Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#3751 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

im just saying you guys think im to good but N8 did just as good and set amazing records for rushing

Do you really think people are that dumb? I ran the ball because that was ALL I HAD. I don't have Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd to throw to. I couldn't trade away my legendary QB for defensive studs and still light people up in the passing game. If you really want to know what determines somebody's status in this league, it's if they're beatable. You lost one game to someone who wasn't your brother, and that's because you were screwing around making stupid throws (I think you had like 7 INTs in that game). If you had played legit that game, you and Chetty would be 30-0 against the rest of the league. If I ever reach that level, I promise you I will step aside. But to continue this rouse that you're "not that good" is insulting to everyone's intelligence...and is trying to take advantage of the purpose of the league.

#3752 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

I understand you want to win the superbowl every year without any challenge. So I hope you have fun playing in your learning leauge when you are clearly past the learning stage. But im done with this conversation so have a good night

#3753 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

your runs by bloicking for real. haha you do the same formation all game and same run to the outside and you wonder why im stoping your run.

#3754 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

im not saying im not good. ill be more then happy to leave if thats what yall want when the season is done. all im saying is your to are clearly past the learning stages. i hope you have fun with the rest of your seasons.

#3755 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

your runs by bloicking for real. haha you do the same formation all game and same run to the outside and you wonder why im stoping your run.

Yup...here we go. Bring the insults. I use the same formation because I have multiple plays out of it (both passing and running). If I had a different look for each play, it would be pretty obvious which play is coming. Just because I line up in the formation for the run to the outside doesn't mean I'm running that play. I had to a lot against you because your DBs are so ridiculous, any time I tried to throw the ball, it was intercepted.

This shows how stupid your mentality is. You can't even acknowledge that your corners are so good you can run single man coverage and blanket anyone on the field. Continuing to pound the run is the smart strategy in that situation. It's when you give up on the run that things get out of hand. But yeah...don't let logic get in the way of "how to win at Madden".

#3756 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

I understand you want to win the superbowl every year without any challenge. So I hope you have fun playing in your learning leauge when you are clearly past the learning stage. But im done with this conversation so have a good night

If I'm past the learning stage, then why can't I stop you or Chetty from kicking the shit out of me? Does that make sense to you?

#3757 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

it's not even the same formation its the cheesy toss you do all game 30 times a game. But whatever you say N8

#3758 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

everytime we've played our games have been close.

#3759 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

N8 I gotta say man this sounds more personal then commish...ish. No one likes losing dude but c'mon man....chill out just a bit. I'm not trying to defend anyone but you sound more pissed because you were losing then because of any league rules being broken? We all lose our cool of course as you and I have definitely had our time in the ring so to speak but this to me is out of line and I don't think it reflects well on you at all dude.

All I'm saying is that, like most leaders in any situation you do have the right to get pissed and think things aren't fair but as the leader and overall rule enforcer of the league I don't think you have the right to show it. You have to stay fair and unbiased and it just seems like you are kicking him out (or at least saying that) because you are extremely irritated, obviously pissed and showing a little bias.

I've heard that the other league has two commissioners? I'm not saying we should but in situations like I just read I'd like to know why they have two because in this situation it seems that having two would let you be able to go off like you did with another cooler head to calm you down and not let things get out of hand.

#3760 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

N8 I gotta say man this sounds more personal then commish...ish. No one likes losing dude but c'mon man....chill out just a bit. I'm not trying to defend anyone but you sound more pissed because you were losing then because of any league rules being broken? We all lose our cool of course as you and I have definitely had our time in the ring so to speak but this to me is out of line and I don't think it reflects well on you at all dude.

All I'm saying is that, like most leaders in any situation you do have the right to get pissed and think things aren't fair but as the leader and overall rule enforcer of the league I don't think you have the right to show it. You have to stay fair and unbiased and it just seems like you are kicking him out (or at least saying that) because you are extremely irritated, obviously pissed and showing a little bias.

