Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#3601 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Alright, who's up for this? It's a charity auction to be a player in Madden 14.

http://www.charitybu...=Blast_12_04_12

I don't have that much money like you do. ;)

#3602 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Can we pool our money and tell them our name is Farty McButtnuts?

Also, DarkTower told me to just play the CPU for our game since it has no bearing on the seeding. Needless to say, I'll be resting my starters.

#3603 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Rams-Seahawks might have to be simmed. We haven't been able to connect and the game doesn't matter, and neither of us seem too crushed if it's simmed either. If we can knock it out tonight, great, but I wouldn't wait on us.

#3604 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Can we pool our money and tell them our name is Farty McButtnuts?

Only as long as he's 7' tall and 400 lbs.

#3605 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

An auction to benefit the American Civil Liberties Union? They couldn't find a better charity?

#3606 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

My wife is 7 weeks pregnant, and I want her on anxiety meds. She is driving me crazy with all the what ifs (we just found out last week). She is a nurse, and is constantly self diagnosing.

Point of the story: Hurry up and get the playoffs moving! I need madden in my life so that I can keep my sanity.

:(
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#3607 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Titans - 44
Jaguars - 17

Well, thank God I rested my starters. I had FOUR, yes FOUR defensive injuries in this game...3 of them to my safeties making tackles (one of which was to my starter who had to fill in, but thankfully it wasn't serious). Al Afalava was the first to go down, with a torn bicep. Michael Griffin came in for him, and had some kind of short term injury. Then, Markelle Martin gets hurt making a tackle (also non serious...I think). And then Zac Diles, my 2nd string MLB breaks his forearm tackling a scrambling Blaine Gabbert. What the hell is this? NHL 13?

On the positive side, Javon Ringer turned in a good day, and Matt Hasselpuke proved every insult I've ever lobbed his way to be 100% justified. GG, CPU Jaguars, and Fuck you, EA.

Titans
Matt Hasselpuke - 4-11, 165 yds, 0 TDs, 2 INTs
Javon Ringer - 24 att, 249 yds, 4 TDs
Damian Williams - 2 rec, 77 yds
Coty Sensabaugh - 6 tackles, 1 FF

Jaguars
Blaine Gabbert - 11-24, 107 yds, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 4 att, 41 yds
Maurice Jones-Drew - 18 att, 84 yds
Justin Blackmon - 3 rec, 37 yds, 1 TD
Laurent Robinson - 3 rec, 43 yds
Trumaine McBride - 3 tackles, 2 INTs, 1 TD

#3608 Lexxon

Lexxon

In the face!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Rams-Seahawks might have to be simmed. We haven't been able to connect and the game doesn't matter, and neither of us seem too crushed if it's simmed either. If we can knock it out tonight, great, but I wouldn't wait on us.

Confirmed. We'll likely have issues scheduling again tonight (previous issues were on me, this one is partially on me too) and I may not make it into the game, so simply sim it if we're one of the only ones left.

I've been having a ton of trouble scheduling my games this year. Busier than I expected I suppose. I'm considering dropping out for Season 2. It looks like we have one person on the waitlist. If he's interested in a largely untouched Seattle (no trades, one FA pickup) he can have them. I'd rather someone else take the team that can schedule games more reliably.

#3609 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Confirmed. We'll likely have issues scheduling again tonight (previous issues were on me, this one is partially on me too) and I may not make it into the game, so simply sim it if we're one of the only ones left.

I've been having a ton of trouble scheduling my games this year. Busier than I expected I suppose. I'm considering dropping out for Season 2. It looks like we have one person on the waitlist. If he's interested in a largely untouched Seattle (no trades, one FA pickup) he can have them. I'd rather someone else take the team that can schedule games more reliably.

Well, Atlanta is also open...so you wouldn't exactly be doing us any favors. If you have any interest at all, I implore you to stay. Even if you stayed on in a GM capacity, it would prevent the CPU from screwing the rest of us over.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#3610 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Ok, so the only game left is Seahawks and Rams (which they said could be simmed)? Can we advance next chance you get n8?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3611 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

HOLY FUCKBALLS!!! You CAN advance from the website!1!!!1 :whee:

When the Fuck was this button created?
Spoiler

Has it always been there? There's no way... Honestly, the website is so horribly designed, it wouldn't shock me if it's been there the entire time...in a place that no one would look.

#3612 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

And just like that...we have advanced...from the website. These are the Wild Card games.

Jets @ Browns
Vikings @ Bears
Patriots @ Chiefs
Falcons @ Redskins

Since we're running early, lets TRY to have these games done by 11:59 PM EST on 12/7. I think that's reasonable for 4 games.

