One Piece: Pirate Warriors PS3 £29.95 ($48.14) @ Zavvi.com (Update!)

Joe Fongul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
172 (100%)
One Piece: Pirate Warriors is only receiving a PSN release in the US/Canada, which was released on Sep. 25th. If you want a physical copy of the game, obtaining either the UK/Europe version or Asian version is the only way to go.

Zavvi.com had this game for preorder at £24.95, but the price has gone up since release to £29.95 (Current Exchange Rate = $48.14). This is the cheapest place to order the game from (and I did look ;)) As usual, ordering from Zavvi to the US is an extra £1.00 & you will have to wait around 2 weeks for delivery. Since this is a UK game, for you DLC lovers out there, make sure that you have a UK PSN account so you can have at it if need be. Zavvi does sell PSN cards, so you can download the DLC that way (after establishing a UK account of course).

:ps3: One Piece: Pirate Warriors £24.95

COLLECTOR'S EDITION INFORMATION

For anyone that is interested, Play-Asia has the Collector's Edition available for shipping to the US. The collector's edition comes with the game & a 19 centimeter replica of the Thousand Sunny in special packaging. Don't worry if you order this that you game will be all in Chinese as this version will have English subtitles just like the European Version. As almost all PS3 games are region free, there is no issue there as well.

:ps3: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Collector's Edition $95.89

PSN VERSION INFORMATION

If you don't care to own the game physically & are a Playstation Plus member, you can grab the game for a smooth $29.95 as stated here.
The download is a total of 11 GB, so you will need to have a total of 22 GB of HD space available for the download....

Last edited by a moderator:
Add me to the list of hopeful tanking to the ground. :)

I put a pre-order in. Thank you, OP. At least you guys in Europe are still getting physical releases.

[quote name='apterous']Hmm... Anyone know how much the US PSN release will cost? Also $25?[/QUOTE]

With the exchange rate, that translates to $38.98 as listed in the topic header.

My guess would be that it may get the same PSN pricing that Warriors Orochi 3 did, which is $49.99. Just a guess though, nothing official has been said about pricing that I'm aware of.

EDIT: also, one really weird thing I came across is that Play-Asia has the US version up for pre-order: http://www.play-asia.com/One_Piece_Pirate_Warriors/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-4prb.html I guess they didn't get the memo lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AsherFischell']Anyone thinking of doing this should be aware that Zavvi and The Hut are absolutely notorious for lost/unshipped items and horrendous customer service. Their prices are lower than most other UK retailers, but you get what you pay for. Buy with caution.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I've never used them before. I might have to take that into consideration and place an order with 365games instead (have good experiences with them.)

If it's the same price go with 365 for their better service. Zavvi will always refund for a lost item, though, and this just comes in a standard case, so it's not like it will get damaged at least.

Also, for anyone who decides to pre-order this despite the risks, if you put in the code ZV15725189 under referrer code when you first sign up (not the add a discount thing) you'll get 5% off of your first order. Not sure how long that's active, but it works today.

[quote name='antlp89']Can you play this game with Japanese voices and English subtitles?[/QUOTE]

I think that's the only way you can play this game. I dont think there is going to be english voices for this game.

[quote name='antlp89']Can you play this game with Japanese voices and English subtitles?[/QUOTE]

What the above poster said.. I heard that's why it's being released as a digital download only, like Warriors Orochi 3. I hear Sony America doesn't allow physical copies unless it's dubbed in English. I guess they have special negotiations with Sega for Yakuza.. maybe since it's an exclusive? No idea since this game is exclusive to PS3 as well.

Sweet, thanks for the info guys.

For some reason I prefer the Japanese voices over the American dub. Usually for anime I like the English dub (ex. Cowboy Bebop) but One Piece sounds much better in Japanese in my opinion.

