Best Buy's Gaming Blowout Detailed Lists

• Please log in to reply
1092 replies to this topic

#691 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:30 AM

I still cannot believe how many people are desiring Tron. A mediocre at best game that sold like Wii shovelware and includes a cheap plastic prop. I swear I think the world has gone mad.

It reminds me of a saying one of my brother's friends told me many years ago. He said "If I shit on a bun and put a million dollars down beside it, would you eat it?". Guess which is which.....

Women, my wife included, go crazy over $2000 LV handbags, which is not even genuine leather nowadays. If you accept and believe that, wanting a game, however bad it is, and a plastic toy for $10 is not unreasonable at all for men.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#692 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:50 AM

Went to Walmart to price match Deus Ex on the 360. Went to the electronics dept. Asked to get Deus Ex price natched to BB. Showed the lady on my phone an she said they don't price match websites yada yada yada. she said if I didn't have the ad they couldn't do a price match. I asked her if we could go to customer service and see what the supe says. They made her call Best Buy to verify the price but then they were out of stock and she had a look about her like he won the argument, I would've had the same feeling had it gone my way. I thanked her and as I wa leaving she decided to give it to me anyways. That made me happy for the day.

2 online price matches at Wal Mart 2 weeks in a row!

#693 Saint'sRow911

Saint'sRow911

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:58 AM

May have to go try to get a price match at Walmart for Deus Ex as well. My Walmart is usually pretty awful when it comes to things like that though.

I've had issues getting them to match their own ads before, but I don't have anything to do tomorrow so I may do it just to do it.

#694 Shaq-Funaki

Shaq-Funaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:01 AM

Went to Walmart to price match Deus Ex on the 360. Went to the electronics dept. Asked to get Deus Ex price natched to BB. Showed the lady on my phone an she said they don't price match websites yada yada yada. she said if I didn't have the ad they couldn't do a price match. I asked her if we could go to customer service and see what the supe says. They made her call Best Buy to verify the price but then they were out of stock and she had a look about her like he won the argument, I would've had the same feeling had it gone my way. I thanked her and as I wa leaving she decided to give it to me anyways. That made me happy for the day.

Wow I used to work at Wal-Mart as a cashier and I hated the job so much that I would of just price matched.

Please check out my YouTube video game channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaqfunaki

#695 RoMee

RoMee

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:18 AM

I still cannot believe how many people are desiring Tron. A mediocre at best game that sold like Wii shovelware and includes a cheap plastic prop. I swear I think the world has gone mad.

It reminds me of a saying one of my brother's friends told me many years ago. He said "If I shit on a bun and put a million dollars down beside it, would you eat it?". Guess which is which.....

What's with the "everyone must hate what I hate" attitude in this thread?

I can not believe how many people desire Nintendo, they're just for children.

I can not believe how many people desire XBOX, they're just full of FPS.

I can not believe how many people desire video games, they need to start acting like adults.

Video games is and will always be subjective.

Edited by RoMee, 25 July 2012 - 04:35 AM.

#696 Saint'sRow911

Saint'sRow911

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

What's with the "everyone must hate what I hate" attitude in this thread?

I can not believe how many people desire Nintendo, they're just for children.

I can not believe how many people desire XBOX, they're just full of FPS.

I can not believe how many people desire video games, they need to start acting like adults.

Video games has and always will be subjective.

Unless you're playing Aquaman on Xbox, because that game is just pure trash.

#697 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:26 AM

thanks to this sale i played my first sims game since sim city 1. and it also gave me the worst anger and frustration ive felt all year. i should have made a full family of people, watching 1 human and 1 kitten sleep is awful, and the kitten never does anything but pee and ruin my furniture.
Posted Image

#698 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:29 AM

thanks to this sale i played my first sims game since sim city 1. and it also gave me the worst anger and frustration ive felt all year. i should have made a full family of people, watching 1 human and 1 kitten sleep is awful, and the kitten never does anything but pee and ruin my furniture.

This made me LOL

#699 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:38 AM

I was able to get that 20.99 media center today. Having it sent from another store.

Link to item?

#700 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:39 AM

R u in the LA area? If so please tell me which Walmart is so kind...

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#701 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

R u in the LA area? If so please tell me which Walmart is so kind...

I'm in the San Diego area

#702 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Sims 3 Pets is instock for shipping for 3DS. Not sure if it ever went OOS for it's 4.99 with free shipping.

