Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#3121 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

I said I will take the warning and I wouldn't do it again - but I don't need that tone from you either. I won't be treated like a child. I am sorry if you're pissed off that someone didn't show up for your game - but that's not my fault. Get over it.

Yeah, you said that after acting all defiant to start off. I'm just tired of having to teach people what "play right" means. I think the "fear of a comeback" argument is crap. If anybody actually starts making the game close...then start playing again. It's not that complex.

But a 24-0 lead...and a score to make it 24-7 with 3:00 left in the game just doesn't fit the bill...especially when the guy doesn't even go for an onside kick. This just seems like common sense stuff that people somehow constantly miss in here. I don't understand it.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#3122 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

Yeah, you said that after acting all defiant to start off. I'm just tired of having to teach people what "play right" means. I think the "fear of a comeback" argument is crap. If anybody actually starts making the game close...then start playing again. It's not that complex.

But a 24-0 lead...and a score to make it 24-7 with 3:00 left in the game just doesn't fit the bill...especially when the guy doesn't even go for an onside kick. This just seems like common sense stuff that people somehow constantly miss in here. I don't understand it.

I could have went on if you wanted to? I assumed you wanted the "argument" to stop - considering it wasn't going anywhere. I stand firm by my actions and I don't see them as wrong - but obviously since you run this league I have to go by your rules, and I agreed to do so.

Now it's just getting to the point where it's arguing for the sake of arguing.

#3123 L4WII

L4WII

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

Browns defeat Chiefs 28-17. Great game. Chiefs threw a lot of defensive disguises at me. Forced Brady into two interceptions. I had to switch up my offensive gameplan and use my FB(one rushing touchdown), and my TE Ben Watson(over 100 yards on three huge catches and a TD). I haven't used either of those guys too much this season.

D'qwell Jackson's first game back and he led the team in tackles. Bowe and Baldwin had some huge catches where they just outjumped/bullied my corners, making me miss Joe Haden. Great game CoolIAm.

#Indeed great way to adjust ur gameplan hopefully we will meet up again in the playoffs..

#3124 L4WII

L4WII

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

I'm on a 2 game losing streak not liking the end of this stick..

#3125 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

I could have went on if you wanted to? I assumed you wanted the "argument" to stop - considering it wasn't going anywhere. I stand firm by my actions and I don't see them as wrong - but obviously since you run this league I have to go by your rules, and I agreed to do so.

Now it's just getting to the point where it's arguing for the sake of arguing.

Fair enough.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#3126 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

Just a reminder I will be out of town until saturday. Sorry for missing my games I never really miss a game.

#3127 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

Just a reminder I will be out of town until saturday. Sorry for missing my games I never really miss a game.

You most likely wont miss any games. The next deadline will most likely be 11/25 which would be Sunday. If you could get your game scheduled for Saturday or Sunday, you wouldnt have to miss it.

#3128 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

You most likely wont miss any games. The next deadline will most likely be 11/25 which would be Sunday. If you could get your game scheduled for Saturday or Sunday, you wouldnt have to miss it.

Oh cool I will try to do that then.

#3129 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

#Indeed great way to adjust ur gameplan hopefully we will meet up again in the playoffs..

Was that the Chiefs playbook you were using? I'll have to take a look at that.

That's the first time I've been completely confused as to what the defense was doing. I mean, I burnt you for a couple big pass plays but that was only after I made some major adjustments and the majority of the time I was completely lost as to what coverage was going to be played.

I've been shut down on offense by some of the better GMs in here but I've always been able to use a few go-to plays. You shut all those down on me.

I think it also had to do with the fact that you controlled a defensive back most of the game. You had a huge pick on a WR screen play when I thought you were playing zone. That hasn't happened to me all season and I use that play at least a couple times a game.

#3130 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

Sorry to interrupt everything, but Flyersfan and I have decided (due to his network issues) to reschedule for tomorrow at six.

Sorry again about my issue, kinda weird since I played NHL 13 a half hour earlier with no issue.

