Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#3151 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

It would help if some people could take a joke that they brought on themselves.

#3152 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

So can we get a new thread going for Bears sucking/being awesome discussions? CMON GUYS!!! Lets be men, roll up our johnsons, stuff em in our pants and stop measuring!

nope i refuse C===============================8 :booty: lol

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#3153 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

nope i refuse C===============================8 :booty: lol

C====================EXTENZE===================8 HA!!!

I knew all those emails would pay off sooner or later.

#3154 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

:booty:c==8 Cutler and his boyfriend

Madden 25

#3155 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

LOL...well, shit. Now you had to make it personal.

#3156 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

LOL...well, shit. Now you had to make it personal.

Whups ;)

Madden 25

#3157 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Haha you guys are tards!!! Lol

.....€:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::D

My balls are special and it smile!!!

#3158 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

It would help if some people could take a joke that they brought on themselves.

This

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#3159 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

I don't know wtf the packers were just doing but he quit out on our game with 2 minutes left. I sent him a message and he sent back "seriously? excessive clock run much...." as I ran the time down to the fricken 2 minute warning (34 seconds to be exact. He had 2 time outs, I was up 14-7 and had the 27 (took a pic to prove it). That is just unacceptable.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#3160 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Also, I had 2 picks, forced a fumble (only the second time I've done that this year) that I now lost out on. I'm furious right now, you had TWO time outs left. Don't want me to run the clock down then USE a time out! I'm playing to win, and last I checked I'm not going to run a fricken two minute drill offense when I have the lead and I am knocking on your touchdown door again. GAH.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#3161 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

And yes, triple post here, but I just don't fawking get it. Play unranked matches if you want to quit out at the end when you know the likely outcome is a loss. I'm not a great player, I'm barely mediocre so yes I'm going over the top right now. I just wanted to play out the last two minutes, hopefully get a W and enjoy the game. I just don't understand how someone could quit out like that with 2:00 to go a 2 time outs and down only one score. That is just bull.

#3162 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

And yes, triple post here, but I just don't fawking get it. Play unranked matches if you want to quit out at the end when you know the likely outcome is a loss. I'm not a great player, I'm barely mediocre so yes I'm going over the top right now. I just wanted to play out the last two minutes, hopefully get a W and enjoy the game. I just don't understand how someone could quit out like that with 2:00 to go a 2 time outs and down only one score. That is just bull.

You leave out the fact that you excessively ran the clock to almost zero every down you had the ball. While abnoxiously audibling and trying to draw me offsides. Yes I quit I admit it. I was frustrated as hell with the crappy move of not actually playing the game. Clock strategy is one thing, but this seemed extremely excessive...

Again, I apolgize if I am in the wrong... but I had enough. You even ran the clock down after I called a timeout, and kept audibling. What is the point of that?

#3163 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Schedule for Week 14

Broncos @ Raiders- 24-17 Oakland
Ravens @ Redskins-
Chiefs @ Browns- 28-17 Cleveland
Chargers @ Steelers- 21-14 Pittsburgh
Titans @ Colts- 56-13 Tennesse
Jets @ Jaguars-
Bears @ Vikings- 11/20 at 9:30 pm
Falcons @ Panthers-
Eagles @ Buccaneers(cpu)- N8 is having the Eagles wait to see if a new owner steps up.
Rams @ Bills- 28-24 Buffalo
Cowboys @ Bengals- 24-15 Dallas
Dolphins @ 49ers- 20-13 Miami
Saints @ Giants- 31-7 New Orleans
Cardinals @ Seahawks- 27-3 Seattle
Lions @ Packers-
Texans @ Patriots- 35-7 New England

Madden 25 Official CAG League Record: Season 1: 19-0, Season 2: 18-1

Madden 25 Official CAG League, Season 1 and 2 Super Bowl Champion: Buffalo Bills

Madden 2013 Official CAG League, Season 4 Super Bowl Champion: Arizona Cardinals

#3164 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

You leave out the fact that you excessively ran the clock to almost zero every down you had the ball. While abnoxiously audibling and trying to draw me offsides. Yes I quit I admit it. I was frustrated as hell with the crappy move of not actually playing the game. Clock strategy is one thing, but this seemed extremely excessive...

Again, I apolgize if I am in the wrong... but I had enough. You even ran the clock down after I called a timeout, and kept audibling. What is the point of that?

I specifically remember you calling the timeout (you only called one when I had the ball), and I hiked it at around 20 seconds left because I was searching for a play. You have time outs, I don't run the ball down every single down. I don't rush every play because as of right now I'm missing two receivers to injury, and my starting running back from playing hurry up ball. I played you the same both times I played (and I played a completely different game then normal when I first played you because you were having such a rough time throwing picks and I didn't want to run up the score in a game I shut you out in, I ran the ball more that game than I have total in the entire season thus far). That just isn't an excuse to quit.

I audible constantly when I read the scheme someone comes out in (be it zone or man). It is part of the game. I switch my routes or or audible into a run draw/run play.

#3165 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

Following up on a post I made a couple weeks ago...

I bought Madden today during Amazon's lightning deal and should have the game early next week. Looking at the OP it seems the Bucs are open right now so if they are still open when I get the game I'd like to take them (dont think I would have the game in time for their matchup this week), but if somebody else who has the game comes along before that and wants them then I'll just sit on the waiting list for the next team. Posting my info below:

XBL: Cydoniac
Availability: Sunday-Thursday 5:30-10:30 EST. Friday: Anytime after 5:30 EST. Saturday: Generally flexible (but please PM to set up a specific time as thats usually when I make plans with the girlfriend or the family).

