advancing technology can make things less accessible; before the CD-ROM/Multimedia revolution, everything important was written. I remember other discussions of ebook DRM impeding text-to-speech tools.

I don't even need to sell them back if I could just trash some of the games in my library I'd be more than happy.

Hear hear, especially bundle stuff that I didn't want.

#11042 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

Here's hoping for the sell back your games for pennies feature. I'd honestly pay a few cents to remove some of the games in my "dislike" category hehe

I wish we had this feature, since GMG already has it. Problem is, it's an odd system that not every publisher exactly likes. I was reading a forum topic on GMG the other day and someone was explaining why GMG's system and DRM is so rigid and such and how it pretty much all stems from the trade-in system.

A trade-in system on Steam may be a catch 22 in some ways. For example, there would be no more offline mode. GMG's Capsule has no offline mode because it HAS to verify your games every 3 days, because if you trade a game in, it's still playable for those three days. It's an autocheck, and if it checks after the three days and sees that you traded the game in, it disables it in your account.

That's not a huge deal, but it's just added DRM to Steam, which is already a form of DRM. As it stands, Steam can be played in offline mode, which is a plus. A trade-in system would remove that feature.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11043 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

It becomes quite apparent that you have backlog issues when the great motivator that finally gets you to knock a game out is the fact that the sequel is nearly upon you. I spent a day before OMD2 getting 5 skulls on everything in OMD1. I've been click click click-ing my heart out in Torchlight. Then, 2 days before Darksiders 2, I realize I never finished 1. Had to start all over, too, since I played it on 360, then sold the 360 copy when I got it on Steam. Oh well, about halfway through, give or take.

At least I won't have that problem with Borderlands2, I've beat that several times.

#11044 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

@idiotique It wouldn't have to work like that. That description of GMG makes it sound overly complicated. That system sounds weird.

We all would be online when we make the trade and they remove it from the account at that time. If you can only trade through the client, it would check then and you could immediately go offline.

#11045 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

I spent ~1 hour getting started and playing 3 in-game days. I the only reference point to something similar I have is Persona 3 FES.

High School Dreams seems to meet expectations in structure, managing activites and relationships on a Persona 3 like level of limited-time-in-a-day. Where Persona 3 is menu driven, High School dreams works more like many third person RPGs/TPSs (Third Person Socializers, duh ^_~). There are customization options for you room/clothes/hair/accessories/makeup with the intention that you pickup more choices from the mall.

The script is well written and sufficiently varied to suit a "grown-up". There is wit, sarcasm, & humor. So far the game consists of dialogs, walking around talking to people, walking around to find people, places, things, shopping, a running hidden-objects-lite minigame, some other guitar hero-lite mini games. In three in game days, I made some friends, when shopping, found things/places, had a date, had a sleepover.

The voice acting is quite enjoyable. While the graphics won't wow you, they have a bright and consistent look that suits the game. I do suspect they are 1024x768 though. No aliasing annoyances. The music sets the mood during activities.

It has a subtitles option (in well integrated dialog bubbles). I didn't catch anything that wasn't also written, but I can't be 100% sure. (Sometimes minutes can go by watching japanese dramas without realizing the subtitles aren't working.) It is also suitable for one handed play.

Minor Quibbles: The engine seems to have a little bit of random momentary pause (but not stutter). The UI isn't completely obvious (it's good, but a little experimentation is in order). For example you can navigate with keyboard or mouse. I haven't figured how to run using the mouse. The inital load time when starting/loading a game is several attention spans long (20 seconds?).

If you have any interest in High School Dreams, it's an easy recommend at $1.23 (24 hour sale), and I personally would pick it up at it's normal $5.

#11046 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

Ashekitty: Thanks for that review. I like that sort of genre anyway so the just about $1 price was a no brainer for me, but it's nice to know someone else thought somewhat highly of it so that I probably didn't waste a whole dollar. :lol:

On an unrelated note, for those that (like me!) that it bothers that games you add to Steam or even some Steam games don't have an image in grid view, some people over at Neogaf took it upon themselves to make their own custom images for a whole slew of games.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477211

They even did one for the Street Cleaner Simulator.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7SeUK.png"]http://i.imgur.com/7SeUK.png[/IMG]

Anyway, if you've got non Steam-games you added to Steam and would like them to have a grid view image it's probably worth a look over there.

