Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#2971 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

Jags still haven't replied since tuesday. Does anybody know him personally? That could get ahold of him?

#2972 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

Titans - 24
Texans - 21

Whew...this game was a freaking nailbiter. I thought it was going to turn into a laugher when I found myself down 14-0 early, thanks to an Andre Johnson curl pattern where he broke 2 tackles and ran like 70 yards. Then on my possession, I tried running a similar play, but Kenny Britt basically got tackled as the ball was coming in. No help from the zebras. Houston scored again on another big passing play to go up two scores.

The Titans were finally able to put a drive together after that, mixing up the run and pass. Jake Locker found rookie Kendall Wright over the middle, who made a nifty juke to avoid a hit while crossing the goalline. The next few possessions were really the only defense in the game, lol. Tennessee came up with a big interception, that probably would have been a pick 6 if Akeem Ayers wasn't so slow. They gave it right back when Locker tried to force a ball to Kenny Britt. On Houston's next possession, Mark Sanchez was sacked and fumbled the ball, and the Titans recovered near midfield. With less than a minute to go before the half, Tennessee played it safe, and Rob Bironas hit a 52 yard field goal to go into the half trailing 14-10.

The Titans got the ball coming out of the half, and put together an impressive drive, eating up lots of clock, and culminating in a 17 yard TD pass to Nate Washington to give the Titans their first lead of the day. Houston answered right back though with a long drive of their own, and a 1 yard TD run by CJ Spiller. The Nashville crowd then started chanting for the Real CJ to please stand up...and he finally did. Flirting with potential long runs all game, Chris Johnson finally broke one, taking the ball 56 yards for what would end up being the game winning TD with 3:41 left in the game.

On Houston's next possession, surprisingly, the Titans defense forced a 3 and out. The Texans opted to punt the ball with 3:00 left in the game, but Jake Locker and company never gave it back, picking up some big first downs, and running the clock out. This was about as close of a game as you can get, with the Titans gaining 369 yards of total offense, while the Texans had 333 yards. The Titans had 1 turnover and the Texans had 2. And finally, Tennessee went 6/7 on 3rd down, with Houston going 2/3. This was definitely a game of inches, with the difference seemingly being the one turnover (the fumble), which led to Bironas's field goal...which ended up being the difference in the game.

Great game, doc. I gotta say, I was pretty dejected with the early score, feeling like I just didn't have a good enough team to compete with your guys. Andre Johnson was impossible to tackle, Spiller had huge holes opened up for him, and JJ Watt just seemed to destroy my offensive line, and my secondary couldn't cover for shit. I definitely felt fortunate to pull this one out. Glad I was able to though. There's no such thing as a rivalry where one team just wins all the time.

Titans
Jake Locker - 11-19, 166 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT
Chris Johnson - 23 att, 203 yds, 1 TD
Nate Washington - 7 rec, 96 yds, 1 TD
Kenny Britt - 2 rec, 45 yds
Kendall Wright - 1 rec, 13 yds, 1 TD
Kamerion Wimbley - 5 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 sack, 1 FF
Akeem Ayers - 1 tackle, 1 TFL, 1 INT

Texans
Mark Sanchez - 8-11, 249 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT
CJ Spiller - 16 att, 68 yds, 1 TD, 2 rec, 37 yds
Owen Daniels - 4 rec, 121 yds, 1 TD
Andre Johnson - 3 rec, 110 yds, 1 TD
Kareem Jackson - 4 tackles, 1 INT
Connor Barwin - 3 tackles, 2 TFL

#2973 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Jags still haven't replied since tuesday. Does anybody know him personally? That could get ahold of him?

Yeah, I know him. Keep in mind "Tuesday" was just yesterday. Depending on what time you PM'd him, he might have been at work all day today. I'm sure you'll hear from him soon.

#2974 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

Well, I would, but no one has clinched yet, not even Chetty. Mathematically speaking, anyway.

I think I have...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2975 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

I think I have...

You could end up 10-6 and Seattle could finish at 10-5-1.

#2976 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

Good game BillyMcDugal! I think the restart helped me out a lot... I found out I shouldn't kick to you that first game. I forgot to kick away from you once this second game and you made me pay by taking it to the house for a TD. That first game was insane though...it was big play after big play for both of us in that first quarter.

#2977 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

You could end up 10-6 and Seattle could finish at 10-5-1.

Ya my bad, I was thinking they only had 4 games left to play like me.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2978 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

Really??? We exchanged messages twice before I went to work today. How is that Tuesday?

#2979 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

Really??? We exchanged messages twice before I went to work today. How is that Tuesday?