I've picked up a lot of cool things from the sale. A lot of things undocumented... LocoRoco 2 for PSP is 1.99. The Call of Duty headset for Wii is 4.99. Keep your eyes peeled and don't get tunnel vision when you're in the game section.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#703 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:45 AM

Link to item?

It is 20.99 in store. http://www.bestbuy.c...tegories&ks=960

#704 Saint'sRow911

Saint'sRow911

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:49 AM

Just decided to pick this up for my girlfriend lol.

And if she doesn't like it, I'll get my $5 of enjoyment out of trapping a family in a house without any doors. Take your anger out on the stupid Sims!

#705 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:51 AM

I was able to get that 20.99 media center today. Having it sent from another store.

Wondering how that "sending from another store" works. My BB claims they can't do that if the item isn't large enough. I'm thinking, just put them in a tote and tape the paperwork to it like you would a small furniture box, but apparently it's easier to put a man on the moon.

Shallow women, my wife included, go crazy over $2000 LV handbags, which is not even genuine leather nowadays.

Fixed. But yeah, go crazy over those Tron CEs. I'm not in the market, so the frenzy doesn't bother me. I do wonder what those Chinese workers think when they're making and packaging this plastic crap, though. Probably something that translates roughly "all your base will be belong to us."

#706 luckybaka

luckybaka

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:05 AM

why is it so cheap? is it part of the Blowout deal or something?

#707 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:12 AM

why is it so cheap? is it part of the Blowout deal or something?

No.

It's nice! For $20.99, it's a giveaway! If you have interest, get it ASAP! Nice tempered glass doors, too!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#708 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

inFamous back for shipping! Go!!!!!!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#709 macgruuber

macgruuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

got my infamous 2 monday from the order i placed sunday morning. and to think i was gonna attempt a price match of targets $20.
thank you CAG (and CAGs)!

darknite13.png

#710 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Not every store. Still $45.99 and $61.99 in the two in my area.

#711 BowserG

BowserG

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

Lol. Your post made me glad that I passed on that $5 Sims 3: Pets for XB 360 yesterday. Did pick up Steel Diver, Pilotwings, Metroid: Other M, and Medal of Honor for $25 + tax. And so the backlog grows larger and larger.

#712 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

Thanks for the update on Infamous 2! Glad it was back in stock.

:beer:

#713 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

:rofl: That sounds.....uhhhhh interesting. Not really, but it can't be worse than some of the games I've played.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#714 Chux

Chux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

Found a Tron CE sitting next to the 360/kinect display area, complete with $9.99 sticker on the wooden TV Stand for it.

#715 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

My stuff still hasn't shipped... BB usually gets my stuff to me quickly. There must be a high volume of orders or something. I ordered Sunday I think.

#716 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

Wondering how that "sending from another store" works. My BB claims they can't do that if the item isn't large enough. I'm thinking, just put them in a tote and tape the paperwork to it like you would a small furniture box, but apparently it's easier to put a man on the moon.

Customer service checked to see if there were any in the area. She live chatted with someone from the store and they agreed to "shuttle" it to my store since they couldn't place an OMS order to have it shipped to my house.

This was the 4th employee I talked to about it, so it depends on the person's level of competence/helpfulness. :)

#717 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

For those of you looking for things that have sold out-

A couple of my local BB's did a restock today after receiving more inventory on their truck last night. Was able to get the Tron CE this morning and that particular store had 2 more left (looks like one other store in town also got 3+ in). Moral of the story... if the store is sold out, find out when they receive their truck for the week and check back the morning after they receive it (or check stock online).
Posted Image

#718 Sito

Sito

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdive21 Posted Image
It is 20.99 in store. http://www.bestbuy.c....egories&ks=960

Managed to grab the last one at my store in VT for $26.99!

I love lamp

#719 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

If I'm a pretty big Sims fan, would I enjoy Sims 3 Pets for 3DS? I enjoyed both the console and PC versions of previous Sims games, but have never played one on DS or 3DS. I only recently got a 3DS and as of now I only have one game, so I'm trying to build up my library.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#720 LF2

LF2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

To anyone getting the shelf shipped to your store from another Best Buy be careful. I called Friday, and had a store agree to send one to my store for me, and put my name on it.

Yesterday afternoon I checked, and my store magically had one in stock. So I called, and asked if it had my name on it or anything. It didn't, and when I went up there to pick it up they had already sold it to some other guy five minutes before I got there. What a bunch of assholes.