I've heard that the other league has two commissioners? I'm not saying we should but in situations like I just read I'd like to know why they have two because in this situation it seems that having two would let you be able to go off like you did with another cooler head to calm you down and not let things get out of hand.

I get what you're saying, and I always think about that. I just can't waste any more of my time on a game that I don't feel is fair. Like I said, the blizzard thing took me out of it immediately. It's a fucking joke. Then when Mallett is making 18 yard throws off his back leg in it, I don't even know what game I'm playing anymore.

Honestly, I'm just about at my wits end with EA games. I probably need a break. I've all but stopped playing NHL 13, and I feel like I'm getting there with this game. If I was smart, I'd trade them both in and be done with it. The bad programming gets to me on an unhealthy level. Seriously, if people want me banned from the league for it, I wouldn't blame them...and it wouldn't bother me that much.

#3761 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

I know I'm a new member to this league but I've been following both this and the official league all year and I gotta say Doc has a good point. None of us like losing and we all have had those moments where we want to throw our controller against the wall, but as commish you automatically put yourself on a higher standard of professionalism by default. For a league titled the gentleman's league, you dont really seem to have taken this loss like a gentleman coming in here and using the Fuck icon 9 times in a single post. Like Doc said you definitely have the right to get pissed, but maybe not so much showing it in the thread.

And Hem does make one decent point in this...how many 200 yard games did you get with Chris Johnson this season? You think your opponents were a little pissed every game you ran over them with a guy who has been a real life bust the last 2 years (maybe not as much this year but definitely last year)? What would happen if they came in after each loss and posted all pissed?

Again, this is just my $.02. I can definitely relate to how you feel (my first game in this league I got my ass kicked) and the Pats are definitely a stacked team in Madden, but at the same time I think it could have been handled better.

#3762 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

I get what you're saying, and I always think about that. I just can't waste any more of my time on a game that I don't feel is fair. Like I said, the blizzard thing took me out of it immediately. It's a fucking joke. Then when Mallett is making 18 yard throws off his back leg in it, I don't even know what game I'm playing anymore.

Honestly, I'm just about at my wits end with EA games. I probably need a break. I've all but stopped playing NHL 13, and I feel like I'm getting there with this game. If I was smart, I'd trade them both in and be done with it. The bad programming gets to me on an unhealthy level. Seriously, if people want me banned from the league for it, I wouldn't blame them...and it wouldn't bother me that much.

I think you should seriously consider having a 2nd commissioner, hopefully this would help you feel not as overwhelmed. As far as the Patriots, I believe tight ends are broken in game. It is extremely easy to get completions to them, I felt there was some of this in 12 too.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#3763 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

If you're getting that upset over a video game, then it's probably time for a break.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#3764 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

I know I'm a new member to this league but I've been following both this and the official league all year and I gotta say Doc has a good point. None of us like losing and we all have had those moments where we want to throw our controller against the wall, but as commish you automatically put yourself on a higher standard of professionalism by default. For a league titled the gentleman's league, you dont really seem to have taken this loss like a gentleman coming in here and using the Fuck icon 9 times in a single post. Like Doc said you definitely have the right to get pissed, but maybe not so much showing it in the thread.

And Hem does make one decent point in this...how many 200 yard games did you get with Chris Johnson this season? You think your opponents were a little pissed every game you ran over them with a guy who has been a real life bust the last 2 years (maybe not as much this year but definitely last year)? What would happen if they came in after each loss and posted all pissed?

Again, this is just my $.02. I can definitely relate to how you feel (my first game in this league I got my ass kicked) and the Pats are definitely a stacked team in Madden, but at the same time I think it could have been handled better.

Ok...so, follow me on this logic here. We're now arguing that I'M too good for the league because of the rushing numbers I put up with CJ and the games I was able to win. But yet...I'M getting my ass handed to me by Chetty and Hemingway. In what way does that not indicate that either/both of them are too good to play here? Seriously, I don't care what results from me and this situation. My issue is having ANYONE in the league who proves to be basically unbeatable. It makes the entire league a waste of time.