Dude am so stupid I just realised that and came to post. Haha sorry haha omg i feel so blonde lol.

#2980 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

Dude am so stupid I just realised that and came to post. Haha sorry haha omg i feel so blonde lol.

lol

Posted Image

#2981 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

N8 got a question. I had a 4th and I believe it was 6ish against you last night with 3 mins left and you were up by 3. I thought about going for it but didnt know how the league would take it. Can u tell me the proper way to think on that situation?

#2982 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

N8 got a question. I had a 4th and I believe it was 6ish against you last night with 3 mins left and you were up by 3. I thought about going for it but didnt know how the league would take it. Can u tell me the proper way to think on that situation?

What yard line were you on?

#2983 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Messaged the colts owner, hopefully we can get something set up for tonight or saturday morning.

Anything just outside of field goal range and I'm going for it with that amount of time left. People need to stop worrying about other people getting butthurt about little things like that. Usually in this league or any other non-cheese NFL league the not going for it on fourth applies to people that want to coach like Chip Kelly (who I love, and think has the right idea in regards to going for it on fourth...most NFL coaches are too chicken sh*t to go for it on fourth) and go for it on fourth and less than four every time..
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#2984 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

What yard line were you on?

I believe I was around the 30-40 on his side.

#2985 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

I believe I was around the 30-40 on his side.

Um...I don't think that's right. If you had been on my side at the 30-40, you would have kicked a field goal to tie it. If you're talking about what ended up being your last possession of the game, it was around YOUR 30-35 because that was the only 3rd down you didn't convert in the game. Honestly, I expected you to go for it. Not necessarily because it was an obvious call (you had all 3 timeouts, so some people might trust their defense to come up with a stop)...but considering the amount of offense in the game, I figured you might go for it.

Really, it probably would have worked out for you had I not converted that one 3rd down throw to Jared Cook on the curl route where he jumped up and caught the ball before instantly getting tackled. I think that was like a 3rd and 7, and that conversion allowed me to drain the rest of the clock. Otherwise, I would have had to punt it back to you with like a minute left on the clock.

Anything just outside of field goal range and I'm going for it with that amount of time left. People need to stop worrying about other people getting butthurt about little things like that. Usually in this league or any other non-cheese NFL league the not going for it on fourth applies to people that want to coach like Chip Kelly (who I love, and think has the right idea in regards to going for it on fourth...most NFL coaches are too chicken sh*t to go for it on fourth) and go for it on fourth and less than four every time..

It also helps if people remember things correctly when pleading their case to the league. Painting an inaccurate picture of what happened doesn't help anybody.

#2986 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Can we propose trades for next season?
Like to get them approved.

#2987 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

I think it's way too early for that.

#2988 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

I think it's way too early for that.

Well me and somebody have agreed to a trade. I just want to put it through so we can both have our players as soon as we can.

#2989 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

Well me and somebody have agreed to a trade. I just want to put it through so we can both have our players as soon as we can.

Yeah, definitely no trade talk yet. We have a trade committee in here just like the other league. Most trades get processed within one day. Waiting till the offseason isn't going to slow anybody down. And personally, I've got enough on my plate right now to not have to worry about next season's trades just yet anyway.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#2990 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Yeah, definitely no trade talk yet. We have a trade committee in here just like the other league. Most trades get processed within one day. Waiting till the offseason isn't going to slow anybody down. And personally, I've got enough on my plate right now to not have to worry about next season's trades just yet anyway.

Alright cool. 8-)

#2991 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

Um...I don't think that's right. If you had been on my side at the 30-40, you would have kicked a field goal to tie it. If you're talking about what ended up being your last possession of the game, it was around YOUR 30-35 because that was the only 3rd down you didn't convert in the game. Honestly, I expected you to go for it. Not necessarily because it was an obvious call (you had all 3 timeouts, so some people might trust their defense to come up with a stop)...but considering the amount of offense in the game, I figured you might go for it.

Really, it probably would have worked out for you had I not converted that one 3rd down throw to Jared Cook on the curl route where he jumped up and caught the ball before instantly getting tackled. I think that was like a 3rd and 7, and that conversion allowed me to drain the rest of the clock. Otherwise, I would have had to punt it back to you with like a minute left on the clock.

It also helps if people remember things correctly when pleading their case to the league. Painting an inaccurate picture of what happened doesn't help anybody.

I misspoke of course. I just didnt want to piss anyone off. It had been an offensive struggle and I did have a few gems on defense so I thought with 3 mins I'm ok...3 timeouts plus if I don't get the first you are already at most just yards away from field goal range. In retrospect I should have gone for it to try and get it but again just wanted to clarify.