Cheers! Looking forward to getting back into this game. I havent played much Madden the last couple years but I used to be pretty decent...if nothing else I'll prove to be some fodder to the rest of you :D

#3166 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

and then he sends me a message saying "will we play?" are you KIDDING ME.

#3167 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

While I understand why draining the clock can be frustrating, the solution has and always will be a simple one: don't let him pick up the 1st down. Stuffing somebody on 3rd down will stop them from chewing the clock real quick. We can't be rage quitting though, guys. EA switched everything up to where the game acts as though it wasn't played at all when somebody quits.

So, now, the time spent in that game was wasted, and it'll have to be played again (I would think letting perdition(troy just play the CPU would be the most fair option though). If you're really that upset with the game, just put your controller down (though...I wonder if your opponent gets kicked for excessive griefing if the game counts). It wouldn't be as big of a deal if the game counted, but we can't be wasting another person's time.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#3168 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

If steggy wants to replay the game, I would insist that the score and clock be run back to where it was. It wouldn't be fair to give him a fresh start in this one. Otherwise, I think letting perdition(troy play the CPU is the only other reasonable option.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#3169 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

While I understand why draining the clock can be frustrating, the solution has and always will be a simple one: don't let him pick up the 1st down. Stuffing somebody on 3rd down will stop them from chewing the clock real quick. We can't be rage quitting though, guys. EA switched everything up to where the game acts as though it wasn't played at all when somebody quits.

So, now, the time spent in that game was wasted, and it'll have to be played again (I would think letting perdition(troy just play the CPU would be the most fair option though). If you're really that upset with the game, just put your controller down (though...I wonder if your opponent gets kicked for excessive griefing if the game counts). It wouldn't be as big of a deal if the game counted, but we can't be wasting another person's time.

It was the clock draining coupled with the excessive audibles and trying to get my guys to jump. I was just going to get up and walk away, but thought the excessive grieving wouldn't count either.

Thanks for the reply. CPU game would be fine.

#3170 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

You can't compare Cutler and Manning. Here are their stats from the last two seasons.

Jay Cutler - 4,133 Pass Yards, 25 Touchdowns,

Eli Manning - 7,574 Pass Yards, 41 Touchdowns,

Cutler is currently 2 spots behind Eli this year in QB rating. Some other stats to note:

Cutler's career QB rating = 84.1
Eli's career QB rating = 82.1

Cutler's career avg yards/game = 231.0
Eli's avg y/g = 230.7

They have identical career TD percentage (what percentage of throws results in a TD) at 4.6%
Cutler has a slightly higher percentage of INT's at 3.5% to 3.3%

If you are going to pick and choose what seasons to count (including Eli's best year of his career, and one in which Cutler got injured) then of course they arent comparable. if people are gonna hate on Cutler and call him a scrub, i really hope they arent the same ones that consider Eli to be "elite"

#3171 ballinhun8

ballinhun8

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

Yea the bad karma I gave injured Cutler. That's exactly what happened.

Stick to a sport you know n8, figure skating.....or what they call the NHL.

#3172 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

Posted Image

#3173 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

Cutler is currently 2 spots behind Eli this year in QB rating. Some other stats to note:

Cutler's career QB rating = 84.1
Eli's career QB rating = 82.1

Cutler's career avg yards/game = 231.0
Eli's avg y/g = 230.7

They have identical career TD percentage (what percentage of throws results in a TD) at 4.6%
Cutler has a slightly higher percentage of INT's at 3.5% to 3.3%

If you are going to pick and choose what seasons to count (including Eli's best year of his career, and one in which Cutler got injured) then of course they arent comparable. if people are gonna hate on Cutler and call him a scrub, i really hope they arent the same ones that consider Eli to be "elite"

i wouldnt call him elite but thoughs 2 rings i would say give him the big time clutch factor i will take rings over ratings any day and if u have both then great

Madden 25

#3174 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

I think Eli is overrated

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#3175 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

i wouldnt call him elite but thoughs 2 rings i would say give him the big time clutch factor i will take rings over ratings any day and if u have both then great

I was just showing that those two are not far apart using statistics, or facts as you call them. Also, Cutler has the highest 4th quarter QB rating this year at 135.0. Next is Peyton at 119.1, Eli is 14th at 90.6. I hate the whole "He has a ring" argument because football is the epitome of a TEAM game. If all that matters is how many rings someone has, Robert Horry is the best basketball player in the last 20 years. And Dilfer is more clutch and a better QB than Marino.

#3176 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I still have to say, a winner is a winner is a winner. Say what you want about Eli, but the Giants don't win two Super Bowls against the Pats without him stepping up and playing great in those games (and in the playoffs in general leading them there)...regardless of how good their team was. Doing it one time you could call "The Trent Dilfer Anomaly", but doing it twice is tough to argue against. Not saying he's the greatest ever, but that's a proven QB.

#3177 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

Ravens beat Redskins 28-14. Had 4 interceptions including 1 for a touchdown along with 5 sacks and a forced fumble. Pretty good game. Only complaint would be my opponent calling unnecessary(imo) timeouts when I had the ball up by 3 touchdowns with under 2 minutes left. I understand being frustrated, but please don't waste my time.

#3178 Doo Mane

Doo Mane

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Been trying to get a hold of the Falcons owner but no response so far

#3179 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Been trying to get a hold of the Falcons owner but no response so far

People have been saying that he hasn't been replying in the other league as well.

#3180 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

ya, aftershock is normally pretty active but he fell off the map