[quote name='barrit']They are also getting a Collector's Edition, but I have not seen it on any site except this one:

http://multiplayer.com/videogiochi/playstation-3/one-piece-pirate-warriors-collector-s-edition.html

Anyone know if it's just being released in a certain part of the Europe?[/QUOTE]

The Limited Edition is not being released in the UK as the series is not popular there like it is in Europe. It is available for shipping to the US from Amazon Germany. With Amazon UK, France & Spain, there are restrictions for shipping video games to the US, but there are no restrictions with either Amazon Italy or Amazon Germany. The only issue is the price compared to the standard edition, but I would say this would be collector's item that you won't find on the shelves of a Best Buy after 6 months for half off ;)

I will update the OP with this information for any interested parties of course :)

[quote name='AsherFischell']Anyone thinking of doing this should be aware that Zavvi and The Hut are absolutely notorious for lost/unshipped items and horrendous customer service. Their prices are lower than most other UK retailers, but you get what you pay for. Buy with caution.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews168425.html[/QUOTE]

I did have an issue with Zavvi in the past (as they did lose a game for me personally that I had to wait the long 30 day period to get a refund on). However, they have stepped up their international delivery as of late. I ordered Virtua Tennis 4 from Zavvi about a month ago and the game arrived in a week to California in an actual bubble mailer with a USPS delivery confirmation number on the package.

My order of Ratchet & Clank HD Collection this week also came with a tracking number & a promised delivery time of 5-7 days. Quite different than the Zavvi of old with the crappy cardboard box mailer and the slow shipping times. 365 is also good though, along with HMV as well for any UK orders IMHO.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']The Limited Edition is not being released in the UK as the series is not popular there like it is in Europe. It is available for shipping to the US from Amazon Germany. With Amazon UK, France & Spain, there are restrictions for shipping video games to the US, but there are no restrictions with either Amazon Italy or Amazon Germany. The only issue is the price compared to the standard edition, but I would say this would be collector's item that you won't find on the shelves of a Best Buy after 6 months for half off ;)

I will update the OP with this information for any interested parties of course :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the restrictions. That's one hell of a price for the LE though :shock: It went up to 89.99 euros

I'm gonna assume that the Collector's Edition will feature the English option of the game, anyway, since PAL region games feature multiple languages to begin with, right?

Mostly finding it funny that the listing on Amazon shows three languages, all being Italian. :lol:

[quote name='barrit']Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the restrictions. That's one hell of a price for the LE though :shock: It went up to 89.99 euros[/QUOTE]

It goes down to 75 euros when ordering because they cannot charge the VAT tax for an order going overseas. Still it is a pretty penny compared to buying the standard for under $40 shipped....

[quote name='Joe Fongul']It goes down to 75 euros when ordering because they cannot charge the VAT tax for an order going overseas. Still it is a pretty penny compared to buying the standard for under $40 shipped....[/QUOTE]

75 Euros is still over 90 $USD. For those that don't want to pay extra for the "special Packaging," the toy is available separately for just under $40 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BANPRESTO-O...710?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231ff4362e

http://thegrandlineshop.com/?product=one-piece-dx-the-grandline-ships-vol-1-thousand-sunny

I have the Going Merry version of this and it is pretty cool, but if that is the only extra, I'll probably wait for the US PSN digital pricing and get that - I assume there will be cool DLC I don't want to miss out on.

[quote name='apterous']
I have the Going Merry version of this and it is pretty cool, but if that is the only extra, I'll probably wait for the US PSN digital pricing and get that - I assume there will be cool DLC I don't want to miss out on.[/QUOTE]

Is the Going Merry version good quality or is it cheaply made?
And Japan received DLC(costumes, and new missions) so hopefully we will too.

Videos of DLC: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4BDDAE0609D4E84D

[quote name='ckc4043']How much for shipping?[/QUOTE]

£1.00 ($1.56) for the Standard from Zavvi.com

€14.00 ($17.17) for the Collector's Edition from Amazon Germany

[quote name='RPGamer246']a little off topic but does anyone know how much it will be on PSN tuesday?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they've even announced a price yet. Most likely what Warriors Orochi 3 released for though..which was $49.99 I believe?

[quote name='soonersfan60']Is this going to be the same full version? Does this mean it will not be released on disc in the U.S.? [/QUOTE]

It's the same full version. No disc release for the US, only digital. The game will only have Japanese voices and English subtitles, which is why it's only allowed a digital release in the US.

Just got confirmation from Amazon.de that they've shipped my Collector's Edition and it should be here by October 11. Huzzah! :D

[quote name='Tsukento']Just got confirmation from Amazon.de that they've shipped my Collector's Edition and it should be here by October 11. Huzzah! :D[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Glad someone bit the bullet on it. I had it preordered, but cancelled it in favor of just getting the game from Zavvi. I didn't realize it, but they also released the Collector's Edition in an Asian version with English subtitles this last week as well for $79.90. It's already sold out at Play-Asia, but available here .

