Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#2191 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

And you have my shield!

you have my batarang!

edit: well you would had I not already voted.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#2192 Angelwatch

Angelwatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

I bit on Longest Journey and Dreamfall. I've got a HUGE backlog now after this Steam sale. Not a bad thing really.

#2193 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

You can count on my steel.

And you have my Axe!

And you have my Bow!

And you have my shield!

You guys just made my day.

#2194 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

Posted Image
Oh dear, CheapLikeAFox, really? It's bad enough Motoki's running around the forums with a Railworks 3 avatar. If someone equips a Coconut Queen or Bad Rats image, there'll be no stopping this bad games fascination.

Sweet. Got Dreamfall + The Longest Journey. Been wanting to play those for a while.

Ah, there she is.

#2195 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

Oh dear, CheapLikeAFox, really? It's bad enough Motoki's running around the forums with a Railworks 3 avatar. If someone equips a Coconut Queen or Bad Rats image, there'll be no stopping this bad games fascination.

Ah, there she is.

Now I'm tempted to change my image. Maybe after I see Dark Knight Rises tonight.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#2196 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

Sweet. Got Dreamfall + The Longest Journey. Been wanting to play those for a while.

Same. Except I supplemented the purchase with a side order of the Syberia Bundle (1&2) for only $3.74. ;)

I need to stop already...

#2197 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I'm wondering about the longest journey bundle too. I'm totally game for the 1st but not sure about dreamfall since it got a lesser score. But then again it helps prolong the supposedly wonderful story. Although I hear the ending of dreamfall is terrible. I read the game was meant to be a trilogy so that sucks it was never finished.

#2198 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted Image

Ah, there she is.

What's wrong with Coconut Queen? :bouncy:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#2199 unluckynumber11

unluckynumber11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

So does Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion come with the campaign that's in trinity or is it a completely separate campaign that doesn't include the original but the features from Trinity?

#2200 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

Now I'm tempted to change my image. Maybe after I see Dark Knight Rises tonight.

The proper perpetuation of the trend would be to have The Amazing Spider-Man's promotional art as your avatar.

#2201 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

...Also does anyone else have any good adventure game recommendations that are on sale?

For a start...
Blackwell Collection
Broken Sword Trilogy
Cyan Pack
Longest Journey + Dreamfall

And if you're picking up Still Life 1+2, you might as well get te quasi-prequel, Post Mortem (75% off).

Lots of other great adventure games on Steam (like the LucasArts pack, Sherlock Holmes, etc.) that have seen bigger discounts.

So I just realized some games that arn't on steam that MUST BE ADDED. Little Big Adventure and Twinsen's Odyssey...

Well, they're on GOG already, so a Steam release isn't too far-fetched.

#2202 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Honestly, the only reason to avoid it is if you would rather get it on gog. Both are great games.

#2203 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

Wait..Hotel for Dogs!! how do they even pay rent..Does this mean there is a Jobs for Dogs?
Posted Image

#2204 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

Any way to get the Dreamfall games to run in 1920x1080?

#2205 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

For a start...
Blackwell Collection

And if you're picking up Still Life 1+2, you might as well get te quasi-prequel, Post Mortem (75% off).

Added both of those. and is it better if i play Post Mortem first than Still Life then or does it not matter?

Also I keep wanting to add Broken sword but apparently everyone in the forums keeps talking about how the new like directors cut takes things out. So may just go with GoG who I think has the original included or is it not that big of a deal as the fans make it out to be?
Posted Image

#2206 Poorleno

Poorleno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

This is a classy move by the Dead Island developers. From their FB page.

"Steam has put Dead Island in today's Community Choice vote (66% off). If you missed out on the Daily Deal last weekend, here's your chance to vote for another deal. No hats included.

Even if we don't win today's vote, we hope you give the winner a chance!"
Posted Image

#2207 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

Ah, there she is.

I've been missed! :grouphug:

Same. Except I supplemented the purchase with a side order of the Syberia Bundle (1&2) for only $3.74. ;)

Already had those. Syberia is a bit slow, but it a great story. I quit in the middle of the first and keep meaning to go back and finish.

#2208 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

Welcome back!

Now leave before you catch some kind of infectious tropical disease. >_>

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2209 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

Any way to get the Dreamfall games to run in 1920x1080?

I think that games uses pre-rendered backgrounds which would make running at higher resolution kind of pointless.

edit: That might just be the first one though.

#2210 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

I'm wondering about the longest journey bundle too. I'm totally game for the 1st but not sure about dreamfall since it got a lesser score. But then again it helps prolong the supposedly wonderful story. Although I hear the ending of dreamfall is terrible. I read the game was meant to be a trilogy so that sucks it was never finished.

I was thinking the same thing before I bit. But I figured even though some say Dreamfall's ending was "bad", it is a cliffhanger ending for sure. But most people say the game/story/characters are all good-great. So I just dove in .

Also, Funcom has stated in the past that they do plan to finish the trilogy. It's been a few years...sure, but they never scrapped it. They've just been busy with MMO's (Age of Conan) and making a new MMO, The Secret World.

I hope once they get their MMO itch scratched, they go back (if they aren't already) to making TLJ3 and finishing the story. Hopefully, by the time i get to playing and finishing these 2 games, TLJ3 will either be announced...or even released considering the size of my backlog. :lol:

#2211 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

Welcome back!

Now leave before you catch some kind of infectious tropical disease. >_>

Hah, this thread has been ridiciulously fast since the start of the sale. I just stopped keeping up and participating. I really just want to chill with my regs, you know. ;)

#2212 M Polo

M Polo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

More votes for Shogun 2 please! lol....

No, seriously can a man get some votes for Shogun 2!
Steam: MDPolo

A Community & Clan for Adult Gamers
http://www.8bitbrigade.com

#2213 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

The daily deals are all repeats..

#2214 Chalk

Chalk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

Hah, this thread has been ridiciulously fast since the start of the sale. I just stopped keeping up and participating. I really just want to chill with my regs, you know. ;)

Now you make me feel like one of those old folks who go down to Florida for the winter.

#2215 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

looks like just a bunch of games we've seen on sale already for today. :(

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#2216 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

The proper perpetuation of the trend would be to have The Amazing Spider-Man's promotional art as your avatar.

Since ASM has already came out then I think Dredd may be next. We all need to see Dredd. They only need 50 million to make it a trilogy and I want to see Judge Death

#2217 Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Sheesh, they really peaked early for this year's sale. Seems like I'm enjoying the flash sales more than the daily ones the past few days.

#2218 M Polo

M Polo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

I have one game showing up as not available in my region, odd.
Steam: MDPolo

A Community & Clan for Adult Gamers
http://www.8bitbrigade.com

#2219 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Was American Nightmare this price in the flash sale near the start of the sale? $3.74.

I think the flash sales are ruining the Steam sale.

#2220 BoringPat

BoringPat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Are the dailies mostly past flash deals and community choices?