I know you can make them yourself but I am lazy. :-P

#11047 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:40 AM

It becomes quite apparent that you have backlog issues when the great motivator that finally gets you to knock a game out is the fact that the sequel is nearly upon you. I spent a day before OMD2 getting 5 skulls on everything in OMD1. I've been click click click-ing my heart out in Torchlight. Then, 2 days before Darksiders 2, I realize I never finished 1. Had to start all over, too, since I played it on 360, then sold the 360 copy when I got it on Steam. Oh well, about halfway through, give or take.

At least I won't have that problem with Borderlands2, I've beat that several times.

I am worse. I play the first game when the second game comes out to see if I need to get the second game on sale :lol:.

Anyway does anyone have a solid release date on T2? Forgot I had that game preordered :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#11048 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

Bought Iron brigade, will try it tonight or tomorrow and leave feedback.

#11049 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

I spent ~1 hour getting started and playing 3 in-game days. I the only reference point to something similar I have is Persona 3 FES.

High School Dreams seems to meet expectations in structure, managing activites and relationships on a Persona 3 like level of limited-time-in-a-day. Where Persona 3 is menu driven, High School dreams works more like many third person RPGs/TPSs (Third Person Socializers, duh ^_~). There are customization options for you room/clothes/hair/accessories/makeup with the intention that you pickup more choices from the mall.

The script is well written and sufficiently varied to suit a "grown-up". There is wit, sarcasm, & humor. So far the game consists of dialogs, walking around talking to people, walking around to find people, places, things, shopping, a running hidden-objects-lite minigame, some other guitar hero-lite mini games. In three in game days, I made some friends, when shopping, found things/places, had a date, had a sleepover.

The voice acting is quite enjoyable. While the graphics won't wow you, they have a bright and consistent look that suits the game. I do suspect they are 1024x768 though. No aliasing annoyances. The music sets the mood during activities.

It has a subtitles option (in well integrated dialog bubbles). I didn't catch anything that wasn't also written, but I can't be 100% sure. (Sometimes minutes can go by watching japanese dramas without realizing the subtitles aren't working.) It is also suitable for one handed play.

Minor Quibbles: The engine seems to have a little bit of random momentary pause (but not stutter). The UI isn't completely obvious (it's good, but a little experimentation is in order). For example you can navigate with keyboard or mouse. I haven't figured how to run using the mouse. The inital load time when starting/loading a game is several attention spans long (20 seconds?).

If you have any interest in High School Dreams, it's an easy recommend at $1.23 (24 hour sale), and I personally would pick it up at it's normal $5.

Nice review!

Remember to use the code "PCGMR-GREEN-SUMMR" for 20% off! Only $0.99 that way. :D

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11050 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

Ashekitty: Thanks for that review. I like that sort of genre anyway so the just about $1 price was a no brainer for me, but it's nice to know someone else thought somewhat highly of it so that I probably didn't waste a whole dollar. :lol:

On an unrelated note, for those that (like me!) that it bothers that games you add to Steam or even some Steam games don't have an image in grid view, some people over at Neogaf took it upon themselves to make their own custom images for a whole slew of games.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477211

They even did one for the Street Cleaner Simulator.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7SeUK.png"]http://i.imgur.com/7SeUK.png[/IMG]

Anyway, if you've got non Steam-games you added to Steam and would like them to have a grid view image it's probably worth a look over there.

I know you can make them yourself but I am lazy. :-P

:applause:

Thank you! Some of those look really great.
Posted Image

#11051 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

I wanted to weigh in here. There is a difference between having a "fetish" for categorical definitions of people and, more benignly, someone recognizing that he finds certain elements to be attractive in others and acknowledging that this is typical (but not exclusive) to certain ethnicities.

I don't think it's right to use the concepts of having a "type" and having a "fetish" interchangeably. Someone can have a type, have that be what prompts them to get to know someone in the first place, and then fall in love (or not) through getting to know the real person.

It depends and clearly I can only speak from a woman's side of the line. However, In my experience when it comes down to people who prefer a single type like, "Asian" that is to say not even knowing rather or not the girl is Thai, Chinese, or Japanese just that as long as she is Asian. Is fetishizing them for lack of a better word as they end up being the prime fantasy and girl the person wants to be with.

