1) Miami Dolphins (z) (16-0)
2) Tennessee Titans (y) (12-3)
3) Cleveland Browns (y) (10-6)
4) Kansas City Chiefs (y) (10-6)
5) New England Patriots (x) (13-3)
6) Houston Texans (9-7)
New York Jets (9-7)/Denver Broncos (9-7)/Pittsburgh Steelers (9-7)
EDIT: This is what should happen if Madden is not an idiot (thanks Doom!)
A head to head sweep is only applicable if one team lost to each of the others. So the 9-7 Texans lost to the Broncos and Jets, but didn't play the 9-7 Steelers. They would not be eliminated at the head to head stage And since Houston is 7-5 in conference, they'd have the next tiebreaker.
1) Carolina Panthers (y) (13-3)
2) San Francisco 49ers (y) (12-4)
3) Chicago Bears (y) (12-4)
4) Washington Redskins (y) (9-6)
5) Atlanta Falcons (8-7)
6) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-8)
Minnesota Vikings (7-8)
Seattle Seahawks (6-8-1)
The Bucs play the Falcons this week, so if Tampa and Minnesota win all three would be 8-8, but Tampa would for sure be in, with tiebreakers over both teams. I believe Minnesota has the strength of victory tiebreaker over Atlanta. Seahawks only advance to the postseason with an Atlanta win (meaning Tampa Bay loses), a Minnesota loss, and a victory over St. Louis.
Edited by KasterDB, 04 December 2012 - 07:03 AM.