Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#2281 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

Can Alan Wake American Nightmare be play on its own without the main game? Because I already have the big collector editon on xbox and not sure on double dipping the main game.

yes, stand-alone
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#2282 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

I know, it's annoying the hell out of me. I mean I can live without Morrowind but Arma II needs a sale badly.

I've been waiting for morrowind to go sub 10 dollars for 2 years. The only reason why so many people want ARMA 2 is for Dayz (myself included) but 16 is pretty ridiculous.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#2283 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

Crap I've been trying to avoid 10$ games, but the Alan Wake franchise was calling my name

http://store.steampo....com/sub/15407/
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#2284 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Are the dailies mostly past flash deals and community choices?

No, the flash deals and community choices are mostly past daily deals.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#2285 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

I know, it's annoying the hell out of me. I mean I can live without Morrowind but Arma II needs a sale badly.

It's selling more than well enough already so really no it doesn't. I realize we all want cheap prices and that's the whole point of this site but I also think we need to look at it from the other point of view sometimes. A sale makes sense for games whose sales have dropped off. Most games peak in the beginning on release then drop off and only spike with a sale. Obviously Arma II is a strange anamoly so as much as we all want cheap prices it really does make sense for them to not ride the popularity wave as long as they can before slashing the price.

TL;DR if you could sell something for a higher price and have it sell really well, would you lower the price? That goes against supply and demand.

Yeah, I was really hoping Sonic 4 Ep II would drop a little bit.

If you grab the free games and vouchers and such at Greenman you can potentially end up getting it for a decent price with trade in value + a discount. It's Steamworks so it will activate on Steam anyway.

So does anyone have any recommendations for Fallout New Vegas DLC?

They are all actually fairly decent but I would put Old World Blues as the best and Dead Money as my least favorite with the other two somewhere in between. That seems to be the general consensus as well.

steam_sig.png

#2286 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Guys, if you're in the US, then the daily that is unavailable is always the indie bundle for the day. This has happened every day for the first few minutes. Give it a bit and it'll sort itself.

Yes.

And yes. :cry: It's good for anyone that's missed these deals, but this is by far the weakest set of dailies I've ever seen - because literally 2/3 are repeats, sometimes more than once (IIRC).

Well maybe they could announce ahead of time that every flash sale will eventually be a daily (not sure if this is 100% true) and it'd take the sting out of things cause you could choose to just check the store once a day and not deal with these repeats. Those who are into it could still try to grab flash deals instead of waiting to pop up in a daily later in the week.

#2287 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Anytime I click any item pages, it just reverts me to the top of the store page. This happening to anyone else?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2288 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Crazy Question I have all the Fallout content except Mothership Zeta. Which I believe is downloadable only. I only ever got out of the Vault so I'm in the beginning stages of the game. Is Mother ship Zeta worth it? It's $9.99 on GFWL and the GOTY is $5 on steam. Seems like a no Brainer but I've heard mixed reviews on MZ and maybe I can just skip it.

Just be careful with MZ. When I was only a few hours into the game I was abducted. Never got of the ship. Could just be me though.

#2289 Poorleno

Poorleno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I've been waiting for morrowind to go sub 10 dollars for 2 years. The only reason why so many people want ARMA 2 is for Dayz (myself included) but 16 is pretty ridiculous.

I take it you do not need the dlc for ARMA 2 to play DayZ..
Posted Image

#2290 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

It's okay to admit you have a problem. ;)

At least I been buying good games this sale. I would go get some help if I started buying stuff like 18 Wheels of Steel. I decided to grab F3 GOTY.

So my purchases this sale so far are...
Fallout 3
Midevil II Total War
Rome Total War
Thief 1&2
Fortune Summoners
Railworks (the $4 Deluxe Edition)
Stacking
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Monkey Island: Special Edition
Q.U.B.E.
Sam & Max Complete
Alice Madness Returns
Toy Soldiers
Half Life 1
Legend of Grimrock

So I spent $64.5 and I got all of that. Now with that said though $50 of that did come from my GF repaying me for stuff she owed me like concert tickets among other things so it's not too bad.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2291 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

80% of the Steam sale seems to be a variation on one of these comments.

1) Rehashed sales are bullshit.
2) I missed the previous 75% off deal for this game. Good thing it went cheap again.
3) The indie bundle isn't available in my country? Motherfucker! Oh, there it is.
4) Everyone voted wrong.
5) Coconut Queen, bitches!

#2292 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Yes, that's what I paid for it at that time.

Strange, at the time I passed on it without much trouble but this time it's more appealing to me. I think I'll still pass tho cause I've only played 2 chapters of the first game and then got distracted.

#2293 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Scratch that, Nexuiz has a 4 pack. I'm in for $1.88.