#3765 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

Ok...so, follow me on this logic here. We're now arguing that I'M too good for the league because of the rushing numbers I put up with CJ and the games I was able to win. But yet...I'M getting my ass handed to me by Chetty and Hemingway. In what way does that not indicate that either/both of them are too good to play here? Seriously, I don't care what results from me and this situation. My issue is having ANYONE in the league who proves to be basically unbeatable. It makes the entire league a waste of time.

Nobody's saying you're too good for the league either. My point was that you have demonstrated a great skill running the ball and can dominate plenty of opponents with it. Hemingway is clearly better at passing and can dominate with it. You both have areas where you are vastly superior to many of the rest of us in the league. I dont think anybody's saying you're too good for the league though.

#3766 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Nobody's saying you're too good for the league either. My point was that you have demonstrated a great skill running the ball and can dominate plenty of opponents with it. Hemingway is clearly better at passing and can dominate with it. You both have areas where you are vastly superior to many of the rest of us in the league. I dont think anybody's saying you're too good for the league though.

and why am i getting kicked out when you might be to good for this league you ran all over every team. overs 3,000 yards this year i think.

Well, there was that.

But I understand where you're coming from, and I don't disagree that people excel at different things. But I know I'm far from unbeatable. Maybe I'm alone in my opinion that Chetty and Hemingway are, but I've seen what they've done in both leagues...what they've done in ranked games. They've won probably like 85% of their total games.

The thing that was said when this league was created was that this wasn't a place for people who were getting to the playoffs in the other league to come over here so they could dominate. In my opinion, that's exactly what we're seeing.

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of good players in this league. Doc has taken me to the wood shed. Blade has taken me to the woodshed. Kaster has taken me to the wood shed. But those guys lose games too. If we're seeing people who don't lose, then what's the point of continuing to play? Yeah, people can say "oh, you're taking this too seriously", but the guy trying to beat my ass 40-7 seems to be taking it pretty seriously too. These guys are beating Super Bowl winners in the official league. If we're ok with that, then all this is is "another Madden league". And I have no interest in that.

#3767 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

Too break some tension...

Posted Image

#3768 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Ok first, don't make it sound like I came over to dominate this league. When I came onto cag to see if any leagues were available, this was the only league available to me. I have never played in a league in any Madden, I had no clue how I would match up in any league. I have clearly matched up well, but going into this I had no clue. Plus after taking a couple beatings from players in the other league I worked pretty hard on getting better. I see and know that I'm "too good" for this league, all I had asked for this entire time was to finish out the season.

And I don't think anyone has a problem with being told they are too good to play but its the way you go about doing you. You don't send them a p.m or actually wait until the offseason, you put it in the thread under one of your Fuck filled rants about how cheap they are or how Madden fucked you. It just rubs people the wrong way.

Then there's is the fact that you claim this is a learning league and you even went out of your way to make a post about doc and how you want people using strategy to beat there opponents. But then you don't try to improve, you just run and run out of the same formation. You don't try to improve your pass game, hell you didn't even have enough pass attempts for the game to give you a passer rating in the league leaders screen. Using the same formation and runs instead of trying to improve your passing game combined with your rants clearly shows you care more about winning and stats than anytype of sportsmanship or improvement. Maybe instead of flipping out that someone was able to stop your run, you could ask and discuss what you could do better.

Then there's the whole point you are claiming I kicked your ass. I beat you 19-3 and you knelt the ball for the entire fourth quarter because you were throwing a tantrum about fumbling on a kickoff. It was a two score game with an entire quarter left and you just gave up. It was laughable. To make it worse, you sent me an xbl message while doing your whole kneel thing, freaking out about ea was sucking my balls and I can have the cheap win. Seemed more like a 10 year old I would come across playing halo than an adult in an organized league.

Like I said I don't mind leaving after the season, but for you to parade around here and preach that this is an improvement league that needs good sportsmanship and communication, then act the complete opposite its just laughable.

