Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

OFFICIAL GOTY/Complete/Ultimate/DLC Edition Compilation Thread (Updated 06/16/14) Now Wiki!

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#61 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:34 AM

Great thread! Kulaguy :applause:
Posted Image

#62 wirtsleg

wirtsleg

moar cowbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:39 AM

Kulaguy,

first, thanks for a great thread! ^__^
second, didn't see this but could you add
http://www.amazon.co...3/dp/B007E5Y8UC?

it's modern warfare 2 greatest hits with dlc. thanks!

#63 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:47 AM

OP do you have any interest in adding the PS2 ganes that had a 2nd release that added bonus gameplay as well or do you want to keep it current gen. Also the PS2/Xbox games would not have paid DLC since many games did not offer DLC that way during that generation.

#64 Ham Salad 360

Ham Salad 360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

I recently got the Batman Arkham City GOTY for the 360. Here's what I found out with it:

- Standard version saves are recognized by the GOTY disc.
- GOTY version does not recognize DLC downloaded from the marketplace
- Standard version does not recognize DLC installed from the GOTY disc 2

Also, I picked up a copy of Portal 2 for the 360 that has a Platinum Hits sticker and a notice that it includes the Peer Review DLC. While this sounds as if it is included on the disc, it actually isn't, and there is an insert in the case directing you to download the DLC from the marketplace.

You also might want to add the Platinum Hits version of Left 4 Dead for the 360, which includes the Survival DLC (which was free), but none of the other, paid DLC. (Although, I just realized that Valve might've handled this like they did Portal 2, and not actually included it on the disc.)

#65 pasolini

pasolini

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

This thread is a great idea, and could save me lots of money with info on upcoming GOTY's too...I bought Arkham City and LBP2 then just days later heard there were GOTY's coming soon (yeah, impulse buying during Gamefly sales will do that)

#66 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

I actually want to pick up a GOTY copy of mass effect 1. I have the regular one and have beat it 9 times start to finish. But since i'll be replaying them all before 3 it would be nice to have the DLC.

I cant find it for less than about 20 bucks new though. Some Best Buys have it on clearance for 7.50, but not mine. And its not avalible online at BBY anymore =( Im also wondering why the hell there was no ME2 GOTY edition. ANyone think they will ever come out with one? Im kinda boned because i wanted Liara as my main love interest across all 3 games for my main character, and Lair of the Shadow Broker is a very important plot oriented piece of story involving her. Also the only way you play with her I think.

Honestly its BS when a company makes important story related gameplay DLC only *sigh*

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#67 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

Also, I picked up a copy of Portal 2 for the 360 that has a Platinum Hits sticker and a notice that it includes the Peer Review DLC. While this sounds as if it is included on the disc, it actually isn't, and there is an insert in the case directing you to download the DLC from the marketplace.

You also might want to add the Platinum Hits version of Left 4 Dead for the 360, which includes the Survival DLC (which was free), but none of the other, paid DLC. (Although, I just realized that Valve might've handled this like they did Portal 2, and not actually included it on the disc.)

Peer Review DLC is free for everyone.

Edit: The reason why Mass Effect 1 had a GOTY edition and Mass Effect 2 for the PC/XBox 360 still do not is because of EA. Newegg has a copy of Platinum Hits Mass Effect 1 for $14.99 :shipfree:
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#68 GundamFan

GundamFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

Nice post! Very useful information

#69 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

Never liked dlc codes over on disc. Munderstand why they wanna do it, but i still prefer the disc....

Posted Image

#70 troy2007

troy2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

Should note that (according to Amazon, anyway...and I'm counting on them being right) Arkham City GOTY includes Harley Quinn's Revenge. Love this thread...I see it being incredibly helpful.

#71 The_Lawlbringer

The_Lawlbringer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

I actually want to pick up a GOTY copy of mass effect 1. I have the regular one and have beat it 9 times start to finish. But since i'll be replaying them all before 3 it would be nice to have the DLC.

I cant find it for less than about 20 bucks new though. Some Best Buys have it on clearance for 7.50, but not mine. And its not avalible online at BBY anymore =( Im also wondering why the hell there was no ME2 GOTY edition. ANyone think they will ever come out with one? Im kinda boned because i wanted Liara as my main love interest across all 3 games for my main character, and Lair of the Shadow Broker is a very important plot oriented piece of story involving her. Also the only way you play with her I think.

Honestly its BS when a company makes important story related gameplay DLC only *sigh*

^_^x KD

The PS3 version of ME2 is basically a GOTY edition as it includes the dlc.