#3613 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

So it looks like Madden still hasn't figured tiebreakers out.

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#3614 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

The Texans didn't make it? BAHAHAHAHA

Updated First playoff week predictions:

AFC:
(3) Cleveland Browns vs. (6) New York Jets = New York Jets
(4) Kansas City Chiefs vs. (5) New England Patriots = New England Patriots

NFC:
(3) Chicago Bears vs. (6) Minnesota Vikings = Chicago Bears
(4) Washington Redskins vs. (5) Atlanta Falcons = Washington Redskins
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3615 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

"Never leave it in the hands of the judges." ;)

#3616 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH oh well! LOL

#3617 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH oh well! LOL

Honestly, you might be better off. I always hate being a fringe playoff team because your likelihood of winning out is low...and then you don't get a good draft pick either. At least this puts you 4-5 picks further up than you would have been.

#3618 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

And just like that...we have advanced...from the website. These are the Wild Card games.

Jets @ Browns
Vikings @ Bears
Patriots @ Chiefs
Falcons @ Redskins

Since we're running early, lets TRY to have these games done by 11:59 PM EST on 12/7. I think that's reasonable for 4 games.

Damn you EA and you tie breaking procedures. I had better div and con ratings!

#3619 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Honestly, you might be better off. I always hate being a fringe playoff team because your likelihood of winning out is low...and then you don't get a good draft pick either. At least this puts you 4-5 picks further up than you would have been.

Oh yea, im not to worried. I was thinking the same thing myself. Im just looking forward to the offseason to see what I can do as far as FA.

Also, I believe it was done like 40 pages ago in the thread but we will be doing like a free for all correct for the offseason for FA?

#3620 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

There is a period to offer long term contracts which everyone will try to offer the best contract, and the player decides what team he wants to join. Then once the preseason comes around, there will be the pool of left over free agent players who can be signed to 1 year deals.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3621 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Oh yea, im not to worried. I was thinking the same thing myself. Im just looking forward to the offseason to see what I can do as far as FA.

Also, I believe it was done like 40 pages ago in the thread but we will be doing like a free for all correct for the offseason for FA?

As long as things don't get completely borked in here, then yes. The other league had a myriad of issues, one of which resulted in teams not having enough players at each position. So, they had to do a few rounds of organized free agency to remedy this. It was something like certain players just electing to remain free agents rather than accepting any offer. If we can avoid this, then yeah, we'll be good to just let people manage their teams as they see fit from then on. But with EA flying the plane, I'm not counting on anything, lol.

#3622 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

PM sent to Jets. Trying to see if we can pull this off tonight.

Also Browns and Steelers had a fun battle in week 17. I rested some of my stsrters(Brady, Trich, Massaquoi, Dqwell, Ward) but left everyone else in there. I almost ended up regretting it when Josh Cribbs got crushed going over the middle but hell be ok for the playoffs.

Swift really knows how to use the hit stick too. Had me terrified on a few tackles. Colt Mccoy played great. Better than Brady has played any game this season. Lol. He had three TDs total. Four rushes for 55 yards as well. Fun game but couldn't pull it out in the end. Mike Wallace torched me all game too. Swift does a great job of mixing up his routes.

#3623 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

AFC: (3) Cleveland Browns vs. (6) New York Jets = Cleveland Browns

(4) Kansas City Chiefs vs. (5) New England Patriots = New England Patriots

NFC: (3) Chicago Bears vs. (6) Minnesota Vikings = Minnesota Vikings

(4) Washington Redskins vs. (5) Atlanta Falcons = Washington Redskins
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#3624 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

My prediction:

(Awesome) Washington Redskins vs. (Crappy) Atlanta Falcons = Washington Redskins
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#3625 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Browns - Jets going down tonight!!

#3626 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

New England VS Cheifs tonight at 9 est.

#3627 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Wow and redskins play CPU, so if Vikings and bears could be scheduled tonight we could advance late tonight or tomorrow morning.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3628 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

I PMed pitfall, hopefully we can play tonight

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#3629 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

That would be awesome. Honestly, I'd like to get the draft done before Christmas if possible (and really it should be even if we kept a 3 days per playoff round pace). Then, we could spend the holiday time casually slogging our way through the preseason. That way people could play the games if they had the time, but it wouldn't be critical if they didn't either.

#3630 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

slofton from the other league would like to take over Atlanta. Obviously, I let him know that it wouldn't be fair for him to jump in for the playoffs, but he wondered if it would be all right for him to take over the team so he can practice with them to get a feel for the roster. He would leave the team on auto pilot for their playoff game(s) though. Does everybody think this is ok, or should we make him wait until the offseason to actually claim the team?