Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#3511 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Broncos Beat Chiefs 27-24!

Absolutely fantastic game! It was an incredibly close game. It came down to a Jamal Charles fumble at the end that I kicked a field goal off of. Also special shout out to Demaryius Thomas who took a kick off 85yrds to get me in position to score and tie it up.

Great game cool I am! Good luck in the playoffs!

#3512 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

bengals vs ravens set for monday at 6 central 7 eastern

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#3513 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

Sent Steggy a PM earlier today, hoping to hear back from him tomorrow.

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#3514 L4WII

L4WII

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

Broncos Beat Chiefs 27-24!

Absolutely fantastic game! It was an incredibly close game. It came down to a Jamal Charles fumble at the end that I kicked a field goal off of. Also special shout out to Demaryius Thomas who took a kick off 85yrds to get me in position to score and tie it up.

Great game cool I am! Good luck in the playoffs!

Gg thanks same to u!

#3515 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

What has to be considered is that this is a video game. In real life, yeah, there are plenty of teams that run a no huddle. But in a video game, you can't rush players on/off the field, or call in an entirely new play based on your personnel. We're much more limited. So, an abuse of no huddle becomes exploitative rather quickly.

I don't even really consider "your defense was mismatched" to REALLY be a great reason to do it. But, at the same time, the defense should also be able to see that they're in a mismatch, and burn a timeout. And if it's not being done excessively, then I think it's at least reasonable. Ultimately, I feel like if we start complaining about things that are done one or two times a game, we're really going to open a can of worms.

I just don't get why it's not banned unless the situation calls for it. He did a no huddle bc he saw something in my defense? So basically anytime I get a completed pass, I could use this as a reason. I've played plenty of players who have done no huddle but they were all instances that made sense. No huddle 5 seconds before the 2 minute warning, already across the 50, and having 3 timeouts didnt seem reasonable to me. It definitely didn't seem reasonable early in the 3rd. I honestly think he may have done more if I didnt call him out via XBL message after that 2nd time.

#3516 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

I just don't get why it's not banned unless the situation calls for it. He did a no huddle bc he saw something in my defense? So basically anytime I get a completed pass, I could use this as a reason. I've played plenty of players who have done no huddle but they were all instances that made sense. No huddle 5 seconds before the 2 minute warning, already across the 50, and having 3 timeouts didnt seem reasonable to me. It definitely didn't seem reasonable early in the 3rd. I honestly think he may have done more if I didnt call him out via XBL message after that 2nd time.

Well, it's a play style just like anything else. Using that logic, you could make the same argument that audibling should be banned because people do it when they "see something in your defense". If it was something that couldn't be stopped, it would definitely be banned. But the defense can either audible themselves, or call a timeout and stop the "momentum" dead in its tracks (what I like to do).

Some people think it's not even a big deal to do it all game long. But for me, that becomes incredibly cheesy...and borderline exploitative, based on the reasons I mentioned earlier (not being able to sub players, get better defensive matchups, etc). Honestly, I'm not a fan of the hurry up, but I'm not going to deny that it can be beneficial in small doses.

Ultimately, when I play somebody, I try to assess what type of player they are as quickly as I can, and then do my best to make them uncomfortable all game long. If they want to be super aggressive, scramble all over the place, and rush the game, I take my time calling my plays and slow things back down. When you start letting your opponent dictate the pace is when you get frustrated and things get away from you.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#3517 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

Lol your still with this. Ask anybody else I've played I never go no huddle I only did it twice and your still complaning about it. It's not like I did it 20 times.

#3518 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

N8 can you please put snakemaster on auto? I asked him a few times via pm on here and once on XBL and no response.

#3519 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

N8 can you please put snakemaster on auto? I asked him a few times via pm on here and once on XBL and no response.

I'll do it the next time I'm on...which probably isn't going to be till sometime this evening. Are you sure he's not already on auto? There were a few people I just left on auto pilot because of the issues they've been having.

#3520 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

I appreciate that. He wasn't on auto when I checked yesterday evening after I messaged him asking him to change. He maybe as of right now. Ill try and check when I leave the office this evening.

He actually played his game last week against the chiefs so he wasn't defaulted to auto.

#3521 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

I appreciate that. He wasn't on auto when I checked yesterday evening after I messaged him asking him to change. He maybe as of right now. Ill try and check when I leave the office this evening.

He actually played his game last week against the chiefs so he wasn't defaulted to auto.

You can still be on auto and play your games. And it carries over week to week, so either he changed it himself after you played his CPU last, or I'm not remembering something right.

#3522 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Lol your still with this. Ask anybody else I've played I never go no huddle I only did it twice and your still complaning about it. It's not like I did it 20 times.

Seriously? I cant state my opinion on the matter? I just find it to be a very cheesy move that's banned in other leagues I play in unless specific situations call for it. I'll be sure to remember it's allowed here and use it next time against you bud

#3523 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

I personally wouldn't mind the no huddle being banned other than the final 2 minutes on either half. Also, going for it and not punting is the only option that made sense. It is pointless to punt to put someone at the 20 rather than losing the ball at the 32.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#3524 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

I personally wouldn't mind the no huddle being banned other than the final 2 minutes on either half. Also, going for it and not punting is the only option that made sense. It is pointless to punt to put someone at the 20 rather than losing the ball at the 32.

The problem is then you can make an argument that people should be able to use it right before the 2 minute warning. Its too situational, to be put into a specific category of only 2 minutes. If you use it sparingly, twice a game then whatever its not a big deal. If you use it an entire 12 play drive then that's when it becomes cheese.

#3525 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

You can still be on auto and play your games. And it carries over week to week, so either he changed it himself after you played his CPU last, or I'm not remembering something right.

