Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/22/12 to 7/28/12) Summer Gaming Blowout at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
1560 replies to this topic

#61 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

I can't wait to see more. I will definitely pick up the Sims 3 Pets for $5!

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#62 RespectTheChemistry

RespectTheChemistry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

Not overly interested in what is shown in the ad, but as usual with sales like this, I will likely find 2-3 titles I want in the full sale.

Best Buy has 2012 on lock.

#63 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

how is AC: Revelations compared to AC: 2 and Brotherhood?

Gameplay is just as good as 2 and brotherhood (except that stupid tower defense thing) but the story was absolute shit ! I mean sure you get closure to the etzio and altier stories but nothing progresses with desmond at all ! All you find out with him is where he and the rest of his team have to go to next, lame
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#64 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

Gameplay is just as good as 2 and brotherhood (except that stupid tower defense thing) but the story was absolute shit ! I mean sure you get closure to the etzio and altier stories but nothing progresses with desmond at all ! All you find out with him is where he and the rest of his team have to go to next, lame

I've asked this of other people before and never gotten a full answer or at least one that gives me what I want.

I've tried Assassin's Creed 1. I can't get into it. At all. After three re-buys and picking up where I am and such, I still can't get myself to play through it. Is it worth skipping and just playing 2 after reading spoilers? My friend said that was probably the route for me to go because the gameplay/story really is that much better in 2. Plus, I really wouldn't mind killing Redcoats in 3...

#65 Japanaman

Japanaman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

I paid $14.99 for a used copy of Gears of War 3, $19.99 for FF XIII-2 at GameStop which has no Novella, $11.99 for Just Dance 3, $17.99 for RE: ORC, $5.99 for Steel Diver, and $14.99 for Metroid: The Other M. I really need to be more patient when it comes to game purchses. Fortunately, I can still get Madden 12 for $9.99 as I missed that deal when Best Buy first offered it for that price.

#66 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

I paid $14.99 for a used copy of Gears of War 3, $19.99 for FF XIII-2 at GameStop which has no Novella, $11.99 for Just Dance 3, $17.99 for RE: ORC, $5.99 for Steel Diver, and $14.99 for Metroid: The Other M. I really need to be more patient when it comes to game purchses. Fortunately, I can still get Madden 12 for $9.99 as I missed that deal when Best Buy first offered it for that price.

Honestly, the deals you got were probably fine. I paid 35 for GoW3, still haven't played it, and full price for FFXIII-2.

#67 raoulduke13

raoulduke13

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

Do these copies of AC:R include the original AC?

#68 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

I've asked this of other people before and never gotten a full answer or at least one that gives me what I want.

I've tried Assassin's Creed 1. I can't get into it. At all. After three re-buys and picking up where I am and such, I still can't get myself to play through it. Is it worth skipping and just playing 2 after reading spoilers? My friend said that was probably the route for me to go because the gameplay/story really is that much better in 2. Plus, I really wouldn't mind killing Redcoats in 3...

Ac1 is such a skip it's not funny. The find 3 clues, talk to assassin hideout, rinse and repeat gets so boring it's a chore. Skip to 2, read a synopsis and move on.
I was looking for a website for ass gaming, but I found this one instead.

#69 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

Ac1 is such a skip it's not funny. The find 3 clues, talk to assassin hideout, rinse and repeat gets so boring it's a chore. Skip to 2, read a synopsis and move on.

Then I guess it's time to find a deal on 2 and Brotherhood then...

#70 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

Can anyone confirm whether or not AC:R is only for PS3? Would be a great purchase at 10 bucks.

#71 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

:ps3: only. I purchased on release day. I don't know if later copies included AC.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#72 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hope to see Alice Madness Returns PS3 for $15 or less on this sale, need another copy since I sold my 360.

#73 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

:ps3: only. I purchased on release day. I don't know if later copies included AC.

In every copy I've seen when picking it up and putting it back down, it says that it's included.

#74 Saint'sRow911

Saint'sRow911

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Looks like I might be in for AC. And I definitely need to go unload Madden 12 while I can still get almost $10 (should be 9.60)

Not a bad way for someone to turn their $10 promo code into a gift card that doesn't expire if that TIV holds

#75 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

.skip part 1 and read the spoilers (1 is garbage compaired to the others)
.play 2 and brotherhood asap !!!!
.revelations isn't needed as it doesn't provide much in terms of story for desmond but it ties up altier and etzio plus It's great filler till part 3 comes out :)
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#76 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

in for socom 4. that seems to be the lowest for that game so far i think... unless it becomes free in PSN for Plus subscribers anytime soon... then that price is good enough for me.

#77 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

.skip part 1 and read the spoilers (1 is garbage compaired to the others)
.play 2 and brotherhood asap !!!!
.revelations isn't needed as it doesn't provide much in terms of story for desmond but it ties up altier and etzio plus It's great filler till part 3 comes out :)

Ha, thanks. I'm grabbing Revelations since it'll be cheap. I'm just gonna get my hands on the others from GS maybe since I have some credit and I think they're doing a deal for PUR this week.

I guess I'll preorder 3 while I'm there so I can still get the steelbook(assuming they still have some).

#78 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

I'll be picking up SOCOM for sure.

#79 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

I hope this is available online too since I'll be out of town all week. Hoping for both the $5 Steel Diver and maybe a $5 Pilotwings to go with my soon-to-be-acquired 3DS XL.
\\:D/

#80 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

I hope that these games are part of this sale

Infamous 2
Spiderman eot
Golden eye reloaded
Killzone 3
Currently playing

#81 Xer07

Xer07

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

I still have my welcome coupon of buy 2 get 1 free (value up to 39.99), would I be able to use this coupon on top of this sale? I am thinking about getting 3 AC:R

#82 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

I still have my welcome coupon of buy 2 get 1 free (value up to 39.99), would I be able to use this coupon on top of this sale? I am thinking about getting 3 AC:R

I believe so. Why would you get 3 of those though? You could get three different games at 10 bucks a pop!

#83 bigdaddykyler

bigdaddykyler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

I believe so. Why would you get 3 of those though? You could get three different games at 10 bucks a pop!

Toflip?

#84 Xer07

Xer07

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

Because the other 10 dollar titles are just "meh" to me at most. I am hoping to get 3 of those games, and give 2 away as upcoming birthday gifts to play online.

#85 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

I wonder if any Vita games will be offered. I can't stop playing that thing! I'm at the final tower in Mortal Kombat...

#86 Guillermo_IGN

Guillermo_IGN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

Does Best Buy not know about Steam, more competitive prices come on Best Buy. lol
Like price of Free!

#87 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

Getting AC:R for sure, mad i didnt grab it last time for 10$, and i finally got my hands on Brotherhood+DLC on PSN.

Not sure if i want Gear's 3 though.....game has so much DLC now....

On a side note, i whole heartedly suggest anyone to buy Sims 3 Pets for this price. I didnt like the series till i played Sims 3 on PS3, now i love the series and Sims 3 Pets is amazing.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#88 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

I wonder if any Vita games will be offered. I can't stop playing that thing! I'm at the final tower in Mortal Kombat...

I went the other way, started with MK then Rayman and now I'm on Uncharted. While the chapters are short at times, the game is awesome. Can't get over how good it looks, the sound, and fun gameplay.
I was looking for a website for ass gaming, but I found this one instead.

#89 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

It'll be YMMV. Only first-run PS3 copies of AC:R include AC1. And while it's on-disc, you'll need to disc in the drive to play it.

#90 kozi

kozi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

Does the ad mention the 50% bonus trade in credit for next week?