#3769 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Ok first, don't make it sound like I came over to dominate this league. When I came onto cag to see if any leagues were available, this was the only league available to me. I have never played in a league in any Madden, I had no clue how I would match up in any league. I have clearly matched up well, but going into this I had no clue. Plus after taking a couple beatings from players in the other league I worked pretty hard on getting better. I see and know that I'm "too good" for this league, all I had asked for this entire time was to finish out the season.

And I don't think anyone has a problem with being told they are too good to play but its the way you go about doing you. You don't send them a p.m or actually wait until the offseason, you put it in the thread under one of your Fuck filled rants about how cheap they are or how Madden fucked you. It just rubs people the wrong way.

Then there's is the fact that you claim this is a learning league and you even went out of your way to make a post about doc and how you want people using strategy to beat there opponents. But then you don't try to improve, you just run and run out of the same formation. You don't try to improve your pass game, hell you didn't even have enough pass attempts for the game to give you a passer rating in the league leaders screen. Using the same formation and runs instead of trying to improve your passing game combined with your rants clearly shows you care more about winning and stats than anytype of sportsmanship or improvement. Maybe instead of flipping out that someone was able to stop your run, you could ask and discuss what you could do better.

Then there's the whole point you are claiming I kicked your ass. I beat you 19-3 and you knelt the ball for the entire fourth quarter because you were throwing a tantrum about fumbling on a kickoff. It was a two score game with an entire quarter left and you just gave up. It was laughable. To make it worse, you sent me an xbl message while doing your whole kneel thing, freaking out about ea was sucking my balls and I can have the cheap win. Seemed more like a 10 year old I would come across playing halo than an adult in an organized league.

Like I said I don't mind leaving after the season, but for you to parade around here and preach that this is an improvement league that needs good sportsmanship and communication, then act the complete opposite its just laughable.

Ok, you're right. I'm not even going to argue about it anymore. Call my loss a forfeit. If anything what I realized yesterday is I don't have the right players to compete with either of you. I've got the speed back, but I don't have the high press CBs or high release WRs or speed LBs that matter in Madden. This game is entirely formulaic. I'll be sure to spend the next season acquiring the right type of "Madden players" as you and Hemingway have done.

#3770 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of good players in this league. Doc has taken me to the wood shed. Blade has taken me to the woodshed. Kaster has taken me to the wood shed.

That cuts deep, bro. :cry:

But seriously, I won the first 2 titles in this league, and at no point did I nor anyone else consider me "unbeatable". I just got hot at the right times. However, when you're constantly dominating, I think that it is time to bow out.

#3771 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

But seriously, I won the first 2 titles in this league, and at no point did I nor anyone else consider me "unbeatable". I just got hot at the right times. However, when you're constantly dominating, I think that it is time to bow out.

LOL...sorry, man! I could have mentioned you, DVO, Dark Rider, and several others. I just wasn't sure how many times I could type "wood shed" without getting turned on...haha.

But yeah. That's basically my point. I know I wasn't expressing it in the best way, but when you get to the end of a long season (and one that actually made you feel pretty good) and you realize you were STILL just entirely wasting your time because you don't even have a competitive chance, it is incredibly deflating...especially when the game insists that you play in a completely unrealistic blizzard (which to be honest, was pissing me off from the get go. It made it feel like a New England home game).

Like I said, had it not been for a game where he threw 7 INTs, Hemingway and Chetty would be 30-0 against the rest of this league. That's a pretty large sample size. Honestly, I am thankful that they at least chose to be in the same division, but still...when we have people capable of going undefeated with what seems like minmal effort, then the league serves no purpose. Essentially, having Chetty and Hemingway in this league is like playing Dark Souls, lol.

