Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#3661 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

Wait, are you telling me that after 3-4 patches or updates it still exists?

#3662 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Wait, are you telling me that after 3-4 patches or updates it still exists?

I don't think anybody knows why it happens. And if I'm being honest, I haven't kept up with the thread for the other league enough to know if it ever stopped being an issue. Like I said, I'm pretty sure it didn't affect us while we've been replacing guys during the season. But that would be a hell of a thing to find out during the playoffs just so somebody could peruse the rosters a week early. I PM'd him asking if he'd mind waiting until after the Super Bowl. Hopefully it's not a big deal.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#3663 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

New England 33 Cheifs 20

verry gg he had me early i couldnt stop throwing Pick 6s

Ryan Mallett QBR 107.2 yards 337 TD 3 INT 4
DeAngelo Williams 13 carries 75 yards
Gronk 7 REC 153 yards 2 TD
Owusu 3 REC 94 yards 1 TD
Dowling and Chung both had 2 INT and McCourty added another.

not much for OFF for the cheifs in this one but they sure played good D

Flowers 2 INT 1 TD
Kendrick Lewis 1 int 1 TD
Derrick Johnson 1 INT 1 TD

GG Cool

#3664 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

all games are done.

#3665 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

Jets defeat Browns 27-24 on a last second field goal. I forgot how long it was but it was from FAR away. Over 50 yards. What a heartbreaker. It was a battle. The whole fourth quarter was back and forth. Thought we were headed to overtime, but I blew it when I allowed a catch over the middle(it was my fault, I was controlling a defender in the area).

Anyway, ready to talk trade. TRich is staying most likely as I haven't gotten any offers that are even close.

I am looking to trade Brady. Maybe for a lower rated QB, not too low, and a good TE or WR. I can throw in Ben Watson or Greg Little or another WR. Let me know.

#3666 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

holy crap! good game fsecreast! defense and special teams got me through that one. Glad I picked up Buehler during the free agency period, no way Folk could have made that 56 yarder. not sure how much of a chance I have going forward though since you knocked the crap outta Cromartie

#3667 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

Congratulations to everyone who won! Also, can we advance? Maybe we can knock out the playoffs in a few days, and get on to the off season? Anyway, here's the games for the divisional round of the playoffs.

Home Teams on Right

NFC:
Redskins vs Panthers
Bears vs 49ers

AFC:
Jets vs Dolphins
Patriots vs Titans

#3668 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

Like I said before, everyone on my team except for Peterson is on the block. Yes, that does mean I'm open to dealing Harvin ;) I'm looking for a QB, DB, DT, and WR.

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#3669 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

Like I said before, everyone on my team except for Peterson is on the block. Yes, that does mean I'm open to dealing Harvin ;) I'm looking for a QB, DB, DT, and WR.

New England is up for taking Harvin off your hands. PM me

#3670 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

should be a good one between me and N8

#3671 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

My predictions below in bold:

NFC:
Redskins vs Panthers
Bears vs 49ers

AFC:
Jets vs Dolphins
Patriots vs Titans

As far as trade block, I too am open to dealing pretty much anybody on my team. Would like to change QB (not a huge fan of Freeman), LB, DB, DT, and possibly WR. Make me some offers!

#3672 L4WII

L4WII

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

New England 33 Cheifs 20

verry gg he had me early i couldnt stop throwing Pick 6s

Ryan Mallett QBR 107.2 yards 337 TD 3 INT 4
DeAngelo Williams 13 carries 75 yards
Gronk 7 REC 153 yards 2 TD
Owusu 3 REC 94 yards 1 TD
Dowling and Chung both had 2 INT and McCourty added another.

not much for OFF for the cheifs in this one but they sure played good D

Flowers 2 INT 1 TD
Kendrick Lewis 1 int 1 TD
Derrick Johnson 1 INT 1 TD

GG Cool

Def gg hem good luck again

#3673 L4WII

L4WII

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

I can't wait to drop cassell

#3674 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

Ahmad Bradshaw is on the trading block.

#3675 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Has anyone looked at the Connected Careers Manual that's online. Pretty interesting read.

#3676 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

I can't wait to drop cassell

yeh not going to lie he had some pretty bad throws.

#3677 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

If ya'll are talking about injuries resetting thats when the comish changes not the coach.

#3678 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

John Shepard has accepted the contrarct extension the the Buffalo Bills offered him. ( If anybody plays mass effect). That's cool that the game offered me that. I guess another cpu team wanted me ;). I wonder what would happen if somebody pressed decline.

#3679 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

I wonder what would happen if somebody pressed decline.

I did that once in an offline career, thinking I could then take another job, but the only option on the next screen was to retire.