I'd like to get in a 4-pack as well

#2294 viksmart

viksmart

C'mon guys we're not even OVER 9000!!!!!! yet .... keep going.
(> - _ -)><(*_*)><(Fuck)><(^ _ ^)>

#2295 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

You are asking the wrong people. I own Fallout 3 and all the DLC on the 360 and the base game on GFWL, but I still bought the GOTY edition on Steam so I can toy around with mods and what not.

Right there with you.

I bought FO3 when it first game out for the 360 for 40 on ebay. I completed it and bought the GOTY, installed the dlc, and flipped it for a loss of 5 dollars or so. Then I bought the GOTY on steam last Christmas for $7.50 but I still haven't installed it.

I like FO3 but this is verging on insanity.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#2296 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

Crazy Question I have all the Fallout content except Mothership Zeta. Which I believe is downloadable only. I only ever got out of the Vault so I'm in the beginning stages of the game. Is Mother ship Zeta worth it? It's $9.99 on GFWL and the GOTY is $5 on steam. Seems like a no Brainer but I've heard mixed reviews on MZ and maybe I can just skip it.

I thought it was pretty fun to play through, but I really enjoyed the whole game and all the DLC. For this price you really can't go wrong.

#2297 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

You need ARMA II and the standalone expansion pack, ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead. They come in a pack called ARMA II: Combined Operations.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2298 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Anytime I click any item pages, it just reverts me to the top of the store page. This happening to anyone else?

Yep, same here...

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#2299 That16bitGuy

That16bitGuy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

They are all actually fairly decent but I would put Old World Blues as the best and Dead Money as my least favorite with the other two somewhere in between. That seems to be the general consensus as well.

Thanks! Going to go ahead and snag up Old World Blues for now.

#2300 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

80% of the Steam sale seems to be a variation on one of these comments.

1) Rehashed sales are bullshit.
2) I missed the previous 75% off deal for this game. Good thing it went cheap again.
3) The indie bundle isn't available in my country? Motherfucker! Oh, there it is.
4) Everyone voted wrong.
5) Coconut Queen, bitches!

6) So how is [blank] (even though 8,000 people already answered this question)
7) Which DLC/what version/Should I get the deluxeuberplatinumgameofthemillenium version? (even though 8,000 people already answered this question before)
8) Why isn't Arma II on a better sale. I just want it for the DayZ mod (even though 8,000 people already said this before)

steam_sig.png

#2301 Arben

Arben

notArtist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

So who's got experience with today's indies? I know I want Sol Exodus, but are the other 4 games worth a combined five American dollars?

#2302 M Polo

M Polo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

Yes, that's what I paid for it at that time.

In before someone predicts that every day between now and the 23rd, there will be at least 10 posts in this thread decrying the mystery sale game that is inexplicably not available in the poster's region.

Probably! I only posted because it had not happened to me yet. I know now.
Steam: MDPolo

A Community & Clan for Adult Gamers
http://www.8bitbrigade.com

#2303 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

would go get some help if I started buying stuff like 18 Wheels of Steel.

You don't know what your missing though. I mean a trucker simulator with a built in Skynyrd station and a cowboy hat on the dash. Where you have to go the speed limit and obey stop signs,stop lights and making sure your turn signal is on all while driving on a virtual freeway...

That's the dream my friend that is the dream :lol:

#2304 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

I'd like to get in a 4-pack as well

I'm going to buy one, so I'll start it here. PM me if you want in.

Nexuiz - $1.87/person
1. Me
2. buckythekat

Other post is here.
http://www.cheapassg...279563&page=424

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2305 M Polo

M Polo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

6) So how is [blank] (even though 8,000 people already answered this question)
7) Which DLC/what version/Should I get the deluxeuberplatinumgameofthemillenium version? (even though 8,000 people already answered this question before)
8) Why isn't Arma II on a better sale. I just want it for the DayZ mod (even though 8,000 people already said this before)

9) Vote for Shogun 2!
Steam: MDPolo

A Community & Clan for Adult Gamers
http://www.8bitbrigade.com

#2306 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Also Ys seems to be doing well for a retro RPG so Skies would probably also.

For better or worse, Ys has the advantage of being a PC-friendly series; both Oath in Felghana and Ys Origin were released as PC games first (ETA: IIRC, Origin has only been released for PC). Getting SoA on Steam would take a lot more work.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#2307 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Son of a mother! You'd be correct. I need both. That puts dayz just a bit further out of reach.

#2308 Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

I'm going to buy one, so I'll start it here. PM me if you want in.

Nexuiz - $1.87/person
1. Me
2. buckythekat

Other post is here.
http://www.cheapassg...279563&page=424

Is it supposed to be any good?

#2309 Poorleno

Poorleno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

You need ARMA II and the standalone expansion pack, ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead. They come in a pack called ARMA II: Combined Operations.

Alrighty, and thanks for the heads up.
Posted Image

#2310 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

Is it supposed to be any good?

You're not going to play it anyway. Come on, it's only $1.87 to pad your Steam library with another game!

453605.png
TheTsel.png