Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#3691 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

I will say that between the 17th and 21st, the only night I'd be free is the 21st, which is a Friday.

#3692 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

Hopefully the playoffs will progress faster then that.

Well, the rough idea is 3 days for divisional round (4 games), 2 days for championship round (2 games), 1 day for Super Bowl (1 game). I'd love it if things moved a little faster...and I think it would be reasonable to think we could gain another 2 days.

That would put our draft range from 12/15 to 12/21. Not sure if that helps though. A lot of it is going to hinge on this divisional round. If we can somehow get all 4 games played tomorrow, then we should have a lot more flexibility.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#3693 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Hopefully we should finish all the playoff games by the 10th then finish everything by the 15 before people are going off for chirstmas and new years.

Edited by GpNinja, 06 December 2012 - 09:00 AM.

#3694 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

John Shepard has accepted the contrarct extension the the Buffalo Bills offered him. ( If anybody plays mass effect). That's cool that the game offered me that. I guess another cpu team wanted me ;). I wonder what would happen if somebody pressed decline.

"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite team in the NFL"

Well, going by that timetable posted above, I could do any night between the 17th and 21st. Hopefully it doesnt get moved up to the 15th area as I'll be out of town that weekend.

#3695 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

New England VS Titans kickoff tonight around 8 pm est

#3696 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

I'd personally rather error on the side of safety. I don't mind waiting.

#3697 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

I would also like to confirm that former used car salesman Crazy Matt has accepted another year with the Broncos.

So come on down, he's got slightly used players at CRAZY prices!

#3698 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

I will be out of the state from the 14th through the 22nd. Hopefully we can get the draft in before that because I'd hate to miss it. Maybe with the holidays coming up we should take a 2 week break or something after the superbowl? Start the offseason after christmas when everyone is back in town? Just a thought.
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#3699 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

I'd say play the offseason over christmas break just to keep things moving along. Otherwise we're looking at almost a month with no games (other than playoffs).
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#3700 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

I will be out of the state from the 14th through the 22nd. Hopefully we can get the draft in before that because I'd hate to miss it. Maybe with the holidays coming up we should take a 2 week break or something after the superbowl? Start the offseason after christmas when everyone is back in town? Just a thought.

Yeah, I have to say, I don't think that's a good ideal. You've gotta recognize that your trip is a bit of an odd one. It's 8 days long...but it's also BEFORE prime holiday time. If I had to guess, I'd think more people are going to be gone in the days surrounding Christmas and New Year's. If we were going to take a "break", it would probably make more sense to do it then. And really, like I said, I would rather just use that "break" to serve as the preseason. At least that way people can still play some games even if it ends up being against the CPU (injuries would be turned off).

One thing to keep in mind is the things that can be done from the website. I know you can draft from the website. I can't say how well it works (though I doubt it's much worse than in game since they took away draft boards this year anyway), but I do know that's an option.

#3701 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

I'll be drafting from the website regardless of what location I'm at, home or otherwise. I figured they screw everything up anyway, may as well not sit there with only the tv on.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#3702 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Yeah I don't think a 2 week break would be good either for the reasons perdition mentioned.

#3703 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Internet crapped out on me up 28-0 a min or two into the 3rd quarter. We have rescheduled the Bears vs. 49ers game for around 9:30 EST.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3704 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

I think we should try to finish everything we can before the 15th or so. Then people can play the preseason games through chirstmas and newyears then hoepfully we well be finishing up everything. Getting ready for the regular season and such.

#3705 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

I think we should try to finish everything we can before the 15th or so. Then people can play the preseason games through chirstmas and newyears then hoepfully we well be finishing up everything. Getting ready for the regular season and such.

So...you're suggesting we get through 7 more games (spread across 3 weeks), 5 weeks of free agency/scouting, and the draft in 9 days? That's pretty ambitious. Like I said, it's all going to depend on how this divisional round goes. We know 2 games will get played today. What about the other two?

Also, what happens between the 15th and 25th? I'm assuming preseason...all the way through New Year's. So, over 2 weeks on preseason? I'm going to be as accommodating as I can for people, but we've gotta be reasonable too. It seems silly to rush through the offseason just to sit in preseason for over 2 weeks. The 15th is 10 days before Christmas. Hell, schools don't even get out that early, lol.

#3706 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Idk haha darn holidays. Lol well I know i'll be here for the draft and fa period so I am ok.
8-)

#3707 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

It wouldn't be that crazy to get done with the superbowl by the end of saturday, a day per week of free agency/scouting, and the draft on the 14th or 15th and start preseason. That is all my opinion of course, but it just seems like the players left in the playoffs all tend to be online a bunch (at least the ones on my friends list), and everyone has been pretty active lately.