#72 ch2423

ch2423

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

I just picked up Gran Turismo 5 XL and here is the DLC it comes with:

Car pack 2
Racing car pack
Racing gear pack
Paint pack
Course pack

It also has the Spec 2.0 update on the disc so you don't have to download it.

Edited by ch2423, 28 July 2012 - 04:45 PM.
adding info

#73 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

ODST was iffy but I added it because it included all Halo 3 DLC. SFIVAE and UMvC3 definitely should be there because it's the more "complete" versions of both games, IMO.

well AE I guess is fine as that can be bought as DLC (not sure how it appears on profiles and how saves and achievements/trophies work). UMvC3 however is a "new" game.

and if we're getting overly specific in terms of "cosmetic" differences like retailer specific (added text/cion on cover and different upc etc) or reprints.

Tales of Vesperia got 2 reprints. Both reprints are likely the same. They are in eco cases unlike the first print.

many AAA games have quotes etc on newer prints: MW2 has some mention about being the best selling game (I think there's one with dlc ad too), Skyrim has some 10/10 review etc.

Also I don't recall what game, but I had new copies of a game and the case was slightly different. One had the greenish slip covering (noticable when insert is removed) and another was clear. Also the inside of the case had a protruding piece on the inner spine (seen in many dvd cases). Both did not have any recycle like cut out patterns (aka eco).

#74 KingCrow02

KingCrow02

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

Here is a link to the thread of PS3 Greatest Hits that I worked on awhile ago. This link is for the List of PS3 Limited, Special, Collector's, Game of the Year, & other Editions. If you want to merge them that's fine with me.

#75 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

The PS3 version of ME2 is basically a GOTY edition as it includes the dlc.

Just a note, it does not include the "Arrival" DLC. I believe it includes everything else though.

ME1 PH does not include Pinnacle Station, and I believe Bring Down the Sky is only 80 MSP so you could pick it up for free using Bing points if finding a PH copy is a hassle.

#76 Nephilim

Nephilim

Sumerland holds me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

What an awesome resource. Great job.

#77 Nephilim

Nephilim

Sumerland holds me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

I believe the following games are missing:

Shift 2 Unleashed Limited Edition

Posted Image

Actual disc says "Limited Edition" on it. I am not sure if content is on disc or a code.

Limited Edition includes: 3 Additional Cars - the Nissan Silvia spec.R Aero (S15), Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV, and Lamborghini Murcielago LP640. 40 Additional Career Events - Race in Single-Type events with all racers in the same car, battle in classic and modern versions of the same car in Old vs. New events, and engage in Manufacturer Showdowns with racers behind the wheel of different car makes and models.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Limited Edition

Posted Image

Actual disc says "Limited Edition" on it. I am not sure if content is on disc or a code.

The Limited Edition includes: Exclusive Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione and Ford Shelby GT500, plus early access to the Audi TT RS Coupe and Chevrolet Camaro SS racers and Porsche Cayman S and Dodge Challenger SRT8 cop cars.

#78 Nephilim

Nephilim

Sumerland holds me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:06 AM

And this one

Crysis 2 Limited Edition

Posted Image

The "Limited Edition" includes bonus experience points in multiplayer, a "SCAR Hologram Decoy" that allows players to project an image of themselves, a "SCAR Weapon Skin" in digital camouflage, and an in-game Platinum Dog Tag.

#79 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:51 AM

question regarding fallout 3 goty..i have a friend who has goty and i have vanilla, is the fallout goty like borderlands where they have separate install files and can be used in conjuction with the vanilla, or is the fallout 3 goty like mass effect 2 for the ps3 where the main install carried all the dlc? thanks for the info, if that is the case id love to just borrow my friends.

#80 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

question regarding fallout 3 goty..i have a friend who has goty and i have vanilla, is the fallout goty like borderlands where they have separate install files and can be used in conjuction with the vanilla, or is the fallout 3 goty like mass effect 2 for the ps3 where the main install carried all the dlc? thanks for the info, if that is the case id love to just borrow my friends.

On 360 I know that the DLC from GOTY will work with a vanilla version once it is installed, so I would assume it would work the same on PS3 as well.

#81 kulaguy

kulaguy

3rd St. Saints!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:49 AM

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Fair enough, and of course there is a bunch, thats why I figured it'd be easier just to add the PC versions of console ones you already have up. Start simple.

And ya, for SOME games it ends up boiling down to entering a code; but not at all for all. Regardless, like I said, many like to have boxed copies; I for one skipped on the New Vegas DLC sale during the Steam Summer Sale, just because I knew I'd end up buying them retail when I found them for the right price.[/QUOTE]

Okay. I'll try starting out with PC games that also have console versions when Iget the chance.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']There are at least 4 different versions of Arkham Asylum GotY that I have personally seen, at least for PS3 that I know of.

