Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#11071 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

I didn't even bother to click through to the Double-Fine Bundle since I already own everything in it, but since people have mentioned it, I'll add my two cents. I'd think it should be expected that the discount today isn't as good as when it was featured as a temporary sale during the Summer Sale. If the semi-annual big sales were no better than daily deals, they wouldn't be events. Surely there are people who missed it during the big sale and would benefit from buying some of the games now.

On the otherhand I love women with british accents... oh wait... close that can of worms...

See, you meant to say that you appreciate hearing a female voice with a British accent. Then you're fine. ;)

#11072 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

Now I'm going to bring this almost back on topic by linking the best dating sim I've ever played, Katawa Shoujo. It's a fanmade game by Americans but designed as if it were originally Japanese, and it's completely free. Fair warning, it has adult scenes that can be disabled in options

Oh, thanks for that recommend, I've had a mild interest in seeing what dating sims are about. Normally the yankee origin of that would have made me pass, but with your recommend... That reminds me of the most singular low involving a dating sim I've seen in any Japanese TV/Movie was in Chonmage Purin where one guy was playing some dating sim, mid-morning, at work (in the typical room-of-desks, 4 feet of desk per person).

I have a friend that is so obsessed with redheads, he would rather get shot down by a below average redhead with no interest then talk to an attractive blonde who seems interested.

This is completely normal. I'm sorry that you cannot see us for what we are. There was a paper around 10 years ago that tried to examine why MCR1 mutation (redhead) spread so well since the only advantage it offers is being able to produce vitamin D with less sunlight. It concluded that it must have spread due to sexual attractiveness. France however has far far fewer than neighboring counties -- they burned all of us for being witches. What's wrong with being a witch? ^_~

Luckily as a guy, you are the one usually doing the approaching so you tend to avoid the fetish weirdos (though I feel there are less amongst females).

>.> Gotta talk to a guy to figure if he satisfies my intelligent/curious fetish.

Uhh this all started cause of High School Dreams? Damn that sale. I forgot who posted this

That was me. I thought it looked interesting, so I posted, bought it, and reviewed it. (I know totally smacks of effort, right?) And as a bit of poke at the Coconut Queen thing. I also figured a few specific CAGs would be interested.

Furthermore, Steam could use a giant upgrade. I find it easier to browse their catalog on the site than in the client. Not good.

Yeah, I don't browse the store on it anymore either, strictly website now days. I only use it for actual game managment, wishlist and purchases (I clear my cookies regularly, and re-authing via email code it too much hassle). Playing videos from the steam client has also been badly broken for a few months (stuttervision if backgrounded/fullscreen) as reported by myself and a few others.

#11073 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

I'm married, so naturally I find every other woman on the planet besides my wife unattractive.

I almost always use the store in Chrome rather than in the client because it's so much faster. The client is basically for launching games and a little bit of the community stuff. Often I'll click on a game's store link to look up more info then get frustrated after 5-6 seconds and search for it in my browser instead.

I'm the same way- I use Chrome more than the client. Though lately I don't even use the client to open games. I just use the icon on my desktop. The only thing I use the client for lately is to install games. Other than that I find it useless.

Edited by Frithsblessing, 14 August 2012 - 04:23 AM.

Posted Image

#11074 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:19 AM

Sniper Elite V2 is $17.99 at getgamesgo.com

Highly recommend it. (yes it is steam)

#11075 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:25 AM

The more I stare at the Indie Royale price holding fast around $5.50, the more I think I'll just end up paying eight bucks to get the album with it.

I guess that people as a whole have abandoned the courtesy of paying a penny above the minimum for the good of their consumer brethren.

#11076 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:33 AM

Sniper Elite V2 is $17.99 at getgamesgo.com

Highly recommend it. (yes it is steam)

Been seeing that site a lot lately, is that site reputable? Also, really want to try Mafia 2 which is apparently on sale on getgamesgo for $8.99. Is this a good price or could I find a better price waiting? Only reason I want to play Mafia 2 is after playing LA noire for the last couple of days I just want a much more action oriented game in similar setting.

#11077 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

EDIT: I just read the rest of the pages. I started it by mentioning that I like Asian women. My post was deleted a while ago because I made mention of some erotic games in response to High School Dreams and some freeware torrents. I don't find all Asians attractive, for the record. ;) And I've played Katawa Shoujo as well. That picture is great.

Also...I haven't been keeping up with the thread much, but I noticed Unmechanical go up on Steam. This game looks great; a true spiritual successor to Machinarium with pseudo-3D backgrounds and a fair bit more of platforming mixed in with the puzzle-solving. It's 10% off for $8.99 right now, but it's definitely going on my wishlist for the Winter Sale. :D

Edited by Blade, 14 August 2012 - 05:17 AM.

Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#11078 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

Been seeing that site a lot lately, is that site reputable? Also, really want to try Mafia 2 which is apparently on sale on getgamesgo for $8.99. Is this a good price or could I find a better price waiting? Only reason I want to play Mafia 2 is after playing LA noire for the last couple of days I just want a much more action oriented game in similar setting.

Well I've never ordered from them personally, but they are a legit UK retailer and I havent ever seen anyone report any problems with the store.

Amazon is having a labor day sale so there is a chance they might hit amazon sale prices again ($14.99 and $7.49 I think), but it is a gamble. Otherwise just wait or wait for the steam sale in winter.

#11079 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:15 AM

What happend to CAN WE NOT?

GetGamesGo is fine. I've bought several things from them. All Steam stuff. You get a key plug it in and are good to go. As with any international site your credit card company may not like it so you may be better off just doing paypal.

steam_sig.png

#11080 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:34 AM

I browse Steam on Chrome.
Decided I'm more interested in other games than High School Dreams.
I thought the Tune game was an adventure based on the name.
I'm currently an able-bodied gamer, though horrible at shooters.
Am I all caught up? Please no more fetish talk.

Edited by pantsattack, 14 August 2012 - 06:01 AM.

#11081 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:56 AM

Oh, thanks for that recommend, I've had a mild interest in seeing what dating sims are about. Normally the yankee origin of that would have made me pass, but with your recommend... That reminds me of the most singular low involving a dating sim I've seen in any Japanese TV/Movie was in Chonmage Purin where one guy was playing some dating sim, mid-morning, at work (in the typical room-of-desks, 4 feet of desk per person).

Katawa Shoujo is not a dating sim. Usually dating sims involve more rpg-like stats (love, intelligence, etc), or some sort of more in-depth interaction. Katawa Shoujo, on the other hand, is just a plain old visual novel.

#11082 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

From now til 17 August, you can now download Build-a-lot 2: Town of the Year for free at GameFly but the site is currently down for maintenance.

#11083 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

Crap. I bought a hard copy of 3-D Hunting 2010 because the slipcover says "you must accept the SSA" but this title doesn't appear to require Steam. Damn you Kalypso and your sloppy... something.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#11084 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

Darksiders 2 is fun so far. Shitty port for the most part though. At least the videos aren't in 480p or whatever it was like the first game though. Only Res and Vsync options. Inventory is hilariously low rez, and the UI does not scale well to resolution changes. Here's hoping they patch it.

The music really caught me off guard, it's rather excellent.

#11085 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

Darksiders 2 is fun so far. Shitty port for the most part though. At least the videos aren't in 480p or whatever it was like the first game though. Only Res and Vsync options. Inventory is hilariously low rez, and the UI does not scale well to resolution changes. Here's hoping they patch it.

I knew it would be...lol

From what Ive seen from sleeping dogs its mostly ok, menus and stuff dont work with mouse which is horrible.
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#11086 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

eastx hasn't posted here in quite a while, I am just quoting this so he sees it perhaps.

If he needs, know he can easily pawn it off on one of us if he wants.

I nominate Broly.

All the Double Fine Games are very good. That price however, is not.

I've been trying to unload costume quest by itself for $3 forever without much luck.

Sorry, already bought it for 1.29. :bouncy:

Nice review!

Remember to use the code "PCGMR-GREEN-SUMMR" for 20% off! Only $0.99 that way. :D

hmmmmm, or this
Posted Image

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#11087 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

I nominate Broly.

Sorry, already bought it for 1.29. :bouncy:

hmmmmm, or this
Posted Image

where can I buy taht
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#11088 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

I nominate Broly.

I actually did post just the other day. I just can't post every day due to my busy schedule. What's needing to be done that I'm missing?

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#11089 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:06 AM

The inventory/UI and the outdoor shadows are the sore points so far, graphically. Fun game though. Basically Darksiders 1 (!) with some Prince of Persia 2008 thrown in, and a dash of color-coded-by-rarity loot whoring.
I will say, it's more fun getting random loot than picking up a scripted item that everyone who plays the game will get. I look forward to opening every chest to see what goodies pop out. Seems to be quite a variety in models from item to item as well. I also approve of the overhead number spam, being able to see the health bar of your target, and smashing things in the face with giant over-sized hammers.

#11090 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

I actually did post just the other day. I just can't post every day due to my busy schedule. What's needing to be done that I'm missing?

Shrike wants you to create a new thread.

#11091 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

Shrike wants you to create a new thread.

Thanks. Will do!

-Paul Acevedo

#11092 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

last post!

#11093 paulcalypse

paulcalypse

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

New Team Fortress 2 update this week!

http://www.teamfortress.com/mvm/

TyranitarJr.png

#11094 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

dont really like TF2 but at least they allow 6 player coop, might check it out

#11095 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

V5 thread is live here. Thanks everybody!

-Paul Acevedo