Thanks for rescheduling though. My Internet seems to be up and working now.

#3131 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

Just want to say, for snakemaster, of course I hope the reason he stood me up wasn't because of something bad happening. There are obviously more important things in life than video games. But he's got a pretty persistent history of this now. As much as I'd hate to lose more people from the league, we can't have people getting stood up like that. People take time out of their personal lives to schedule these games.

And while "it's just a game", the same thing can be said of any hobby that people take part in. Adult League softball really doesn't have any more significance than a Madden league, but yet there's an expectation of being there for the other people participating...because the idea is that it's something you all enjoy. It's not fair to the rest of the people here to take it less seriously than that.

#3132 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

And also...#BearDown

Posted Image

Amazing what can happen when you start facing some good teams. :lol:

#3133 ballinhun8

ballinhun8

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

Yea I know. Amazing what happens when your 7-1 starting QB misses the last game and a half.

For a guy who runs a Madden league, you seem to know very little about the game of football. Guess living in the closeted Midwest does that to peoples mind over there.

Edited by ballinhun8, 20 November 2012 - 06:49 AM.

#3134 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

Yea I know. Amazing shat happens when your 7-1 starting QB misses the llast game and a half.

For a guy who runs a Madden league, you seem to know very little about the game of football. Guess living in the closeted Midwest does that to peoples mind over there.

It's so unfortunate for the Bears that they're the only team that's had to deal with any injuries. You should send Roger Goodell a letter to tell him how unfair that is. It's a good thing the 49ers had their starting QB...oh wait... Keep the excuses coming, big guy. You brought this all on yourself. :lol:

#3135 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

Not to mention the O-line problems and the defense not showing up.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#3136 ballinhun8

ballinhun8

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

It's so unfortunate for the Bears that they're the only team that's had to deal with any injuries. You should send Roger Goodell a letter to tell him how unfair that is. It's a good thing the 49ers had their starting QB...oh wait... Keep the excuses coming, big guy. You brought this all on yourself. :lol:

What's funny is your still as moronic as I thought. Smith is a system QB. And Colin K. was able to come in and fill brilliantly. Cutler is a catalyst who runs the offense. The same OLine that he knows how to work with is the one that looked like pure crap tonight.

For you to think having your starting QB is an injury just like any other player on the team just shows the limited knowledge you attain. Bringing this on myself would be valid if this was the same Bears team for the first 8 weeks instead of what you seen and make fun of for the last six quarters.

#3137 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Damn...you're really one of those people aren't you? I feel bad for your friends. fsecreast, I'm sorry, man. Holy shit, lol.

With excuses like that, you could work for Mitt Romney.

#3138 ballinhun8

ballinhun8

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

Damn...you're really one of those people aren't you? I feel bad for your friends. fsecreast, I'm sorry, man. Holy shit, lol.

Fantastic response. For a guy with a "wife and kid" you sound mature beyond your years :roll:

#3139 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

Fantastic response. For a guy with a "wife and kid" you sound mature beyond your years :roll:

Yeah cause you're coming off like a peach here.

#3140 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

Aw man ya'll are crazy. Lol

#3141 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

lol couple of guys i work with this morning were making excuse that there QB was hurt everytime the bears lose seems like there fans need excuse. lol whats next is it that ur team cant preform during prime time???? its ok ur team lost and that 7-1 team played one team over .500 and thats were there one came from now every team they face over .500 they lose to its ok the bears arent there yet. good thing they paid forte to run so well. cutler gets hurts every year and thats the bears excuse every year. its ok hes pussy and his line sucks so its prolly there fault right

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#3142 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

And you only use hash tags when your Chicago Bears whoop sorry ass teams week after week. We so good our defense will outscore your offense!!! Ask Dallas, St. Louis, Jacksonville, the newest member Tennessee and next weeks visitor, Houston!

#BearDown

i knew i would find this look u admit u only beat sorry teams

theres another one some where that u came once u beat the texans are people going to make excuses for them that they cant perform during prime time football.