And I really don't buy this schtick of "Oh golly jeepers, I didn't know I was this good." From day one, they were "coffin punting", starting Jeff Demps, moving blockers on special teams, etc. "Regular players" don't know to do those things. Hell, Hemingway was just called out in the other league for putting his best receiver at #3 in the depth chart to get favorable matchups against the defense. These are "Maddenisms". I'm not even trying to accuse them of anything. But good God, admiit that you know the game better than most.

Having said all that, if people feel I'm completely in the wrong and would rather keep them and have me step down from running the league, obviously, I would comply. I don't want to make anybody miserable here.

#3772 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

i dont think it would be a bad idea to have a total of 2 or 3 commishs in here so that way if one isnt around the other makes the call. if 2 of the three cant agree on something the 3rd one is the tie break on the rule keeps everything from being bias and keeps people away from saying the people in charge are being bias.

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

Season 1: 0-0

#3773 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

I have prior experience as a deputy commissioner, you know, no big deal.

#3774 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

LOL...sorry, man! I could have mentioned you, DVO, Dark Rider, and several others. I just wasn't sure how many times I could type "wood shed" without getting turned on...haha.

But yeah. That's basically my point. I know I wasn't expressing it in the best way, but when you get to the end of a long season (and one that actually made you feel pretty good) and you realize you were STILL just entirely wasting your time because you don't even have a competitive chance, it is incredibly deflating...especially when the game insists that you play in a completely unrealistic blizzard (which to be honest, was pissing me off from the get go. It made it feel like a New England home game).

Like I said, had it not been for a game where he threw 7 INTs, Hemingway and Chetty would be 30-0 against the rest of this league. That's a pretty large sample size. Honestly, I am thankful that they at least chose to be in the same division, but still...when we have people capable of going undefeated with what seems like minmal effort, then the league serves no purpose. Essentially, having Chetty and Hemingway in this league is like playing Dark Souls, lol.

And I really don't buy this schtick of "Oh golly jeepers, I didn't know I was this good." From day one, they were "coffin punting", starting Jeff Demps, moving blockers on special teams, etc. "Regular players" don't know to do those things. Hell, Hemingway was just called out in the other league for putting his best receiver at #3 in the depth chart to get favorable matchups against the defense. These are "Maddenisms". I'm not even trying to accuse them of anything. But good God, admiit that you know the game better than most.

Having said all that, if people feel I'm completely in the wrong and would rather keep them and have me step down from running the league, obviously, I would comply. I don't want to make anybody miserable here.

it was number 2 and thats not why i did it but thanks :)

#3775 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

I couldn't beat you for the life of me last year, you did have the Packers. But that's how I feel about myself this year. I picked one of the better teams this year, and I am doing better then last year. I then made moves to make them more to my strengths. I had a good record the first season, and then fell apart the second season last year with the Lions.

I definitely think Chetty needs to move on, being that good with a crappy team means you are too good for this league.

I have had competitive games with both of them losing by a touchdown or less I believe. Hemingway is another issue that needs to be discussed, would he be that good without the Patriots? I don't know, maybe he still would be...

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#3776 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

I've had pretty competitive, very close games with the majority of people I have played. I got absolutely destroyed by the pats and dolphins the 4 times I faced them. Hopefully I'll be 1-4 against them in a couple hours.

#3777 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

I've had pretty competitive, very close games with the majority of people I have played. I got absolutely destroyed by the pats and dolphins the 4 times I faced them. Hopefully I'll be 1-4 against them in a couple hours.

24-14, 28-10... yup absolutely destroyed...

#3778 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

I have 1 receiver with a release over 80.. maddenism
I have 2 corners with press over 80, only 1 of them even plays...maddenism
I have 1 starting linebacker with speed over an 80 and he's on the outside in a 3-4...maddenism
My speed back has a little over 1000 yards rushing...maddenism

#3779 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

49ers 34, Bears 10

GG, Blade. I can't wait til you get the shit kicked out of you. I hope Coby Fleener gets herpes. Big changes coming to Chicago in the offseason.

#3780 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

C'mon, you' 're undefeated with the dolphins. Are you trying to tell me you're not too good for this league?