Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#4351 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Just to be on the safe side, I'm making a list of my one year remaining, no resign option players. This is predominately for my benefit though. Just need a place to find it just in case.

LE Andy Tracy
RG Mitch Petrus
FB Henry Hynoski
LG Kevin Boothe
DT Linval Joseph
C Jeff Cordle
WR Hakeem Nicks
RT David Diehl
LE Justin Tuck
ROLB Michael Boley
CB Corey Webster

#4352 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Try going to the website and make a trade.

I must be an idiot because I can't even figure out where to do this at. I've looked all over the site and clicked on all links in it.

#4353 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

Just to be on the safe side, I'm making a list of my one year remaining, no resign option players. This is predominately for my benefit though. Just need a place to find it just in case.

WR Hakeem Nicks

DIBS! :rofl:

#4354 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

Just made my list as well before I head off to work. Should be an interesting night later.

#4355 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

I must be an idiot because I can't even figure out where to do this at. I've looked all over the site and clicked on all links in it.

I'm about to head out but I'll post a walk-through later on this afternoon.

#4356 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Bumping this back up. I think a lot op people missed it in the haze. But not this haze.

Spoiler
No one got lost in that haze for sure.

I am disappoint. I'm sure a lot of guys at work didn't click on your spoiler because they were expecting this haze.
Spoiler

;)

#4357 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Trades are locked right now anyway. I think they should open up when we advance tonight.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#4358 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST READ THIS

hmmm so jza i just tried wut u did and cut players that denied contracts with me and when i cut them they said i would save money thru cutting them but before i cut them it i checked my current cap space balance in team salaries then once i cut them went to see if it changed and nothing did so thoughs guys fake contract werent actually on the book must be part of the ea mess up

but then i did some more things like i went to players that said they had one year that werent in my resign area and when i went to cut them it said i would save this much but would get a cap penalty of however much then i would cancel. so im thinking or atleast hoping that if a cap penalty pops up thats means there still actually signed unless of course they didnt have a bonus in there contract but everyone that need to be signed didnt have bonuses shouldnt be hard to figure this part out at all

then from there i cut a player on my team that i didnt want on the team becuz hes getting over paid so i cut him and when i cut him the money i cut him for to save actually shows in the team salaries. im thinking i might be on to something but not 100% sure yet but the guy i cut had 3 years left on his deal not 1 but morfe than 1 i did that to make sure how things would work

might be on to more i went to team needs and after cutting all the players that wouldnt resign with me i went to team needs to check on the expiring contract section of team needs and i have zero expiring contracts which means everyone i have with 1 year still should be good to keep until the next offseason. everyone else should check this out and see if it the same for them as well that way if all this that i have found holds any grounds and we have enough people to help back this up as all true we might have found a way to fix the off season confusion for good in this league as well as the other league. like bv said we have the chance to take care of this and better prepare and i think if we find anything we should 100% for sure pass the knowledge but we wont know for sure unless everyone tries this or atleast 4 or 5 others

Isn't it incredible that we're all racking our brains this hard and wasting so much time trying to figure out something that should have required no thought at all? It's like we're trying to cure cancer in here. Just get shit right, EA! Jesus!

#4359 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

4 years at 2.2 mil for a 32 year old fullback? Am I missing something. Sounds like crazy money for someone who's a dime a dozen and only used on a few plays. Even if Polite is a 88 ovr.

#4360 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

I only had one guy I wanted to resign...Hartline. Other than that I should be fine.

#4361 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

4 years at 2.2 mil for a 32 year old fullback? Am I missing something. Sounds like crazy money for someone who's a dime a dozen and only used on a few plays. Even if Polite is a 88 ovr.

Make sure you look at the fine print. It probably says 2.2 mil OVER 4 years, or 550k a year. So your total contract should come out to 2.2 and match his number across from it. (Assuming you're doing this from the web). I failed to do this for Steve Smith and he just got a 4-5 million dollars/year raise. Might have to ask n8 if I can cut him and pick him up as a FA and go back to trying to resign him next offseason--assuming I'm reading this all correctly.

#4362 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Is there an iphone app for Connected careers?

#4363 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Kurt Warner stats:

OVR 86
Throw Power 90
Short throw 98
Medium throw 95
Deep throw 91
Play action 87
Awareness 97

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#4364 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Kurt Warner stats:

OVR 86
Throw Power 90
Short throw 98
Medium throw 95
Deep throw 91
Play action 87
Awareness 97

But he's coaching the Rams!! These storylines don't add up haha. Unless... player/coach. 8-) I like Bradford a lot, but man, Warner would be fun. Might have to make an offer on him in Round 2.

#4365 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Oh and if you're curious who is likely coming off the books for you and can't get on your Xbox and don't want to click through every single player, try: http://www.spotrac.c...is-rams/yearly/

I just did that for the Rams and it seemed to work. Madden doesn't seem to take into account restricted free agents, so just assume those guys are off the books. And then obviously any guys with one year left you might want to double check, but at least you can rule out all of the lengthy deals.

#4366 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Make sure you look at the fine print. It probably says 2.2 mil OVER 4 years, or 550k a year. So your total contract should come out to 2.2 and match his number across from it. (Assuming you're doing this from the web). I failed to do this for Steve Smith and he just got a 4-5 million dollars/year raise. Might have to ask n8 if I can cut him and pick him up as a FA and go back to trying to resign him next offseason--assuming I'm reading this all correctly.

So when it says 4 year / 2.2 mil Its 2.2 mil over 4 years? Not atleast 2.2 mil a year?

#4367 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Is there an iphone app for Connected careers?

There was supposed to be, but EA never got around to it.

#4368 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

There was supposed to be, but EA never got around to it.

It will probably come out next month. You know, because EA is so timely.