#3680 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

Oh dang. So I was messing with my schemes and it made some players jump like 10 OVR points.

#3681 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

Oh dang. So I was messing with my schemes and it made some players jump like 10 OVR points.

Where do you go to do that?

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#3682 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

Under the Personnel tab, click on Strategy.

#3683 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

More.. Then strategy then schemes if you see what player type they are then switch it too that then they will go up. Like for my WR I put posession on accident and Burgess went from an 78 too an 89.

#3684 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

But I think this also affects other players on rosters aswell. Like Jackson from the eagles shows he's an 78 when I think under the eagles roster he's an 90 I think.

#3685 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

Wow! Awesome that we got all these games played today! And with that, we have advanced to the divisional round. Again, I'm going to put a 3 day window on these games, but of course it would be great to get them played sooner. But they'll be due no later than 12/8. Good luck to everyone!

#3686 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

Bears vs. 49ers should get played tomorrow.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3687 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

I know that we're advancing pretty quickly, but is there any way we can settle on a day of the week, not necessarily a date, for the draft? Since I work nights, it's probably going to be tougher for me than most, but I want to be there for the draft.

#3688 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

Also, if any team with a Top 10 pick is looking to move up to the #2 pick, shoot me a PM. I'm looking to trade down, and maybe pick up some extra picks or help on the O-Line.

#3689 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

I know that we're advancing pretty quickly, but is there any way we can settle on a day of the week, not necessarily a date, for the draft? Since I work nights, it's probably going to be tougher for me than most, but I want to be there for the draft.

Well, it's kinda hard to say right now...especially if we're able to knock out any more rounds in one day's time. I'm sure we'll get a clearer picture as it gets closer, and I'll do what I usually do for drafts and come up with 3-4 days/times, and have everybody message me with all available times they could make it. Then we go with the most popular choice.

For reference purposes, this is Chetty's post from earlier in the year detailing the offseason process:

So i'll just go through the entire off season process for those that don't know. First off, scouting points can accumulate and won't be reset until after the draft. I personally like to actually save all my points until right before the rookie draft and do all my scouting then.

So step one after the Superbowl(this might happen whenever you get eliminated from the playoffs so make sure to look for it) is to sign your contract extension/gain levels and get xp for your coach if you have met your ultimate goal. You must click on this improve the level of your coach and collect the xp.

Then you have one week where you get one last chance to negotiate and resign your own players. Players that you have ended negotiations with during the season, will not negotiate with you here.

After that week has advanced there is the first week of free agency. This is where everyone goes in and gives their initial contract to the free agents. In the free agency screen you can see what teams are interested in the F.a and you can see what he believes his market value is. So far, i have not been able to find anywhere that tells you what the other users are offering.

The next week is the second week of free agency, which also gives you a chance to scout. Typically, if multiple teams are trying to get the same free agent, that free agent will narrow his list down of the teams he is interested in. You can then see his list of teams he narrowed it down too, so then you can decide if you need to up the ante on your offer or leave it as is. If say in week one of free agency you were the only person interested in a person, or your offer just blows them away then they may sign in between week 1 and week 2 of free agency.

The next week is the third and final week of free agency, this once again gives you more scouting time/scouting points. It works how week two did, he narrows down his list and only accepts if your the only one or he got an offer that blew him away. But keep in mind this is your last chance to put in a offer, once it is progressed past this week all the free agents with offers will make there final decision.

The next week is just more scouting time/scouting points. This is the last opportunity you'll have to do any scouting before the draft.

The next week is the rookie draft, i'm sure you guys will learn more about how that goes once you actually do it. The nice feature is that the commissioner can pause it at anytime.

The next week is basically a recap of the draft and gives you all the contract info for your rookies. The rookies are all on a pay scale and are signed automatically. The game actually puts aside salary cap that you can't use, because it saves it for the rookies cap room.

After that you are into the next preseason

To get to the draft before Christmas, we would need to be on a bit of a quicker pace than every 3 days (and I'll be out of state from 12/22-12/27. I'll try to take my Xbox with me...but no promises). Like I said, this is really just blind guessing at this point, but it could work something like this:

Phase - Start Date
Divisional Rd - 12/6
Championship Rd - 12/9
Super Bowl - 12/11
Re-Sign Players - 12/12
Free Agency 1 - 12/13
Free Agency 2 - 12/14
Free Agency 3 - 12/15
Final Scouting - 12/16
Rookie Draft - Between 12/17 and 12/21

With that many different phases, there could be a lot of shifting between now and the draft, but I really hope there would be no reason to go any slower than that. Not sure how helpful that is, but at least it narrows it down a bit.

#3690 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

Hopefully the playoffs will progress faster then that.
Posted ImagePosted Image