This can be bad if it becomes the primary motivation for going out with someone,"I am with you because your X" and it is hard not to feel that way if the other person is only interested in one type of a very specific girl to fulfill a obsession.

Like I was saying this isn't unique you get this a lot with people who want a disabled girl because they think they all fit into some kind of stereotype, being dependent or helpless/ needing rescued, so they focus on the girl and seek out the girl not because she may be funny or intelligent or into the same hobbies but only because she has a disability and therefore she must fit into the perceived stereotype they believe.

Sadly being a undergrad in Sociology I could just ramble on and on forever and noone wants that here, But in closing normal preferences is fine the danger is when people become obsessed with only one type or one feature this happens with both men and women as well.

Here is a good article about the issue too:
http://www.yaledaily...ss-than-benign/

Thanks for those articles. In a similar vein there was this piece on Slate a short while back addressing subtitling and streaming video. A lot of subtitling is strictly aimed at language translation, so it surprises me when I see [door creaks] or [footsteps echoing]. The sad thing is how advancing technology can make things less accessible; before the CD-ROM/Multimedia revolution, everything important was written. I remember other discussions of ebook DRM impeding text-to-speech tools.

This is one of those areas I am glad Netflix was forced to change and hopefully other streaming sites take notice too, I know subtitle files are around like 5-10kb's if that. So for Netflix or Hulu or other streaming sites to not offer it is mind boggling.

My biggest issue is with youtube and captioning, it seems while they offer it noone even company's who use youtube to advertise and promote videos on use captioning there.

Technology is a blessing and curse, While technology makes it generally easier to assimilate and blend in with the wide spread use of texting and messaging.

It opens up issues when you consider greater technology pushing towards voice control either with phones, or consoles or maybe even cars one day. Best example is the whole Scottish people and voice commands comedy bits.

Or any number of things like Google's glasses technology and needing fine motor control I'd imagine people will need to browse programs and apps while using their hands and fingers in the air.

Wow thanks for that review and in time with the sale still going as well :D, just bought I had 1.50 in credit and sounds like the kind of game I was hoping for. :applause: Now just to find time to fit in another addicting Life Sim/ Mini Golf sim 8-)
Posted Image

#11052 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:41 AM

Tryst is now available for pre-order at 20% off ($19.99 or $47.99 for the 4-pack).

There is also a premium edition which includes all future DLC for $23.99.

Buying now gives immediate access to the beta.

Tryst is a competitive Real Time Strategy Game that aims to provide a unique, fast paced spin to the established strategy model that combines player choice with unit customization.
Genre: Action, Strategy, Indie

#11053 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

when it comes down to people who prefer a single type like, "Asian"

Right, I agree with you on that, but "Asian" isn't a "type" like "long hair" is. I was just trying to illustrate that someone can date several people of the same ethnicity or similar spectrum simply because he or she finds each individual attractive WITHOUT it being a fetish, even if that attractiveness is due to elements typical of that ethnicity. I don't think it's fair to go from "I find Asians attractive" and equate it instantly to "I have a fetish for Asians and try to get with them due to their categorization, ignoring the person him-or-herself." Rather, the self-awareness of the former can indicate someone who is much more rational and connectable when it comes to dating.

Like I was saying this isn't unique you get this a lot with people who want a disabled girl because they think they all fit into some kind of stereotype, being dependent or helpless/ needing rescued, so they focus on the girl and seek out the girl not because she may be funny or intelligent or into the same hobbies but only because she has a disability and therefore she must fit into the perceived stereotype they believe.

I agree totally. This falls squarely in the latter category, which is why I didn't address it.

Now I'm going to bring this almost back on topic by linking the best dating sim I've ever played, Katawa Shoujo. It's a fanmade game by Americans but designed as if it were originally Japanese, and it's completely free. Fair warning, it has adult scenes that can be disabled in options.

The premise is that after an episode with a near-fatal heart attack due to a previously unnoticed heart defect, you are transferred to a school largely serving disabled students. Your prospective love interests each have a disability, but not a single one is defined by hers, and few of the difficulties you have to overcome have anything to do with them, instead stemming from their personalities and endeavors. PLAYING THE WHITE KNIGHT WHEN POSSIBLE LEADS TO A BAD END. I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys dating sims, especially ones with great stories.