Thanks for your side of it and the way you saw it.

#2992 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

I misspoke of course. I just didnt want to piss anyone off. It had been an offensive struggle and I did have a few gems on defense so I thought with 3 mins I'm ok...3 timeouts plus if I don't get the first you are already at most just yards away from field goal range. In retrospect I should have gone for it to try and get it but again just wanted to clarify.

Thanks for your side of it and the way you saw it.

Right. That's what I mean. I think you'd have enough people in both camps to say either could be the "right call". Going for it and not getting the first there would basically be the game. As opposed to punting it, trusting your defense, and making use of your timeouts. I can tell you from my perspective, I was happy you punted...but I also definitely didn't feel comfortable that the game was "over" when I got the ball back. Those yards I got to close it out were damn tough yards, and I was lucky that CJ seemed to run better toward the end of the game than he did in the beginning (not sure if your defense was getting tired, or if my guys were just blocking better).

Like I said though, the difference in this game was razor thin, and I think there were several plays that could be looked at as "making the difference". The catch by Jared Cook that I talked about, the fumble by Sanchez, the big run by Chris Johnson, and my defense finally coming up with a stop on 3rd down. Basically, if ANY of those plays went differently, you probably would have won. My guys just made plays when they needed to. Either way, I'm glad we split the season series, and honestly, I'm half expecting us to meet in the first round of the playoffs anyway.

#2993 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Dang crazy game aganist the jags. Two 4th down goaline stands, I need to work on my guys carrying attr. They fumbled like 4 times which really could have costed me the game. Stephen Gilmore Rookie Cb Int Gabbert with 2 seconds left in the 4th to get a Defensive TD.
GG that was about the crazeyst games I've ever played.

#2994 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Dang crazy game aganist the jags. Two 4th down goaline stands, I need to work on my guys carrying attr. They fumbled like 4 times which really could have costed me the game. Stephen Gilmore Rookie Cb Int Gabbert with 2 seconds left in the 4th to get a Defensive TD.
GG that was about the crazeyst games I've ever played.

Yeah, I had several drops by Mercedes Lewis but couldn't really get much offense going most of the game. GG man

#2995 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Right. That's what I mean. I think you'd have enough people in both camps to say either could be the "right call". Going for it and not getting the first there would basically be the game. As opposed to punting it, trusting your defense, and making use of your timeouts. I can tell you from my perspective, I was happy you punted...but I also definitely didn't feel comfortable that the game was "over" when I got the ball back. Those yards I got to close it out were damn tough yards, and I was lucky that CJ seemed to run better toward the end of the game than he did in the beginning (not sure if your defense was getting tired, or if my guys were just blocking better).

Like I said though, the difference in this game was razor thin, and I think there were several plays that could be looked at as "making the difference". The catch by Jared Cook that I talked about, the fumble by Sanchez, the big run by Chris Johnson, and my defense finally coming up with a stop on 3rd down. Basically, if ANY of those plays went differently, you probably would have won. My guys just made plays when they needed to. Either way, I'm glad we split the season series, and honestly, I'm half expecting us to meet in the first round of the playoffs anyway.

I appreciate that man. Especially after our run in early in the season. Glad we came out like gentleman this time. I DONT want to play you with CJ lol...You have figured out how to use him really well On the plus side I did figure out how to SHOW blitz and pull back into man coverage which, it looked like to me, you read blitz, came out of the run and passed which helped me get a INT and break up a few pass plays which appeared to be originally called as runs. I think. However, you did catch on as I had found a new toy which I definitely OVERUSED a bit and once you figured it out you ran ALL over me! HAHA

Well done sir! See you in the playoffs, Hopefully as I am sure Kaster will attest to, you pretty much have the division wrapped up now.

#2996 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Games left:

Seahawks and Bears
Vikings and Panthers
Colts and Lions
Buccaneers and Broncos
Browns and Raiders
Eagles and Cowboy
Giants and Redskins
Steelers and Ravens
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2997 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

I'm playing the Packers, not the Panthers ;)

#2998 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

I'm playing the Packers, not the Panthers ;)

My bad was doing this on my phone.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2999 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

My bad was doing this on my phone.

No worries. We're playing now.

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#3000 billymcdugal

billymcdugal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

hey I was wondering if there was a way to see if there were any trades done for my team (Cardinals) before I became owner? or if there's a log of all trades either in the game or on the website. I would looking it over and couldnt find anything. Wanted to figure out if I am plus or minus any picks so I can start to figure out what I'll be doing in the eventual off season. Thanks!