Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#2251 Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

While I'm at it, I'm surprised Sonic has been a no-show during this sale, as well. Where's Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I for $2.50 or $3.75? What about Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing for $3.75 or $5?

By the way, SEGA, when will Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue make their Steam appearances?

Yeah, I was really hoping Sonic 4 Ep II would drop a little bit.

#2252 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

So, should I sell my XBox 360 copy of FO3:GOTY and scoop up a digi copy or just keep what I has?

If you can run it, yes for the modding capabilities.

what's a cag got to do for some morrowind and arma 2 love

I know, it's annoying the hell out of me. I mean I can live without Morrowind but Arma II needs a sale badly.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2253 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I wish they'd put sam & max collection on sale again, regretting not getting it.

#2254 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

So, should I sell my XBox 360 copy of FO3:GOTY and scoop up a digi copy or just keep what I has?

Sell your console copy. Mods make open world games fun.

#2255 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

Someone please tell me not to buy Fallout 3 GOTY for $5. It's sitting there tempting me. I mean I do own the base game on disc but none of the DLC's for it.

It's okay to admit you have a problem. ;)

#2256 Chalk

Chalk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Lol, why is Amnesia still $5? Might've given it a shot for closer to $2. What a fail sale so far; total purchases is still zero. :\

I'm pretty sure I'm close to hitting the $200 mark. Which is a little sad because I'm currently using my brothers computer, which I will be purchasing eventually for $500. I've used 2/5 of the total price of this computer to buy games for it. Even though I don't own it.

My brother knows I have a problem though, so I hope he can understand. :roll:

#2257 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I will literally shit my pants if The Longest Journey or The Next Big Thing Wins (I voted for The Longest Journey).

We're holding you to your word.

#2258 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

On the plus side, this means only Jurassic Park for me today, unless by some miracle they have good flash sales. I'm not holding my breath though.

Don't forget that when these games are dailies, their franchises usually go up for sale too. So Gratuitous Space Battles is on sale, Fallout 3 GOTY is on sale, etc.
Posted Image

#2259 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Was American Nightmare this price in the flash sale near the start of the sale? $3.74.

I think the flash sales are ruining the Steam sale.

Yes, that's what I paid for it at that time.

In before someone predicts that every day between now and the 23rd, there will be at least 10 posts in this thread decrying the mystery sale game that is inexplicably not available in the poster's region.

Edited by warreni, 19 July 2012 - 05:25 PM.

698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#2260 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

I bought the Alan Wake franchise so damn fast! I couldn't believe I missed the flash deal and was holding out hope it would be a daily :)
|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!

#2261 blitztwn36

blitztwn36

hatersgunnahate

• CAGiversary!

Alan Wake American Nightmare - thumbs up/down? I played AW on the 360 and thought it was a pretty solid game.

Also - anyone know if it's 360 controller plug and play compatible? - edit: Yep, evidently 360 compatible.

#2262 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

While I'm at it, I'm surprised Sonic has been a no-show during this sale, as well. Where's Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I for $2.50 or $3.75? What about Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing for $3.75 or $5?

By the way, SEGA, when will Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue make their Steam appearances?

I'd by ALL OVER some Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue, though preferably done up a little for the PC and not just some crappy emulator.

Since there's a fair amount of adventure games and I imagine a ton of people who never had a Dreamcast and played that game I think it would actually do really well.

Also Ys seems to be doing well for a retro RPG so Skies would probably also.

steam_sig.png

#2263 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

The daily deals are no longer exciting now that the majority of them are simply rehashes of the community/flash deals.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2264 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

this made me lol. The tags in this thread are right, we are pretentious assholes :D

8-)

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#2265 alkaliv2

alkaliv2

Wanted to be V1

• CAGiversary!

Fuck yeah.

AlkaliV2.png

#2266 daminion

daminion

I'm tempted by Gratutious Tank / Space Battles -- but the price for both just seems a bit too high. I guess I'll pass and keep trying to come in under my budget.

#2267 That16bitGuy

That16bitGuy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

So does anyone have any recommendations for Fallout New Vegas DLC?

Definitely going to get Alan Wake.

#2268 AFarewell2Arms

AFarewell2Arms

Drop A Deuce

• CAGiversary!

Someone please tell me not to buy Fallout 3 GOTY for $5. It's sitting there tempting me. I mean I do own the base game on disc but none of the DLC's for it.

You are asking the wrong people. I own Fallout 3 and all the DLC on the 360 and the base game on GFWL, but I still bought the GOTY edition on Steam so I can toy around with mods and what not.

#2269 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

Can Alan Wake American Nightmare be play on its own without the main game? Because I already have the big collector editon on xbox and not sure on double dipping the main game.

#2270 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

This has been one lousy suimmer sale.

#2271 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Is Nexuiz really that bad for $2.50?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2272 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

Can Alan Wake American Nightmare be play on its own without the main game? Because I already have the big collector editon on xbox and not sure on double dipping the main game.

99.9% sure it's its own game

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#2273 Jodou

Jodou

The daily deals are no longer exciting now that the majority of them are simply rehashes of the community/flash deals.

Yeah, it's beginning to look like Amazon gold box days on repeat.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#2274 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I never really felt underwhelmed with daily deals until now. Since they are 90% of the community/flash sales it has really become rather bleh. Only thing I am somewhat interested in that I don't have is Gratuitous Tank Battles and Krater and both their discounts leave much to be desired (especially Kraters)

#2275 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

I just started playing Fallout 3 GOTY yesterday, my first excursion in the Fallout universe, and it feels like I'll enjoy it. I was considering getting New Vegas only in the Holiday Sale, but now I feel like getting it now and storing it on my inventory. Why? Because I've spent well below what I usually do in these sales and I have this need to buy something, anything, and the Civilization V deal hasn't come back to help me get my fix.

I need help.

#2276 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Scratch that, Nexuiz has a 4 pack. I'm in for $1.88.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2277 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Crazy Question I have all the Fallout content except Mothership Zeta. Which I believe is downloadable only. I only ever got out of the Vault so I'm in the beginning stages of the game. Is Mother ship Zeta worth it? It's $9.99 on GFWL and the GOTY is $5 on steam. Seems like a no Brainer but I've heard mixed reviews on MZ and maybe I can just skip it.
Posted Image

#2278 alkaliv2

alkaliv2

Wanted to be V1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

For Nexuiz, are these the same devs who designed the Nexuiz FPS for linux? I mean, I know that this version of the game isn't the one from linux but I support anyone who promotes gaming on linux.

AlkaliV2.png

#2279 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I don't feel I would ever play KoA again, I couldn't even finish it due to the repetitive nature and I felt the story and dialogue were in the toilet, I got totally burned out on it even when I started ignoring all the side quests.

The same thing happened to me. I totally burnt myself out on sidequests in KoA... but, that said, I thought the game was amazing up until the moment i got up and popped the disc out of my ps3. i loved the combat and weaponry, and it really felt like different weapons and combat styles were, well, different.

but i was never, ever engaged by the story (which isn't necessarily a criticism, it's very rare that a game's story pulls me in).

#2280 Chalk

Chalk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

I know, it's annoying the hell out of me. I mean I can live without Morrowind but Arma II needs a sale badly.

Morrowind may have it's day when Oblivion goes on sale, which most probably will since it lost the vote that one time. Arma II has had no sign of extra sale though. )):

It's okay to admit you have a problem. ;)

My brother knows I have a problem though, so I hope he can understand. :roll:

Go me! Now I just need help...

8-)

Haha! When I first noticed the tags I started laughing really hard as well. xD