Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#3631 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Give him the team now so he can practice.

#3632 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

Agreed

#3633 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

slofton from the other league would like to take over Atlanta. Obviously, I let him know that it wouldn't be fair for him to jump in for the playoffs, but he wondered if it would be all right for him to take over the team so he can practice with them to get a feel for the roster. He would leave the team on auto pilot for their playoff game(s) though. Does everybody think this is ok, or should we make him wait until the offseason to actually claim the team?

I say just have him wait, there is plenty time to practice during the preseason. He can come in at the offseason, and make some moves/pickups.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#3634 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

It doesn't hurt anything to let him take control of the team.

#3635 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

cant hurt.

#3636 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

oh by the way in my game VS Chetty he injured Aaron on a monster TD. he is out for my playoff game and not only that he is out for 8 weeks.

#3637 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Did they ever fix the glitch about injuries being reset when coaches retire?

#3638 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

I have no problem with him playing the practices.

#3639 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

Here goes Vikings vs. Bears!

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#3640 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Sweet. Looks like all games will be played tonight, that worked out well.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#3641 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Did they ever fix the glitch about injuries being reset when coaches retire?

Honestly, I don't think it ever affected us. We've pretty much had people come and go all season and nobody has said anything about being gifted back a player all of a sudden. There were also a couple injuries that I am positive stuck after a coaching change (Ryan Mouton for me, and also Frank Gore). I have no idea why it would work for one league and not the other but I've never noticed it being an issue for us.

#3642 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

The injuries is a good point, do we really want to risk people getting someone back that should have been out for the playoffs?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#3643 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

Had a good game (with some lag) going with Kaster. He had just scored to tie it up at 7-7 with about two minutes left in the first half. Then it said he got booted for excessive grieving.

#3644 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

Had a good game (with some lag) going with Kaster. He had just scored to tie it up at 7-7 with about two minutes left in the first half. Then it said he got booted for excessive grieving.

yeah, college wifi blows. this rematch is much better lag-wise though.

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#3645 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

Let him take them over now. This way he can get a handle on his roster, who is going to be a free agent, and maybe a look at the rookies.

#3646 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Let him take them over now. This way he can get a handle on his roster, who is going to be a free agent, and maybe a look at the rookies.

He can still do that in the off-season there is plenty of time, also if the CPU loses the first round there will be no practices anyway. I don't see the point, we might as well just let him wait till the off-season.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#3647 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

He can still do that in the off-season there is plenty of time, also if the CPU loses the first round there will be no practices anyway. I don't see the point, we might as well just let him wait till the off-season.

But there's nothing to be gained from him not doing it now either.

#3648 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

Attention Bears' 2nd round opponent: There is a bounty on Adam Podlesh. Murder him repeatedly.

166876.png

#3649 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

I just beat Atlanta 38-7 so he can take over whenever.
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#3650 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

But there's nothing to be gained from him not doing it now either.

There is a very slim chance but possible that it could reset injuries. I don't see why it's even an issue as nothing can really be done during the playoffs anyway. Everything he could accomplish can be done at the beginning of the off-season, he would have plenty of scouting XP to scout whoever he wanted. He won't get the chance to practice with the team anyway. Why not just take the safe route and ask him to wait like a week till the playoffs are over?

Alright come on Jets and Patriots, make my predictions right!!!

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#3651 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

Probably going to be Niners/Bears and Skins/Panthers
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#3652 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

Probably going to be Niners/Bears and Skins/Panthers

That's what I figured.

NFC Playoff Predictions:

San Francisco 49ers vs. Chicago Bears: San Francisco 49ers (hard not to pick yourself)
Carolina Panthers vs. Washington Redskins: Carolina Panthers

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#3653 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

Alright, it looks like:

Redskins vs Panthers
And
Bears vs 49ers

#3654 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

There is a very slim chance but possible that it could reset injuries. I don't see why it's even an issue as nothing can really be done during the playoffs anyway. Everything he could accomplish can be done at the beginning of the off-season, he would have plenty of scouting XP to scout whoever he wanted. He won't get the chance to practice with the team anyway. Why not just take the safe route and ask him to wait like a week till the playoffs are over?

Alright come on Jets and Patriots, make my predictions right!!!

Really? I found plenty to do today, heck I didn't even finish. You can look through all the rosters and get a reasonable sense of what players have their contracts expiring and might be a free agent. And do we even know for a fact that the Falcons have any injuries to reset?

#3655 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

Attention Bears' 2nd round opponent: There is a bounty on Adam Podlesh. Murder him repeatedly.

:lol: I don't think I've punted that well all season. Actually, those punts weren't that great. I just got some lucky bounces and rolls.

Down 21-7 in the first half, Chicago comes back to win 30-21. Great game, Kaster.

#3656 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

Really? I found plenty to do today, heck I didn't even finish. You can look through all the rosters and get a reasonable sense of what players have their contracts expiring and might be a free agent. And do we even know for a fact that the Falcons have any injuries to reset?

My point is that will all be available in the off-season. He will have time to resign players, scout, and anything else he may need to do.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#3657 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

The glitch resets ALL injuries.

#3658 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

It's not just that team's injuries. It's injuries for the entire league. At least, that's what was happening in the other league. Considering that and the fact that he couldn't do a practice now anyway, I'm inclined to err on the side of caution here. I don't THINK injuries would get reset, but I don't know that it's worth the risk either for what stands to be gained.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#3659 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

:lol: I don't think I've punted that well all season. Actually, those punts weren't that great. I just got some lucky bounces and rolls.

Down 21-7 in the first half, Chicago comes back to win 30-21. Great game, Kaster.

Yeah, it was just that one that set up the safety that killed me, haha.

166876.png

#3660 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

It's not just that team's injuries. It's injuries for the entire league. At least, that's what was happening in the other league. Considering that and the fact that he couldn't do a practice now anyway, I'm inclined to err on the side of caution here. I don't THINK injuries would get reset, but I don't know that it's worth the risk either for what stands to be gained.

That's all I was trying to point out.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png