#4369 irideabike

irideabike

they got around to it...they're just keeping it secret.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#4370 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Oh and if you're curious who is likely coming off the books for you and can't get on your Xbox and don't want to click through every single player, try: http://www.spotrac.c...is-rams/yearly/

I just did that for the Rams and it seemed to work. Madden doesn't seem to take into account restricted free agents, so just assume those guys are off the books. And then obviously any guys with one year left you might want to double check, but at least you can rule out all of the lengthy deals.

Hmmm, Isaac Sopoaga is on that list and he never showed...

Oh I guess I resigned him lol

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#4371 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

So when it says 4 year / 2.2 mil Its 2.2 mil over 4 years? Not atleast 2.2 mil a year?

If you're viewing this on the web, yes. I know the game does it a bit differently.

#4372 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

If you're viewing this on the web, yes. I know the game does it a bit differently.

I'm on the xbox. I cannot get the site to work for me at all.

#4373 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST READ THIS

hmmm so jza i just tried wut u did and cut players that denied contracts with me and when i cut them they said i would save money thru cutting them but before i cut them it i checked my current cap space balance in team salaries then once i cut them went to see if it changed and nothing did so thoughs guys fake contract werent actually on the book must be part of the ea mess up

but then i did some more things like i went to players that said they had one year that werent in my resign area and when i went to cut them it said i would save this much but would get a cap penalty of however much then i would cancel. so im thinking or atleast hoping that if a cap penalty pops up thats means there still actually signed unless of course they didnt have a bonus in there contract but everyone that need to be signed didnt have bonuses shouldnt be hard to figure this part out at all

then from there i cut a player on my team that i didnt want on the team becuz hes getting over paid so i cut him and when i cut him the money i cut him for to save actually shows in the team salaries. im thinking i might be on to something but not 100% sure yet but the guy i cut had 3 years left on his deal not 1 but morfe than 1 i did that to make sure how things would work

might be on to more i went to team needs and after cutting all the players that wouldnt resign with me i went to team needs to check on the expiring contract section of team needs and i have zero expiring contracts which means everyone i have with 1 year still should be good to keep until the next offseason. everyone else should check this out and see if it the same for them as well that way if all this that i have found holds any grounds and we have enough people to help back this up as all true we might have found a way to fix the off season confusion for good in this league as well as the other league. like bv said we have the chance to take care of this and better prepare and i think if we find anything we should 100% for sure pass the knowledge but we wont know for sure unless everyone tries this or atleast 4 or 5 others

if you plan on doing this step by step please pm me so that way once we advance i know who to ask to see if it was correct or not so i can consider it tested by more than one person aka myself

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#4374 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Kurt Warner stats:

OVR 86
Throw Power 90
Short throw 98
Medium throw 95
Deep throw 91
Play action 87
Awareness 97

did we advance and did he come out of retirement?

also if i go by the site uber posted
collins
mays
dunlap
allen
atkins

all should be under contract still for 1 year like the game says lets see if after we advance if they are still on my team like they should be. also if they do stay on my team thats means my plan of how to detect who is really a FA and who isnt actually works :) but thats also would mean if they are in ur resign box that means they are the only real FAs as well which will be good to know for the future

Madden 25

#4375 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

He came out of retirement yesterday...when we advanced after the Super Bowl.

#4376 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

He came out of retirement when we advanced to the offseason.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#4377 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

hmmm must have missed that one very interesting though but if his stats are that great but his overall is that low there has to be something wrong with the guy thats for sure. either way i might take a stab at him depending on how my FAs come out after we advance and after i find out about my trade. wut time do we plan to advance i know its more than likely been mentioned already but with doing so much research of how to figure out ea sports off season cancer problem i more than likely over looked the time.

Madden 25

#4378 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

How to make a trade from the website (a tutorial)

After logging into the site, select My Team from the top bar. Select the position of the player you want to trade for. Scroll down to where it says available players and change it from free agents to trade in the drop down menu.

Find a player from the team you want to trade with and flick on their card and then click profile. It will take you to a page that shows their performance. In the top right corner, click Take action and select Trade for. This will take you to a screen where it shows you a list of players from both teams, along with their overalls and cap hits to choose from. At the top there is a tab for future draft picks. After you've checked off what you want to trade for and trade away, select review trade. If you're satisfied select Offer Trade and you're done.

If you receive an offer while you're on the website you'll see it at the top under My Actions.

#4379 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

I'm curious, is anyone going to actually quit who has been in the league and PLANNED on staying if they can't resign the guys they planned to resign?

I've already lost guys I've tried to resign during the season offering literally way more than they wanted and yea it sucks and this whole situation seems a bit messed up (a lot messed up) but what I those players weren't wanting to stay no matter what? I get the autopilot thing and so forth but I just think its a little crappy to quit if you aren't able to resign your players with getting a second shot.

Anyone else think its kind of douchey....not saying those guys are douches just saying its a douchey thing to say and potentially do is all.

#4380 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

I'm curious, is anyone going to actually quit who has been in the league and PLANNED on staying if they can't resign the guys they planned to resign?

I've already lost guys I've tried to resign during the season offering literally way more than they wanted and yea it sucks and this whole situation seems a bit messed up (a lot messed up) but what I those players weren't wanting to stay no matter what? I get the autopilot thing and so forth but I just think its a little crappy to quit if you aren't able to resign your players with getting a second shot.

Anyone else think its kind of douchey....not saying those guys are douches just saying its a douchey thing to say and potentially do is all.

i agree with wut ur saying as well and i found my self curious as well with whats going to happen in this situation. but i know im here no matter what i like madden to much and i realize that everyone is going to have this problem not just me so it sucks for everyone not just me so im good with staying here

Madden 25