First one is the very original with the 3D Lenticular cover. Though have checked both PS3 and 360 version, the 360 version have much better effect, if you happen to have both versions, check it out. It has 2 pair of glasses included.

Second one is the Greatest Hits version with red label but clear case.
Updated info: Upon looking at some pictures from eBay, this version does not seem to come with any glasses.

Third one is the current Greatest Hits version with red label and red case and comes with 1 pair of glasses.

Fourth one is pretty much the same with the third one, but without any glasses included.

If I am wrong with any information, please correct me.:)[/QUOTE]

Okay. I just added a note that there are versions with varying case art/inclusion of 3D glasses.

[quote name='wirtsleg']Kulaguy,

first, thanks for a great thread! ^__^
second, didn't see this but could you add
http://www.amazon.co...3/dp/B007E5Y8UC?

it's modern warfare 2 greatest hits with dlc. thanks![/QUOTE]

Ah, okay. Added. It also reminded to add the Black Ops and MW3 versions too.

[quote name='clonesniper666']OP do you have any interest in adding the PS2 ganes that had a 2nd release that added bonus gameplay as well or do you want to keep it current gen. Also the PS2/Xbox games would not have paid DLC since many games did not offer DLC that way during that generation.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean like Persona 3 and then Persona 3 FES? If enough people request it, I could do that, though my knowledge of such releases is limited to just Persona 3. Haha. In addition, it was also succeeded with Persona 3 PSP, which just lacked one of the things in FES. Hence why I was wondering if people wanted me to create a separate list of enhanced ports.

[quote name='Ham Salad 360']I recently got the Batman Arkham City GOTY for the 360. Here's what I found out with it:

- Standard version saves are recognized by the GOTY disc.
- GOTY version does not recognize DLC downloaded from the marketplace
- Standard version does not recognize DLC installed from the GOTY disc 2

You also might want to add the Platinum Hits version of Left 4 Dead for the 360, which includes the Survival DLC (which was free), but none of the other, paid DLC. (Although, I just realized that Valve might've handled this like they did Portal 2, and not actually included it on the disc.)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't add Portal 2 or left 4 Dead because its DLC is free anyways.

[quote name='Kenshindono']I actually want to pick up a GOTY copy of mass effect 1. I have the regular one and have beat it 9 times start to finish. But since i'll be replaying them all before 3 it would be nice to have the DLC.

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have been waiting FOREVER for a 360 Mass Effect 2 GOTY so I can finally play it. Sometimes I kick myself for not buying the DLC when it was on sale a few years back because I thought they would actually be smart enough to release a GOTY edition close to Mass Effect 3's release.

[quote name='troy2007']Should note that (according to Amazon, anyway...and I'm counting on them being right) Arkham City GOTY includes Harley Quinn's Revenge. Love this thread...I see it being incredibly helpful.[/QUOTE]

Oh dear. Thanks. I thought that was already in there.

[quote name='The_Lawlbringer']The PS3 version of ME2 is basically a GOTY edition as it includes the dlc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty much, but I wanna use my 360 character. Stupid EA.

[quote name='ch2423']I just picked up Gran Turismo 5 XL and here is the DLC it comes with:

Car pack 2
Racing car pack
Racing gear pack
Paint pack
Course pack

It also has the Spec 2.0 update on the disc so you don't have to download it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Updated.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']well AE I guess is fine as that can be bought as DLC (not sure how it appears on profiles and how saves and achievements/trophies work). UMvC3 however is a "new" game.

and if we're getting overly specific in terms of "cosmetic" differences like retailer specific (added text/cion on cover and different upc etc) or reprints.

Tales of Vesperia got 2 reprints. Both reprints are likely the same. They are in eco cases unlike the first print.

many AAA games have quotes etc on newer prints: MW2 has some mention about being the best selling game (I think there's one with dlc ad too), Skyrim has some 10/10 review etc.

Also I don't recall what game, but I had new copies of a game and the case was slightly different. One had the greenish slip covering (noticable when insert is removed) and another was clear. Also the inside of the case had a protruding piece on the inner spine (seen in many dvd cases). Both did not have any recycle like cut out patterns (aka eco).[/QUOTE]

I'm not much of a fighting game connoisseur, but I didn't think of UMvC3 as a different game from Mv3, just an updated version with all the different changes/balances. Also, I'm not gonna get so detailed to list all the different packaging art. This thread is supposed to be general overview of what games come with which DLC.

[quote name='KingCrow02']Here is a link to the thread of PS3 Greatest Hits that I worked on awhile ago. This link is for the List of PS3 Limited, Special, Collector's, Game of the Year, & other Editions. If you want to merge them that's fine with me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It looks like I got the GOTY editions in that thread, though.