Got my "despatched" email from Zavvi on the 20th, so hopefully I get it by the end of the week. It will most likely come in at the beginning of next week though. I can wait.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Awesome! Glad someone bit the bullet on it. I had it preordered, but cancelled it in favor of just getting the game from Zavvi. I didn't realize it, but they also released the Collector's Edition in an Asian version with English subtitles this last week as well for $79.90. It's already sold out at Play-Asia, but available here .[/QUOTE]
Damn. Kinda wish I knew about that, seeing as how I would've saved a few bucks. Ended up costing me about $117 total. Shipping is what shot that bastard up in price.

Anyone else get a second charge from Zavvi? I have two charges ($38.56 and $1.61) on my credit card. Only thing I can think of is that they charged me separately for shipping?

[quote name='YBX87']why aren't they releasing the game in physical copy in the us?[/QUOTE]

Another CAG mentioned that it is digital only because of the Japanese voice/English only subtitles. I'm guessing that games without English voice work can only be offered as a digital title.

[quote name='antlp89']Anyone else get a second charge from Zavvi? I have two charges ($38.56 and $1.61) on my credit card. Only thing I can think of is that they charged me separately for shipping?

Another CAG mentioned that it is digital only because of the Japanese voice/English only subtitles. I'm guessing that games without English voice work can only be offered as a digital title.[/QUOTE]

There's a certain qualification that your game has to get in order to be released on a disc without English dubbing. Obviously the Yakuza series gets a pass since that's a Sony exclusive. I think I've seen a couple other games on disc that only had Japanese dub. Maybe Way of the Samurai 3?

[quote name='antlp89']Another CAG mentioned that it is digital only because of the Japanese voice/English only subtitles. I'm guessing that games without English voice work can only be offered as a digital title.[/QUOTE]
Though this is heavily contradicted by the fact that Sega's released Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4 and Yakuza Dead Souls undubbed, subtitles-only. I'm chalking it up to simply Namco-Bandai being too damned cheap/lazy to have FUNimation record a dub for it and release a physical copy out of the sheer belief that it'll fail to sell.

It's another case of Namco-Bandai not actually advertising their shit and then blaming poor sales on the fans. Tokyo Jungle and Hell Yeah! both got front store page banners. One Piece Pirate Warriors literally has nothing to show people right away that it's available unless they want to scroll through the New Releases section.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Will the PAL version look ok on NTSC TVs?[/QUOTE]
Should be fine. It's usually PAL TVs that have to worry about NTSC games running on them, I believe.

[quote name='AsherFischell']Has anyone in the US who ordered from Zavvi gotten their copy yet? I'm started to get paranoid.[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten mine, but I haven't checked today's mail. I wouldn't get worried until you're past well over 10-15 business days.

[quote name='AsherFischell']Has anyone in the US who ordered from Zavvi gotten their copy yet? I'm started to get paranoid.[/QUOTE]

From the OP:
[quote name='Joe Fongul']
As usual, ordering from Zavvi to the US is an extra £1.00 & you will have to wait around 2 weeks for delivery.
[/QUOTE]

My order shipped on the 21st and said to expect to recieve the game before October 10th. I'm guessing it will arrive sometime next week or the week after at the latest.

[quote name='antlp89']My order shipped on the 21st and said to expect to recieve the game before October 10th. I'm guessing it will arrive sometime next week or the week after at the latest.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Order shipped on Sep. 20th for me and it also have the expected delivery at October 10th as well. Typical Zavvi shipping, so be patient. If you don't receive it from one month from ship date is when their customer service recommends that you contact them (not one day earlier either....).

In hindsight, if I knew the Asian version of the game would be released in the same time with English subtitles, I would have went that route instead (quicker shipping from Hong Kong...believe it or not!)

[quote name='antlp89']Just got my copy from Zavvi in the mail this afternoon. Can't wait to play this! :)[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking, what state do you live in?

[quote name='AsherFischell']If you don't mind me asking, what state do you live in?[/QUOTE]

I live in California. Also looking at my order I believe it actually shipped out on the 20th.

bread's done
Back