Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/22/12 to 7/28/12) Summer Gaming Blowout at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
1560 replies to this topic

#31 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

I saw the SW:TOR marked down to $89.99 at a local store as well...may be universal?

That could very well be. I know in order to kinda check if a drop was universal I would do a store search for different areas outside of mine and check their clearance link on the BB website. That's how I noticed one of the DBZ games for $20 and a few others that I posted on the price drop thread.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#32 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Anyone else starting to question the value of @Gamer coupons when the item goes on sale the next month for what you paid after coupon? I am specifically referring to Assassins Creed: Revelations ($9.99 on 7/22) and Resistance 3 ($9.99 on 7/20). I think there have been several other similar instances recently.

Sales happen. Get used to it. You are getting the game for the same price but a few weeks/months earlier.

Also, let me know when Deadliest Warrior is free/$5 and SSX/SCV/KOA is $10 each on sale...It'll be about a year or so and in that time I would have enjoyed them a lot. The mag is $1.25 per issue when you subscribe to it for a year, so I don't see the big deal.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#33 Atlantik00

Atlantik00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

Summer Gaming Blowout
Choose from over 100 games and accessories in store and online

See (Currently not working wait to 7/22 when sale starts)
www.bestbuy.com/gamingblowout
for full list of games

source from circular

Pricing good on all available platforms
Put Shown in case someone needs price match at another store

14.99 Titles Shown
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3 Shown)
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City (XBox360 Shown)
Gears of Wars 3
Rocketfish Wired Gaming Headset sku: 3088969

9.99 Titles Shown

Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS3 Shown)
Socom 4
Madden 12 (XBox360 Shown)
Just Dance 3 (Wii)

4.99 Titles Shown
Steel Diver
Metroid Other M
Sims 3 Pets (PS3 Shown)
PowerPak+ Extended Battery for 3ds sku: 2299387

Other titles From Other Threads
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=324986

Is the summer game blowout part of the Weekly AD for 07/22?

Also the games listed is part of the weekly AD for 07/22 in-store and online? Example Metroid M $5, GOW 3 $15, AC $10 and so forth. Your help is great appreciated!

#34 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

Anyone else starting to question the value of @Gamer coupons when the item goes on sale the next month for what you paid after coupon? I am specifically referring to Assassins Creed: Revelations ($9.99 on 7/22) and Resistance 3 ($9.99 on 7/20). I think there have been several other similar instances recently.

No, coupons are just a bonus, the 10% bonus to TiV and 10% discount on used pays for the subscription fast enough to not worry about the value of @gamer.
I was looking for a website for ass gaming, but I found this one instead.

#35 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

Target is having a b1g1 50% off deal next week. Could you match that offer at bestbuy and stack it with this deal ? That would be epic
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#36 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

Target is having a b1g1 50% off deal next week. Could you match that offer at bestbuy and stack it with this deal ? That would be epic

VERY YMMV. Best Buy does not match bundles and they consider any Buy this get that a bundle.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#37 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

Delete

#38 Atlantik00

Atlantik00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

Also the games listed is part of the weekly AD for 07/22 in-store and online? Example Metroid M $5, GOW 3 $15, AC $10 and so forth. Your help is great appreciated!

#39 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

Ugh final fantasy 13-2 keeps knocking at my door. When I'm tempted to get it I pass on it. Should I bite on it ?

I think at $15, FF-13-2 should be good buy because BB also has the extra Novella book with it.

#40 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

Dude! You just guaranteed this thread will go past 50 pages by providing this nugget of knowledge, it'll be full of speculation, ymmving, dealmongering and obsession.

#41 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Best Buy is killing my bank account. My backlog gets bigger and bigger each month. Makes me wonder what their Black Friday deals will be like this year.
Posted Image

#42 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Dude! You just guaranteed this thread will go past 50 pages by providing this nugget of knowledge, it'll be full of speculation, ymmving, dealmongering and obsession.

Oh no I forgot about that lmao
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#43 kmgamer88

kmgamer88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Yes, it is part of the Weekly Ad, I put source from circular.
The ad states its available in store and online but we won't find out until the sale starts.

