Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#151 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

Wasn't Alice $4.99?

I get the sense that he's in a different territory from his post.

#152 Triggerhappy14

Triggerhappy14

Hey, what's going on?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

Does anyone know if Steam has a product activation limit or throttle? I was activating a ton of stuff and now it is showing invalid key for everything (even though the keys are valid steam keys).

Steam is just down right now. I can't even buy Costume Quest or vote in the Community Vote. Try again later.

#153 Computersnacks

Computersnacks

All Snack Everything!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

I don't have a horse in this race. I'll vote for Krater as soon as the mobile app loads up. I'm too lazy to go through the whole double verification to sign in on my work computer :P

#154 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

I'm just bummed that Arkham Asylum isn't down to the $5 that it was during the holiday sale. It's only $1.something more now, but it's just a bummer to me.

I have absolutely no interest in Gotham City Imposters, so the bundle has no value to me.

#155 mrwogs2

mrwogs2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

Anyone else having trouble connecting to Steam? The store, News, and community pages are blank.

#156 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

I for one is relieved that Batmans came on sale again. Missed it this weekend.

Heh, my friend will be happy as well. I swear, every night after he's gone to bed, either a flash deal or community vote comes up with something he wants. Arkham City and Fallout: New Vegas were both things he'd really been holding out for, but they both went on sale literally the sale after he logged out for the night.

#157 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

Was thinking of maybe getting Quinn DLC, but then heard about the horror stories on the activation of the DLC through GFWL. I don't want to pay money for that.

Was also thinking possibly getting Crysis 2. But then I think its EA and it doesn't have achievements. IDK. Anyone recommend Crysis 2 really fast?

Prolly pickup stacking, though.
Voted Krater. I'd pick it up for 7.50, even if it is kinda broken. Anything to ward off D3.

#158 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

So is the Ys game in the indie bundle worth five dollars? What's it like? (beyond being an arpg...at least, that's what it looks like in the video).

I'd definitely say yes if you enjoy action RPGs. The gameplay video shows exactly how it plays.

#159 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

I'm just bummed that Arkham Asylum isn't down to the $5 that it was during the holiday sale. It's only $1.something more now, but it's just a bummer to me.

I have absolutely no interest in Gotham City Imposters, so the bundle has no value to me.

Someone in the last thread also mentioned that Arkham City only allows a limited number of installs (and apparently you can only get that reset a couple of times too), so keep that in mind before you grab that. I know that'd be a huge dealbreaker for me.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#160 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Hope the service smooths out in time for the update.

#161 MisterLas

MisterLas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

I own Sanctum and don't care about the other two... throwing my vote for Krater since that seems to be what people want. Enjoy!
Posted Image

#162 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Someone in the last thread also mentioned that Arkham City only allows a limited number of installs (and apparently you can only get that reset a couple of times too), so keep that in mind before you grab that. I know that'd be a huge dealbreaker for me.

Yep Arkham City and Asylum both have the 5 machine limit and 10 activation limit with only 2 revoke maximum allowed(ie, no way to get more revokes either by calling or through the tool). Appearntly it is Rock Steady who implemented and supports this DRM why even with different publishes the DRM is the exact same for both games.

My opinion of Rock Steady has gone downhill after learning about that.
Posted Image

#163 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

on the topic of limited installs, is there one for the witcher 2? i heard some people talking about it in the old thread awhile back.

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#164 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

everyone ready for the next bout of insanity in five minutes?

#165 Ferrous1

Ferrous1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

Sniper Elite v2 DLC Kill Hitler worth it at 3.99?

Already grabbed the core game on Amazon for 15.00, diggin it so far an hour into it.

#166 dreamcaster

dreamcaster

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

everyone ready for the next bout of insanity in five minutes?

Its rolling pretty fast for me now on reloads, about twenty minutes ago it was really slow. They must have called in reinforcements.

#167 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

on the topic of limited installs, is there one for the witcher 2? i heard some people talking about it in the old thread awhile back.

Witcher 2 is DRM free

#168 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

IIRC There was a drm version and then the gog drm free version. But CD Project awhile back patched out the drm out of all the versions.
Posted Image

#169 Golden Lemonz

Golden Lemonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

Sniper Elite v2 DLC Kill Hitler worth it at 3.99?

Already grabbed the core game on Amazon for 15.00, diggin it so far an hour into it.

I would go for it. I haven't played it myself, but have beaten Sniper Elite V2 on my xbox and the levels are pretty long so I'm sure that one will be long as well. great game btw, even if the AI sucks.

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah

#170 Symphonix

Symphonix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

Welcome to a brand new day.

#171 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

IIRC There was a drm version and then the gog drm free version. But CD Project awhile back patched out the drm out of all the versions.

Yes, CD Projekt had stated that the DRM was temporary and I assume they chose to use it for the same reason many publishers delay PC releases relative to console releases: to hinder pirates during the first few weeks-months of the game's release.

#172 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

We're sorry but the game is not avaialable in your region???

#173 dreamcaster

dreamcaster

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

That is the first time I've seen a sign that said a game wasn't available in my region...

I just kind of want to know what it was now.

#174 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

Railworks for Cheaplikeafox.

Rollingskull will say Limbo sucks.

I will say Stronghold 3 sucks. (seriously don't buy it)

Everyone else will complain that Arma II is not on sale and that the 2 games left on Steam that they don't own aren't 90% off so the sale sucks.

steam_sig.png

#175 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

Railworks for Cheaplikeafox.

Railworks is all sortsa fun. DLC is insane though

#176 hhhdx4

hhhdx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

What an awful deal for Spec Ops, should have gotten it on amazon :cry:
Posted Image

#177 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

That is the first time I've seen a sign that said a game wasn't available in my region...

I just kind of want to know what it was now.

its probably the Indie Bundle VI

AnQAzfm.png

#178 ROB64

ROB64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

Anyone know what the unavailable game is?

edit:

Nevermind, I guess it is probably the indie bundle.
Posted Image

#179 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Witcher 2 is DRM free

thanks!

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#180 Sufuma

Sufuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Only $1030.06 for all the railworks DLC!