Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#4981 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

No you bid pretty high.

Eh, money's money, right? What else am I gonna do with it haha.

#4982 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

Eh, money's money, right? What else am I gonna do with it haha.

well as long as u stay around for more than 1 season it really shouldnt turn into an issue at all. but if u leave half way thru or right after people are going to be pretty mad.

but i do like the win now style ur bring to ur team. its kinda wut im gonig for with the bengals

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#4983 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

Geeze. Out bid on Jennings, Wallace and Ginn

#4984 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

Trade Approved

Whoo!! Thanks for dealing with my newbness :)

#4985 AllenScribe

AllenScribe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

The Pats are excited about bringing Earnest Graham aboard. Got snaked on D. Amendola. Wanted him to be Wes Welker 2.0.

#4986 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

Trade Rejected (sort of...we didn't actually have a problem with the deal itself)

The committee really doesn't like the "contingency" side of this one. Some people felt that this is the risk of trading up in the draft...and that the deal either needs to be agreed to or not agreed to.

Tons of trades go down on draft day in the NFL. They almost always involve the pick that is on the clock. I don't see why "risk" needed to be added into the equation when it doesn't exist in real life. Obviously not my choice to make, but I just don't understand how the committee thinks it's a fair deal, but wants to add a risk factor for some reason.

#4987 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

when we get into the preseason, will FA be a free for all or are there going to be signing groups again?

#4988 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

Tons of trades go down on draft day in the NFL. They almost always involve the pick that is on the clock. I don't see why "risk" needed to be added into the equation when it doesn't exist in real life. Obviously not my choice to make, but I just don't understand how the committee thinks it's a fair deal, but wants to add a risk factor for some reason.

I thnk it's just the idea of potentially backing out of the trade at the last second that people didn't like. I get the reasoning behind it...it just seems like it could be a slippery slope for others to back out of trades. If we're allowing "contingenies", it could really create one hell of a headache.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#4989 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

when we get into the preseason, will FA be a free for all or are there going to be signing groups again?

Hopefully.

#4990 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Yeah but those deals aren't submitted to the nfl like that either. They're done deals at that point, not maybes.

#4991 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

Yeah but those deals aren't submitted to the nfl like that either. They're done deals at that point, not maybes.

You are also able to trade up or down during the draft in the NFL. I think the reasoning behind this trade was to get preapproval for a trade down so they could do it during the draft. How are we going to handle if people want to trade down during the draft?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#4992 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

You are also able to trade up or down during the draft in the NFL. I think the reasoning behind this trade was to get preapproval for a trade down so they could do it during the draft. How are we going to handle if people want to trade down during the draft?

thats exactly how i saw the trade when i saw it. that way if they wanted to trade up or down they could with out having to worry later to see if it would get passed or not then getting stuck with a player that one drafted and now the trade gets denied and the guys are stuck with players that they didnt need or want

Madden 25

#4993 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

It's really hard to know at this point. If there are a lot of teams that need to fill in their rosters, we might do a draft style round or two. But if everyone is generally ok, then we'd just let people sign who they want. We'll see where things things sit after the draft.

#4994 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

That's exactly my point. The way I wanted it to go down was for my trade partner to send me a message when i got on the clock and if I was still interested, i would send the trade offer. If I didn't send the trade offer, well we both agreed that would be a possibility. Nobody would be surprised or hurt if the trade ended up not going down.

#4995 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

sounds good i know for my team i only really need to hit 2 spots just for depth at that spot and i really didnt want to do it thru the FA becuz i didnt want to put money on players i didnt have any info on i did on one guy and it worked out but that was out of complete luck.

Madden 25

#4996 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

That's exactly my point. The way I wanted it to go down was for my trade partner to send me a message when i got on the clock and if I was still interested, i would send the trade offer. If I didn't send the trade offer, well we both agreed that would be a possibility. Nobody would be surprised or hurt if the trade ended up not going down.

I think that's fine. Like I said, nobody objected to the trade. It was just the idea of leaving an opening of going back on it. There have been several draft pick for draft pick trades, but none that had a contingency. What if someone else decides that they don't want any of the players left at the pick they traded for and want to "undo" the deal? I get that you guys are approaching this more from a "pre-approval" standpoint, and I appreciate that. As I said, I'm just concerned about others wanting to follow suit.

#4997 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

I think that's fine. Like I said, nobody objected to the trade. It was just the idea of leaving an opening of going back on it. There have been several draft pick for draft pick trades, but none that had a contingency. What if someone else decides that they don't want any of the players left at the pick they traded for and want to "undo" the deal? I get that you guys are approaching this more from a "pre-approval" standpoint, and I appreciate that. As I said, I'm just concerned about others wanting to follow suit.

The people who already made deals didn't try to add a contingency, so that would be their problem. And as far as pre-approval goes, I didn't see it any other way. i definitely do not want to sit around and wait while trades are being evaluated during the draft. I didn't think that was an option and don't think that it should be.

#4998 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

The people who already made deals didn't try to add a contingency, so that would be their problem. And as far as pre-approval goes, I didn't see it any other way. i definitely do not want to sit around and wait while trades are being evaluated during the draft. I didn't think that was an option and don't think that it should be.

Fine. I really don't care one way or the other. Honestly, so many draft picks have been traded lately, I've lost track anyway, lol.

Trade Approved

#4999 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

The Pats are excited about bringing Earnest Graham aboard. Got snaked on D. Amendola. Wanted him to be Wes Welker 2.0.

Damn right. He wanted to play for the Broncos. :D

#5000 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Damn right. He wanted to play for the Broncos. :D

I was hoping he'd join Tampa!

#5001 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

well as long as u stay around for more than 1 season it really shouldnt turn into an issue at all. but if u leave half way thru or right after people are going to be pretty mad.

but i do like the win now style ur bring to ur team. its kinda wut im gonig for with the bengals

No, I certainly won't be jumping ship at all.

#5002 AllenScribe

AllenScribe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Got the FB and LE I was targeting. Two out of three ain't bad.

#5003 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

Thanks, Meat Loaf :)

#5004 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

I hope I can get some actual good picks up in the draft.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5005 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

I hope I can get some actual good picks up in the draft.

lol i hope i dont have to be around for the draft i will prolly hang around for the first round then dip off i plan on being a party with u and doc

Madden 25

#5006 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

Yeah I was only planning on staying around through the second or third round.

#5007 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Ill stay through the whole draft, if anyone wants to chat, DVO, Doc, and I will be in a party together

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5008 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

I've only gotten 2 response on the new Revis proposal in case anyone is wondering.

#5009 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

I've only gotten 2 response on the new Revis proposal in case anyone is wondering.

Sorry, my power is out, along with most of the town's. Not sure when we will get it back, hopefully before the Panthers game, or at least the draft. I am on my phone now.

#5010 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Ill stay through the whole draft, if anyone wants to chat, DVO, Doc, and I will be in a party together

I'll probably be around for all of it too, or at least until the Pats game starts tonight.