EDIT: This image says it all better than I could.

#11054 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:51 AM

It depends and clearly I can only speak from a woman's side of the line. However, In my experience when it comes down to people who prefer a single type like, "Asian" that is to say not even knowing rather or not the girl is Thai, Chinese, or Japanese just that as long as she is Asian. Is fetishizing them for lack of a better word as they end up being the prime fantasy and girl the person wants to be with.

No, it's not fetishizing them. Beauty is subjective, and different races have different sets of features that are more or less prominent. It's that simple.

#11055 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

Preferences and stuff...

As a male I find it ridiculous when a friend says "xxxxxxx are hot." Really? Every single one? Typically those guys either: end up in a relationship that doesn't work based on a presumption; or end up single and desperate because they neglect a huge portion of the population as undesirable. Actually, those guys often fall in to both those categories at some point.

I have a friend that is so obsessed with redheads, he would rather get shot down by a below average redhead with no interest then talk to an attractive blonde who seems interested.

I find your points on disabled woman interesting and definitely valid, but I would almost classify those guys as preying. They essentily see an opportunity where they assume the girl has lower self esteem and may be an easy "target."

#11056 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:59 AM

lol...what a topic I walked into
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#11057 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

Stepping over the hot potato topic, I will just say that I really need to get around to playing Katawa Shoujo one of these days. I think after playing Analogue and really enjoying it I finally have the inspiration to play Katawa. By the way, that Neogaf thread I linked with the Steam grid images has one for Katawa Shoujo.

On a mostly unrelated but still related to sex and attraction note, I was disappointed to find that Tryst was in fact not a partner swapping simulation.

steam_sig.png

#11058 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

Right, I agree with you on that, but "Asian" isn't a "type" like "long hair" is. I was just trying to illustrate that someone can date several people of the same ethnicity or similar spectrum simply because he or she finds each individual attractive WITHOUT it being a fetish, even if that attractiveness is due to elements typical of that ethnicity. I don't think it's fair to go from "I find Asians attractive" and equate it instantly to "I have a fetish for Asians and try to get with them due to their categorization, ignoring the person him-or-herself." Rather, the self-awareness of the former can indicate someone who is much more rational and connectable when it comes to dating.

I agree totally. This falls squarely in the latter category, which is why I didn't address it.

No, it's not fetishizing them. Beauty is subjective, and different races have different sets of features that are more or less prominent. It's that simple.

As a male I find it ridiculous when a friend says "xxxxxxx are hot." Really? Every single one? Typically those guys either: end up in a relationship that doesn't work based on a presumption; or end up single and desperate because they neglect a huge portion of the population as undesirable. Actually, those guys often fall in to both those categories at some point.

I have a friend that is so obsessed with redheads, he would rather get shot down by a below average redhead with no interest then talk to an attractive blonde who seems interested.

I find your points on disabled woman interesting and definitely valid, but I would almost classify those guys as preying. They essentily see an opportunity where they assume the girl has lower self esteem and may be an easy "target."

If I may chime in as a male gamer who plays casual games, I agree with Sophita on this one. You begin to walk a real slippery slope when you start grouping people by ethnicity and allowing stereotypes to influence things. If you are talking about general things like legs, breasts, etc. there really is the same amount of variety in any race/ethnicity. So if you are attracted to a feature you should be attracted to that feature across the board. When you make the jump to saying a certain race has a certain feature you made the jump to fetishing a group.

If it is not a general feature and a feature specific to an ethnic group (which there are not many IMO), then you are fetishing that group, even if you want to call it something else. It's not necessarily your fault and you may not do it consciously (who we are attracted to can many times be shaped in our childhood), but is still something that can be disconcerting to others.

Luckily as a guy, you are the one usually doing the approaching so you tend to avoid the fetish weirdos (though I feel there are less amongst females).

#11059 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

On a mostly unrelated but still related to sex and attraction note, I was disappointed to find that Tryst was in fact not a partner swapping simulation.

Maybe they'll be the latest in a recent string of devs to host a key party on r/gaming and we can get free copies.

