CAGcast Crew at PAX - Sunday 9/2 12pm PST

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]The CAGcast crew will be streaming live from the PAX show floor at the Twitch booth on Sunday 9/2 at 12PM PST. If you are at the show, please stop by to watch us live and say hello.

If you missed us live, you can catch the replay here:
http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/b/330878655

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my question: How many pieces of swag did Wombat get so far and how much more will it take to fill the void in his heart?

[quote name='leylines']Here is my question: How many pieces of swag did Wombat get so far and how much more will it take to fill the void in his heart?[/QUOTE]

First of all, Wombat is still in NY. Second, the void will never be filled. Third, we are still waiting on Wombat's full report from Gamescom 2012.

Finally, I would like to know if any more info has been garnered on the WiiU: MSRP? Product shortage due to holiday demand? Etc.

P.S. Did Tai have a blast and what games did he think were the best?

Thanks!

[quote name='leylines']Here is my question: How many pieces of swag did Wombat get so far and how much more will it take to fill the void in his heart?[/QUOTE]

Wombat isn't here. But me and my son have gotten enough swag for 5 Wombats ;).

Really, though, I don't think PAX has nearly the swag that E3 has.

I doubt it affects you guys much, but you could talk about NCSoft's sudden closing of Paragon Studios (City of Heroes/ Villains) on the first day of PAX. Reminds me of THQ trying to quietly close a studio on the first day of E3.

I'll be there!

Hope to hear you talk about the indie games like Vessel, Containment (kind of hidden behind the Games Workshop bookstore on the 6th floor), Code Hero, Fist Puncher (in the Hyatt next to the Kraken Theater), and Organ Trail (also in the Hyatt). The stories for me have been Assassin's Creed 3's lack of a line--they had a lady with a mic out yesterday begging people to get in line for the demo. Seemt to me that, at least among the hardcore PAX audience, there is serious franchise fatigue around AC. Hope you got to see XCOM: Enemy Unknown--that wasn't one on my radar, but that looks really good. Kind of a reinvigorating of a genre that hasn't been approached from a AAA perspective in a long time. The game that I knew nothing about, but that impressed me (and a lot of other people by the look around their booth) was Hawken. To my eye, it looked like World of Tanks, but prettier and with mechs instead of tanks.

I am not a card game/board game guy, but I really enjoyed learning about & playing "Cards Against Humanity." And of course, when I went back to the booth yesterday to purchase the game, they were sold out.

Looking forward to the show to see what you guys have seen that I missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdale']Gotta play the Cags on news song. Girls on film... dooot doot doo doo[/QUOTE]

I love that intro/song you should bring it back :D

Thanks for the Unfinished Swan info, guys. We went and checked that out after the show. I had been right past it 2 or 3 times before and completely missed it. I just thought it was more Epic Mickey stations.

That definitely looks like a game I'll be picking up.

[quote name='4nik8tor']I'm having a hard time caring about any new games this year.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was just me, but anything really interesting isn't coming out until next year. I think the game I'm most excited about is NBA 2K13 and that's only because I'm a diehard hoops fan.

We really need New consoles and Ips, and not more clones and sequels.

I was at the panel but ended up leaving about 20 minutes in because the general background noise at PAX made it almost impossible to hear much of anything Cheapy and Shipwreck were saying for me at least. I couldn't hear a single word Wombat said. So bummed I couldn't really enjoy the panel in person but it still cool seeing you guys.

Harold is an Xbox Live and/or PSN game, not an iOS game - or at least the demo was on one of those (I forget which).

Great show guys. There was a few head-scratch quotes in there: Ship characterizing Nintendo franchises as "different" and CheapyD getting on Nintendo for their iterative design with the Wii U when we all know he's a sucker for Apple.

Is the audio stream ever going to be pulled out into it's own MP3 / podcast?

Or maybe TwitchTV has ownership because it was their booth ...

bread's done
Back