Hey played against the chiefs last weeek so I am assuming he did pull himself off auto as when I tried to play yesterday and it sent an invite to him to play and wouldnt let me get into the game.

#3526 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

I agree that using it twice in a game is not excessive or out of line, and also going for it in that situation was reasonable.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#3527 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

In regards to this auto thing, I had a game a little bit ago that was against someone on auto. He claimed it wouldn't let him into the game, that was until he figured out auto was on and he turned it off. Obviously idk what he was actually trying on his end but he claimed it was that way.

#3528 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

In regards to this auto thing, I had a game a little bit ago that was against someone on auto. He claimed it wouldn't let him into the game, that was until he figured out auto was on and he turned it off. Obviously idk what he was actually trying on his end but he claimed it was that way.

That's really weird. I could have sworn we've had people on auto who just ended up playing their games, and then when I looked at the user status, they were still on auto. I guess it could be something they did themselves, and it wouldn't surprise me at all for EA to just make it as irritating as possible, but damn.

#3529 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

I really wanted to win my last game of the season but the Raiders beat the Chargers 13-10. Good defensive battle on both sides. Flyersfan did a good job of shutting down my running game. I didn't do half bad at my passing but couldn't score. I had a chance to win with about a minute and half left but I couldn't get anything going and was stopped on downs. Good game.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#3530 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

That's really weird. I could have sworn we've had people on auto who just ended up playing their games, and then when I looked at the user status, they were still on auto. I guess it could be something they did themselves, and it wouldn't surprise me at all for EA to just make it as irritating as possible, but damn.

I actually just remembered earlier in the season I asked you to pull one of the players off auto so he could actually play an you said that he could do it. We tried to play the game but couldn't because it would have been me playing te CPU and not him as he was on auto pilot. The update may have corrected that though

#3531 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

I actually just remembered earlier in the season I asked you to pull one of the players off auto so he could actually play an you said that he could do it. We tried to play the game but couldn't because it would have been me playing te CPU and not him as he was on auto pilot. The update may have corrected that though

Well, either way, I'm about to eat dinner, then after that I'll try to get on and switch him to auto. I would say by 8 PM CST for sure you should be good to play.

#3532 billymcdugal

billymcdugal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

Hey as an owner of the Arizona Cardinals obviously I am out of the playoff race, during the playoffs I'll try to keep up with the forum but obviously not as closely while I wait for the champion to be crowned. Would you guys have a general idea of when the Superbowl would be played, assuming its not delayed for any reason. That way I can at least make sure to check the site by then if I don't find time to before that.

#3533 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Well, either way, I'm about to eat dinner, then after that I'll try to get on and switch him to auto. I would say by 8 PM CST for sure you should be good to play.

Not a problem at all dude. I probably won't be able to get it played until around 9 or 930 at the earliest. So no worries.

#3534 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

just had an amzing game with the ravens
10-7

my only TD was a pick 6
this game was all defense all game
my offense had a total of 90 yards
his had about 150 yards total
he had 3 picks i had 2
he had 1 sack i had 2
GG man going to be a great division rival for next season and a great addition to the league thats for sure

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#3535 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

Hey as an owner of the Arizona Cardinals obviously I am out of the playoff race, during the playoffs I'll try to keep up with the forum but obviously not as closely while I wait for the champion to be crowned. Would you guys have a general idea of when the Superbowl would be played, assuming its not delayed for any reason. That way I can at least make sure to check the site by then if I don't find time to before that.

While I haven't done the math to hash out an exact timeline for the playoffs, what I can do is just send out PM's to everybody to let them know when we're about to start offseason activities. That might be easier than trying to plan around the holidays and whatnot.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#3536 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

just had an amzing game with the ravens
10-7

my only TD was a pick 6
this game was all defense all game
my offense had a total of 90 yards
his had about 150 yards total
he had 3 picks i had 2
he had 1 sack i had 2
GG man going to be a great division rival for next season and a great addition to the league thats for sure

Yeah, pretty much a defensive struggle all game. Me throwing the pick 6 early came back to haunt me. i was just hoping I could get one of my own, but I couldn't return any of my 3 picks. Thought I had a shot at a punt return late, but couldn't finish the return.

I had your offense bottled up most of the game. Only time I wasn't able to come up with a stop was when I really needed it at the end. You had 20 yards on the Green-Ellis run that pretty much sealed the game. Only time my offense had anything going was at the end of the first half when I was going no huddle, but you called a timeout and killed my rhythm.

I just can't get anything going when it comes to passing in online games this year. I go over plays many times in practice against good defenses and pretty much perfect the play in practice, but then I get into an online game and nobody can ever get open. In the rare occasion somebody gets open, Flacco usually overthrows them or they drop the ball. Not sure what to do except more practice.

If anyone wants to practice with me in games outside the league, I would be more than happy to. Just add me on Xbox Live(KTrainThomas) and if you ever see me on, just send me a message. I feel like this could be a good way to stay sharp and hopefully improve since I will not be playing in the playoffs this year.

#3537 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

I'll be adding you in the next day or two to get some scrimmages in.

#3538 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

I'll be adding you in the next day or two to get some scrimmages in.

Looking forward to it.

#3539 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

Looking forward to it.

Yeah, I'll send you a request as well. Do you have a mic and/or want to chat, or just scrim to see how people play?

#3540 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

Yeah, I'll send you a request as well. Do you have a mic and/or want to chat, or just scrim to see how people play?

I have a mic and wouldn't mind chatting. I just want to practice against a real opponent and not the CPU or a random person online. I would like to play by league rules, of course.