EDIT: just curious ballinhun but why do u always post times in the thread in military time format

Madden 25

#3143 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

I appreciate it.

#3144 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Wow.. to think Alex Smith means as much to the niners as Jay Cutler to the Bears blows my mind. Plus Kaepernick has taken snaps in almost, if not every game. He's a skilled backup. Bears got their ass handed to them, but to think having Cutler wouldnt have given them a much better chance is crazy to me. It's not like he's Blaine Gabbert lol. If the niners had Cutler, he'd be the starting QB, no doubt about it. Eli Manning has played the same way....relied on his running game and defense, and also made shitty INTs, but played well enough in the 4th to win...but now he's considered elite bc his TEAM won 2 superbowls.

#3145 ballinhun8

ballinhun8

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

The Bears obviously play different with Cutler at the helm. Its clear as day he knows how to lead this team and especially this OLine, to wins.

You guys are saying we can't beat good teams these past two weeks and you try to act like having our starting QB is no big deal. I don't get some of y'all reasoning.

#3146 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Wow.. to think Alex Smith means as much to the niners as Jay Cutler to the Bears blows my mind. Plus Kaepernick has taken snaps in almost, if not every game. He's a skilled backup. Bears got their ass handed to them, but to think having Cutler wouldnt have given them a much better chance is crazy to me. It's not like he's Blaine Gabbert lol. If the niners had Cutler, he'd be the starting QB, no doubt about it. Eli Manning has played the same way....relied on his running game and defense, and also made shitty INTs, but played well enough in the 4th to win...but now he's considered elite bc his TEAM won 2 superbowls.

You can't compare Cutler and Manning. Here are their stats from the last two seasons.

Jay Cutler - 4,133 Pass Yards, 25 Touchdowns,

Eli Manning - 7,574 Pass Yards, 41 Touchdowns,

#3147 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

You can't compare Cutler and Manning. Here are their stats from the last two seasons.

Jay Cutler - 4,133 Pass Yards, 25 Touchdowns,

Eli Manning - 7,574 Pass Yards, 41 Touchdowns,

I have no horse in this race, but you can't simply count passing yards and TD when Cutler only played 10 games last year. Not to mention, we're judging the QB not how often their offensive coordinator calls a passing play. I don't love QB rating, but it's a decent starting point. This season it's 80.4 vs 81.8, advantage Eli but pretty comparable. I don't think Cutler is better, but to say "you can't compare" them is a bit much. Eli isn't that much better.

#3148 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

The main point is either way the Bears were going to implode sooner or later. Why not now? Honestly, Bears fans should blame ballinhun8. All the shit talking he was doing had to be bad for karma. At this point, it's just amusing. :)

As for the comparisons to Eli, Eli has been playing like crap lately, and is without question underachieving. If Jay Cutler wants to strive to be a shitty version of Eli Manning, then he's setting the bar pretty low. Hell, and if you really want to boil it down to Eli coming through in the 4th and getting his team the win, that's enough of a difference maker for me. I'd much rather have a QB who steps up when it's crunch time and doesn't fold under pressure.

#3149 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

well cutler is number 24 in passer ratings out of 33 total on the list. Thats not that great lets put it this way vick has a 79.2 cutler has a 80.4. he did call tony romo shitty and even he has a 86.2.

nd i guess we could blame cutlers line that he doesnt get enough time since hes been sacked 28 times but thats just say i wouldnt use that since leading the nfl in getting sacked is aaron rodgers with 32 sacks and 107.3 QBR.

to be honest i just like to give bears fans shit becuz they take it to heart when he call one of there players shitty becuz in there head no one sucks not even there line its just the other teams d line is to good.

i love being told i know nothing about football and how could i say that well its easy there called stats and stats are facts sorry bud but trust me when i say i know football and im sure most people in here know it pretty well. but im sure theres some way ur going to try and prove that wrong.

Madden 25

#3150 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

So can we get a new thread going for Bears sucking/being awesome discussions? CMON GUYS!!! Lets be men, roll up our johnsons, stuff em in our pants and stop measuring!