#11060 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:19 AM

If I may chime in as a male gamer who plays casual games, I agree with Sophita on this one. You begin to walk a real slippery slope when you start grouping people by ethnicity and allowing stereotypes to influence things. If you are talking about general things like legs, breasts, etc. there really is the same amount of variety in any race/ethnicity.

No, there's not; but more importantly, things like general facial structure are different between the average chinese woman and the average french woman, for example. Obviously if someone says "x group is hot" they're not talking about literally every person in that group, but what they generally notice.

#11061 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:22 AM

Can we please not?

#11062 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

0_0

#11063 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:27 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Uhh this all started cause of High School Dreams? Damn that sale. I forgot who posted this (or really care to find it in the thread), but there was an individual while posting torrent links to some eroge game went out of his way to explain his preference for Asian women and not being a 'weebo.' Did anyone ask him why he liked asian women? Why the hell did he post that? Regardless it was funny to see a random post like that. All I can say on the original subject is that its pretty much a stereotype that any male geek/techy/otaku will be attracted to 'Asians.' I think this stems from their pursuit of their hobbies/past time coincided when their sexual identities were forming. Thus a 12-13 year old male is more likely to explore 'Asian-esque' sexual themes when their main past time deeply roots within a 'asian' culture. Of course this is strictly just my opinion and assumption.

Anyone tried Heros Academy? Thought I was going to pick it up on day one, but not sure after watching 'WTF is' episode on it. Looks interesting, but if the pacing is that slow...maybe I should spend $5 else where.

lol...what a topic I walked into

My thoughts exactly...wonder why I responded.

#11064 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:27 AM

Thanks for the review! for .99 cents after the coupon I couldn't resist and picked it up.

Think you're good at Fantasy Sports? Check out Fanduel where you can play daily to win money on Fantasy Sports!

https://www.fanduel....jimbodan&cnl=da

fs_pc.png

#11065 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

Can we please not?

I agree. Any ethnic/racial fetishizers please PM if you want to keep defending your point. This is a game thread.

Speaking of game, that Tryst gameplay video doesn't do much for me, sexually or otherwise. Also, is there a volume control on trailers on steam? I just see sound off/on.

Furthermore, Steam could use a giant upgrade. I find it easier to browse their catalog on the site than in the client. Not good.

#11066 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:38 AM

I like girls

Bad price on the double find bundle. If you're on the fence just wait. Amazon sells it as well (steam keys)

#11067 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

I agree. Any ethnic/racial fetishizers please PM if you want to keep defending your point. This is a game thread.

Speaking of game, that Tryst gameplay video doesn't do much for me, sexually or otherwise. Also, is there a volume control on trailers on steam? I just see sound off/on.

Furthermore, Steam could use a giant upgrade. I find it easier to browse their catalog on the site than in the client. Not good.

I almost always use the store in Chrome rather than in the client because it's so much faster. The client is basically for launching games and a little bit of the community stuff. Often I'll click on a game's store link to look up more info then get frustrated after 5-6 seconds and search for it in my browser instead.

#11068 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:43 AM

I like girls

GET OUT!

You know what we should all talk about? Video games... So who agrees that English Country Tune is a terrible name for a game? Because guess what, it is and it is a puzzle game.

#11069 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:50 AM

I almost always use the store in Chrome rather than in the client because it's so much faster. The client is basically for launching games and a little bit of the community stuff. Often I'll click on a game's store link to look up more info then get frustrated after 5-6 seconds and search for it in my browser instead.

Yeah, but their interface and client SHOULD be their main selling point for content. I mean having to buy things individually if you want multiple copies. No tabbing, so super slow loading to and from the screens. I love to browse store just for random stuff, but their categories are so broad and non descript and their interface is bad I never do it with steam. I just keep an ear out here for any cool sounding/new games as I don't have the patience. I think gamersgate to me has the best interface for casual game browsing in search of odd or new games to buy.

GET OUT!

You know what we should all talk about? Video games... So who agrees that English Country Tune is a terrible name for a game? Because guess what, it is and it is a puzzle game.

It's a pretty horrible title. It makes me want to avoid the game even though I like puzzlers. I hate english country tunes. On the otherhand I love women with british accents... oh wait... close that can of worms...

#11070 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:51 AM

Can we please not?

Posted Image

MARS