[quote name='Nephilim']I believe the following games are missing:

Shift 2 Unleashed Limited Edition

Limited Edition includes: 3 Additional Cars - the Nissan Silvia spec.R Aero (S15), Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV, and Lamborghini Murcielago LP640. 40 Additional Career Events - Race in Single-Type events with all racers in the same car, battle in classic and modern versions of the same car in Old vs. New events, and engage in Manufacturer Showdowns with racers behind the wheel of different car makes and models.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Limited Edition

The Limited Edition includes: Exclusive Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione and Ford Shelby GT500, plus early access to the Audi TT RS Coupe and Chevrolet Camaro SS racers and Porsche Cayman S and Dodge Challenger SRT8 cop cars.

And this one

Crysis 2 Limited Edition

The "Limited Edition" includes bonus experience points in multiplayer, a "SCAR Hologram Decoy" that allows players to project an image of themselves, a "SCAR Weapon Skin" in digital camouflage, and an in-game Platinum Dog Tag.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... those seem to be First-Run Limited Editions, not GOTY editions of the games. I'm not sure if I should add those in considering those were limited to first run, and should therefore be out of the market. And considering it's EA, they are all most likely codes only.

I mostly wanted to have games that were re-released with additional content, but if enough people want to, I'll add those in and note that it's just for First Run copies.

[quote name='paayter']question regarding fallout 3 goty..i have a friend who has goty and i have vanilla, is the fallout goty like borderlands where they have separate install files and can be used in conjuction with the vanilla, or is the fallout 3 goty like mass effect 2 for the ps3 where the main install carried all the dlc? thanks for the info, if that is the case id love to just borrow my friends.[/QUOTE]

If it's for the 360, you can just borrow your friend's copy and install the DLC from the second disk. Then you can play with your vanilla copy. For the PS3, I don't really know if you can do that.

#82 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

Just want to add to Arkham City GOTY, saw itmentioned that the 360 vanilla saves work with the GOTY, this is NOT the case with the PS3 version. Sold my vanilla copy before I found that out, starting all over again. Not really a complaint, such a great story, but now I want to do AA again before going in to AC. I've got too big a backlog to play the same game a fourth time.

#83 RespectTheChemistry

RespectTheChemistry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:17 AM

Just want to add to Arkham City GOTY, saw itmentioned that the 360 vanilla saves work with the GOTY, this is NOT the case with the PS3 version. Sold my vanilla copy before I found that out, starting all over again. Not really a complaint, such a great story, but now I want to do AA again before going in to AC. I've got too big a backlog to play the same game a fourth time.

So does that mean you have two different trophy listings too? Like one vanilla and one GOTY?

#84 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:45 AM

Do you mean like Persona 3 and then Persona 3 FES? If enough people request it, I could do that, though my knowledge of such releases is limited to just Persona 3. Haha. In addition, it was also succeeded with Persona 3 PSP, which just lacked one of the things in FES. Hence why I was wondering if people wanted me to create a separate list of enhanced ports.

if you want I ca help you out with te PS2 games because I do remember a few that had added additional content with them.

Also FES is a great example of what I am talking about.

#85 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

Also you could add Final Fantasy XI since it had a release that included all the DLC upto that point.

#86 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

Enhanced ports do not belong in a thread for GOTY type editions that come with all DLC. Come on now, that would just be convoluted.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#87 kulaguy

kulaguy

3rd St. Saints!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

I've updated the thread with more clear definitions for how the DLC is delivered. In addition, I've added in Kinectimals with Bears and Kinect Sports Ultimate.

#88 kulaguy

kulaguy

3rd St. Saints!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

Added Green Day Rock Band Plus and Battlefield 3 Premium. Will need to add BF 3 Premium cover art when it's released.

#89 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

Enhanced ports do not belong in a thread for GOTY type editions that come with all DLC.

The thread doesn't seem to be that narrowly focused as there's several titles in the OP that don't come with all their DLC. This thread seems more focused on helping people find the closest thing to a "definitive collection" for a given title that is available at retail.

#90 kulaguy

kulaguy

3rd St. Saints!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

The thing is that there's several titles in the OP that don't come with all their DLC. This thread seems more focused on helping people find the closest thing to a "definitive collection" for a given title that is available at retail.

Exactly. Although preferable to have a definitive collection, as I said in the OP, I list games that come packaged with DLC. This way, people know which DLC to get, or not to get, depending on whether or not they get a certain edition of a game. Enhanced ports may not belong here, but I am starting to lean towards listing Limited First Run Editions, even though many of them would be out of print after a couple months. Anybody else wanna speak up on what else I should add to the op?