#44 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

All i wanna know is am i gonna have to stay up late saturday and do my ordering online or am i gonna be standing out front of BB when it opens sunday morning.

Posted Image

#45 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

I want Metroid, FFXIII-2, and Assassin's Creed. Hopefully KOA:R will be back in stock by then too. I hope my replacement gift card comes in the mail by then too. It'll be great if my store is still doing the half off some games because a couple of them are on that list for sure....

#46 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Subscribing...

#47 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

Best Buy is killing my bank account. My backlog gets bigger and bigger each month. Makes me wonder what their Black Friday deals will be like this year.

Black Friday will just be every game from the first half of this year/last half of last year, free with purchase of new game.

#48 CHADSTONe

CHADSTONe

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

this is gonna be epic. :bouncy:

#49 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

Any chance Sims 3 Pets on 360 being that price?

#50 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

Will definitely be getting FFXIII-2 at that price, can't wait to see what else they offer!

125365.png

#51 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

Coupons are a way to give people good deals and clear out stock. They have to move on to the next thing if they don't move enough units. I'm ok with that. Some things have been wiped out or drawn down enough to not shown up again (B:AC, likely Amalur) and the things that have been repeated have been at great price points earlier than other retailers. I've been able to buy, play through, and resell most of those for a profit, inc. AC: Rev and Resistance 3.

RE:ORC and FF XIII-2 must be absolute flops. Huge discounts everywhere. Even Sony Style, which rarely offers anything under MSRP, is trying to get rid of XIII-2.

#52 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

Whats the PM policy on clearance items (if this turns out to be clearance) if you bought the items from BB recently - does it work just like a normal price match when an item goes on sale or do they not pricematch clearance items?

Posted Image

#53 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Definitely in for Gears at $15, hopefully some other good deals pop up as well!

#54 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

how is AC: Revelations compared to AC: 2 and Brotherhood?

#55 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

I am not taking any chances I will be ordering online with in store pickup Saturday night. I want GOW3 finally and maybe Sims Pets. I have everything else I want hopefully we will see more games pop up.

#56 Slappybob

Slappybob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

This is going to suck having to wait until sunday to get the full list :cry:
The Douchebag Porpoise does not save drowning sailors, it just mocks them as they struggle. What a jerk!

Posted Image
Currently playing:
:360: Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands
:xbox: Mechwarrior
:ps2: Final Fantasy X
:psp: Legend of Heroes
:pc: Portal

#57 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

Those are some great prices in the OP so I'm excited to see what else ends up being on sale next week! :D
Posted Image

#58 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

Eh, at this point I'd saying you're playing it with a hope that it ends and makes sense. Then you see 3 announced and you're playing it to keep up. It's very weak in my opinion, some parts absolutely lost me and purgatory type place is asinine.

#59 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

Found it to be the worst of the 3, and the tower defense parts were okay to do once or twice. But I did what I had to do to make sure I never had to do them that much...

Storywise, it wraps up Ezios story and Altair's, but not much was done with Desmond other than a backstory based on the collectables in the game.

#60 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Coupons are a way to give people good deals and clear out stock. They have to move on to the next thing if they don't move enough units. I'm ok with that. Some things have been wiped out or drawn down enough to not shown up again (B:AC, likely Amalur) and the things that have been repeated have been at great price points earlier than other retailers. I've been able to buy, play through, and resell most of those for a profit, inc. AC: Rev and Resistance 3.

RE:ORC and FF XIII-2 must be absolute flops. Huge discounts everywhere. Even Sony Style, which rarely offers anything under MSRP, is trying to get rid of XIII-2.

Who other then best buy has had a sub $30 sale on RE: ORC?

Edit: and I'm pretty sure the MSRP of FF XIII-2 is now officially $19.99 while RE: ORC is still $49.99. Now I was disappointed with RE: ORC but it's tough to call a game that has sold millions of copies a flop

Edited by GBAstar, 18 July 2012 - 05:06 PM.