#3708 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

It wouldn't be that crazy to get done with the superbowl by the end of saturday, a day per week of free agency/scouting, and the draft on the 14th or 15th and start preseason. That is all my opinion of course, but it just seems like the players left in the playoffs all tend to be online a bunch (at least the ones on my friends list), and everyone has been pretty active lately.

My thoughts. haha

#3709 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

I don't disagree with that. My issue is more pigeon holing the draft into a one or two day window, which could fall on a day when several people are unavailable. Not saying it isn't possible. I just think it's silly to rush the draft when there's a week+ coming up where we KNOW people will be unavailable. It's fine to suggest having the draft earlier, but you can't completely ignore that doing so basically suggests allowing the preseason to last for 2+ weeks. I'm open to suggestions, but we can't come in here with half an idea either.

I guess the question begging to be asked is, outside of JoelyPoley, does anybody else NEED the draft to be before the 15th? And if you do, what timeframe do you suggest for transitioning from draft to preseason to regular season?

#3710 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

if the offseason takes to long i could see people losing interest in the league very fast 2 weeks for preseason where ur playing with the backups most of the time is horrible enough by its self lol.

i could care less when the draft really but i do believe the sooner the better

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#3711 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

I don't think very many others need it to be then, and Joely should be able to get online at some point while he is gone. In terms of going draft to preseason to regular season I'd like a 2 day a game preseason.

As an example, draft day on 12/1. Preseason week 1 due 12/3. Week 2 due 12/5. Week 3 due 12/7. Week 4 due 12/9, and then regular season back to normal timeframe for games. Obviously not the real dates of the draft, just a hypothetical situation.

Maybe for the first week or two of the regular season we do 5 day windows until we get past the first. I just don't think we need to get that hung up on the preseason games or the offseason in general, especially since it is a go at your own pace deal.

#3712 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

if the offseason takes to long i could see people losing interest in the league very fast 2 weeks for preseason where ur playing with the backups most of the time is horrible enough by its self lol.

i could care less when the draft really but i do believe the sooner the better

I get that, but we have to plan around the holidays somehow. I find it amusing (and a little sad) that people are so disinterested in the offseason activities...when that was basically the point of Connected Careers as opposed to the old franchise system.

I know the same thing happened in the other league where everyone was freaking out and wanting to just "get back to playing games". But free agency and scouting your draft picks is going to play a large role in defining your team for the next season. People can't have that small of an attention span can they?

#3713 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

I know the same thing happened in the other league where everyone was freaking out and wanting to just "get back to playing games". But free agency and scouting your draft picks is going to play a large role in defining your team for the next season. People can't have that small of an attention span can they?

Realistically scouting takes 30-40 minutes after free agency is done. Check your needs that you still have, look at the players you think would fit and scout them, and move on.

#3714 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Can we also do free agency from the website as well? All I really care about is draft and free agency. If they can be done from the website (idk if/how well) then I can deal.

#3715 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Ya I agree the offseason can move pretty quickly, I think all of it was accomplished over a weekend including the draft in the other league.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3716 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Realistically scouting takes 30-40 minutes after free agency is done. Check your needs that you still have, look at the players you think would fit and scout them, and move on.

And can everyone please not post anything about the draft board on the forum. I know someone made a post in the other league that gave a bunch of stats of all the people listed in the draft and it completely ruined it. Players predicted to go in the 6th round were going in the top 10 because a couple days before we all found out who was rated as a "superstar". It made scouting a complete waste of time.

#3717 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

We will be in free agency before you leave, that is a for sure thing.

#3718 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

This assumes that everyone can be on their Xbox very shortly after we advance. Believe me, guys. I want everything to go quickly and smoothly. I just hate getting ahead of myself, especially when we have a holiday to plan around anyway. We'll see how things play out.

Can we also do free agency from the website as well? All I really care about is draft and free agency. If they can be done from the website (idk if/how well) then I can deal.

Yes, free agents can be signed from the website.

And can everyone please not post anything about the draft board on the forum. I know someone made a post in the other league that gave a bunch of stats of all the people listed in the draft and it completely ruined it. Players predicted to go in the 6th round were going in the top 10 because a couple days before we all found out who was rated as a "superstar". It made scouting a complete waste of time.

I agree with this 100%. The problem is, there are going to be people who do it anyway for their own benefit. So, then you've got a handful of people who already know who all the best players are going to be. I HATE that EA handles drafts like this. I thought this year was supposed to be different with having "random" draft classes. But it doesn't seem like it's made any difference at all.

The people who want to "play ahead" to learn who all the studs are going to be are just free to do so. To me, this is just another example of EA catering their sports games to people who want to play in an unrealistic way. There should be a difference between scouting and having a crystal ball.

#3719 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Can we send out like a pm too see how many people are going to be out or something?

#3720 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Ya I agree the offseason can move pretty quickly, I think all of it was accomplished over a weekend including the draft in the other league.

and if then it seemed to be way to long

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs