Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#3931 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

so pretty much if they are there to sign a deal and u dont want to lose them u better sign them or they are gone

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#3932 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

so pretty much if they are there to sign a deal and u dont want to lose them u better sign them or they are gone

Right.

33126.png

#3933 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

well looks like i have a few players to be signing

Madden 25

#3934 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Eagles are open to a lot of trades. Only players i'm looking to hold onto for sure are Bryce Brown, Demarius Johnson, and Desean Jackson. I'd be open to offers on a lot, especially Vick.

#3935 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Looking to move up to several picks in the first round. No one is off the table except Manning, Miller, and Tamme.

#3936 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

We had a similar issue with contract length in the other league, though I can't 100% recall what the exact problem was. Don't quote me on this, but I think it might have had to with how the game handles restricted vs. unrestricted Free Agents (spoiler: inelegantly, but that's par for the course). Fero might remember better as he was advancing us and also looked into the issue more deeply than I did.

I believe the key was to make sure you look at your re-signings screen, even if you didn't think there were guys who needed to be re-upped. There might be some people in there you didn't expect.

Ok, well just using Britt as the example here, he SHOULD be signed through the 2013 season (as per his real life contract). However, in game, it shows his 2012 cap hit to be $2.87 and his 2013 cap hit to be $0. I'm not well versed in my NFL finances here, but would he have zero cap hit because he's in the final year of his deal? (ie. coming off the books) I know you guys had problems with some players, but this would just blow my mind if the game screwed up contracts to the point of shorting players an entire year and not telling you about it.

#3937 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Maybe have a day of only your own teams free agent resigning to make sure people don't get screwed on players they thought would still be on their team?

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#3938 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

How the game lists it is pretty confusing, but everyone who shows up during the FA resigning period will be off the books and be a free agent if you don't resign them then. So that should make everything clear once we hit that point.

#3939 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Anyone know if you can resign your players and then trade them?

#3940 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

I guess I'm just going to wait before I continue anymore trade talks, cause I have no idea who is staying. I swear it looked like I was only losing 9 guys before and now it's more.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#3941 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Yeah I suspect I'll be using my franchise tag on a player I wasn't anticipating being a free agent.

#3942 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

How the game lists it is pretty confusing, but everyone who shows up during the FA resigning period will be off the books and be a free agent if you don't resign them then. So that should make everything clear once we hit that point.

Yup. Even if you think a guy has another year, if he's on that list it means he'll leave if you don't sign him.

33126.png

#3943 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Seriously, why do we all continue to put up with this crap? Are we all sick or something? How hard is it to follow real contracts? Yet...one more thing EA botches. I feel like I need to be committed so I'll stop buying shitty EA games, lol. Somebody help us.

#3944 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

i hope there are alot of wrs i could use one more :)
im thinking
AJ Green
Victor Cruz
D Bowe or Mike Wallace or even both and go 4 wide all day everyday lol
if i have 3 top tier WRs and eli throwing the ball this team is going to the super bowl or at least i hope else is all just wasted talent

also my TE is on the block if anyone is interested in him gresham overall 82 i believe

Madden 25

#3945 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

It's all we got...

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#3946 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

EA servers are down. I fully expect us not to have a league anymore when they come back.

#3947 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

I guess I'm just going to wait before I continue anymore trade talks, cause I have no idea who is staying. I swear it looked like I was only losing 9 guys before and now it's more.

Our deal is still a go though right?

#3948 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Our deal is still a go though right?

What deal?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#3949 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Awwwwkward.

#3950 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Just saw what's basically horrible confirmation that bv and uber are exactly right (not that I doubted them...just wanted to see the reasoning for myself). I looked at my contracts again, and happened to notice my free agent that I signed earlier in the year, Pat Sims (who we know was only able to sign a 1 year deal), and he's listed as having 1 year remaining on his contract and has a 2013 cap hit of $0.

Sooo...yup...if you look at your salaries, anybody who is listed as 1 year remaining, will be a free agent when we hit the offseason. I counted, and I have 24 guys on my team who fall into this category (and at best, the game only let me negotiate with 7-8 of them during the season). And I talked to the Giants owner (jza1218), and he has 27. Awesome that EA fucked up contracts this severely, as I know for a fact that several of them should not be running out at the conclusion of the 2012 season. Get ready for a shitstorm, folks.

#3951 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

Awwwwkward.

Hahaha

#3952 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Well from my own experience any FA that you signed during the season you'll be able to resign them again if they accept. In the other league I signed Kellen Winslow to a 4 year contract when I picked him up and it said only 1 year.

With the guys contracts that are about to expire with 1 year left you can still resign them as long as they haven't declined your contract.

I hope that cleared anything up. Basically once we hit offseason you can still sign players unless you've already tried and they said no.

#3953 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

I thought you could try to resign anyone when the offseason starts? Even if they had declined?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#3954 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

I thought you could try to resign anyone when the offseason starts? Even if they had declined?

If they've declined you've lost them they will be in the free for all.

#3955 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

Like the owner before me is losing all his players and it won't or hopefully I can once offseason starts even franchise a player.

#3956 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Well, we could always set the first day on an honor system to just offer contracts to guys you are losing...just so it'll only be a free for all after. Give every team the chance to sign guys they wanna sign just for the first day.

#3957 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Just saw what's basically horrible confirmation that bv and uber are exactly right (not that I doubted them...just wanted to see the reasoning for myself). I looked at my contracts again, and happened to notice my free agent that I signed earlier in the year, Pat Sims (who we know was only able to sign a 1 year deal), and he's listed as having 1 year remaining on his contract and has a 2013 cap hit of $0.

Sooo...yup...if you look at your salaries, anybody who is listed as 1 year remaining, will be a free agent when we hit the offseason. I counted, and I have 24 guys on my team who fall into this category (and at best, the game only let me negotiate with 7-8 of them during the season). And I talked to the Giants owner (jza1218), and he has 27. Awesome that EA fucked up contracts this severely, as I know for a fact that several of them should not be running out at the conclusion of the 2012 season. Get ready for a shitstorm, folks.

It sucks that EA messed up the exact details on the contracts, BUT the good news is that you do get a chance to resign all these guys during the FA resigning period before they hit the open market. Not ideal if someone is in for an early, big pay day but given Madden... could be worse!

#3958 ballinhun8

ballinhun8

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

Someone take Bryant please. Can't stand him in real life can't stand him here.

While you're at it please also take Tony Homo off my hands.

#3959 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Christ...this was the first Madden i've bought in several years and it'll probably be several more before I get the next one. I picked it up this year because of the new engine, and while it's promising, there are too many things broken and exploits that you can take advantage of. That's just the gameplay side of things...then you have this problem with the contracts and no telling what else...the EA Madden website having a terrible design and is just overall annoying to use.

I honestly might just take a hiatus from the league. Everyone i've played with has been great but this game finds ways to make you not want to play anymore.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#3960 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Well, we could always set the first day on an honor system to just offer contracts to guys you are losing...just so it'll only be a free for all after. Give every team the chance to sign guys they wanna sign just for the first day.

Madden actually has a day for this already. Before there's the free for all, there is a day or maybe 2? where you can sign or franchise any one going to be a free agent. As I said above, it sucks EA messed this up but nothing crazy bad because you will get that exclusive chance to resign those guys first.